SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Unread post by Kalliope »

Royi wrote:If you're a Twilek Sith Inquisitor, your skin color actually will change the more and more "dark" you become.

One of my guildies was a bit upset about this change since they liked the color they originally picked (i told them to play nice and it would fix it)
There's also some sort of thing you can buy or use or something that will hide the scarring and such. I've heard it's buggy, though, and needs to be reactivated.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Or theres a hide sith corruption button you can use xD Its underneath the hide helm slot option. ^.^! And Cow, perhaps but some are humanoid races and just have slightly different skin tones etc, but human looks different. Shes just a human but with her sith corruption she has orange eyes and a semi-ashy/dark complexion. Its really cool actually.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I was talking about the race human in the Starwars lore. They come from many differnt planets ya think they would change but they don't XD and no I'm not taling about humanoid races then things like Twi'leks and Wookies would count XD Read it Here they only come in the colours of earth humans and I've allways found that to be odd.

To clear things up more I'm tlaking about human race not humanoid races cos 90% of the races in Starwars are humanoid. XD

EDIT: and I'm not dissing them at all it proberly came off like I was but I'm not :D
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, it's official - I'm the biggest loser in the world. I was really starting to dislike my character, so I re-made her. I'm finally happy with her, though. Phew. I hate dragging my husband and brother along, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for a game if I don't like my character. That's just silly.

I do this in every game (Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect, Skyrim, just to name a few). I make and re-make my characters ten, fifteen, twenty times. It's like clothes, I have to try a few on to find one that fits me just right. :?
Attachments
Screenshot_2011-12-27_22_41_24_271164.jpg
Screenshot_2011-12-27_22_41_24_271164.jpg (367.38 KiB) Viewed 2267 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Rhyela wrote:Well, it's official - I'm the biggest loser in the world. I was really starting to dislike my character, so I re-made her. I'm finally happy with her, though. Phew. I hate dragging my husband and brother along, but at the same time, I don't want to pay for a game if I don't like my character. That's just silly.

I do this in every game (Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect, Skyrim, just to name a few). I make and re-make my characters ten, fifteen, twenty times. It's like clothes, I have to try a few on to find one that fits me just right. :?
No mate your not a loser! if your not happy with it your proberly never going to be unless you change it. You should see how many times I redraw those WoW animal babies I do (and should start up again) I wish I could do that with my characters! I've only delete 1 WoW toon before XD

More props to you mate! Glad your now happy :D
Kalliope

Woo green! :D

I went with the lighter one myself. ^_^ I like this one on you. :)

YouTube Edition

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yes, this one suits me much better. I thought about the lighter green one, but I liked the richness of the darker colors. It's a shame the only red we get on the Republic side is that orangish-pinkish-red. The Empire has a really deep red, and it's pretty.

I don't think I could ever play a Sith though. They just seem so horribly evil. Maybe if I knew their story, I'd have more sympathy. But from what I can tell, they're just a bunch of douchebags. :lol: I don't know much about lore at all, though, so it could just be that I don't know enough about them to make an accurate judgement.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Rhyela wrote:Yes, this one suits me much better. I thought about the lighter green one, but I liked the richness of the darker colors. It's a shame the only red we get on the Republic side is that orangish-pinkish-red. The Empire has a really deep red, and it's pretty.

I don't think I could ever play a Sith though. They just seem so horribly evil. Maybe if I knew their story, I'd have more sympathy. But from what I can tell, they're just a bunch of douchebags. :lol: I don't know much about lore at all, though, so it could just be that I don't know enough about them to make an accurate judgement.

From my view point of the whole Star Wars Mytho's the Dark siders didn't start out truely evil. A lot of our opionins on them come off from the view points of the jedi, who believe to deny human nature for passion and emtions to power our use though the force. Where as the Dark siders embrace those emtions embrace being the flawed creatures they are and use that to their advantage to try and achieve prefection though the force.

Each side believes the other is evil due to the simple "from a certian point of view" statement that obi wan uses. I believe it was in the novel I, Jedi that they found a sith group that wasn't evil. They just believed differently on how best to achieve being one with the force. It's just that emtions they embrace seem to lead to corruption more often or not. Or they just have really bad recuritment.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

There history states other wise they seem pretty evil heck even the dark jedi before them seem quite bad.

But of cousre the power of the dark side corrupts it allways does. No sith/dark jedi are immune to the corruption the more you use it the more it happens.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I remember in the KOTOR games a lot of outsiders viewed the Jedi and the Sith as two warring factions, with neither being trusted more than the other.

The movies and whatnot view Sith as being "bad" ~ but its a different viewpoint on how a society would be run. You can draw up 100's of parrallels I think to the Sith and the Soviet Union and the Jedi to that of the US. I'm pretty certain people would say that US isn't free of faults either.

People in Russia view Communism much differently than people in America. I wouldn't call the Soviet Union as "evil" by any means, it was just different governmental priorities
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kalliope

Royi wrote:The movies and whatnot view Sith as being "bad" ~ but its a different viewpoint on how a society would be run.
This is blurred a bit in the prequels, since Anakin's fall to the dark side starts out somewhat reasonable before the blind hate takes over and it becomes "pure bad." The best evidence is the political discussion between him and Padme in Episode II, where he points out the pros of a dictatorship compared to democracy. Given, it's not a terribly well-thought argument on his part (one system being faster than the other), but it is an argument based on a viewpoint attempting to do good rather than evil.

That's essentially the whole basis for dark side Republic and light side Imperial - you're trying to uphold your political beliefs in a different way than the norm. Dark side Republic means being more practical and hard-hearted than the average Republic fighter and light side Imperial means showing more compassion than the average Imperial.

It gets murky when you consider that, in the end, neither side is very tolerant of the other's way of doing things, but on an individual basis, you can believe what you want.

YouTube Edition

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

EDIT:Wait sorry I was talking about the empire XD nevermind what I wrote below but it should still be a good read!

The Galactic Empire is more closer to that of WW2 germany than russia. With Palpatine being Hitler. They share many of the same things. There was a very good doco about Starwars on the history channel a few days back here and the paralels are very similar to that of WW2 germany. I mean they are both very xenophobic you don't see aliens in the empire well not working directly. Lucas was very good at doing that I mean Stormtoopers? No women or aliens in that not intill WAY after Palpatines death.
They both started out doing good for their countrys but ended up doing bad. Palpatine was voted and given all changeing power just like Hitler.

Personally I'd view the US as the sith and the Jedi as the russians. The US tends to be the more "evil" country they just hide it under "being helpful".

It's quire fun to have these talks. Shows how deep these things go story wise XD
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

This has been a great dicussion so far. I think everyone has given really great points but this is just something that will probly never be settled until Lucas says "this is how things are" and if that day comes you know half of us will hate it the other half will have mis feelings. But that is what great about not knowing that each us can believe what we want too though our point of view.

With Anikin what I think the biggest saying that fits him is "the Road to Damnation if paved with good intentions." He was trying to do everything right trying to save the woman he loves and the childern on the way. He just at the end he saw where he dropped down and said "what have I done", he kneew what he did was wrong but he knew that if he tired to stop the Emporer he would die too and he couldn't protect padmae.

I still believe in it's purest form the Sith code is good but it's a harder path to walk then the light side becuase of all the temptation of all those emtions you embrace that can lead you to use your power for evil. If you use your passion to protect those you love and for the good of others are you truely evil?
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yes you can be truely evil and do that as it depend on HOW you protect those you love and for the good of others. Locking your loved ones up in a dungeon is protecting the ones you love. It's just as nice as killing the ones trying to hurt them.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:Yes you can be truely evil and do that as it depend on HOW you protect those you love and for the good of others. Locking your loved ones up in a dungeon is protecting the ones you love. It's just as nice as killing the ones trying to hurt them.

Well yes I mean there are actions that will take you to the evil side. But the over all concept of fighting with your passion rather then repressing it.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

That's true but hey if you want to be a goody two shoes thats what jedis are for XD Most dark side users are not the "helping others" types.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:That's true but hey if you want to be a goody two shoes thats what jedis are for XD Most dark side users are not the "helping others" types.

Nope but I'm sure that the orginal message of the dark side has warped and twisted like many things in different religions have to justify what one person in power is using.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Very interesting! I admit that I'm not too crazy about the whole "you no can haz love because it's evil" thing the Jedi teach. But I guess it's not like they spring it on you, you know going in what's expected and required of you. Still, I think if two Jedi were strong enough, they'd realize that even if their loved one dies, they go to the Living Force. That's my take on it anyway.

That being said, I have no idea whether I'll pursue a relationship or not. I like being a good example of what a Jedi should be, but at the same time, I am a passionate woman IRL. :P

Kalliope

Rhyela wrote:Very interesting! I admit that I'm not too crazy about the whole "you no can haz love because it's evil" thing the Jedi teach.
Those are the only dark side points I have on my main. ;) I prefer Luke's structure to that of the old Council.

YouTube Edition

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Kalliope wrote:
Rhyela wrote:Very interesting! I admit that I'm not too crazy about the whole "you no can haz love because it's evil" thing the Jedi teach.
Those are the only dark side points I have on my main. ;) I prefer Luke's structure to that of the old Council.
And what was that? I don't know much of anything outside of what happened in the movies. :lol: