Ark: Survival Evolved

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Official servers have been down for two days now, since the last patch. I haven't checked to see if they're up yet, but as of last night they were still down. You can't connect and if you do you get booted within seconds of actually getting in. I'm sure I have a bunch of stuff spoiling in my smokehouses because of it....
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

It would appear official servers are still super jacked up. Nef kepts getting booted over and over again. I couldn't even log in. The server kept disappearing from my server list.
My gripe?
This seems to be effecting my unofficial servers for whatever reason. It's near impossible to stay connected I suspect it's something to do with Ark maybe. I don't know. Just seems really odd the official servers are so F-ed up and now after updating mine are too. Blows my mind.
I should have known to just keep my girl at home instead of going giga watching on my Ragnarok server. Saw two gigas though. I'll probably die to one since I got booted right next to it. Probably lose yet another flyer to one of these monsters. But no unicorns.
I cannot believe this goes full release in 3 weeks. What a POS.
I feel really sorry for people who are or will spend $59.99 US on this mess.

For now I am going to try and re-validate my servers & hope that fixes it.

P.S. The giga I got dc'd by? Level 140. So. Yeah. I'll log back in to a dead survivor and flyer I am sure of it.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I was wondering that myself. I was going to hop on your server to putz around and check on my stuff there.. but it's missing from the list. It was just there earlier when I tried to log into Prim14, then when that timed out and took me back to the server select it was gone.

I managed to get on Prim14, but it was jutty as all hell and some pretty bad lag/rubber banding was going on. I farmed up some meat with my highest level Thylas, talked to Potato for a bit, then just logged out. It's unplayable at the moment. There is a light fog affect constantly going on making it hard to see distant things, the sky at times becomes soooo bright it's hard to see.. they darkened everything I think to try and counter the brightness issue they've been having, but it didn't do anything. The sky almost seems WORSE now.

The good news is the servers were completely offline/rebooting (according to Potato) so all my stuff in my Smokehouses lived. I unloaded a bunch of sparkpowder into them just in case. I noticed my Dodo Kibble was counting down 2x faster than it should be. The second counter was literally going 1mis-2mis-3mis-4mis-5etcetc. (mis being Mississippi. I was always told to use Mississippi as a way to count seconds appropriately and I couldn't even get out the first bit before the timer ticked again.)

And Zed, I totally would just GM yourself a replacement of equal level and what was lost if you do lose it because of this. It's totally not your fault and I wouldn't blame you one bit. It's only fair, honestly.
zedxrgal

Things are way worse than I feared sadly. I still can't get into primitive plus 14.
It seems whatever bugs are effecting the official servers is effecting mine. Now of my servers are completely unplayable. I am not sure what to do at this point I cannot blame the host for the issues with Ark.
My Center server is so full of lag and rubber banding that not even the terrain will load and all the animals seem to float mid-air. Both servers seemed to deal with the same constant state of fog issue. On my Ragnarok server that one is soon as you try to tame anything or do anything it immediately crashes it.
Both servers have extreme lag and the constant fog effect. A lot of a reminding to where is literally unplayable. And I know I'm repeating myself I'm sorry I'm just very frustrated.
I think like my host said whatever bugs in the main Ark patches corrupted all the files through Steam on to my servers which in turn would create the bugs that are happening.
When I did make it on to both servers finally I noticed some severe problems also. I noticed that none of the map was populated. My characters were naked even though they were still at level and had everything on them. Lot of stretching of models. It was though is everything had been reset without actually resetting. Oh and all three servers were missing from my favorites list.

I have a screen shot of the loading issues with the terrain I'll post later

Edit:
This is how bad it is now.
This is on my center server. Most of the map is like this.
FYI the brightness is with gamma turned down to 2.75. You can still see the fog effect etc. Saddle wouldn't load either.

zedxrgal

Sorry for the double post (notsorry) but I wanted to test some things and sure enough taming ANYTHING whether it be conventionally or force taming causing the server to immediately crash upon tame completion. This happens on both my servers. So this is definitely a bug from Ark and the v262.16 patch.
As I type this there is a patch trying to download.
Here are the patch notes:
Released - 17 July, 2017
Fixed a case where the cursor would vanish when navigating through Primitive+ Menus
Fixed an issue where you wouldn't be able to see ARK Data items unless you toggled folder view
Slight increase to Trike Wild damage
Increased rate at which Alpha creatures spawn in Single Player
Decreased the amount of Eeels in PGM
Increased the ride distance on flyers to help getting on them when you've fallen in water
Increased the spread of Terror Bird spawns in the Redwoods so you don't see as many Terror Bird Armies
Increased the amount of creatures in TheCEnter Deep Water Zone
Optimised foliage and Rock destruction meshes
Jumping Puzzle on the Center now awards 3 top-tier supply crates for completion
Center Underworld Rafts no longer teleport to the top of the map
Fixed the dark post processing in TheCenter Deep Water
Fixed a case where TheCenter Barrier wasn't visible underwater
TEK Cave pool now refills your element, as well as causes you damage if you're not wearing a full element set
Made the weather effects on TheIsland and Center more visibly clear (you'll see clouds changing)
Lots of Deep Sea crates adding to TheCenter Deep Sea Cave
Added a bunch of Coel to the main waters in TheCenter
Itchy and Pego will not steal Skins from players
Ghillie Suit now only has 70 base durability rather than 120
Reduced the amount of stalling caused by a GC
Removed all the non-statted items from crates that are higher tier than the first crate where that non-statted item is found
Fixed an issue where Plesiosaur would spawn at level 35
You now get an on screen message when you fall off the map
Fixed a case where the Gorilla Boss would float and walk backwards, unable to attack anything.
Stego and Rexes socket fixed so no longer laying eggs upside down
Fixed an issue where you may see blueprints of items inside certain structures (e.g Water skin inside of Water Tap)
Re mapped some Center Spawns in caves so they aren't clustered as much
Fixed Leed spawns on TheCenter so they should not spawn in shallow waters
Slightly adjusted temperatures across TheIsland and TheCenter so they are more appropriate (e.g warmer in jungles, colder in water)
Additional damage and health adjustments to the Dragon, Megapithecus, and TheCenter bosses.
Fixed a case where language translation may not have properly displayed
Tooltip no longer stays when scrolling the Engram and Inventory UI
Fixed cases of Overspawn in TheCenter
Adjusted the IslandCoves PGM to make it more islandy and cove-like?
Reverted the raft change so foundations can now be stacked again on Official Servers.

Yeah I see nothing about "hey we fixed our shit so you won't constantly DC. Soon as this finishes I'll update my servers and relaunch them and hope for the best.

But. Some screen shots from testing on my center server before being kicked.

The constant fog effect. Again at 2.75 gamma

Floating rhinos /mammoths

Super wolves AWAY!!!!!

I reject your theory that salmon live in the water!
Um. Excuse me. Sir?? Sir? You're spawning the wrong way!

Edit:

So I finally made it onto Primitive Plus 14!!! I guess with the servers being down so much there was little to no food loss but I went hunting just in case. I actually play on 14 for almost two hours. Never got kicked one time. Some lag spikes & screen freezes here and there but no major issues.
My big boy gifted Rex named Dred (named after King Dred in wow & cause I've liked Judge Dredd)

This was on my Ragnarok server. Right before being DC'd.
Yes that is a megaladon going up the side of the cliff. :shock: :?

Speaking of my servers. Some really bad news. I sent a long unhappy ticket to my host about the issue. It's been
escalated to the higher ups on what to do. The only thing I think they'll be able to do is give me brand new servers. We've tried EVERY troubleshooting path they had. Multiple times even. Freaking sucks.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Must admit I have had too much tooth ache pain to even think of playing ark.. might this weekend if i feel better..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

So sorry about your tooth & you being in pain Tarn.

This situation with my servers is dire. They are closer and closer each moment to permanent shut down. :( My host encountered this glitch a few months ago but it was minute, random and seemingly fixed quickly. There is a huge bug in the taming mechanics of the game that now causes it to for the most part shut down the server. Every trouble shoot we've tried has failed. At this point my host is getting into Studio Wildcard on my behalf in the hopes anything can be salvaged. I'm very skeptical of this. They can't keep their official servers running properly! Why are they going to give a shit about mine? I'm just seriously upset & frustrated.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I just rage logged tonight. Fucking internet cut out and I go dc'd while on my argy. I was not high enough to die from falling. Finally log back in. Dead. Nothing killed me, just says I died. Fly back out on my Ptera, can't find my body. No corpse beacon like you're suppose to get now. See my argy over the river, which I was not over when I got dc'd, I was over land. Check river, nothing. Not even my loot bag.

I lost a bunch of Mastercraft items.. and a lot of purple and blues. Some can be replaced, most can't as I got them from Alphas or supply drops.

Yep. Getting real tired of your shit WC. I'm really surprised Potato actually got compensation for the dinos he lost in the roll back. He got two Tuso, a Giga, a unicorn... Maybe more. He had to complain for a month to GMs and escalate the issue.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

They updated so much that I have no room on my harddisk.. and ark is the only thing on there.....Must delete all and reinstall.. again....

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Seila - Gaw damn that SUCKS. I am so sorry. :hug:

Tarn - Sorry to hear this too. You're not missing much though. Especially if your servers are as screwed up as mine.

Speaking of my servers.
They're being taken offline. Permanently. Gotta hand it to my host. They have been EXTREMELY communicative and helpful. I guess Studio Wildcard returned back to them stating "the taming crash bug was resolved /"fixed" months ago." Basically a polite F you, were not helping you. So in about 45 minutes or less they will be taken down. This is very heartbreaking to me. I am not surprised this is the only help SW offered. *sigh*
However. My host has been amazing through all this. Very impressed. We'll see what happens.

Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Okay it's been a while for me posting some stuff in this thread so here we go! And to be honest the only issues I have with ARK now is the fact it crashes after a while as 8GB RAM isn't quite cutting it for that game as well as a few of my dinos went poof!^^; FPS issue is pretty much gone however with the following scrrenies you can imagine I soon will have FPS issues on my island as I'm rebuilding it a lot atm!

Buildings are done in a combo of vanilla only creation and S+. Trust me roofing is better off in vanilla that with S+ among things but yeah you learn a lot while building and getting grey hairs!XD Also watched a lot of youtube, though designs are similar I had to solve issues not present in the old videos so while they took me very far they didn't give me all in the end!

Mods currently in use:
Eco's decor mods (pretty much all tbh) and EcoTrees.
Planting
Structures Plus

Mods not used so far:
Platforms plus
wooden hanging bridge
viking assets

I also have mods for a few extra animals stacking and weight but yeah guess the building ones are the most important here! =)

The whole design idea is that it's all gonna be asian styled themed on one half phasing over into more tropical islandish, australian, african styled half containing the main stables. Equus are gonna get an asian styled stable and same will go for the dinos left in the old stable of mine.

To do list:

Greenhouse - probably asian styled as well
Two asian styled stables
Main house/production hall made more asian castle like....

Future plans:

Finish off the harbors around my island and make them suit the asian half and the aussie half and make them actual water pens.
Delete or remake current water pen
Add tower/temple or some sort of building to giga island?

Edit: I know the harbors aren't visible on the pictures but atm they are just ceiling on pillars on the aussie side and I haven't started construction on the asian half.
And I play singleplayer with resource droprates up a lot. I don't spawn resources/items because I mix them and so on. so it's more handy to take a break and go resource hunting! =)

Anyways enjoy! =)

Attachments
breedingpensstablesjunglezone.jpg
breedingpensstablesjunglezone.jpg (296.99 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
equusstablesold.jpg
equusstablesold.jpg (286.66 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
mainhousewip.jpg
mainhousewip.jpg (280.32 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
stablesjunglezone.jpg
stablesjunglezone.jpg (306.53 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
stablesjunglezone2.jpg
stablesjunglezone2.jpg (323.52 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
stablesjunglezone3.jpg
stablesjunglezone3.jpg (306.96 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
templegroundswip.jpg
templegroundswip.jpg (279.39 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I got my first color mutation! Guys! GUYS! Guys......

Yes, it's the neon freaking yellow like Rubble's damn Quetz. Damn you, RNG!
Attachments
FirstColorMutation.jpg
FirstColorMutation.jpg (948.56 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Love the screenshots.. still too sick to play..

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh, Tarain, it doesn't matter how much RAM you have.. ARK is terribly optimized. I have 16G on board and an 8G GPU and the game still takes a shit after about an hour-two hours of play. I think Potato said he has like 64G and STILL needs to tweak the game. He told me how to tweak startup settings and add nomanssky, lowmemory, useallcores, and one more I can't remember just to be able to play the game longer without having to constantly restart.

It's a shame because some things look terrible now(ground, trees), the sky is blindingly bright and even worse after the update a few weeks ago, but I can play...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im putting ark on the cooler until it comes out of early acces.. takes tooo much space on my computer atm.... its a shame because i like the general concept of the game but its just too silly at this point

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Just sent in a ticket complaining. Potato gave me a baby Yuty to raise. I stayed up all night into the morning making meat for my babies + the Yuty. I logged out this morning around 5:30 and she was at 9.5% maturation, inventory full of meat (which is a lot, she was level 228 and they can hold several rows of cooked meat). Logged in about an hour ago now (so 6~ hours from log out), no Yuty. Starved to death about an hour before I logged on.

So yeah, I bitched about that.. the current state of the game, the DC causing me to lose my stuff, the 272 raptor I lost due to their new poof mechanic on unclaiming...

WC is seriously running out of feet to shoot.
zedxrgal

Great SS Täräin13! Really love what you're doing.

Congratulations on the color morph finally Seila! Sorry to hear about the Yut.

Tarn - Not sure you're missing much. Sorry you're so sick.

As for me. I finally got into 14 yesterday & not a moment too soon it would seem. I have not been able to log in because of whatever server bug was happening on official Prim Plus servers. It would just time out. I get in yesterday cutting close to my stuff poofing. But the lag /screen lock was real. A certain someone's base makes it almost impossible to move. Certain others make it almost impossible to hunt with their wiping out the local wild dinos by either A) over hunting the area to where wild beasts simply cannot respawn fast enough or B) having wandering enabled setting them to aggressive and cutting them loose. If it was one dino. No biggie. But these are between 4-6 dinos, mate pairs, other dinos following the highest level. And they are high level. No less than 150. Which DECIMATES the local wild dinos. I did report this to Studio Wildcard with SS's. If you don't want a dino anymore freaking unclaim it or throw it to a troodon pack. Don't cut it lose to decimate wild dinos making it extremely hard on others to gather resources.
At this point I will probably have to move houses again just ensure I am able to hunt /berry gather to feed my brood.

Side note: This will sound rude but I really don't care what the reasoning is for the above. The server simply doesn't have the ability to recoup from a decimation like this and it can be considered resource hogging which is why on official servers you're not allow to build close to large metal nodes etc.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

In his defense, he is raising a CRAP ton of babies and needs to constantly farm meat to keep them fed.

The dinos on aggressive wander (2 rex and a saber) he thought would help cycle out low level stuff. He got tired of seeing the same things day in and day out, so they help spawn in higher level things as they wander killing. He said he would remove them if anyone had a problem with them, he just thought they would help cycle stuff.

The locking up.. yeah. I'm locking up just coming into range of my own base. They really screwed things up. Even small huts, like DEX's empty one on the river, causes a lock up...

I think you lost some stuff back at your old base. I noticed everything was gone and I knew you still had a few things there. I didn't see them by your place when I was over there earlier today claiming stuff from Randy who timed out.

Edit:
GOT A BLUE! It's the really bright blue... almost eye hurting, but hey. Now to get a better belly color. (It's red, almost looks black because he's so small.)
Attachments
BlueAlloBoy.jpg
BlueAlloBoy.jpg (904.37 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Been piddling around on my own homehosted server abit now and then.

Alpha Mosasaur

got alittle cramped ..

And I've been piddling around on a Scorched Earth server, the map is challenging but great fun.

Attachments
20170721161915_1.jpg
20170721161915_1.jpg (87.19 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
20170721161800_1.jpg
20170721161800_1.jpg (231.94 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
20170721130550_1.jpg
20170721130550_1.jpg (106.37 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
20170724165425_1.jpg
20170724165425_1.jpg (259.19 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
20170724165434_1.jpg
20170724165434_1.jpg (197.89 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
20170724165332_1.jpg
20170724165332_1.jpg (252.61 KiB) Viewed 16657 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal

Seila - If it was an isolated incident I wouldn't have said anything. But it wasn't. Regardless. I said my piece. But. CONGRATULATIONS on the blue! That is definitely bright. lol I figured my stuff over by you would poof which was fine and intended but thank you. :hug: It was a bunch of dodos (I mean like 14 of em), my low level stego and some things like that no one seemed to want. I figured if they did they'd be claimed or poof. Tis all good.

Nef - Gaw dang that Mosa is HUGE. I keep forgetting how big they are when in alpha. I'll have to post a screen shot of a tamed alpha raptor I spawned on single player next to a regular raptor. It's a :shock: moment for sure. :lol: