Guild Wars 2

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Guild Wars 2

Unread post by Lupis »

So far, I'm enjoying my Charr storylines the most, but Norn comes second. The Asura ones (at level 16 mind you!) haven't blown me away, as they somehow don't strike me as super engaging. But the Charr ones, wow, I love them!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm am insanely addicted to the charr. xD Although, like with Lupis, my norn guardian is a close second. I personally also like the sylvari storylines and probably find the human and asuran lines to be the least engaging, for me, even though I utterly love the way asura look and talk. :lol:

The charr have an incredibly fascinating culture and they're easily probably my favorite race. :3

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I cant play at the moment because my graphics card cant handle it.. At least I dont think so, I should probably try! Charr and Norn are EASILY my favorite's and Asura are a close third. If you ever roll a Norn definately go with the option that you "Got drunk and passed out at the moot." or something like that. It was absolutely hysterical as all get it AND it ties Norn and Charr together.

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I'm curious, would someone be able to explain the "jist" of the Char storyline without giving anything away?
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

It really depends on your legion, but there's a lot of betrayal and tense, do-or-die combat, as well as a lot of proving your character's strength and honor. It all seems pretty dire and important, so I'm racing from quest to quest instead of just kind of ignoring them as I do on my Asura.

It's all up to the player, though. I like the darker Charr quests, but I can easily see the Asura appealing more to some people.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Silivren

LupisDarkmoon wrote:It really depends on your legion, but there's a lot of betrayal and tense, do-or-die combat, as well as a lot of proving your character's strength and honor. It all seems pretty dire and important, so I'm racing from quest to quest instead of just kind of ignoring them as I do on my Asura.
Thats pretty much it, it's a very militaristic background and as Lupis said theres much competing between Legions. The charr are essentially a giant army/war tribe.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Honestly, visiting each race on the wiki is a good way to get a feel for how the races' storylines might play out (though I've heard once you hit a certain level it kinda stops anyway). Lupis pretty much hit the nail on the head with the gist of the charr storylines, granted that each legion has its own variances (which is why I have 3 charr, one in each legion xD). It's all *very* militaristic and anyone who's too different is looked down upon. Spellcasters are seen in a shady light (usually), and if you don't have a rank/warband/legion, you may as well be dead. It's all very tense, very dark, and very strict and just drew me right in.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Silivren

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Honestly, visiting each race on the wiki is a good way to get a feel for how the races' storylines might play out (though I've heard once you hit a certain level it kinda stops anyway). Lupis pretty much hit the nail on the head with the gist of the charr storylines, granted that each legion has its own variances (which is why I have 3 charr, one in each legion xD). It's all *very* militaristic and anyone who's too different is looked down upon. Spellcasters are seen in a shady light (usually), and if you don't have a rank/warband/legion, you may as well be dead. It's all very tense, very dark, and very strict and just drew me right in.
What I LOVE is how you can see the three Legions butting heads because they all have different idea's and strengths that sometimes dont mesh well with the others. It's truly hard to pick my favorite Legion.. I literally cant, I love them ALL. :lol:

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Doctress wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Honestly, visiting each race on the wiki is a good way to get a feel for how the races' storylines might play out (though I've heard once you hit a certain level it kinda stops anyway). Lupis pretty much hit the nail on the head with the gist of the charr storylines, granted that each legion has its own variances (which is why I have 3 charr, one in each legion xD). It's all *very* militaristic and anyone who's too different is looked down upon. Spellcasters are seen in a shady light (usually), and if you don't have a rank/warband/legion, you may as well be dead. It's all very tense, very dark, and very strict and just drew me right in.
What I LOVE is how you can see the three Legions butting heads because they all have different idea's and strengths that sometimes dont mesh well with the others. It's truly hard to pick my favorite Legion.. I literally cant, I love them ALL. :lol:
This, I love how the legions "work together". They obviously all need the other legions to exist, after all. There could be no Blood Legion without the covering fire and weaponry of the Iron Legion, or the tactical killings of the Ash Legion. But Ash can't be sneaky without covering fire from Blood or Iron, and Iron can do nothing if the enemy is up close, so Blood needs to take action, and they need Ash to kill those that can't be shot. But it doesn't mean that they all can't hate each other!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Charr have the most serious storyline in the game. Most races have that one goofy storyline choice (or more than one) to pick but charr don't have that. Well, you can choose Dinky as your best friend which I guess counts as that goofy story choice. One thing I found is that the charr storyline flows well between your choices. It's a natural flow from your legion story to finding out about your sire to picking your order, which ties back to an old warband mate from the first quest at level one. Other races can have this problem where your last storyline ends and when you start the next one it feels very disjointed from your last quest. NPCs that you meet before might not even remember you or important NPC/events are never mentioned again. Charr don't have this problem, so it's one of my favorites.

Although with the charr storyline their isn't much emotion, but with how the race is I'll cut them some slack. There will be a lot of deaths and your character simply doesn't react to them. However, that's a problem I have with the personal story in general. Deaths happen a lot and your character will just be like "oh well, poor so-and-so, on to the next adventure!" Only once I've seen one of my characters react so emotionally to a tragic event, and it was my asura when his childhood invention was stolen and all copies of the blueprints where reduced to ash. He had just about given up all hope.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Silivren

Wassa wrote:Charr have the most serious storyline in the game. Most races have that one goofy storyline choice (or more than one) to pick but charr don't have that. Well, you can choose Dinky as your best friend which I guess counts as that goofy story choice. One thing I found is that the charr storyline flows well between your choices. It's a natural flow from your legion story to finding out about your sire to picking your order, which ties back to an old warband mate from the first quest at level one. Other races can have this problem where your last storyline ends and when you start the next one it feels very disjointed from your last quest. NPCs that you meet before might not even remember you or important NPC/events are never mentioned again. Charr don't have this problem, so it's one of my favorites.

Although with the charr storyline their isn't much emotion, but with how the race is I'll cut them some slack. There will be a lot of deaths and your character simply doesn't react to them. However, that's a problem I have with the personal story in general. Deaths happen a lot and your character will just be like "oh well, poor so-and-so, on to the next adventure!" Only once I've seen one of my characters react so emotionally to a tragic event, and it was my asura when his childhood invention was stolen and all copies of the blueprints where reduced to ash. He had just about given up all hope.
I have a human that was raised on the streets and a choice I made caused her best friend to die. She was PISSED her voice turned venomous and she was seriously frothing mad. I loved that emotion though and to be honest felt it right along with her.. I had a special spot for her friend. :(

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Doctress wrote:I have a human that was raised on the streets and a choice I made caused her best friend to die. She was PISSED her voice turned venomous and she was seriously frothing mad. I loved that emotion though and to be honest felt it right along with her.. I had a special spot for her friend. :(
Oh. Looks like I should have chosen that choice. My short lived human character was also raised in the streets but I chose to save my friend. We then found out hundreds of townspeople died and my character hardly cared. =/

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Silivren

Wassa wrote:
Doctress wrote:I have a human that was raised on the streets and a choice I made caused her best friend to die. She was PISSED her voice turned venomous and she was seriously frothing mad. I loved that emotion though and to be honest felt it right along with her.. I had a special spot for her friend. :(
Oh. Looks like I should have chosen that choice. My short lived human character was also raised in the streets but I chose to save my friend. We then found out hundreds of townspeople died and my character hardly cared. =/
Aye when you save them, your friend is brutally murdered and you only hear how from gossiping townsfolk. It really affected my character and she sought to get revenge. I was shocked that he died to be honest.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

Right now Guild Wars 2 digital is 20 bucks off, digital is 25 off

(39.99)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

[/center]
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

HAH I seriously just watched that before checking this thread. My friend stumbled upon it accidentally yesterday and thought his game was hacked.

Fun stuff
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I just saw a Charr wearing the armor set that made her tail/arms turn into magma and light on fire.
Holy crap. I'm in love.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

The attempted meeting of Destiny's Edge nearly had me on the floor laughing. That was priceless. I want endless recordings of Rytlock and Logan arguing. I know it's technically sad because their guild is broken and hope is lost and all that, but their rivalries are hilarious.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Those of you looking for a free trial of GW2, be sure to look for free game codes from gaming websites in the link below. The free trial will be for this weekend only.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/try- ... ril-19-21/

Sucks that players can't give free game codes to friends like the last free trial weekend. I got a few friends that would love to try out the game. I'm sure Anet is doing it this way to hopefully reduce the lag and disconnects they had last time they did this.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Eh I hit another MMO wall burnout again. Though I still enjoy GW2, I dont have that knee-jerk need to HAVE to only play it since I'm spending a monthly fee.

Brightside, I can pick this game up in a month or so and play without having to shelve out $15.00. I love that freedom the most.