WildStar Screenshots Thread

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

WildStar Screenshots Thread

Unread post by Rhyela »

We knew it was coming! I have several to post. I may only be level six, but I think I am thoroughly hooked on this game. It's gorgeous! It's got the bright, vibrant and cartoony art style in the vein of WoW, but without being identical to it. It's just...I dunno. It's great. I really like the combat and the zones and all that, too. I'm having a great time!

I don't know if I'll make an Aurin at launch. They're kinda cutesy. I just wanted to try one out. Talya here is a Spellslinger. :D

I'm still learning the beast/mob names, so I don't remember what this is, but it was the only blue one. I think it's a quest mob.

This is some kind of ridiculously adorable root/plant thing. Don't even get me started on the adorable vegetables that follow you around in the beginning area (Exile side).....

Pretty little glowing butterfly. I ended up having a random challenge pop up to "catch" six of them (just jump through them). :)

Can't remember what this area was called, but it didn't look very inviting. Not everything is colorful and vibrant and cute.

There were quite a few owl statues scattered about the area, but this one peering from behind a tree caught my eye.

My favorite screenshot out of all the ones I took tonight.

You can actually swim underwater in this game, unlike ESO and SWTOR and such! There are also currents in the water of varying speeds. For example, if you're near the top of the waterfall, you'll probably get pulled by the current. I know because it happened to me. Pretty cool!
Attachments
Underwater.jpg
Underwater.jpg (89.5 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Pink Tree and Moon.jpg
Pink Tree and Moon.jpg (64.83 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Owl Statue.jpg
Owl Statue.jpg (67.54 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Gross Stuff.jpg
Gross Stuff.jpg (68.08 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Glowing Butterfly.jpg
Glowing Butterfly.jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Cute...Thing.jpg
Cute...Thing.jpg (108.34 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Blue Creature.jpg
Blue Creature.jpg (89.56 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Talya.jpg
Talya.jpg (65.97 KiB) Viewed 33724 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Re: WildStar Screenshots Thread

Unread post by Rhyela »

Now that I'm finally playing the game for realz, I have a couple to post. I actually have many, many more (many many many), but just these two for now will do. :)

This here's Ivanika, my mordesh Medic. Medics are great fun to play (IMO). This particular face wasn't one I would have originally picked (I picked two others before it), but I like taking unpopular faces and tweaking them to make them look better. It's like a challenge for me. Anyway, I ended up really liking how she turned out, so...yeah! She's my main character. :)

I took the Scientist path on her. One of the missions was to scan bunch of these owl totems (see one of the screen shots from beta). Once I scanned I believe 16 of them, I got a notification that said I could scan the one in Woodhaven. I kinda forgot about it, but when I went back and scanned this totem in town, I turned into a bird! I about pooped myself. It's fun to mess with, but sadly I can only use it in town. I guess they don't want people going where they shouldn't, hehe. Still, I like it. I think its actual name is something like a griffdor, but I'm just calling it a bird. :lol:
Attachments
Ivanika Bird.jpg
Ivanika Bird.jpg (54.97 KiB) Viewed 33724 times
Ivanika.jpg
Ivanika.jpg (94.47 KiB) Viewed 33724 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Ahh! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one on here who plays! I just recently started playing and I'm hooked! I share an account with a relative because I won't be around too often to play so it would be silly for me to waste $15 a month when I can only essentially play in the summer (I'll be a sophomore in college in the fall and have opted to not take my MMO's with me to school). I main an Aurin Esper but also have an Aurin Spellslinger. I love the fresh feel of this game and how there are so many different things that you can do besides just do quests. I love the new combat play style and just everything, it's been very refreshing since I've been a little burnout of WoW. Love your screen shots!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've got a new character to play with my husband, an adorable little chua named Wubzy. Hehe. I picked the Engineer class with him because I thought it'd be cute to have this little rodent in a big ol' Exo Suit. :D I didn't care for the Engineer much in beta, but now that I'm leveling up more and getting more abilities with it, it's actually quite fun!

This is one of my first pics of him from the Arkship Destiny. So cute!
Attachments
Wubzy Arkship.jpg
Wubzy Arkship.jpg (141.73 KiB) Viewed 33724 times

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sorry to bump this.
But Jesse Cox and WoWCrendor recently did videos on the game & it's free to play.
By the sound of it the game had a huge update and there were A LOT of changes. Anyone currently playing this??

Was thinking of downloading and installing it. Looks really cool.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I haven't played it for a very long time, but it was quite fun! I really like the combat style.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I hop on every now and then. I don't have any high level characters. I would play more if the game wasn't so laggy (I have to play on the lowest graphics settings) and if I knew people that played.

Guess I'll share screenshots of my characters. My highest level character is the first screenshot.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

zedxrgal

Your bunny slippers are clearly not amused. :lol:

I guess I'll download it and give it a shot.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

zedxrgal wrote:Your bunny slippers are clearly not amused. :lol:
Haha, they are actually sheep/ram slippers that where available during their winter holiday event. I had to have them because I love the idea of someone adventuring around in the world and killing enemies all while wearing fuzzy animal slippers.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Ahhh, I miss playing this game. I stopped for school reasons a few months ago and then instead of going back to it I picked up Sims 4. But I was so addicted to their housing!

Here are some of my old housing projects:

My Cassian's Library

My Aurin's rather odd treehouse
A close up area after decorated!

My human exile's farm that was located in a "valley"

The only plot that was open to the public was my warrior Yvaine Verukov [Entity NA]. At least I think its still public. It's unfinished due to her level [She was like level 18 or 20], but it was the closest overall in terms of what I wanted to accomplish. I had made her a botanical lab in the sky. The lab was built in a bunker though. This is just a shot of the kitchen.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

zedxrgal

Wassa wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:Your bunny sheep slippers are clearly not amused. :lol:
Haha, they are actually sheep/ram slippers that where available during their winter holiday event. I had to have them because I love the idea of someone adventuring around in the world and killing enemies all while wearing fuzzy animal slippers.
:lol: EPIC. I wonder if it's possible to still get them?
Be some badass stalker, emerging from the shadows to murder someone while wearing very unamused sheep slippers. :lol:
Just seeing those makes me want the game. lol

Gorgeous screen shots Serenith.

*ponders*

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Wow, your housing is amazeballs! I never got anywhere close to that with my pitiful little house. I think I had the starter stuff and maybe a couple pillows. :lol:

zedxrgal

That's all one needs though Rhyela! A couple good pillow.

I didn't download this yet. Spent my whole weekend in WoW trying to gear my main up.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I am soooo tempted now to--- nvm I am going to update my game and look at my housing plots again. I know I have way better areas to photograph and show! Lol. I swear though, that housing they have there is super amazing. My stuff was pathetic compared to some folks I saw there. But my warrior's plot was featured on a community site listing for amazing builders, which shocked me XD

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Dagnabbit you guys! I updated Wildstar last night. I doubt I'll play it anytime soon, since I'm stuck on TOR and will be playing Legion when it drops. But you've got me thinking about it again. :)

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wow it's shutting down completely? It's not that old. . Not enough players? I never played it heh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I hadn't played it in over a year and then after I graduated school in August, I jumped back on it cause it was free to play and it was something I could run on the computer I was using. Was having lots of fun with housing and then they announced it was being shut down. I was pretty gutted. I still enjoyed the game even though I didn't get to play it as much as I wanted to. I wanted to log in on the last day, but it was too sad. But I saw some videos people posted on tumblr as it happened and they lost connection forever. Major bummer :(

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

God, looking at all those old screenshots makes me sad I never played it. It looks like something I would have liked and now that world is gone. Kinda heartbreaking. :(
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Man, I really liked this game! :( It was such a neat idea, using MOBA-style combat mechanics. No more Mondo, my husband will be sad. :(