The Minecraft Thread

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

The Minecraft Thread

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Post anything Minecraft related :lol: and just have fun, share anything you want to build, cool mods/plugins, sightings, anything. Here is my post:

Me and my brother play Minecraft together, and as usual i'm doing my own thing in the forest, then my brother goes "WTF" and I turn around to see he has his camcorder running (hes in the same room as me :P) and ask him what he is doing, he points to the screen not a word (bear in mind we are both a bit of newbies but he knows more about the game) and I look into the fog to see nothing. Then I looked closer to see.. him. Herobrine, watching US. Moving around occasionally and to look up, blind eyes just watching us. I hop on Minecraft super fast and run to his location. I slowly approach him but he runs off into the fog, frantically I follow him but he disappeared in the fog. He stopped recording and we searched the area, all we saw was clipped trees set on fire from the base up. Starting a forest fire. Only to realize what Herobrine truly could do.

So just to confirm: There is a huge debate saying "Oh herobrine is a joke, aint real" and thats what I was saying until I made my personal encounter with Herobrine. Ever sense I always look into the distance to spot him if I can.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: The Minecraft Thread

Unread post by meepitco »

Minecraft WOO.
Ahem..
To recommend a good mod pack, Technic Pack. It's... It's awesome...
I dont have any screenies atm, but I will post some in the near future c:

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I have this game and want to play it more but I am super limited on what I can do in it. I have tried various "fix" solutions that I found online, but nothing has worked. When I leave my house to go explore I am fine for about 10-15 min but then I start to lag so badly I cannot play anymore. Restarting is only a temp fix and it acts up again, it's so frustrating I usually just give up. I just don't know what to do :(

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

@Rhapture
Download the mod Optifine. Allows HD textures, and increases speed in the game. Also, try turning graphics down. Like, Max FPS, and graphics down to Fast. Helps out a LOT.

Tumblr is here.

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

ok I will try that out...thanks for the tip!

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Chakori
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chakori »

If anyone is interested in starting a new game maybe I would suggest one of my newer worlds I made last night. The seed is: 4659506855158213839
You spawn near a village for those whom like them the couple of ways I've gone I've found 5 other villages and the chests have nice items in, also your near spawn is a swamp and snow domes. I'm yet to find a mass ocean which I really like plus so many natural caves!! With so much yummy ore! I've hardly played it and already got 18 diamond and ran into a mine shaft :c No dungons yet but I tend to avoid them anyways when mining c:
No strongholds yet! Which is sad since I've never found one before.
Also anyone with a andriod a nice app for you: Minecraft Canary, it is so simple to use <3 And has everything on there; workshop to see how to craft things, info on mobs and everything else in the game and you can even have a clock to show you how long till night/morning c: I love it since my laptop lags out when I open the internet >.<

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

For everyone who plays minecraft, 1.2 is out :3 New mob AIs, new mobs, and a brand new shiny biome :D (That you should NOT mix with Treecapiator with)

Tumblr is here.

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

(double post bleh)
Modpack update: Technic and Yogbox have merged :D meaning more super awesome fun.

Tumblr is here.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

So.. I was just casually exploring my latest Survival world, looking for villages and pyramids and the like. Third village I stumbled upon (well ok second, as the first one only had the Blacksmith's house) had every single villager inside a single house in the middle of the day.. So of course I had to have a look.

Turns out they had a visitor and they seemed to be really excited about him. Considering how neatly he was sitting at the table and how fond of him the villagers were, I didn't have the heart to attack him.
Attachments
2012-11-15_20.31.29_2.png
2012-11-15_20.31.29_2.png (116.53 KiB) Viewed 4257 times
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Lol! What is that? (I don't play minecraft)
ImageImage
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

It's a creeper - their only attack is blowing up right next to you. I love this texture pack for its creepers, they actually hold a piece of dynamite in their hands! XD
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Bahaha, I always thought creepers were these things:

So is that just a texture pack you got yourself or is that some sort of "updated" thing the game has now. o:
ImageImage
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Meggers wrote:Bahaha, I always thought creepers were these things:

So is that just a texture pack you got yourself or is that some sort of "updated" thing the game has now. o:
You're right, that's the normal skin they use - I'm just using a texture pack that changes the textures of everything in the game.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Aha. :D

One of my nephews has minecraft, (I feel old saying that ngl) I've been looking at it but I have a bazillion other games to play...so instead I got a map for L4D2 that has a minecraft theme to enjoy in the meantime.

Have you seen some of those crazy huge things people make? Like freakin deathwing etc.
ImageImage
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Meggers wrote:Aha. :D

One of my nephews has minecraft, (I feel old saying that ngl) I've been looking at it but I have a bazillion other games to play...so instead I got a map for L4D2 that has a minecraft theme to enjoy in the meantime.

Have you seen some of those crazy huge things people make? Like freakin deathwing etc.
Indeed I have, I have actually been working on Icecrown Citadel. It's been very tedious nor have I really have any true time to spend on it. But it's coming out well so far. I'll post pictures when it's finished :D

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Sounds awesome. Saw someone made the stark castle from game of thrones. All these crazy people with time!
ImageImage
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Been on this survival/pvp/rp sever for a while and it's really nice. Always a mod or 2 on, well maintained, almost never any lag. All the mods and the sever owner (he plays alot) are really nice and helpful. They deal with cheaters, griefers, and the like swiftly. The sever has a TeamSpeak sever as well (a mod or 2 is normally on that as well). They will also protect your home from griefers if you ask nicely.

You can be one of 4 different races with different perks, I'm an elf so mine are agility, take less fall damage and a little harder to hit and bow bonus damage I can also bind a spell to my bow either Powershot or Multishot (I like Multishot the best). The other races are Human, Dwarf, and Undead. Not sure what all the race's bonuses are Humans get a bonus to sward damage and spell they can bind to it and something else, not sure what (but everyone gets a combat spell and some passives). I know dwarves get a bonus to either ax or pickax damage and undead get night vision and other things.

You get bonuses as you use skills like higher mining gets you double what you mine (handy when mining gold and diamonds), digging or excavation as its called on the sever you randomly dig up glow dust, eggs, and other items. Fishing you can get enchanted armor and weapons. And for the Hunters at heart taming, making wolves and cats pets, wolves start with Gore that has a small chance for them to cause a bleed affect when they bite. Higher levels of that gives your pets a higher chance to Gore and perks like no fall damage, reduced damage fire/explosion as well, avoiding cacti and lava, my favorite is called Fast Food where wolves have a 50% chance of healing them selves while attacking, other things as well. I normally have around 10 wolves with me :D. Combat skill give you higher damage and other things, I think axes do exploding damage at some point.

When you get certain amounts of play time and points (for some ranks), mods give them out for being helpful and nice, or sometimes just because you weren't annoying :lol: , you earn ranks that come with new perks like /lock to lock chests and doors, /dis sheep lets you disguise yourself as a sheep, /home lets you warp to your home so you don't have to walk, and many others.

If you like to RP you can pretty much be anything (it's set in a midevilish fantasy time). So if you want to be a soldier, a bandit, an alchemist, a farmer, or anything in between is fine. For example I'm an elf Beastmaster, I mostly roam the forests with my wolves or chill at home tending to my animals. If I'm in town it's only because someone hired me to breed horses, I am known as the best breeder of horses on the sever (world) and the only known breeder of Mooshrooms.

So if you like the sound of this sever pop on and check it out. My Minecraft tag is RinTheMouse. If you decide to log on tell them Mouse made the sever sound great :lol: .

Sever website http://www.knightsandmerchants.org/home
Minecraft sever address mc.knightsandmerchants.org
TeamSpeak is the sever address and requires a password that I forget :oops: but you can just ask in game. :mrgreen:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm just going to leave this here for my fellow Dino loving Petopians.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/170 ... e-29-2013/

:3

Siggy under construction!

Koru#2654
Realm: Balnazzar (EU) and laughing skull (EU)

Unread post by Koru#2654 »

Auh minecraft, the game we all play with our wow time runs out :')
Je5hu4ver

Unread post by Je5hu4ver »

Golden wrote:So.. I was just casually exploring my latest Survival world, looking for villages and pyramids and the like. Third village I stumbled upon (well ok second, as the first one only had the Blacksmith's house) had every single villager inside a single house in the middle of the day.. So of course I had to have a look.

Turns out they had a visitor and they seemed to be really excited about him. Considering how neatly he was sitting at the table and how fond of him the villagers were, I didn't have the heart to attack him.

Wat is dat?

Is that a modded creeper?