WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Everquest 2
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:05 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Location: Sweden.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
Realm: Azol-Nerub
a "few" screnies before bedtime :D Rawr i hope you enjoy the game :D its soo complexed but fun :D

Rat fighting rat ;)... its a "little" bigger then me

my new "transmorg" gear.. i normally hide head gear but this is cute. Very monkish :D

monks can feign death.. this is how a ratongo looks when she is feign death

beast screenies :D - i wanna tame them all ;) specially the lizard though... :D .. not so much the bears.. for some reason bears has always been "bad" graphic in everquest ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:08 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: US - Ysera
Wow, those lizards are fantastic!

Signatures created by cowmuflage, Serenith, Vephriel, Bulletdance, pengupuff, TygerDarkstorm, Bhando and myself! (Floette avatar from Bulbapedia.)

Dragon Cave!

Slickrock wrote:
Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:20 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Location: Sweden.. Although most of the times i live in an imaginary world... much nicer then the real one
Lizards, elephants and crocodiles are my favorites. They are rendered sooo well :D

no screenies this time but some helpfull sites if you still considering to join Rhyela :D and remember just ask me anything :D

The mob system can be a little confusing this can help alittle :D
http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Consider

You can also catalog wildlife which are "hidden" quests. There are alot of "hidden" quest.... basiclly make sure you inspect if any books can be picked up and read, any items on the wall, ground, cealing etc.

luckily there is a list of the catalog quets where you learn more about wildlife. I love these quests

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Creature_Cataloging_Timeline

I always loved that you dont lvl fast and that your "forced" to look around your envorioment if you want the achivements for doing all quets :D

If you play on f2p you will NOT have acces to the aa point system which is a shame... Aa points is kinda like talents except they are earned by experience. I´m on a silver account and the aa xp bar is locked at 50 %. you need a gold account if you want to deside for your self. I have to say that they are an essential part of survival in the game.. here is a small summit of what they are

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Advancement

Also putting in a link to help with harvesting

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/a_harvester%27s_guide

and tradeskills

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tradeskilling

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Taking_up_a_Tradeskill

anything else just ask me.. again there is SOOO much to know about this game :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Qinni, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:36 am 

Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord
Ugh, I really want Beastmaster but $40 is too much. I could do $20 (maybe) but $40..... :| :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:40 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

its because its in the newest expansion :D You could always play a shaman.. they get an animal companion too... you cannot chose though.. but you cannot do that with beastlords either.. beastlords doenst works like hunters :D

edit wird i can see the website but when i link to it it doenst work but google eq2 beastlords pets and you should get it

trying another site

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Beastlord_%28EQ2_Subclass%29

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:50 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Area 52
Rhyela wrote:
That actually sounds like the type of game that I would love! I love building characters and taking time on things. I enjoy a challenge, I enjoy exploring and I love lore. Perhaps I will have to give it a try someday..... ;)

Wait till you see how they do crafting ;) And if you *really* want to have fun, take up Carpentry. Here's a list of what they do and screenshots of what they can make: Furniture

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:55 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

mmm carpentry are fun :D

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Decorating_Houses

http://eq2decorators.com/

and i would love to se the new dungeon tool too... but you need to be a paying customer in order to use it sadly

crafting is both very tidious and at the same time really gives you a sence of actually crafting :D I got a tailor, a provisioner and a carpenter.... :D and i love that you can have one high lvl char which can farm for your crafters so you can have a lvl 1 char which is a lvl 90 carpenter :D

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:45 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

a try to explain tradeskilling in an eazy way... the picutures here are bigger then normal so you can eazy see what i mean

Each tradeskills have their own special station. Anadra which is in these screenshots is a provisioner so her station is offcause a stove. When you craft stuff will happen on the stove.. the pots will be stirred in etc.

You have to "buff" your self while tradeskilling. There will appear debuffs which you have to counter with your buffs.

the 4 process linie will show you what you are making now.. what you make are depenging on your succes or failur to buff you self and counter the debuff.... if your not carefull you might fail to make anything at all and just end up by burning fuel.

You have 3 buffs which makes your green line better, 1 - 3, and 3 buffs which makes your speed faster 4 - 6. you HAVE to cast the right buff shown by an icon in order to counter a debuff.. if you cast a buff but its not the one shown you have to counter it counts as a failure

once you make the item succesfully you just rince and repeat if you want to make more... there goes 100 food to a stack so i only have to make the same recipy 50 times if i want to make a stack :P.. i normally just make 20 ;)

You can gain tradeskill lvl eventhough your adventure lvl is low.. Anadra is a lvl 6 warden but a lvl 20 provisioner.. you just need a higher char to collect the harvesting items you need :D

this was the simple explantion :) sometime you just want to pull your hair and wish for a create all wow tradeskill :P but at other times its quite fun

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 pm 

Realm: US - Ysera
It sounds a teeny bit like Aion's crafting. A teeny bit. Theirs, you really couldn't do anything about the success/fail, it was all chance. But theirs did still seem more in-depth than WoW's, so what you've explained makes sense. It sounds very involved, but rewarding at the same time. :D

Signatures created by cowmuflage, Serenith, Vephriel, Bulletdance, pengupuff, TygerDarkstorm, Bhando and myself! (Floette avatar from Bulbapedia.)

Dragon Cave!

Slickrock wrote:
Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:27 am 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

If you need a hand figuring out what the classes are about and what they do, this site might help you: http://www.eq2.freemmorpgguides.com/cat ... t-2-class/ I don't know how up to date it is, but it should at least give you a starting reference point. Personally, if you're going evil, I recommend Shadow Knight as a first class, they have really good survivability, tanking ability, and AoE damage.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wardens can be evil now too and they are really good for solo as well :D

Monks has invis and feign death ;)

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:01 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I forgot, here's a place where you can find what each class has in terms of class spells & abilities go: http://eq2.zam.com/db/abilitylist.html?1 And Tarny, I made a few toons on your server, a Shadow Knight (Sigrah), a Troubador (Jamfest), and a Conjurer (Drasilla) that can turn Necro.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:54 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Cool :D When im on im either on Vermina or Anadra. Vermina is my new main. I deleted all my other char tostart over again since its been like 3 years since i last played :)

I dont play everyday.. more like when i feel like it :D Im on a silver account so the game is f2p which is good cause then i dont feel forced to play :D

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:55 am 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vermina on safari :D <3

uhh nice lions

closer

to close... (look at that front leg.. what IS that lion trying to do? give me a paw highfive? :P )

a shot of the nice lizards during the daytime :D

Look at these spiders.. i love how they reflect the light - might be hard to see at the screenie but they are really pretty

Enjoying the sun set over the commonlands

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:00 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

mount thread! - i meet a few more mounts on my journeys in everquest

I swear someone must have consulted Vephriel for making this horse

Other cool mounts ive meet :D

this one is my favorite so fare... must get a pegasus! It wings look like seraph wings....:P no i dont got flight rising on the brain :lol: :lol:

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:14 pm 

Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.
Ugh this looks fun but I'm not sure on the graphics or the game play still. I'm almost somewhat uncomfortable in new games because I don't know how everything works. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:16 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

it is HUGE fun.. but also complicated.. as in not as eazy as wow :) there are a trillion and one things to do and secret quest which you have to buy from vendors or find on the floor...

I generally love it :D if you got question about it just ask :D played everqest 1 since 1999 :P and everqest 2 since 2004

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm 

Tårnfalk wrote:
it is HUGE fun.. but also complicated.. as in not as eazy as wow :) there are a trillion and one things to do and secret quest which you have to buy from vendors or find on the floor...

I generally love it :D if you got question about it just ask :D played everqest 1 since 1999 :P and everqest 2 since 2004

How easy is it to level? How's the class system work? I guess also how limited are you on FTP? That's one of the things I hate about FTP games you're sooo limited.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 pm 
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

you are quite limited on f2p. You cannot get ability points which is a huge part of the game. You cannot put items for sale on the broker but the main downsite is that you cannot get aa points..

I play on a silver account so i got more movement then f2p startes (bronze account)

its not eazy to lvl.. you cannot get to max lvl fast like wow... there is no dungeon or raid finder.. all grpings have to be found socially... and alot of dungeons you cannot do solo until the mobs are grey and then they dont yield any drops..

and with out aa i doubt you could get very fare.... maybe doing green and light blue quest... but once you hit the 40´s and 50´s you need those aa

Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:23 pm 

Tårnfalk wrote:
you are quite limited on f2p. You cannot get ability points which is a huge part of the game. You cannot put items for sale on the broker but the main downsite is that you cannot get aa points..

I play on a silver account so i got more movement then f2p startes (bronze account)

its not eazy to lvl.. you cannot get to max lvl fast like wow... there is no dungeon or raid finder.. all grpings have to be found socially... and alot of dungeons you cannot do solo until the mobs are grey and then they dont yield any drops..

and with out aa i doubt you could get very fare.... maybe doing green and light blue quest... but once you hit the 40´s and 50´s you need those aa

What's an aa point and does a silver account cost stuff?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next