Guild Wars 2

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Guild Wars 2

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Another game I've not played in a extremely long time. I haven't bought the expansion yet because I think the last time I played was 6-8 months ago. Maybe I should dust it off.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm so confused - I thought GW2 was always F2P??? All you had to pay for was the Black Lion stuff. Or am I getting my games confused??? D:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela wrote:I'm so confused - I thought GW2 was always F2P??? All you had to pay for was the Black Lion stuff. Or am I getting my games confused??? D:
It's always been free to play (as in no continuous subscription) but still required that you purchase the base game. Now you don't even have to do that, you can just download it completely for free from the sounds of things. :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

GW2 is what's called a Buy to Play game; ie, as Vephriel said, you buy the base game and then all of the content is free to play whenever you wish. They have a really nice microtransaction system, I think, too for buying in game stuff.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:GW2 is what's called a Buy to Play game; ie, as Vephriel said, you buy the base game and then all of the content is free to play whenever you wish. They have a really nice microtransaction system, I think, too for buying in game stuff.
They used to be buy to play, but recently they went completely free. You can download, install, and play the base game without purchase now. :)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ohhhh. Nice!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:GW2 is what's called a Buy to Play game; ie, as Vephriel said, you buy the base game and then all of the content is free to play whenever you wish. They have a really nice microtransaction system, I think, too for buying in game stuff.
They used to be buy to play, but recently they went completely free. You can download, install, and play the base game without purchase now. :)
I apparently missed this post, but I just saw this the other day on FB (seems to be just for the base game not the new expansion). Pretty neat that they did that. I know they didn't maintain the player base they had hoped.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Questions for Guildwars 2 free to play:

What are the restrictions from the free to play game? E.g. can i use the AH (very important) can i trade with my husband.. etc

Can you play the game all the way through without having to pvp or grp with other ppl?

How do you see which homeworld you picked ? (My husband wants to join me :) )

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/9598 ... e-Core-HoT

There's a list of restrictions based on account type. Apparently, you can't send items or gold through the mail, At the Trading Post/AH you "Can buy and sell items from a selected list." You have starter maps only until character reaches level 10. Which I think means the starting areas.

As far as I know, PvP is a completely optional thing. You only have to PvP if you want to. (If this has changed, I'm not sure but I don't think so..) And I believe it's all instanced?

All the races have a different starting area. If you pick separate races, you'd have to level to 10 and find each other that way.

Here's a list.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Starting_area

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I dont know what many of those things on the list means :P ;)

What is Revenant Profession, Masteries, WvW ? :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

Professions is basically 'classes' I guess, like you can chose ranger, thief, etc. Revenant was added in the expansion so it's not playable unless the expansion is purchased.

Masteries is also unavailable if you had not bought the expansion also. they are I *think* similar to talent tree in wow?? I didn't buy the expac, haven't read up on masteries, so I could *probably am* be wrong - And I think its for level 80s only, but like I said I didn't buy

WvW is world vs world, like pvp. Also instanced, not open-world

Sorry if my attempt to explain sucks :c

If someone else sees this and I'm wrong with the expansion stuff pls feel free to correct and also smack me : )

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hehe i actually understood what you said. So i can make stuff just not Revenant proffesion.. Roger. I cant trade with my husband but other than that and the chat part which i dont borther with anyway we are good to go? :D

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

I'd say yeah~ If you try it out I hope you have fun c:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The no trade with each other is maybe a deal breaker for us... we like to make stuff for each other and help each other out. .
Also the lack off space i can imagine would be a problem. .

Well we will see

Yup husband decided against it :D but i like the game so im gonna try to play it solo :lol:

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

You can mail stuff to each other tho. But yeah, the lack of space can kinda suck. It's probably why I horde so much on my actual toons than in the bank, heh.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Free accounts cant mail items ;) but you DO have a bank?

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ah, didn't realize you were on a free account, heh. I had bought the game like 3 years ago, so didn't think of that. The bank is account wide, so all your toons access the same bank. Materials (like wood, ore, herbs, etc) go into a separate spacing area in the bank, so they don't take up bank slots.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My ranger Anadra Tieriel. I made her starter armor whiteish and now she is wearing a hideous brown thing :P

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Haven't found any dyes yet? Luckily dyes are account wide in the game now. You can get some off the TP pretty cheap (I have no idea if you can access it or not with a free account tho).
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Managed to finally get internet to my place and got GW2 downloaded to my desktop. I can run this game on high for the first time since I bought it ages and ages ago. :lol: Redid a few of my characters; I love the boost to level 20 that a couple of my old ones got for being... old. xD I play over on Tarnished Coast as part of the Black Wolf Company so if you see any of my characters around feel free to wave. :)

Remade my necro to this handsome bastard; Rivarr Ashenfang.

Rivarr's sister, Nala Ashenfang, thief.

Bippsi and Calypsi, the asura twins; warrior and engineer, respectively.
ImageImage

Arella Starkhowl, my awesome norn ranger (and one of my oldies).

Selina Vasco, human guardian.

And Mikael Ravoncrest, elementalist and debonair noble.

[/center]