Franchises that would make good MMOs

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Franchises that would make good MMOs

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I have plenty of time to think at the moment seeing as I can't do anything with a broken rib cage and I was thinking what would make good MMOs? Feel free to post what you think would be good infact do it thats what this thread is for!

Elder scrolls: I mean if you add all the games togther thats alot of lore and basicly a whole world! It's perfect for the MMO treatment!

Alien vs Predator: I was thinking it would be like a MMO mixed with a FPS kinda like Borderlands (I just got that and it's very fun) or TF2. You could switch between FP or 3rdP. 3 races Humans,Xenomorphs and Predators all would have differnt play styles. You could fly around to differnt planets etc But maybe have to sets off each race kind like theres civel wars happening in each race.

Humans would be trying to survive in space in colonys etc maybe you could choose to work for the army or Weyland Yutande(I can spell that name)?
Classes for Humans
Marine: Basic allrounder DPS can use alot of differnt weps etc
Medic: Heals :lol:
Heavy weapons: The tank for humans
Battle android: Being a robot it can use stealth tech so basicly a rouge/warrior mix
Demo: Is a form of DPS that uses bombs etc maybe have a move when low on health nearly dieing they could suicide bomb themselves and do a AOE move XD

Aliens I think would just want to spread themselves like normal and the quest givers would be Queens and Pretorians. When you amke your toon you choose and customise your class then you see a facehugger to it's job and you burst out in all the gory glory! so if you choose a dog Xeno you'd see a dog get facehuged etc. Instead of useing gear like normal races you'd mutate yourself to upgrade like mutate stronger claws etc

Classes
Drone: can be melee DPS or ranged, Useing class and acid spit. maybe other projectiles? Spines?
Warroir: can be a tank or DPS but is sololy Melee so like a fury warrior for dps etc
Dog alien: Fast scout type unit maybe could choose to be stealth aswell. DPS maybe heals?
Predalien: Allout tank class. Better than warrior for tanking, Stronger but slower.
Clucthmother: heals dunno how that would work maybe spits at players to heal them? Could throw facehuggers at foe to stun them.

All aliens would have acid blood that does damage in close combat and all can use their 2nd mouth.

Predators. You'd start off as a youngblood and slowly go up ranks, hunting bigger prey etc. All classes could use stealth but Alien and human plays can find them useing smell for Xenos and Scanners for humans so it's not unfair. Maybe have that race war that is going on in that new Predator movie? with the "super" ones and normal ones.

Hunter (Looks like the one in the first Predator movie): Is DPS, manly Melee class can use a few high tec weps but prefers to use basic weps.
Warrior ( think 2nd movie one): can be melee dps,ranged dps or tank prefers to use high tech wpes than basic weps
Soothsayer: is heals can choose to use herbs etc to heal or high tech meds
Beserker: Big bulky tank basicly :lol:
Tracker: a rouger mixed with a hunter uses those hunting dog things

Those are my ideas for MMOs what are yours? Be civil about things here no going "aww thats poopies"
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: Franchises that would make good MMOs

Unread post by Sarantha »

Harry Potter. Just because. I would love to go through the whole sorting process, going to magic classes, interacting with other folks in a higher "grade" than you, etc. When you level up, you would move on to a different year, but doing so would take a long time of "grinding" but in a fun way, like going to magic classes, learning spells, just playing around in the "World of Harry Potter". And when you graduate, Ministry of Magic jobs, etc could be part of it. Fighting Dark Wizards and various other Harry Potter enemies, upholding the wizarding secret, etc. You'd be penalized for using magic in front of "Muggles", like fined a certain amount of gold or given time in Azkaban (slight exp loss). I just think it would be fun. There'd have to be a lot of bugs worked out, but I think it would be awesome. I adore the world of Harry Potter and think it would make a great MMO, especially Hogwarts.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Love the AvP idea. Iunno many things that would make good MMOs. Probably the only thing I could think of is Chronicles of Narnia *dodges food thrown at me*, but I haven't watched the movies/read the books in a while to remind myself of what the classes could be -_-
Ooh, or the walking dead :lol:

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Not sure it would make a good MMO, but I would love to run around in the world of China Mieville's Bas-Lag novels.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love the idea of a huge Pokemon MMO, traveling the globe to seek out Pokemon and battle other trainers you come across. I'm pretty excited we're getting a bit of a minigame like that in WoW, but a full-fledged Pokemon MMO (and a good one) would be fantastic. :)

Another series I think would be astounding if done correctly is A Song of Ice and Fire (or a Game of Thrones if you're only familiar with the recent TV adaptation). The entire world is so developed and has much history, I would love to make my way through it as an MMO.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:A series I think would be astounding if done correctly is A Song of Ice and Fire (or a Game of Thrones if you're only familiar with the recent TV adaptation). The entire world is so developed and has much history, I would love to make my way through it as an MMO.
I love this idea too! It certainly has enough angst-y faction leaders, yes? :) I've just gotten so used to MMOs with multiple race choices, I wasn't sure everyone would want to play human.
Vephriel

I was thinking instead of race choices they could have families (Stark, Targaryen, Lannister, etc). Each one has its own area and culture that it could make for a nice variety of 'starting' areas and such. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vephriel wrote:I love the idea of a huge Pokemon MMO, traveling the globe to seek out Pokemon and battle other trainers you come across. I'm pretty excited we're getting a bit of a minigame like that in WoW, but a full-fledged Pokemon MMO (and a good one) would be fantastic. :)
I'd play that if they kept the graphics like the games :lol: I don't like 3d pokemons XD
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Vephriel wrote:I was thinking instead of race choices they could have families (Stark, Targaryen, Lannister, etc). Each one has its own area and culture that it could make for a nice variety of 'starting' areas and such. :)
They'd have to mess with SoIaF lore a bit. Daenerys is technically the last Targaryen and there's, so far, a set number of Lannister family members. Unless you're meaning like, "family loyalty". Where you're part of Stark's army, Lannister's army, Dany's army, etc. That would be really cool. Of course, I'd want to follow whatever army Tyrion is leading. He's by far the best character in the entire series. Even more awesome that he's played by Peter Dinklage in the TV version, who plays him amazingly well. He's so snarky and sarcastic. :lol:
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:I was thinking instead of race choices they could have families (Stark, Targaryen, Lannister, etc). Each one has its own area and culture that it could make for a nice variety of 'starting' areas and such. :)
Yes! I'm rolling Dornish!
Vephriel

*nod* I realize that lorewise there wouldn't be infinite family members or anything, but there could be some lore tweaking in that aspect for the sake of building a game. Just random ideas I was thinking while pondering on the subject. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Vephriel wrote:*nod* I realize that lorewise there wouldn't be infinite family members or anything, but there could be some lore tweaking in that aspect for the sake of building a game. Just random ideas I was thinking while pondering on the subject. :)
Thats what this threads for! :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I had an idea for the factions in my AvP idea. Civil wars but unlike other mmos the races can't get quests from each other just work in PvP and dungeons. I mean Xenomorphs can't really talk to humans :lol:

So that the humans & Predators don't get killed by their Xenomorph allys they have pheromone sprays that make them smell like one the the hive BUT only the hive they are allyed with so other hives can still attack them etc

So for the "good" guys are:

The Army
A natural Hive
Tradisinal Predators

And the "bad" guys are:

Weyland/Yutani
A lab hive (W/Y breeds them in a lab from a captured Queen and feeds them hosts)
The "super" predators (they don't follow tradistions as seen in Predators they kill rather than hunt)

So in reality it will be 6 fractions rather than 2. This is very differnt than 90% of MMOs but it could work very well :lol:

I even have a idea for a beginer quest fro the Xenos you have to collect a host for another egg.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Megaman MMORPG would be freakin awesome. Just wanted to say that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Whoohoo, I'm a thread necromancer! :mrgreen:

The absolute best franchise to be run as an MMO is.... SHADOWRUN

Playing a runner means to slowly rise in street reputation (Level ups!), earn more money, being able to afford better equipment, contacts to even have access to better equipment and getting better at what you do (Skliis!).

You're not running around to collect quests, nope, your contacts will contact you with contracts for runs, be it solo or group runs.
You could make PvP a run Team VS Team, so there is, for example, a person to get out of a building without killing him, but there are two groups trying to achieve exactly the same goal!
No more worries why you would team up with complete strangers! You've all been hired and as pros, working together is a question of style.
You could even add something like a wanted list, where Lone Star is looking for the top ten runners.

If there ever was a franchise designed absolute perfectly to be done as an MMORPG, it Shadowrun.

And, best of all, you have different races (human, elf, dwarf, orc, troll) and technology (weapons, hacking devices, cyberspace and cyberware) as well as magic (magicians, shamans, spirits).
Different classes like street samurai, KI adepts, magicians, shamans, riggers, deckers and all you want because YOU decide where you put your skills.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just...POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classes could be the trainer types (trainer, bug catcher, Ace trainer, etc) with each one providing different perks.
Pokebattles could be similar to how pet battles work in WoW (but bigger!!) with encounters being random and similar to how a "spawned mob" appears out of no-where in wow, with some pokemon also being visible in the "over-world"
Each "expansion" could be each "world" of the games (Kento, Johto, Hoen, etc)
Legendaries, shinies, etc.
Could have a storyline about defeating the evil organization of the region, with solo and team scenario's

So many ideas and possibilities!!!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?