Diablo III chatter

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Diablo III chatter

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Rhyela wrote:I finally, reluctantly, downloaded Diablo 3 last night and started playing it tonight. I just have so many other games I'm playing right now, I didn't want to start yet another one.

I am only level 10 (witch doctor), but so far it's pretty neat. I will say that I love that they made the female barbarian beefy and rawr. I get tired of seeing 110-pound female "warriors" with double-D chests wearing bikinis. The barbarian lady in this game looks like she could squash you with her thighs. I love it.
Yeah in the art book in the section about them they put it down in stone that they would not make her like that and yeah its good that they did not!
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Speaking of easter eggs, I didn't take a screenie but one of the randomly spawning dungeons i had in act 1 had a bunch of zombies named after devs. XD I'm curious if it changes who is in there each time.
ImageImage
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

There's tons of unquie mobs I've noticed named after GMs too, like Zarhym and Bashiok (and there's an achievement for hitting Bash with Rakanishu's spear lol).
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

sidenote, i'm still in act one, are you ever done killing zombies? i just get quite bored with them over and over and over again.

I want to fight pirates or demon pirates or something cool
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Royi wrote:sidenote, i'm still in act one, are you ever done killing zombies? i just get quite bored with them over and over and over again.

If you peek at the achievements you can see the mobs change from act to act.
ImageImage
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Meggers wrote:
Royi wrote:sidenote, i'm still in act one, are you ever done killing zombies? i just get quite bored with them over and over and over again.

If you peek at the achievements you can see the mobs change from act to act.
so no pirates then? :(
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Far as I know, there aren't any pirates (if I'm assuming what you're thinking of as pirates) in the Diablo universe.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Rhyela wrote:I finally, reluctantly, downloaded Diablo 3 last night and started playing it tonight. I just have so many other games I'm playing right now, I didn't want to start yet another one.

I am only level 10 (witch doctor), but so far it's pretty neat. I will say that I love that they made the female barbarian beefy and rawr. I get tired of seeing 110-pound female "warriors" with double-D chests wearing bikinis. The barbarian lady in this game looks like she could squash you with her thighs. I love it.
I know what you mean by so many games... I've got both FF13's, I'm playing WoW regularly, including beta, I have D3 (can't play yet though), I consistently play MW3 (I'm pretty good too, :mrgreen: ), I've got multiple accounts on Skyrim that I've been working on, and all that is on top of Highschool, sports, and hanging with my friends.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Don't get me started on whats in my steam library.
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I really should not of brought Morrowind a week before Diablo 3 came out. I do hardly any work now :lol:
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Nope its for hitting bashiok with it. c:
ImageImage
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Perhaps there is one for both?

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Not that I've seen. (I stare at the achievement list too much)

So annoyed, "The lyceum" and "villagers journal" are mysteriously not spawning for anyone. Some people have done 100+ runs of areas suspected of their spawns and nothing.

There's like a mass hunt going on....I'm honestly hoping its a bug. Because I don't want to have to search that many times for stuff. ;-;
ImageImage
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I give up for the night, Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. I need better gear but the prices in the AH are just stupid @ lvl 38. I'm taking a beating even on my barb. I think I will either go back to normal mode, or scale back a few acts and see if that helps. Doesn't help the AH is just stuck on stupid tonight, trying to get gear that increases my pickup radius of health globes. Anyone know a good area to farm for gold, and blues that I can sell to the Vendor for gold ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

The group I run with completed the staff to do the secret level tonight. I don't want to spoil anything but I will tell you I haven't laughed that hard in ages ;)

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I watched the Yogscast play through the secret level... Blizzard really outdid themselves on this game, and I haven't even gotten a chance to play yet... o.O

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Gimlion wrote:I watched the Yogscast play through the secret level... Blizzard really outdid themselves on this game, and I haven't even gotten a chance to play yet... o.O
Well the AH has very buggy the last day or so. I try to look for gems and it comes up with nothing,or even for trying to find stats on gear you know the AH has..Ugh. Starting to get bored of it really, I can only do the same quest over and over again. I'll see if I can make it out nightmare mode solo, and then see what the next step up is like.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Fri May 25, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm glad I changed classes when I did. I wasn't feeling it with the witch doctor, so I went with a demon hunter instead. She suits my play style much, much better. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

AdamSavage wrote:
Gimlion wrote:I watched the Yogscast play through the secret level... Blizzard really outdid themselves on this game, and I haven't even gotten a chance to play yet... o.O
Well the AH has very buggy the last day or so. I try to look for gems and it comes up with nothing,or even for trying to find stands on gear you know the AH has..Ugh. Starting to get bored of it really, I can only do the same quest over and over again. I'll see if I can make it out nightmare mode solo, and then see what the next step up is like.

Yeah they've been doing stuff with it, they were updating the breaking news. Have you tried joining public games or opening yours to the public?
ImageImage