Novus Inceptio - Very promising game! :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Novus Inceptio - Very promising game! :)

Unread post by Ana »

It looks amazing.. Its EA for now, only male char but the graphics are stunning. There is a tutorial on how to play the game and little quest you can do to understand the game better. You can play in first person view or 3rd person view. I only just got it but its challenging and fun!.. OBS dont go into the siny boxes.. that gets you into "zones" where there are mobs which will kill you.. nasty wolves..

You actually age and die in the game but from what I read you can get your heritage in to your kids.. aka this first char being a gen 1 :D
Last edited by Ana on Sat May 05, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Very promising game on sale on steam Novus Inceptio

Unread post by Ana »

Utterly in love with this game.. its amazing!! got to craft myself some armor

More about the game:
Novus Inceptio is a survival RPG set to our planet, but far in the future. Despite of the fact that the game is labeled as a survival game, it is not a typical survival challenge type of a game.

DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW ON A SURVIVAL GAME
Do not expect a typical survival challenge game, because survival elements are slightly at the background. On one hand, it is necessary to cover basic needs to survive, but these activities are not to bother you a lot, they rather intensify the world atmosphere. On the other hand, it is not difficult to get killed or to die as a result of some kind of injury.

THE WORLD IS NOT JUST A DEAD BACKGROUND
You can interact with nearly everything from the surface of the ground, bushes, trees, to your own buildings. In the game, no plant serves just as a decoration – would you like to pick up mushroom and eat it? Go ahead, nothing stops you. Even ordinary tree does not serve only as a source of wood, but offers other materials, too (bark, leaves, branches, resin etc.).

LIVELY RELAXING ENVIRONMENT
The game contains environment with natural time flow, following daily cycle and being affected by weather changes. If you stop for a moment and listen to the sounds of the nature you would recognize in which direction a wolf is hunting, you could feel the wind taking off, or you could just let yourself go while listening to atmospheric music and you could calmly relax listening to the whisper of leaves and the wind.

COMPLEX CRAFT SYSTEM
The game craft system is based on very difficult internal logic which requires individual production of every single part of the final product. As a reward for such game mechanics you get unique items, spiced with material bonuses, e.g. it is really important whether you craft from oak or pine wood. The game also offers an option of the craft system for those who don´t want to dive in tables and calculations.

MATERIAL BONUSES
The game contains a unique system of resources heredity which is used during crafting. Therefore it is possible to craft unique items with specific characteristics which happens because of the craft complexity.

UNLIMITED CHARACTER OPTIONS
The game allows natural character development. Only personal attributes, which you use, are enhanced. You have free hands to create a mix of specialization which you truly enjoy. You don´t have to think even before the beginning of the game about choosing a proper race or profession – character attributes are automatically adjusted according to frequent character activities.

CHARACTER AGEING

Yes, during playing your character gets older and can eventually die of age and therefore can move one generation further. The ageing system is our specific system of character level up. The age are experience points and a generation is a level. You dont´t have to be afraid of ageing, because it is natural way to level up, which brigs you bonuses and even better attributes.

BUILDING SYSTEM

Thanks to modular system, while building your new home, the only limiting factor is your creativity (and if not, you can always use ready-made houses). The difference in our system is in the builning process. First, you take your time and plan, only when you are ready, you start gathering material and finally build your dream house.

FARMING

You can build a farm around your house and grow plants needed for cooking a good quality meal or plant your own wood and bring some exotic plants from different biomes to your home.

ANOMALIES

In the world, there are many portals to different dimensions or times. In anomalies you can come across some unique rewards, but primarily you can learn new craft recipes which are essential for any crafting. But it is vital to pay attention to any danger hidden in those portals.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Interesting. Game sounds like Guild Wars II mixed with Ark or a lot like Dark and Light.
Glad you found something you're very happy with Ms Tarn.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

So far there are No blood or magic in and only nok humanoids you need to killing. Its actually really fundet and a bit spooky to explore.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

More screenies :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im totally and utterly smitten with this game.. There are soooo many aspect of it!! It´s not just a hack and slash game.. You actually need to do stuff in order to get better at it. Every dot needs to be filled up by a full blue so there is A LOT of skill training to get... and there are skills for EVERYTHING! just a few shots of the skills here. I promise you will never run out of things to do!

those above is the skills you can get up by actually pratising it :D Then there are bonus you get from ageing. You get generation points which you can use when you get a clone, which you get every 75th year. You also have aging skills tree which you get by normal ageing.. i think its every 10th year. 1 hour in game= 10 years.

You need to make crafting stations in order to make certain items.. You need to fuel the fire to keep the fie burning and pick out the ash so it does not suffecate the fire.. I love how realistic this game is!

Every item in game have different bonuses.. if you make a sword out of wood its worse than one you make out of copper etc. You can upgrade your weapons from tier 0 to tier 5 but you need to grind mats to make the runes for it.. If you need bones, you need to kill animals and get their bones, if you need fiber you need to pick gras etc.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this complexety

There are a trillion things to grind.. e.g. from trees you can get leaves, branhces, Resin (only from fir trees) and from fruit trees you can get fruit. If you level up your harvesting you can also get saplings. Once a tree is cut down it does not regrown so you need to get your harvesting up so you can get saplingsso you dont run dry (at this point in the game there are PLENTY of wood though)

there is an anomaly which is an ancient city where you can gather cola which serves as drink for your character.. because you also need to not starve and die from thirst...

This is THE BEST GAME EVER :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

as a person who never ever played a male character before its VERY weird to be playing a male... even though he has a 6 pack and looks really good :P

hard to get a decent shot of the beast in here.. but this one was bugged so i could get closer :D this is a doe :) - animal taming and breeding is planned later in this game.. looking forward to it :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

not sure if anyone is following this thread but I just post screenies anyway :lol: If you do follow try to look at other ppls screenshots at : http://steamcommunity.com/app/386590/screenshots/

Fishing in the night. There are a trillion recipes in this game.. you get many of them by fishing. 1 hour of fishing gave 30 recipes of which i only knew 2 already

trying to get some good beast shots.. Wolves and foxes are the hardest to get screenie off atm.. I know there are hippos, rhinos, lions, lizzard, crocodiles and more.. i just havent explored it yet as i just started over to do it better :D You get bonus from generation to generation if you dont die so im trying not to die heh

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im smitten by this game.. more screenies:

Pinecone tree up close.. I really like the graphic

A rabbit.. they come in multiple colors

Buffaloes

Statues.. I think you should recognize these :D

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Thanks for sharing this it looks amazing! Does it feel grindy tho? I might get it once I'm done xcom2...or decide it's too hard for me :lol:
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I never ever liked grinding but in this game i actually like it. No rush or agenda so you work in your own speed. I feel its very tranquil . Tier 0 is fast to get and you can survive in it. .so its cool. Its priced down atm so cheap, o try out.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, it does look very pretty :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Its super pretty :). The developer is a single polish guy. He is pretty active on the boards so I think the future of the game looks good. Bit "slow " on the updates due to only being one person working on it but it is excatly the kind of game we been looking for. Cant wait to see how animal taming and breeding is going to work. I havent even started to play with the build part of the game yet :)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Screenshots from one of the anomalies... the lost city ca. year 2045. Im in the tier 0 one.. and yes there are different tiers of the anomalies too.. highest ive seen is tier 10. There are wolves, deers and stags in there so be careful where you go.. you can jump on the hood on the cars to avoid the wolves and kill them.. but this is a bug who will be fixed later.. so best to learn how to fight before you enter these :D

And some other screenies :D :

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Got too brave and died. .It don't matter too much but I want the No dying achivement so started over again ;). Lesson to self: 4 Scorpions and 3 basilisk at once is too many :lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Tier 0 cloth gear details

A dead axebeak... I will try to take a screenie of a live one

a skeleton of something .. not sure what.. probably a gazelle.. they are in the game but very skittish so hard to get a screenie off

A basilisk up close and one of a red basilisk from afar and a shot of scorpids.. so far i encountered red and black ones

Desert scenery:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

More exploration screenshots:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Novus Inceptio - Very promising game! :)

Unread post by Ana »

Gotten to the savannah/africa biome in my exploration... though there are a lot of trees and grass.. maybe jungle? IDk.. its pretty :P .some of the screenshots are from above.. but I had to jump on a tall rock to avoid getting killed (bug which will be fixed later). Elephants are not aggressive but if you engage them they hit like a truck!.. its sad to kill them though.. they close their eyes when they hit the ground.. maybe other animals do that too but I only noticed it on the elephants

The creatures level is scaled with your attack and defense skills.. so the max lvl i see is stil lvl 4.. i havent leveled my defense yet.. it takes a lot of time and atm im gathering mats and transmuting them into a higher tier so I can get a max tier set of my gear.. But as long as the jump on a tall rock and the creatures cant reach you i feel quite safe in exploring :D -

in later versions they will also scale with your weapon and shields tier but its a bit down on the "this is going to get done" plan. The developer is really active on the forums and I soo enjoy this game. This are the things which are being worked on atm... I am so glad to have found this game.. I love it :D
A new compass - which better reflects the requirements for future and current content.
Modified UI for world map.
The compass and map are compelling for daily quests, better orientation in the world,
We plan to fix the UI now - some of the elements that are constantly on the screen, but they overlap.
But we are also slowly preparing jewelcrafting.
The reputation system is dependent on compass, map, daily quests, etc.
A lot of things are connected and sometimes news that seems to be superfluous have a deeper sense for further updates.

For example, jewelcrafting is not just about adding recipes.
We need to think of a source of new raw materials, logic, and other things.
It is difficult to promise anything and plan ahead, but we have some of the following things planned:

Final master text for further translations
Jewelcrafting
Reputation system
Animal behavior
Better (bigger) field for farming
Bow
Horses (on which you can ride)
The female figure.
And much more.

But none of the above is 100% - we still have to deal with various corrections, debugging and changing priorities.

For example, we are working on something that is not on the list, but without these things it would not be possible to do more content to fulfill the possible plans.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for all those shots, it still looks great :). I love the lizards/ basilisks.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh your welcome. I am having such fun playing this :)