SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Unread post by cowmuflage »

What I remmber is that Jedi could marry and have families and masters could have multiple apprentices. I think that's it. Or I'm thinking of something else but I know Luke's structure is differnt to the old one.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

cowmuflage wrote:What I remmber is that Jedi could marry and have families and masters could have multiple apprentices. I think that's it. Or I'm thinking of something else but I know Luke's structure is differnt to the old one.
*nod* This. Plus, his code is less rigid/formal:
Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
Simple and somehow humbler.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ah, I see. I like that, too!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

cowmuflage wrote:What I remmber is that Jedi could marry and have families and masters could have multiple apprentices. I think that's it. Or I'm thinking of something else but I know Luke's structure is differnt to the old one.
Yeah but then again Luke was the only jedi capable of teaching and if they went though and only allowed one per he could have only one appertince at a time and it would take a very long time to rebuild the order. Though if you look far back enough with reading of the Tales of the Jedi Comics it was the same luke has it in the books. Ulic Quel-Dorma's master has many students at once same with Exar Kun's and Namio Sunriders husband was a jedi and they had a kid together. It would be neat to know when the jedi went so hard core.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

They are all set in the Old Republic era before the KOTOR games. If I remmber right they are the earlyest set Starwars storys so I don't think tehres that much lore set earlyer than them. ANit they set in the Great Sith War? Thats pretty far back in time XD
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:They are all set in the Old Republic era before the KOTOR games. If I remmber right they are the earlyest set Starwars storys so I don't think tehres that much lore set earlyer than them. ANit they set in the Great Sith War? Thats pretty far back in time XD
Their set about a thousand years or so after the first Sith War with Naga Shado attacking what would later become the Empress theta system. Though I read next year they are comeing out with comics about the founding of the jedi order.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

The entire known story of Star Wars spans dozens of comics, movies, and games, doesn't it? I'd like to really get into the lore and learn about it, but I wouldn't even know where to begin and it'd probably take years to figure it all out. :lol: I do think it's really interesting, there's just SO MUCH of it.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

www.wookiepedia.org

I get lost in there quite frequently
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kalliope

It's good to know which "canon" has been overwritten too. There was a lot of stuff written before the prequels that got penciled out. Boba Fett's backstory, for example. ;)

Look up Mara Jade for sure. :)

YouTube Edition

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kalliope wrote:It's good to know which "canon" has been overwritten too. There was a lot of stuff written before the prequels that got penciled out. Boba Fett's backstory, for example. ;)

Look up Mara Jade for sure. :)

Mara Jade is an excellent character. Well created and thought of, though I think that's in part to Tim Zahn and his novels about thrawn. The only novels I suggest staying away from is the Black Fleet Crisis, I can't remember who wrote them but they were horrible. They had Luke and Leia's mother be some super powered alien chick that had force like ablities. Then again other then that it wasn't an over all that bad of a story line.

Another really good book or person to look up is I, Jedi, it gave such a great indepth look into the training of a jedi and how to build a light saber and showed some really cool force ablities.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

If your into games try out the Jedi knight series of games they are very good. Dark forces is the first and theres no jedi in ti at all XD I got the bundle on steam for like $10 US :lol: thats 5 games and a expack. Really good or just try Jedi knight 2: Jedi outcast it's the best of them all. The empire's trying to make sith out of technology and stuff.

The clonewars cartoons are good. (hurhur funny I'd bring cartoons up XD) The 3d movies a bit meh but it's basicly a pilot eppisode for the tv show. Bith the 2D and 3D ones are very good and well made. :D

Mara Jade shes Lukes wife right?
Kalliope

Yep. ^_^ I personally read the Zahn trilogy, then the duology, and I, Jedi....and I don't feel like I've missed much with the rest. ;) Although I did enjoy the Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina/Jabba's Palace books.

YouTube Edition

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kalliope wrote:Yep. ^_^ I personally read the Zahn trilogy, then the duology, and I, Jedi....and I don't feel like I've missed much with the rest. ;) Although I did enjoy the Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina/Jabba's Palace books.
another great book by Zahn is the Suviror's Quest where Luke and Mara go out and find what remained of the outbound project. It was a great read -taps the book.- one of the few books my family didn't give away on me. I really miss my collection I had almost all of them I enjoyed the courtship of Princess Leia great as well.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:If your into games try out the Jedi knight series of games they are very good. Dark forces is the first and theres no jedi in ti at all XD I got the bundle on steam for like $10 US :lol: thats 5 games and a expack. Really good or just try Jedi knight 2: Jedi outcast it's the best of them all. The empire's trying to make sith out of technology and stuff.

The clonewars cartoons are good. (hurhur funny I'd bring cartoons up XD) The 3d movies a bit meh but it's basicly a pilot eppisode for the tv show. Bith the 2D and 3D ones are very good and well made. :D

Mara Jade shes Lukes wife right?

Yes Mara ends up becomeing Luke's wife, which is great considering she started out wanting nothing more then to kill him.

I enjoy the clone wars cartoons I really like Ashoka Tano, she is a really great addition I just have this feeling when they end the series it'll be her death rather then have some time later Luke going to some out of the way rim world meeting this old woman who says "you Look like a man I once knew a good man at heart."

and for games the most I played was the tie fighter series one for super nes and then STar Wars Rebellion for the pc. I miss that game it was great RTS.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Oh my, so many suggestions! :lol: What would be a good one to start with? The I, Jedi one?

Kalliope

The Thrawn trilogy (the aforementioned Zahn trilogy), IMO. He's a great character and you'll get a good idea of why the Chiss are a TOR race. :)

YouTube Edition

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Rhyela wrote:Oh my, so many suggestions! :lol: What would be a good one to start with? The I, Jedi one?

Theres an order to the books depends on when in time you want to start at, here's a great site with a good list for the order
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books

You can go from there and and figure out where you want tos tart to read.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Holy monkey nards, that's a CRAP-LOAD of books!!! :O

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Rhyela wrote:Holy monkey nards, that's a CRAP-LOAD of books!!! :O

Yes it is but I suggest starting with the ones after Return of the Jedi, they have some of the best tories involed with them.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Talking about Twi'leks I just found a guy who makes wonderfull custom lego ones. I might get some! Theres about 12 colours and styles. The red one <3