Dragon's Prophet

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Dragon's Prophet

Unread post by Congafury »

Dear Petopians, in case you are not enjoying the amazing world of Dragon's Prophet yet, I would like to point you to it! Remember discussing how much we would like to tame a dragon? There is a whone new free mmo for that :D Yay!

Europe: https://www.dragonspropheteurope.com/en/
America: https://www.dragonsprophetthegame.com/‎

I will update the thread with screenshots and more info, meanwhile, come join me (Conga) and Golden on EU server :D

The game is now in the open beta. And they've promised not to wipe out any progress :3
Don't panic!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Dragon's Prophet

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm going to wait till it's not in beta.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

oohhh, I want to give that game a try :3

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

graphics to pretty x.x would kill laptop
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The one big thing that erks me on this is it suffers from the one big thing so many MMO's nowadays suffer from and that is samey graphics. It's a big problem with mmos now, they all look so like each other!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh I want to try this!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

ehh, have the screen being the wrong size and hiding all the options issue. To tired to mess with screen resolution toggling atm. Maybe tomorrow, then will make my character (Ranger or course) and see if I like the controls for it :)

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

This takes a lot(and I do mean a lot) of your real money to just play this game. It is by free choice yes to spend free money but housing in stupid. you have to pay a ridiculous amount of gold for a plot. If you got the dragon pack with a free house you wont be able to use it because you need a plot. Did I metion there is a daily fee to keep your house too? It varys on different plot sizes.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dragons ... sane.2388/
https://forums.station.sony.com/dragons ... sane.2259/

If you farm gold in game it will take you 3 to 5 months without spending it on anything to get the house or you can use 500$ to get in game money to buy your plot but there is still the couple hundred to a 1000+ daily payments to even keep your house.

Then to unlock basic features you need to use SC. Which is Store Cash probably.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dragons ... ures.2197/

For example its going to take you 90 dollars to unlock your bank and 10,000sc cost 85$.

So before you go jumping into this game...look around in these forums before you even think about playing. I asked around and some people that have been playing since beta start have said that they don't see prices changing anytime soon.

Oh and one more thing. Its all for one character. So if you do some how get everything on this list and reroll on a different toon, you'll be doing it all over again. Nothing is shard on the account.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Those kinds of things is how f2p games get their money sadly :/
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

But if that's just for housing...and if someone's not interested in a house, then there really isn't an issue (for that person). If you like the game for the combat, dragons and other (free) aspects then its fine. It doesn't take any real money to play the game, only the purchasable aspects within the game. Games that are Free-to-play generally do have many real money aspects within them. But its always been a do you -need- the house/shiny armor or do you -want- the house/shiny armor?

That's how F2P games keep their games running.

~~~
~~~
~~~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Makoes wrote:But if that's just for housing...and if someone's not interested in a house, then there really isn't an issue (for that person). If you like the game for the combat, dragons and other (free) aspects then its fine. It doesn't take any real money to play the game, only the purchasable aspects within the game. Games that are Free-to-play generally do have many real money aspects within them. But its always been a do you -need- the house/shiny armor or do you -want- the house/shiny armor?

That's how F2P games keep their games running.

You have to pay real money to rez where you died too XD I saw it on Angryjoes video he did on it. That's a bit silly imo :lol:

But you can just rez at a gy too :lol:
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Was playing it for a bit, I find the controls to be somewhat awkward, keep firing when I mean to move...At least its not like Fable where I can hit villagers...else I'd be dead several times over by now, lol.

Lots of graphical issues, clipping and invisible/disappearing walls. I find it very hard not to be able to click-select my target as well.

As a free game I am not expecting miracles or making any demands of it, like any other game, free or not, it just has to entertain...Now to go find a dragon!

~~~
~~~
~~~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

It's still in beta right?
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Qinni »

Still have to pay real money to unlock basic things though. Bags and Bank...dragon stables etc...sure nice to have but I wish it was default.
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

well, another row of bags opens at lv 10, and 20.

The "stable" slots though...yeah, bugs me a bit. Only allowed 2 dragons without unlocking more slots. or pay the game currency to hold/train dragons at the trainers. Reminds me a bit of when hunters only had 3 pets.

~~~
~~~
~~~

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Do you have to train dragons at the trainers or can you do it yourself? Even paying for a few things isn't so bad since it seems most of the game is free and you're mostly paying for convinces.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Makoes wrote:The "stable" slots though...yeah, bugs me a bit. Only allowed 2 dragons without unlocking more slots. or pay the game currency to hold/train dragons at the trainers. Reminds me a bit of when hunters only had 3 pets.
Yep, that's the biggest downside for me. Even after unlocking all the slots allowing me to have six in Lair and another six on me (Founder's pack ftw), I'm left hoping for more. I've heard that there's a journal of some sort that keeps track of everything you've tamed in the past, but have yet to get around to finding it in-game. While it's not the same as keeping each individual dragon, I suppose it's better than what WoW Hunters had back when stables were limited to five, and even three before that.

MaximumOverdrive, I honestly don't entirely understand how the training works yet, but from what I've gathered, there's a couple of things you can do in the Lair:
- train an individual skill that your dragon knows to make said skill more powerful
- to have an existing dragon learn a new skill, you must have another dragon with the skill you're after, and put them both in field training together.. They have then a chance of learning a skill from each other, and you have no control over what skill gets picked. This seems to also have a limit of three sessions per day, even though each session takes maybe 10 seconds before you get to see the results.

As for training outside of the Lair, I don't think it's possible.

With all the downsides that this game has (the controls are a hassle, but I've sort of gotten used to them at this point), I'm having an insane amount of fun with it. My main just hit 33, and I'm anxiously waiting for the moment I hit 35-36 so I can go and have a shot at one of the level 35 rares.

And yep I'm rambling a bit, it's the middle of the night and the servers went down after a crapton of latency problems, so I'm sort of trying to avoid heading to bed.

--

Edit: I just noticed that you can get the increased Lair/Stable slots just by doing dailies in the game. Takes a lot of work, but at least there's a way around having to pay RL money. Sadly the same cannot be said for bag and bank slots at this time, but maybe those will be added in the future?
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I JUST GOT ONYX SMOKE
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I'm assuming that's a rare lol. Grats!
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

It's been a while since I've oogled at my rares here. XD

Midnight Shade
Image Image

Primal Star

Pale Radiance

Indigo Flare

Of those I haven't screenshotted yet, I've gotten Umbral Glare and Ebony Thorn. <3