Titan canceled after 7 years

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Titan canceled after 7 years

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/09/23/blizzar ... velopment/

I'm not surprised...WoW is almost all they need anymore with the subs and cash shop.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Titan canceled after 7 years

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'm not surprised either but I am a little disappointed
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Meh. In no way surprised. Honestly I kind of .................... don't care. I mean. Titan was always just this rumored thing to be happening. Now real concrete evidence etc other than a few leaks here a tiny whisper there. But it was always just brushed off by me because after all this time and nothing to show for I'd written it off. I thought they'd given up on it long ago. Maybe now they can put the rest of those resources into full updating ALL of WoW.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Not surprised, not really disappointed. I'd hate to switch to a whole new game after so long in WoW and I like WoW plenty as it is. I'd worry that Titan would make them discontinue or stop focusing on WoW, and that would make me a sad player indeed.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Not surprised, not really disappointed. I'd hate to switch to a whole new game after so long in WoW and I like WoW plenty as it is. I'd worry that Titan would make them discontinue or stop focusing on WoW, and that would make me a sad player indeed.
I think this about sums up my feelings on it as well. I had a feeling it wasn't going to pan out, but all in all I think I'm happier with them focusing on WoW as their main MMO for now.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I'm not disappointed either honestly. Sure, I'm curious to see what Titan would have looked like, but I much rather them focus on WoW. I highly doubt I'd play Titan anyways, for the same reasons I can never get that into other mmos. I have spent so much time and effort on WoW over the course of seven years, and I still enjoy it a lot. I always look forward to new expansions, albeit some more than others, and still have plenty to do ... The idea of starting fresh and investing the same amount of time and effort in another mmo is just... Not a fun idea.

I'm not big on sci-fi anyways; aliens, space, etc. just doesn't appeal to me much. I'm much more of a fantasy person.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like how one of their reasons was "it looked like It would not be fun to play" Classic Blizz right there! Same thing they said about Starcraft: Ghost XD
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

The Sci-Fi/Space MMO game market already has quite a few out and some others in dev that look pretty interesting. Games like Star Wars TOR, Star Trek Online, and the upcoming Firefly MMO. Plenty of games out there for fans of that sorta thing. Blizz has the most success with Fantasy games, Warcraft/WoW & Diablo, figure that it's good business to put more resources into games that are consistent money makers and build off those for other games, ie; Hearthstone & Heroes Of The Storm.

Starcraft has interesting lore, and I wouldn't mind seeing them possibly return to the Sci-Fi/Space MMO idea sometime in the future using the Starcraft lore, or a spin-off from it. Perhaps the Titan project was lacking in the lore department, since with Blizz's other 'core games' they have set the bar pretty high as far as in-game lore is concerned. I'm willing to forgive a bit of less than perfect gameplay if the lore is good, as gameplay can be patched/hotfixed down the road but terrible lore will stop me from becoming immersed in the game world.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^