Makoes' Wonderlocke adventure (pokemon)

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Makoes' Wonderlocke adventure (pokemon)

Unread post by Makoes »

Pokemon Wonderlocke challenge:

Rules (courtesy of TheOnePokemonTrainer)
1. You must catch the first Pokémon you find in a new route. If you have it or a family member of its species, you CANNOT catch it. Failure to catch it results a loss in a new partner!
2. The newly caught Pokémon MUST be WONDER TRADED (no in-game trades allowed). If you happen to get the same Pokémon as the one you traded, you may keep it (Hard-Mode players must trade again). If the Pokémon is one you've already captured (whether it be the same exact Pokémon, or its family member), you must trade again.
3. All given Pokémon (like the starters, Lapras, and Torchic (for those during the event)) cannot be traded and are soul-bound.
4. (Like any other Nuzlocke challenge), when a Pokémon faints, you MUST release it. (EXCEPTION: You may put it in a "Dead" box to be able to go back any look at your previous members for a memorial service.)
Extras for HARD-MODE
Cannot keep any of the same species that have been caught.
All given Pokémon must be traded.
No mega-evolutions.
All held items on the Pokémon traded to you must be tossed.
Last edited by Makoes on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Makoes

Re: Makoes' Wonderlocke adventure (pokemon)

Unread post by Makoes »

Trainer: Challenger
ID: 43399
Pokemon count: 3
Dex count: 6
Pokemon deaths: 0

Day 1:

I have just moved to a new town and already I have made a few friends. We met up in Aquacorde Town, were I received my very first pokemon, Chespin. I nick-named him "Boulder". After a quick trip home to gather my stuff, I have set out to work on this "pokedex". I decided to purchase a bunch of pokeballs in Aquacorde Town, and have set off to route 2. I encountered a feisty pidge, and caught it, and then wonders of trade, I received a Lileep for it. I thought these pokemon where extinct? Hmmm, it does not seem to trust me so much, but I am a new trainer, and he might be a tad to strong for me yet.
After a few battles, I headed back to town to heal up my pokemon, and to purchase some potions for when I am to far from town. The weather is rather nice today, warm and sunshine. I think it is raining back where I use to live, I don't miss that.

One of my friends gave a demonstration on how to capture pokemon, she seemed so happy about it, I didn't have the heart to tell her I already knew this stuff. she did give me a bunch of pokeball's though, that was nice.
Some youngster decided to pick a fight with me outside the woods, I felt bad when his pokemon was easily outmatched.

When I went into the woods, one of the other girls decided to tag along. She talked a bit to much, but she kept my pokemon healed so I decided it was worth it. In Santalune Forest I encountered a Pikachu, I didn't know that pikachu lived here! I thought they were native to Kanto. This world is full of surprises. I caught the pikachu, and the wonders of trade got a Pansear for it.
Last edited by Makoes on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Pokemon count: 4
Dex count: 15

Day 2:

We all decided to camp out in Santalune forest, telling stories around a camp fire. In the morning we spread out again to do more training before meeting up at route 3. Everyone talked about what they planned to do now. I think I will take everyone's advice and take on the Gym challenges. After all, I need to be stronger if I am going to complete the pokedex. On route 3 I caught another pikachu, and through the wonders of trade I got a Ralts. She seems to have potential.
On route to the next town, I was challenged to a battle by a really little kid. I am not sure what their parent was thinking, letting a kid that young battle...but my pokemon were far to strong for what he brought out, and the poor creatures didn't stand a chance. The kid kept a brave face, I'll give him that. But I wonder if his parents will replace the pokemon or wait till he's a bit older...I hope they will wait.
Not even 10 minutes later I encountered another little kid, this time a girl. Shr proudly announced that she let her pichu do whaever it wants, and then challenged me to a battle. I hope her parents don't give her another pokemon till she's older as well...I felt terrible after that fight...but as trainers, we cannot decline a battle.
Some person on rollerblades almost knocked me down some stairs, and they just kept going. How rude...I encountered two more people with pokemon, a bidoof which I trumped viciously. If there is one pokemon I do not like its bidoof...I don't know why, I have no logical reason, I just HATE them. The second person had each of the elemental monkey's and I swiftly dealt with those, Ralts learned confusion and unleashed amazing powers. I think I found my teams hard hitter, I knew it had potential!!

I finally made it to Santalune city, though its still more of a town. I promptly went to the pokecenter and healed up my team. A lady beside the desk inquired if I was a new trainer, when i told her I was, she handed me a pokeball. There was a torchic inside, holding a pretty marble. She told me that any new trainers coming through Santalune before the end of the month got a free torchic. That was nice of her. I went around the "city" and soon learned that the first gym I would face would be a BUG type gym, good thing I now had two fire types on my team.
I decided to rest at the center for the night and take on the gym in the morning. It was getting a bit late.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Pokemon count: 7
Dex count: 36

Day 3:

I decided to wake early, and do some training before going to the gym. There were many able wild opponents just outside of town and slowly my pokemon and I found our rhythm. My pokemon got stronger, learned some new attacks, and finally I felt ready to take on the gym. Upon arriving though, there was that person who almost knocked me down the stairs the day before! she challenged me to a battle, and I gladly accepted. After I beat her, she apologized for almost knocking me over, and gave me a pair of clip-on rollerblades. Cruising in style now!!

The gym was interesting, it was made up like a giant spider web, and I had to navigate it to get to the gym leader. There where a few trainers between me and her, but my torchic easily took care of their bug types. I decided to give lileep a try on the gym boss, perhaps this battle would bring us closer together. Acid proved to be a pretty good move against the gym leaders pokemon, and we won pretty quickly. I received my first badge, and headed back to the center to heal up.

We took a detour to route 22 for more training, and I caught an azurill, and through the wonders of trade, received a froakie for it. After encountering more school kids of varied ages...Seriously, why are there so many young kids with pokemon? I managed ot get my pokemon to pull a few hits so that at least some of the pokemon where only critically injured and not killed...I just hope the trainers get them to the center quickly.

On Route 4 I caught a combee and through the wonders of trade, received a charmander for it. Wow, I now have 4 different starter pokemon. Charmander can be very useful later on when it becomes a charizard, I can ride on his back! Route 4 is pretty long, I think I'll set up camp at the mid-way point. I did get into a few more trainer battles, but so far I seem to be able to hold my own. OH!! Earlier when I was leaving Santalune, the gyme leaders older sister came up to me and congratulated me on my win, and gave me an exp.share!! What a wonderful device!!

~~~
~~~
~~~

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Dex count: 52
Pokemon deaths: 1

Day 4:

Most of the day was uneventful. I got into a couple battles with some gardeners as I poked around some hedges for hidden items. I found a kind of pokeball, and some honey. then I bumped into two individuals that tried to act all mysterious...Not sure what to think of them yet, but they directed me to where to find the Professor in Lumiose City. This place was HUGE!!!! I managed to find the pokemon center and heal up my team, before heading to see Prof. Sycamore. Met up with all my friends and we took the elevator to the 3rd floor where I was finally introduced to the man who had provided me with my Chespin. He seem's a little eccentric to me, and promptly challenged me to a battle. Ralts was able to subdue all three of his kanto starter pokemon...I don't think he specializes in battles much.
After the battle, he let me pick one of my own Kanto starters. I decided to go with bulbasaur since I thought it might make a good addition to my team. I decided to name her "Brute Root". I seem to faintly remember someone else calling their Venasaur that once, though it was a very long time ago, I liked the name.

Prof. Sycamore talked about about something called "Mega Evolution" and it sounded very interesting. I agreed to try to learn more about this strange battle only evolution. After some sight seeing, I went back to route 4 to train up my newest addition. Charmander evolved into charmeleon, Balbasaur into ivysaur, ralts into karilia, and froakie into frogadier. After a quick stop at the pokemon center we continued onto route 5.
Upon entering the route, a Lucario came running over and seemed very interested in me, I was a bit nervous, but then it's trainer along with another Lucario showed up. She said some strange things about Lucario seeming to take a liking to my aura or something...Not really sure what that was all about, but ok. She also said she was a gym leader and that if I was taking on the gym challenges, we'd probably run int each other again, then she took off with the Luacario's.

Brute Root was doing really well on this route, dealing with wild encounters with ease. Even trainers on the route could bearly touch her...I shouldn't have gotten cocky. I ran into a few of my friends on route, one challenged me to a friendly battle, but once I proved mine where ther stronger, he admitted defeat. The other one gave me some honey and told me I could use it to coax out a hoard of pokemon...I'll have to keep that in mind. I continued on, my pokemon still holding strong and willing.
One trainer near the end of the route yawned sleepily and started talking about how the lack of sleep affected their ability to battle, he threw out a Kadabra and I sent out Brute root. I didn't even have time to react, its first attack crit Brute Root so hard she went flying, she didn't get up. I tried to return her to her pokeball...but dead pokemon don't return to their pokeballs. I sent out charmeleon, and had to switch after one hit to frogadier, he was able to finish the kadabra off.
we buried her there on route 5. It's a hard blow to trainers, that first loss, but it teaches us something we wouldnt have gotten without it. Humbleness. I got cocky, she had been hurt in a previous fight, I should have used one of the others...I won't be so careless again.

With a sober heart, we reached Camphier Town. Boulder rejoined the team, and after some late night training, evolved to Quilladin. I will do much more training before I continue on.

Dead pokemon don't return to their pokeballs.

~~~
~~~
~~~

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Dex count: 52
Pokemon deaths: 1

Day 5:

TBC

~~~
~~~
~~~