SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Unread post by Silivren »

cowmuflage wrote:Talking about Twi'leks I just found a guy who makes wonderfull custom lego ones. I might get some! Theres about 12 colours and styles. The red one <3

Thats Darth Talon! <3 Shes my favorite. :)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I started reading the comic where she first showed up in today she's pretty cool.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ooooh, that's awesome!

I have a question for you folks that are playing SW:TOR - did they seriously give Jedi Knights only ONE romance option (well, two, but one is male-only and one is female-only)? I read that they plan on making same-sex relationships in the future, but I just want to know if they have any plans to make currently non-romanceable companions romanceable. The reason I ask is because Sergeant Rusk would be awesome for my Jedi Knight, but instead I can only woo Dr. Fuzzystache (or at least, that's what I've read). No thanks. :| It bothers me enough that I'm actually thinking of playing a Smuggler instead since I like Corso.

Edit: ROFL, Sergeant RUSK, not Husk.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Most of the classes only have one romance option (one for males and one for females), and sadly, most of the female player characters can only romance male humans. :( I really, really wanted to romance Gault on my bounty hunter so I'm hoping they'll open up more later on down the line.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, that sucks. I guess I can either play a smuggler since I like Corso so far, or stick with my JK and just see what happens down the road. :|

(Darn giant mustache...and strange dirty goggle outline...)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Try a female sage; we get three male options. ;)

Theran is a jackass, though. -_-

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Consulars get THREE? How is that fair? :cry:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sith Warriors (males specifically) get two female options for romanceables. I'm hoping they'll add more romance options in the game since I imagine that they're just testing the waters right now. They still haven't said exactly what our legacy stuff will do yet (or I'm just bad at reading) so maybe that can potentially open up more options too. :)

Good to know that about Sage's though, Kalli, since I have one I'll eventually get around to leveling (I play Empire mains).

If you're interested, here's a list of the JK companions (and from there you can find the companions and romanceables for the other classes :)): http://www.torhead.com/npcs/companion/eq/5/and

Oh! Also worth mentioning that you can get companion customizations that change the way you look; so maybe there's an option for Doc that looks better than his default.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

A lot of it is his looks, yes, but it's also what I've read about his personality. Maybe I'll have to talk to him to see how I really feel, but it sounds like he's a pig. But yeah, I'll see what customization options they have for him. I didn't think of that before! :hug:

Kalliope

Rhyela wrote:Consulars get THREE? How is that fair? :cry:
Three of the five companions are human, which is kind of boring. So there's that!

YouTube Edition

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Welp, it's official, I'm a loser. I'm gonna play my smuggler until they release more companions, at which point I'll pick Lana'wen back up. I'm a huge fan of Bioware's romance side-stories so the fact that I can only choose a human for my Twi'lek really bothers me. Really, REALLY bothers me. I'm lame. :( I know I shouldn't care, but.....oh well.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I know it sounds mean but can you cheat on your lover? Most games with romance don't let you (infact I can't think of one that does) but hey It could make things fun I mean get a funky love triangle or square going on!
I mean It's not nice to do in RL but hey its a game not RL!

I mean if I was a bounty hunter I'd cheat at poker so might as well cheat at love! :lol:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

You can't really cheat, but you can try to romance two women (if applicable to your class/gender) or two men until they eventually make you choose between them. I've even heard that after you get married you can start up a romance with the companion you said no to until you have to choose again. Something like that; I haven't experienced any of it first hand.

[/center]
Kalliope

Rhyela wrote:Welp, it's official, I'm a loser. I'm gonna play my smuggler until they release more companions, at which point I'll pick Lana'wen back up. I'm a huge fan of Bioware's romance side-stories so the fact that I can only choose a human for my Twi'lek really bothers me. Really, REALLY bothers me. I'm lame. :( I know I shouldn't care, but.....oh well.
Ahhh, should roll sage; one of our companions is a male lek.

YouTube Edition

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I don't even know why I'm asking, but could anyone by any chance send me screenshots of "Doc's" alt appearances? I'm just curious, I guess.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I don't know what level your JK is, but in case someone can't provide pics of him, you can just take him to any companion customization vendor (or the security key vendor if you have a security key (authenticator)) and then ctrl+right click his customization options, open to the companion pane, and try them on. I'm not sure where those vendors are on the Republic side, but I know you can track them through the track vendors feature on the map. :)

Just putting that out there in case no one has any screenshots.

[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm only level 23, so I don't have him yet. It's okay, I'm going to just wait. Even if there are better appearance options for him, I've heard that he's a sleaze. Not the type of person my Jedi would like. It's all good, I'll play her again someday.

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

on my Sith Warrior I made it a duty of mine to pick the (Flirt) option every time that I see that its available. Vette basically called me a "man whore" in Star Wars lingo at one point when I seduced this older sith lady.

I think the quote was something like

Vette: "Ick, so you're just a 'land your ship in any spaceport' kind of guy?"
Me: "Yes, Yes I am"

i laughed when he said that as a response. Hilarious.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My man does a lot of flirting with random women when he gets the option on his warrior too. XD My bounty hunter doesn't flirt so much because even watching her flirt with Torian is nothing but a giggle fest for me because it looks so awkward, and she never gets flirt conversation options anyway. My female IA will flirt whenever she gets the chance if it'll help her through a situation (like light side points within the first 2-3 quests in Hutta!!), and my male Inquisitor thinks very highly of himself and will be a "ladies man." :lol: He is the head of Clan Vega after all; someone's got to take care of all those women. xD

[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I missed my sentinel too much, and picked her back up. The smuggler is okay, but it just wasn't as fun to me. Maybe it's because I haven't gotten a lot of scoundrel skills, so right now I feel like a one-armed gunslinger instead of a scoundrel. But yeah, my husband and I were watching Clone Wars today and Asohka (Ahsoka?) was dual-wielding light sabers, and they were the same colors as my sentinel's. I was like, "Alright, I'm playing her again." :lol: I'll just not worry about the companion thing and play what's fun. :)