PSO2

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

PSO2

Unread post by Zangor »

man its been a good amount of time since i last posted here eh? Well i have been watching for awile but i figured id let you all know iv been off doing other stuff and taking a sort of break from WoW. Lately since november iv been playing Phantasy Star Online 2 with an english patch on it (because it has yet to be announced for a western release) and having a blast. Figured while im at it id let everyone know also if anyone else plays me and some friends on skype play on Ship 8. It is a fun MMO but connecting is a pain since late june when they suffered a DDOS attack. Anyway figured id let everyone know what i was up to and hopefully once Warlords comes out i'll be alot more active around here!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: PSO2

Unread post by Sukurachi »

my god, I played Phantasy Online when it was on the Sega Dreamcast. It was the first online game I ever played.
I didn't even know there was a 2nd one.

does this 2nd game follow the same formula as the 1st? or has it expanded into more of an MMO? (the original was a bit more linear, more of a dungeon crawler despite there being no real dungeons). damn that first game was fun at that time.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Snope
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (Horde), Wyrmrest Accord (Both)

Re: PSO2

Unread post by Snope »

It was a tough choice: make a redundant thread about this game, or necro post. I decided on the latter.

But yeah, PSO2 is usually what I play when i'm not playing WoW. It's got questionable character anatomy/wardrobes and it's probably not quite as hard as WoW, but I still love it.

PSO2 is kind of like PSO1 where you do stuff in 4-player parties. But in PSO2, many areas can be occupied by up to 12 players at once. So yeah, I guess it took a step toward being a legitimate MMO.

It's also another game where character customization is pretty much a game in itself. In fact, it's even bigger in PSO2 than it is in WoW.

My PSO2 characters tend to look significantly less badass than my WoW characters, partially because you can make guys in that game that aren't beefcake. Here are my main PSO2 characters: Luca the Human Force, Mazarin the Melee Newman, and Pyrope the Deuman Ranger. For comparison: my main WoW characters.