The Fallout thread.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

The Fallout thread.

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I thought I'd just make a thread that is for general talking about the Fallout games. Can be any of them from Tactics to New Vegas!

I've only played 3 of them myself. 1,3 and NV but I do enjoy them.

I've yet to finish Fallout 1 yet. It's not installed on my new laptop. I kinda stopped playing it when we got robbed... Anyway it was fun! I did not even mind that I died all the time! It's not easy but it does make you feel awesome when you do stuff.

Fallout 3. I'm currently doing the swamp DLC (er Point lookout?) it's a fun game. I like to wear full Outcast Power armour because it's a neat colour combo. Also the Enclave can go away and die please. They are poopheads.

I only started NV a week ago (it came the same time as the Diablo expack XD) but it's neat. I like the whole cooking thing that's handy. I have sided with the NCR (I think that's there name) anyway I'm only like level 8 or so and I'm constantly being attacked by Roman assassins and they take quite a lot to take down at my level @.@ I just found a vault and it's full of Golden Geckos and instantly died :lol: Ah well least it's not full of Deathclaws and Albino Radscorpions *shudder*

So what ones do you guys like to play?
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: The Fallout thread.

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I have played 1 (but not finished) and 2 (several times, never finished, but such fun! :D ).
I really loved the 2nd one. The characters were eally interesting and extremely likeable, the battle system had amazing playability and there's noting better than sniper riffle headshots from the bad breath distance. Oh, and being incinerated with a flamethrower because Marcus had a brainfart - priceless :D

Now you've made me nostalgic... will have to look ino F3, or check if my good old F2 will run on my current rig :D

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

FALLOUT

/TEARS INTO THREAD SCREECHING

Right so I've played FO3 and FO: NV, having beaten both. I started FO1 and then got waylaid by NV. Whoops. I can't say if I like NV or FO3 better. FO3 does have a special place in my heart cause it takes place in DC, where I lived most of my life. So there's something deeply satisfying about wandering around and seeing places that I grew up all ruined. When I saw one of the metro stops I lived in completely taken over by raiders, I'll be honest my heart just dropped--Friendship Heights was my metro station, man. I took that EVERYWHERE.

Seeing the ruined Washington Monument...sprinting down Georgetown with all these Supermutants on my tail...wandering Chevy Chase, the area I grew up in...

There was a hell of a lot of nostalgia for me that made me really fond. Plus Galaxy News Radio is a way better station than NV's Mojave News Broadcast, hands down.

That said, I love the companions from NV way better. Boone and ED-E screeeeeeee. I like how there's a lot more plottish options as well. I'm half-tempted to replay it right now even though I finished it a few days ago to see the Caesar's Legion endings. Oh man. And Cow, Caesar's assassins HURT, for real, when you're that low level. I've had a whole lot of run-ins with them and they tore me a new one a few times. Until I got a few more levels. Then they went down niiiiice and easy.

You mentioned the Enclave--thanks to FO3 I hate their guts (you don't understand I started crying when James died it was not okay I was legit really upset) and the ending pisses me off like no tomorrow. (I HAD A RADIATION SUIT. I WAS JACKED UP FULL OF RAD-X. I SURVIVED STANDING NEXT TO THE FRIGGEN MEGATON BOMB COME ON) but thanks to NV, I feel a lot more sympathy towards the Enclave? It's Arcade's fault.

Point Lookout was a hilarious DLC. The Punga fruit thing was absolutely fantastic. (Although if you liked Point Lookout, then I hope you grabbed NV'S Big MT DLC as well. That was fantastic to play through as well.)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yeah I got the ultimate edition of NV so it's got everything. The ending for 3 is better if you have the Broken Steel DLC then you can get your Super mutant buddy to do it <3 Seeing as he can't die from rads it's all good!

Omg did you blow up Megaton? XD
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

!!!!

YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE MADE FAWKES DO IT

WITHOUT ANYONE GETTING HURT????

(technically no but I mean you're standing RIGHT NEXT TO IT)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yup! I learned that the hard way :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Last night I found Veronica the Brotherhood of steel lady and now shes following me and today I went looking for the bunker she is from and I found it and hopefully I can get the power armour skill because I sure do love wearing that! Too bad I can't gte the Outcasts colours because I do love them <3
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

eeeeey Veronica I need to do her quests.

And you should get the training after you do a few quests for them. (Also East Coast BoS > West Coast BoS HANDS DOWN FIGHT ME)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I do like the Fallout 3 ones the most. Those are the East coast ones right? I'm not the best when it comes to where is what in America. Heck I'm crap at where places are in New Zealand :lol:

I miss Liberty Prime he was the best :lol:
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

cowmuflage wrote:I do like the Fallout 3 ones the most. Those are the East coast ones right? I'm not the best when it comes to where is what in America. Heck I'm crap at where places are in New Zealand :lol:

I miss Liberty Prime he was the best :lol:
Yup! East Coast is the Fallout 3 ones. DC BoS aaaaw yis