Diablo III chatter

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Diablo III chatter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Meggers wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:
Gimlion wrote:I watched the Yogscast play through the secret level... Blizzard really outdid themselves on this game, and I haven't even gotten a chance to play yet... o.O

Well the AH has very buggy the last day or so. I try to look for gems and it comes up with nothing,or even for trying to find stands on gear you know the AH has..Ugh. Starting to get bored of it really, I can only do the same quest over and over again. I'll see if I can make it out nightmare mode solo, and then see what the next step up is like.

Yeah they've been doing stuff with it, they were updating the breaking news. Have you tried joining public games or opening yours to the public?

Yeah I might do that. I did make it to lvl 40 and moved some skills around which are helping, along with increasing the range that I can pick up health globes. That cold resistance is helping alot! I didn't know it didn't take much to make a noticeable difference.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Resistances are always huge when you get to hell/inferno. :D
ImageImage
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I tried to get to Diablo on nightmare and I had wiped to many times getting up to him. I had grouped up with my buddy, and that was a big mistake. However, I realized if I was having a hard time on nightmare then it's only going to get worse. So I've pretty much quit the game for now, I might go back to it in a month or two.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeah, Nightmare is pretty crazy (we just started it tonight), but I like it. :) Then again, we've only just completed Act I, so maybe I won't find it so fun near the end.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Hell makes my characters butt hurt. :(
ImageImage
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So I finished normal mode. The game feels too short to me, and I have no real inclination to try the harder modes. :(
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

I almost spat out my food, thanks slapper. :P
ImageImage
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

***SPOILERS******SPOILERS*****

BEEP BEEP WARNING SPOILERS!

Don't watch if you don't want to get spoiled...but these made me lol so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY Diablo 3 in 3 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSfI51rUXIA Honest game trailers
ImageImage
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Dear Mysterious Cave/Mysterious Chest/Liquid Rainbow,

F*** YOU! Well over 100 game resets, and still only one cave, and it didn't even have the chest... All I want to do is slay some ponies!!!

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Bringing this thread back up...

I started playing again recently, haven't been on in many many months...I do like all the changes they made. And with the current 50% buff to everyone, I've been able to actually get chars close to 60 now. Omg the ferrets on the DM are so cute! Call me Beast Master!
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

http://youtu.be/1S6QTHwYTLI

Omg this vid had me crying with laughter!
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I got it for free with the AP, but haven't played much. First, the comp I used tohave couldn't even install it, and then I was to busy in wow and irl. I just had a quick peek in, got just past the first boss and gave it up.

Over the weekend I've got my barbarian to 60, cashed in 15 paragon lvls and started my demon hunter. Oh, and I've also gathered almost all Whymsyshire items, just missing the gibbering stone right now - so I'm waiting for them to fix the drop, so I can take my Spinning Barbie onto her Ponyland Adventure :3 Will be Fun!

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I got my CE of the expack yesterday. Have not installed it yet going to wait for a few days because the first few days of a expack like this tend to be not that great XD
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I'm not gonna be buying the expansion... if only for the fact that I don't have the money to :P

But jesus christ can I just scream to the heavens how ridiculously overpowered Barbarians are?? Like I'm having a shitton of fun right now just totally decimating everything her weapons touch, it's amazing -- I haven't died once (though I've gotten close a few times, goddamn Freezing Elites).

As good as I've gotten with my Demon Hunter's lay-traps-and-run-like-a-bitch tactics, it feels nice to just run straight into a whole horde of enemies and just splatter them ten ways to sunday up the walls.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well check your difficulty too. Normal to me is really damn easy, even on brand spanking new toons (messing with the crusader now), so I put it on Hard for him, and it's about right now. My DH was mowing dudes down easily even tho I hadn't played in months, so I ended up putting it up to Torment I, and it's still not too bad (I'll probably raise it after I finish Act V).
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Oh I know, but god with the drops I'm getting (legendary 1-handed spear anyone?) along with basically being coated in rare drops as well, it's like whirlwinding through butter.

But I'm too much of a puss to bump the difficulty up, at least not until I roll through Diablo and rinse repeat Acts -- then I might take it up a notch xD

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Oh, whirlwind, ya eternal love of mine... And now you know why my Spinning Barbie is called so :)
I've picked that passive that turns your rage into something like focus, and the rune that makes you spin for less cost the more targets you hit with it, along with a few bonuses to rage gain on items, i think - and now my Barbie can spin almost non-stop. Oh the funz...
Elites with annoying highly-damaging mechanics? Just aoe-freeze the whole bunch with runed earthquake and spiii~iiin till they shatter! :3

I've started playing Demon Hunter alt, she's around 20 now, and I find her to be much better at single-target dammage, especially against bosses. Although for aoe-ing huge packs of small stuff there's nothing like a Spinning Barbie.

I've started a Crussie, too, but haven't even got her to the middle of the 1st act, and can't say much about her yet.

As for loot, it really annoys me how everything you get is tailored for your stats - especially weapons. My DH had to swap the templar for the thief, because every single 1h melee she got -and there were very few of them anyway - had agi on it, not a single point of str. At least for now - when she lvlups a bit, my barbie will get him one of her spare weaps.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Once your DH gets Chakrams, along with the the rune that tosses out twins, it becomes a looooooot more easier to cut through packs of mobs :P

Granted my DH is up at level 51, but she was running with;
Entangling Shot + Shock Collar
Chakram + Twin Chakrams
Caltrops + Jagged Spikes (or Torturous Ground, both work well tbh)
Companion + Bat (for extra hatred gen)
Fan of Knives + Fan of Daggers (just in case enemies get too close or I want to run into a pack and stun them all)
Cluster Arrow + Dazzling Arrow / Maelstrom (I switch between them, cause the stun from DA is nice, but so is the life regen from Mael)

and idk about followers, my DH has been running with her Templar for the entirety of the game pretty much -- he makes a nice tank to keep things off me + the life regen (I haven't tested his resource regen... I should) he gives is good too and I have him geared pretty nice... at least I think so :P

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm going to try out Chakrams, I haven't done that yet. Sounds kind of cool though.

I have been playing with the Templar the entirety of my games. I just love him. I am only level 53 right now but I love giving him new goodies lol. I don't think I could use another follower anymore.. I'm too attached to that darn Templar

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."