SWTOR .............

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: SWTOR .............

Unread post by Royi »

Rhy have you tried leveling up free-to-play? (or anyone else for that matter)

After my sub ran out I just cant find myself compelled to hop back in without subbing for another month. I have a couple 25% exp boosts still, just curious if it would impact my gameplay to the point of annoyance
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

FTP is pretty limited, two crew skill slots, unable to use companion customizations, needing to buy various unlocks like cargo bay, legacy name etc. but for a casual player I suppose it's sufficient.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Nefretiti wrote:FTP is pretty limited, two crew skill slots, unable to use companion customizations, needing to buy various unlocks like cargo bay, legacy name etc. but for a casual player I suppose it's sufficient.
I don't really care about those things (you have a cargo bay if you're preferred), mainly just the lower leveling exp
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I can't play an MMO without all the comforts, I'm too spoiled. :D I'm not done with it or anything, but the game's frozen up on me twice lately. I don't know if it's the particular instance I was in, because that's the first time it's happened and both times it was the same SI quest instance, or if it's my computer. :|

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vlcan
Realm: Multiple

Unread post by Vlcan »

Starting Friday March 15th, all players will be able to log in to The Old Republic™ and receive twice the amount of XP every weekend until April 8, 2013. Don’t worry if you’ve already hit Level 50. Your Legacy XP will double too! Log in during the following weekends to earn Double XP:

•March 15, 2013 at 1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM GMT to March 18, 2013 at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT
•March 22, 2013 at 1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM GMT to March 25, 2013 at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT
•March 29, 2013 at 1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM GMT to April 1, 2013 at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT
•April 5, 2013 at 1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM to April 8, 2013 at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT

Just letting folks know because I hate when I miss double xp weekends in any game I am playing.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Also, if you have any xp boosts from cartel packs, these will work in addition to the double xp weekend, giving you even more!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Ok, just started playing again.

Played a little bit on my Jedi Knight which is pretty fun, but mainly I'm enjoying this new Bounty Hunter I created. They have a lot of fun abilities and I don't have to worry about cover (like with a smuggler). Storyline seems interesting too, and I like how you get a healer for the first companion and you get a Jawa towards the end too.

Having a lot of fun again. I did a couple tests before I resubbed (I somehow got 2 months worth of subscription for 1 payment but thats another story).

Quest reward for preferred player was approx 81-82% of the reward for a Sub

Elite kill for preferred player was approx 95% of the exp for a Sub (very close)

Normal kill for preferred player was approx 66% of the exp for a Sub

But yeah, if you grind with a 25% boost, you're basically on par (just minus the rest exp option)
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeah! I really like the game, too. I think it's fun. I know it's not like ZOMGTHEBESTMMOEVER or anything like that, but I can usually play through one character's story before getting bored and wanting to move on to another game. I tend to come back to it every three or four months. :) Glad someone else is enjoying it, though! A bounty hunter is at the top of my list for the next character I want to play. I've got her name and appearance and all that picked out already, as well. :D

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

So I decided to try this again and play F2P and it's is fun I'm playing a Bounty hunter whos one of dem Darth Mual dudes because red skin <3 Also Empire because playing a abd guy is the ebst in Starwars games imo

But holy fucking shit is the community a toxic elitist shit pile towards F2P people. I have not had this much hate throwen at me in a game ever and I'm only level 2!
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's odd, I don't recall experiencing any scathing hatred towards F2P people. But then, I'm usually not in chat, either. XD Maybe it's just the server you're on?