Legend of Zelda

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Legend of Zelda

Unread post by Jurz »

I have yet to see a thread for this amazing series of games, and I know I am not the only one here who loves the games :)

I'll start off by saying that I consider myself a Zelda noob haha! I always wanted to play the games as a child, but some factors never allowed me to. I wasn't able to start playing Zelda until I was a sophomore in high school (I am now a sophomore in college). I was finally able to get my hands on a Zelda game, Twilight Princess. I played that sucker for HOURS, getting lost in dungeons and trying to figure out what the heck I was supposed to do next haha! but I loved it. My parents saw that love and bought Skyward Sword as a Christmas present for me, and when the Zelda version of the Wii U was released not too long ago I bought it and it came with Wind Waker. I also got Hyrule Warriors, but I haven't gotten to play it all that much due to Organic Chemistry. I'm hoping to get Ocarina of Time, and possible Majora's Mask? I played a little of Majora's Mask once and it majorly creeped my out so I dunno XD

As you can see, I really am an LoZ noob haha! but I still love what I have played so far :) The designs are wonderful, and the games can be challenging at times. The stories are really awesome, and I just adore the characters!

I know most LoZ fans have been fans of the games since Ocarina of Time and possibly before that, so who's excited for the Majora's Mask remake? :) Also, have you guys seen the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL? The artwork on it is stunning, and I wish I could have gotten one for myself, but I was only able to afford one and my BF is a HUGE fan of the game and LoZ in general so I'm giving it to him.

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Legend of Zelda

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I am a huge Zelda fan as you may have guessed from my avatar. I have played every one when it was new from the original up to Ocarina of Time. I have not played the latest ones because I have not had access to a Wii. The love affair did have a rocky start however.

I first played the original Legend Of Zelda in the gold cartridge back in like 1985. All of the games I had played up to that time were arcade style games with a running high score you had to try to beat. When I tried Zelda there was no high score and seemingly no reason to play the game at all. I just didn't get it and my poor Link died the maximum 255 times before I completed the second dungeon. Just finding the dungeons was a chore in itself. I hated it. I stuck with it though and finally figured out what the object was. From that point on, I was hooked. I had to have every new Zelda game as soon as it came out and I had a subscription to Nintendo Power magazine to get the latest hints, maps, and walkthroughs. I never would have finished the first game without it. The second game wasn't nearly as good but hey, it had Link and Zelda so it was cool. Then came what is still my favorite of the series, A Link To The Past, on the awesome (for it's day) Super NES system.

Zelda paved the way for all of the RPG/Adventure games that followed. I would venture to say that WoW would never have existed without Zelda. I hope everyone here got to experience the Zelda tribute quest line in Un'Goro before it was sadly removed in Cataclysm. It's still my favorite quest line in WoW's history. Un'Goro could have been called Nintendo Crater with the presence of Linken, Lario, Muigi, and the barrel throwing gorillas. There were some of the famous lines from the original Zelda like "It's a secret to everyone" in the quest line and it was awesome. I still have Linken's Boomerang and Linken's Sword of Mastery in my bank and will never delete them.

Other game series like the Final Fantasy franchise also helped pave the way for what we have today but for me, it will always be Link and Zelda who opened up a whole new world of gaming.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are my favorites. I also have not played any of the Wii games, but I think I've played just about every handheld version and console version. Sadly, I have not played the original and the sequel on the NES, because I was so very young at the time. My first was LttP. I love, love, love that game!

I must admit that I have a tattoo with elements from LoZ. It's a tiger with some tribal art, but around it are the words, "Power", "Wisdom" and "Courage" in their corresponding LoZ colors (red, blue and green, respectively) written in Chinese.

Waahhhhhhh I love LoZ! :3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well I've only played one game and I got it last week. Hyrule Warriors XD

It's pretty boss tho.

I like playing as Impa and Sheik.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Did someone say Zelda? :D If you look closely I happen to have a couple avatars of Link in my rotation and my FR lair has a few Zelda-themed dragons lying around. One of my real-life friends gave me a Link figurine who sits on the shelf above my computer, and I have a big Twilight Princess poster on the wall next to my bed :D Also my Wii remote is gold with the Hylian Crest on it <3 and when I play Smash Link is usually my first pick :lol: I think Zelda was what got me into art, too.

I agree it's an amazing series and I can't wait to see what the next instalments will be like. I started with the Oracle games personally and though I can't remember much of the games their music sticks in my head even now and I remember spending hours trying to beat them. I also remember that I was ecstatic when I learned of the link features between them and pestered my brother to help me unlock all the cool stuff and final boss xD

My mum noticed how much I loved them and bought me Ocarina... I was so excited for it that I studied the instruction manual for ages before turning the game on. Also it had pictures. Not many instruction booklets have art in them from what I've seen. OoT and Majora's Mask are definitely my favourites of the series thus far, and also happen to be the games that made me realise that I could never love a real person - Adult Link/Fierce Deity are the only ones I've ever felt true affection for xD Though I do go gooey when I see any version of him to tell the truth :P I don't even care how lame that sounds. Wind Waker was pretty amazing once you get past the cel-shading (not that it's a bad style mind you, just jarring after the last adventures) and I probably would've loved A Link to the Past more if I'd gotten it earlier.

I don't own a Wii U sadly so I'm yet to try Hyrule Warriors, but I watched Jesse Cox play it and looks so fun and I'm really excited for Zelda U too :D
Danielfboon wrote:Zelda paved the way for all of the RPG/Adventure games that followed. I would venture to say that WoW would never have existed without Zelda. I hope everyone here got to experience the Zelda tribute quest line in Un'Goro before it was sadly removed in Cataclysm. It's still my favorite quest line in WoW's history. Un'Goro could have been called Nintendo Crater with the presence of Linken, Lario, Muigi, and the barrel throwing gorillas. There were some of the famous lines from the original Zelda like "It's a secret to everyone" in the quest line and it was awesome. I still have Linken's Boomerang and Linken's Sword of Mastery in my bank and will never delete them.
THIS!! So much this. I was devastated when they took that quest out :'( I always go to check on Blazerunner (have you noticed the chest that had the Golden Triangle in it is still in his cave, though not interactive?) and Aquamentus the Unchained in their respective zones x) Linken also made me look forward to doing that one Hyjal/Molten Front daily even if he's a gnome. I mean come on, they even gave him his chestnut mare :lol:

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.