Skylanders: Spyro's adventure- Crazily enough I like it XP

Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Skylanders: Spyro's adventure- Crazily enough I like it XP

Unread post by Furiku »

So I don't know how many of you have even heard of the game. If you haven't basically it's a game where you take toys and put them on a device, then from said device they are transported into the game and you level them up there and defeat the evil forces of Kaos/Hector. (The big bad depends on the game, Kaos for console Hector for 3ds.) The console versions are more of an adventure game while the 3ds is more of a platformer. Spyro the dragon isn't quite a huge character in this game despite the title, he's just one of...33? or so possible characters you can use. Despite that the games are really well done and the figures for the game...oh they are amazing.

I've personally played the Wii version all the way through, and I'm pretty sure all the console versions are the same in storyline, and though the game is aimed towards a younger demographic it's still great for those of us who are older.

I will admit though, if you ever want to 100% one of the games or collect all the figures it's going to get expensive sadly. Honestly though I think the game and the quality of the figures are also quite worth it. ( I will admit I'm surprised they didn't make a cartoon series out of it...I can see so many opportunities for a good series from just where the wii version left off.)

So, have any of you heard of the game/played it/ thought about playing it? I know it's had a lot of bad reactions due to Spyro's new look in the game but hey! You don't have to play as Spyro, so it's not like it's that bad.

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: Skylanders: Spyro's adventure- Crazily enough I like it

Unread post by meepitco »

I've heard of the game, but I honestly don't like the way it's being put out. Buying little toys to even PLAY the game? Not the best thing for a clumsy spyro fan for me. The game seems interesting enough, but I honestly wont play it.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Being an old Spyro fan... Yeah I don't like it. I didn't mind the Legend of Spyro series, but I found they canceled a Spyro movie for this. It's not Spyros new look that has me disliking it. It's the concept of having to buy little toys just to play new characters. The game itself may be fun, but as Meepitco stated above it's the way it's being put out that turned me off.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'll be honest, one of the main reasons I don't want to play it is because Spyro was changed so much. Where's the sweet, innocent, brave dragon we used to know? This Spyro is a little terror! (I love how Spyro has developed over the years, I just really dislike this newest change. >.>)

…On the topic of the little toys, I admit I'm not thrilled with that either. Why not just buy the game? It just smells of a moneymaking scheme and I really dislike the idea.
Last edited by Lupis on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

I only played the very first game as a kid
and from what iv'e heard spyro just isn't the same anymore XD
so yeah no idea personally
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

:nods to Lupis:
And my biggest question is, WHERE THE -BLEEP- IS SPARX? Excuse my language, but seriously! And even though I didn't like the previous spyro game for xbox, where's Cinder too!

Tumblr is here.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wait, there's no Sparx? And no Cinder? But, but I love Cinder! And Sparx was so obnoxious that I loved him! *raygeface*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

From what I've seen, no Cinder, No sparx, just a bunch of random characters D:

Tumblr is here.

Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Furiku »

Cinder is one of the characters you can get, I just don't know if she's released yet. And Sparx is supposed to be part of an expansion pack that is coming out later I think, though I might be wrong.

And yeah, I can see where you guys are coming from about not wanting to play it. I guess I'm just a sucker for nicely made stuff and having more then a game cartridge I can lose easily. (And do constantly.>>) I haven't played any Spyro games in years, so I guess for me Skylanders is just a way to remember my childhood 'cause I constantly see Spyro lol.

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Personally, I don't think Crash Bandicoot or Spyro have been any good since Naughty Dog and Insomniac sold their respective game's rights. I mean, just look at Uncharted (Naughty Dog) and Ratchet&Clank/Resistance (Insomniac), those games are absolutely amazing, as well as the original Crash and Spyro games, it's really a shame the companies sold the rights, even if they didn't plan on making more, they just set up a series of not-as-good games.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael