SWTOR .............

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: SWTOR .............

Unread post by Rhyela »

I really need to make myself get back into KotOR. I played the first one for about fifteen hours or so, but the combat drove me insane (miss miss miss miss glance miss miss 4! miss miss miss). The graphics weren't the prettiest either, now that we have them there fancy XBOX 360s and such, but that's not that big of a deal to me. That and the rancor in the sewers or tunnels or whatever turned me off a bit. I died so many times, trying everything I could think of, until my husband told me to just lay mines all over the place. :lol: It did actually work.

It's just that I've heard what a great series it is, although I also hear that KotOR 2 was buggy as all get-out, so I feel that I need to play it to experience it. It's just making myself make it through the first bit until you find out you're a jedi or however the story goes. I hear it gets better from there.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I heard all sorts of bad things about KOTOR 2's unfinished state, but even without the restored content, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Things definitely get better in both games once you hit the Jedi stage - the plateau seemed longer in the first one, so I hear you.

Definitely worth sticking it out. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I just recently resubbed to SWTOR and now I can't stop playing x.x my newly made Sith Juggenaut is 36 and is pursuing Quinn :P
I'm on The Shadowlands server and if you want to connect in game toss me a pm and I'll list the toons I mainly play.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I may re-sub here soon. I need to finish Mass Effect 3 first though, then I've had a hankering for playing through Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 again. But maybe after that! :lol: No matter how "bad" the game is, I am a sucker for Bioware games. :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

KOTOR2 had some cool additions, but a lack of compelling story and a horrible ending of simply only-text reading was annoying as all can be. I think they simply made KOTOR too good, in a way that a sequel could never live up to the original. That and the fact that the publisher or owner of the game forced Obsidian to release the game 6 months ahead of time. Nowadays it could have just been fixed with a few DLC patches, but boy howdy there sure was some lag in that game. (I really hated how you spent time building up your companions into Jedi / Sith as well, then to find out the whole last leg of the game you're by yourself and that one stupid G0-T0 robot.

SWTOR is incredibly annoying with some of the things they "locked off". Only 5 Medical Probes is stupid, just extend the cooldown a bit longer. Also I think Emergency Fleet Pass is limited as well. They did increase character slots up to 6 due to complaints, I hope perhaps they would consider making at least Preferred Players not have such limitations.

I wish I could just have the full game and switch to 'offline'. Play it like KOTOR 3 that way then. If I'm playing super late at night I'm by myself mostly. I was surprised though to see 120 other Republic players on Balmorra at once last night during the more peak times. Offline free mode (if you bought the game) would be super cool, just to experience the stories.

One thing that they have to be making some money on is those stupid Cartel Packs. They're fun to blow some free Cartel Coins on, but I could see how some addictive personalities might end up spending $40-50 to grab a bunch of those packs. Its nothing different than buying those $25.00 mounts from Blizzard though. You do get 500 "free" coins each month you subscribe.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Nefretiti

Yeah the limitations they put in are kinda stupid, Personally I'd think its easier albeit not cheaper just to resub if you have an account.
I used some of those "Free" subscriber coins to unlock pureblood sith so I can play one as a jedi. :lol: the male consular voice sounds a tad goofy coming from that race but
the reactions I'm getting are amusing but then again I'm easily amused.

With so many people crowded on the servers these days you just do best in ignoring general chat these days , morons from WoW and other games seems to have migrated there.
Smartass comments and Jawa this that and the other jokes galore Wheee! personally I just play alone, run my own race.

Kalliope

KOTOR 2's story is what got me, actually - that and the character development. Unfortunately, things did fall apart at the end due to the rushed ending, but I can see the potential there (plus the restored ending somewhat helps). I simply like the Exile more than Revan. :) The real tragedy is that KOTOR 2 could have lived up to KOTOR, but it never got the chance. :(

YouTube Edition

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Kalliope wrote:KOTOR 2's story is what got me, actually - that and the character development. Unfortunately, things did fall apart at the end due to the rushed ending, but I can see the potential there (plus the restored ending somewhat helps). I simply like the Exile more than Revan. :) The real tragedy is that KOTOR 2 could have lived up to KOTOR, but it never got the chance. :(
Somewhat restored ending??? (Was that PC only?) KOTOR's twist was such a huge OMFG moment for me, completely blindsided me, was awesome. No big twist for KOTOR 2, I never really trusted Kreia in the first place. (for me at least).

I really did have a gamer crush on Visas though. Chick was wicked cool. Too bad I didnt like any of the mask options for Miraluka's in SWTOR. Really wanted to play that class.
Last edited by Royi on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalliope

YouTube Edition

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

oh cool, what was there that was added? Just extended ending?
Kalliope

Royi wrote:
oh cool, what was there that was added? Just extended ending?
Extended ending and a lot of cut bits and pieces from throughout the game. There's a full list on that page, actually.

.o0(Mmmm, bonus Atton content.)

YouTube Edition

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, I've renewed my sub. I'm not sure how long I'll play, but for now I'm actually excited to get back into it. Now I'm kind of irritated with myself for spending 300 cartel coins that I could have spent on something like a pet or new outfit, but oh well. I got another 500 right off the bat for signing back up. :)

Nefretiti

What server? let me know if you wanna connect in the game :)

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Actually.....I don't even know. :lol: I think I remember reading somewhere that they transferred people to some new servers and I never looked to see which one I'm on. :P

My husband wants to play with me again now. Yay! I had an imperial agent I was playing, and he had a bounty hunter. Asano is my solo character, so it'll be nice to have something to play with the hubby, too.

I know I took a pic of Asano tonight, but it wasn't in the Screenshots folder for some reason. I did, however, find an old one that I had forgotten about that I really, really like. Unfortunately there's some chat in the corner, but oh well (perhaps I'll make a thread for pics).

Attachments
Asano Capturing Spirit.jpg
Asano Capturing Spirit.jpg (67.99 KiB) Viewed 3136 times

Nefretiti

Well let me know, if you want to connect that is.
I'm on The Shadowlands myself

Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Now that it's 2013, I'd like to see if anyone's view on the game has changed? I log in from time to time, but that's about it. Never built up the strength to carry another alt to lvl 50. So I log in on my trooper do a run or two and log out for a week or so. (Good things its f2p)
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I think for me, most MMOs these days are going to be brief adventures. A month or two in this game, a month or two in that game. I can't seem to stick with one for any length of time like I did with WoW, for years and years. There are things about certain MMOs that I like, and certain things that I don't like. I was deeply engrossed in GW2 for a while, but then SWTOR started to pull me back. Thankfully, GW2 is free, so I don't feel obligated to play it.

Like I mentioned above, I just renewed my sub. A few quality-of-life things have been added that I notice here and there, such as sorting your inventory and hiding your companions' head slot (with a sub, of course). For me, the game must be played with a sub because otherwise, there are just too many things I'd miss. Some people may not care about those little things.

The gameplay itself is still much the same. It's mostly story-driven, but that's just fine with me. That's actually one of the reasons I came back. GW2 was starting to feel too.....quiet. I mean, GW2 has its voiced quests, I guess there was just a bit of a gap or something; that and I like being able to make choices as to what I want to say. The girl in me missed the romance storylines, too. :P

I'm sure that in time, SWTOR will get boring again, at which point I'll cancel my sub and flit over to something else for a little while. But, for the time being, it's satisfying a craving for choice-driven story. :)

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Well I got bored again. I got hooked on a old passion of mine: Suikoden

Currently have a open Suikoden 2, 3, and 5 game open that I'm working on.

Its nice without having pressure of keeping up with quests or dailies or time left on your bonus XP. No rush
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Dragon Age: Origins here! :lol: I've got a good 40+ hours in it and have only done two of the treaty quests.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Heleos wrote:Now that it's 2013, I'd like to see if anyone's view on the game has changed? I log in from time to time, but that's about it. Never built up the strength to carry another alt to lvl 50. So I log in on my trooper do a run or two and log out for a week or so. (Good things its f2p)
Its fun to dink around for a hour here or there a couple times a month. I think that's about it though unfortunately for me. Cartel Packs are kind of fun to open if you have extra Cartel Coins. I do like my story plot line, I'm just not motivated to continue on during the more "dull sections".

It just doesn't have the community capabilities that WOW has I think. There aren't as many things to do as well when you hit end game I believe besides raids. I'm not a big fan of the dungeons, I thought they were going to be much more like the first 1 on each side (forgot the names, but where you had a bunch of dialogue options). But later on mid teens / 20's the dungeon just has a basic "press this button to kill innocent people / let them live" option that is too black and white.