Everquest 2

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Re: Everquest 2

Unread post by Sigrah »

If you need a hand figuring out what the classes are about and what they do, this site might help you: http://www.eq2.freemmorpgguides.com/cat ... t-2-class/ I don't know how up to date it is, but it should at least give you a starting reference point. Personally, if you're going evil, I recommend Shadow Knight as a first class, they have really good survivability, tanking ability, and AoE damage.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wardens can be evil now too and they are really good for solo as well :D

Monks has invis and feign death ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

I forgot, here's a place where you can find what each class has in terms of class spells & abilities go: http://eq2.zam.com/db/abilitylist.html?1 And Tarny, I made a few toons on your server, a Shadow Knight (Sigrah), a Troubador (Jamfest), and a Conjurer (Drasilla) that can turn Necro.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Cool :D When im on im either on Vermina or Anadra. Vermina is my new main. I deleted all my other char tostart over again since its been like 3 years since i last played :)

I dont play everyday.. more like when i feel like it :D Im on a silver account so the game is f2p which is good cause then i dont feel forced to play :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Ugh this looks fun but I'm not sure on the graphics or the game play still. I'm almost somewhat uncomfortable in new games because I don't know how everything works. :lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

it is HUGE fun.. but also complicated.. as in not as eazy as wow :) there are a trillion and one things to do and secret quest which you have to buy from vendors or find on the floor...

I generally love it :D if you got question about it just ask :D played everqest 1 since 1999 :P and everqest 2 since 2004

Silivren

Tårnfalk wrote:it is HUGE fun.. but also complicated.. as in not as eazy as wow :) there are a trillion and one things to do and secret quest which you have to buy from vendors or find on the floor...

I generally love it :D if you got question about it just ask :D played everqest 1 since 1999 :P and everqest 2 since 2004
How easy is it to level? How's the class system work? I guess also how limited are you on FTP? That's one of the things I hate about FTP games you're sooo limited.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

you are quite limited on f2p. You cannot get ability points which is a huge part of the game. You cannot put items for sale on the broker but the main downsite is that you cannot get aa points..

I play on a silver account so i got more movement then f2p startes (bronze account)

its not eazy to lvl.. you cannot get to max lvl fast like wow... there is no dungeon or raid finder.. all grpings have to be found socially... and alot of dungeons you cannot do solo until the mobs are grey and then they dont yield any drops..

and with out aa i doubt you could get very fare.... maybe doing green and light blue quest... but once you hit the 40´s and 50´s you need those aa

Silivren

Tårnfalk wrote:you are quite limited on f2p. You cannot get ability points which is a huge part of the game. You cannot put items for sale on the broker but the main downsite is that you cannot get aa points..

I play on a silver account so i got more movement then f2p startes (bronze account)

its not eazy to lvl.. you cannot get to max lvl fast like wow... there is no dungeon or raid finder.. all grpings have to be found socially... and alot of dungeons you cannot do solo until the mobs are grey and then they dont yield any drops..

and with out aa i doubt you could get very fare.... maybe doing green and light blue quest... but once you hit the 40´s and 50´s you need those aa
What's an aa point and does a silver account cost stuff?

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Those are just some of the things you need to know before you start paying for the game :D

i got no idea what a silver account cost.. i think i have one cause 3 years ago i payed for alot of expansion and used to pay each month to play. I think to have a silver account you have to atleast pay for a whole month but not sure..

the links beneath are really helpfull but just a fracture of the game :D its huge and you NEVER run out of things to do.. its not just raids at high lvl
Tårnfalk wrote:Lizards, elephants and crocodiles are my favorites. They are rendered sooo well :D

no screenies this time but some helpfull sites if you still considering to join Rhyela :D and remember just ask me anything :D

The mob system can be a little confusing this can help alittle :D
http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Consider

You can also catalog wildlife which are "hidden" quests. There are alot of "hidden" quest.... basiclly make sure you inspect if any books can be picked up and read, any items on the wall, ground, cealing etc.

luckily there is a list of the catalog quets where you learn more about wildlife. I love these quests

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Creature_Cataloging_Timeline

I always loved that you dont lvl fast and that your "forced" to look around your envorioment if you want the achivements for doing all quets :D

If you play on f2p you will NOT have acces to the aa point system which is a shame... Aa points is kinda like talents except they are earned by experience. I´m on a silver account and the aa xp bar is locked at 50 %. you need a gold account if you want to deside for your self. I have to say that they are an essential part of survival in the game.. here is a small summit of what they are

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Advancement

Also putting in a link to help with harvesting

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/a_harvester%27s_guide

and tradeskills

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tradeskilling

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Taking_up_a_Tradeskill

anything else just ask me.. again there is SOOO much to know about this game :D

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Hey Tarn, did I mention that I bought the expansion that let's you play Beastlords? :) Needless to say, I'm running around Norrath with a fun set of animals at my side. I'll post a "pictures on parade" thing soon.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ohhh soo jealoux.. i cant afford beastlords but i want to :D could you try to make one of each race so i can see which race i wanna be if i ever be able to afford it :D

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

Here you go Tarny, some pictures of the various critters you can tame as a Beastlord:

Amphibian (Yup, you can have frogs)

Aquatic (This one is more of a lava crab)

Bat (I know, hard to tell because it's pure fire)

Boar (Most are just pigs)

Bovid (Yes, you can have stags in this game. This family also includes cows that you can tame)

Canine (Basically wolves)

Feline (I have a black panther atm, but apparently you can also tame regular house cats too)

Rodent (This one is a badger, but you can also tame beavers and rats of all kinds)

There are a few other families that you can tame as well, including avian (rumor has it there's a tamable Mallard duck in Steamfont), simian (gorillas and monkeys), reptiles (such as those lizards you've shown) and several exotic types that I'm not high enough to tame yet. Unlike WoW, however, you can only tame one skin from each family. For example, if you tame a black panther (feline family), but then tame a white panther (also in the feline family), the white one replaces the black one.

As for how taming works, it's very different from WoW. When you want to tame a new warder, you actually have to beat it down to 50% health or lower, than start the taming process. It takes about 10 to 15 seconds to complete a tame, and it can be interrupted so that you have to start over. On the plus side, though, there are no level restrictions to taming. Meaning, at level 20, you can tame a level 90 mob as long as you have a friend willing to keep its attention long enough to do so.

Finally, each pet family is either offensive or defensive, and each have their own unique skills. Some have pure AOE abilities (such as the reptile family), some have pure single target abilities (rodents fall into this one), and some have a mix of the two. In my opinion, the rodent is the strongest single target offensive warder, while boars are really good single target defensive warders. Using either of those with a Mystic mercenary is just brutal, I've managed to take down mobs in the high orange to low red range when I've needed to.

Anyways, enjoy :)
Attachments
Rodent (Badger).png
Rodent (Badger).png (426.41 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Feline (Panther).png
Feline (Panther).png (525.9 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Canine (Wolf).png
Canine (Wolf).png (705.49 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Bovid (Stag).png
Bovid (Stag).png (930.19 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Boar (Pig).png
Boar (Pig).png (531 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Bat.png
Bat.png (743.73 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Aquatic (Fire Crab).png
Aquatic (Fire Crab).png (859.3 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Amphibian (Frog).png
Amphibian (Frog).png (717.8 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Aww Thanks Sigrah :D im getting the expansion next month probally as an VERY early 17 ½ wedding annervesary gift from my friends :D im sooo getting a stag :D

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sigrah »

It's been awhile, but I'm still playing EQ2, at least until the EQN Landmark Alpha comes out. My wife is also playing a little bit,. and she loves plyaing Arasai casters. She came up with these 5 color schemes for them, and let me post them here for other EQ2 players to enjoy (or hate, seeing as you either love them or despise them, kind of like Gnomes :))

Blood Moon Red:

Electric Purple:

Forest Stalker Green:

Ice Queen Blue:

Radioactive Pink:

Attachments
Arasai (Radioactive Pink).png
Arasai (Radioactive Pink).png (562.24 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Arasai (Ice Queen Blue).png
Arasai (Ice Queen Blue).png (925.61 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Arasai (Forest Stalker Green).png
Arasai (Forest Stalker Green).png (707.4 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Arasai (Electric Purple).png
Arasai (Electric Purple).png (581.24 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Arasai (Blood Moon Red).png
Arasai (Blood Moon Red).png (660.87 KiB) Viewed 7461 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

some really nice outfits :D i dont play any online games anymore but i like to see the screenies :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

been ages since i played. Suxs to start all over again but I bought an all access from all things Daybreak so I dont pay extra to play both eq1 and eq2 which is nice.
I took a random name so until I can come up with something my Warden is for me nameless. The random name is Nioin - so defo not going to stick with that. Just bought her the cheapest but still nice appearance item i can find (eq2 mog feature) .
The other char on the char list is my tradeskillers.. some of the best items in the game comes from tradeskills and u can lvl tradeskills without lvling a char so they just there to supply my Warden with gear, food and spells

Some screenshots of her newbee travels

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Saw this ugly mercenary today.

but it´s owner was very kind. She made me my favorite apparel item for druids. I bought the bow for loyalty points as well as a haircut

The bow is only cosmetic because Wardens cannot use bows but I think it ties well in with the elf theme.. it´s very detailed

My paladin mercanary.. cant afford the elite ones yet but this one is good enough :D

some other screenies

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

You can have two different looks on the same char if you want. It´s called alternative models , also know as SOGA models.

My warden with SOGA models turn on - I perfer them off though but just wanted to show you them

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Help me decide a hairstyle for my druid. Hair color can be: Black, White, gray , yellow/golden, Red, brown. I prefer white for some reasons

Options:

please let me know what u think looks best and most elflike