Ark: Survival Evolved

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Rawr »

We will be wiping the server on the 22nd, Wednesday, for the Redwood/Titansaur update. Here is my new baby, not sure what to name him yet. :hug:
Image :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I'm wiping the server for the redwood/titansaur in like 45 min. Should be up in an hour if they stop pushing the release time back. :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

They pushed it back to 5:15 EST US, thats 2 hours from now so Im doing this in the morning. :| :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

The server is up and running but it seems the Redwoods will be added later as they are still working on them, everything else is great tho :D :mrgreen:

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

Anyone hosting a server thats PVE - or if its Pvpve *Id like to not have things destroyed or dinos killed*
No battleye *i know its supposed to be for anti hack but it takes hours on end to log into a server and it kills the fun with wasting an hour to get on - Yes it took me 1-2 hours to log on a server..* + has these mods

Bridges - Redwood anywhere - Stairs Mod with Rounded Walls v.4.2 - Valhala or The center - ORP2 - Offline Raid Protection v08.11.16.23 *If its pvpve* - Scorched Earth Tabula Rasa *or the dlc* - No battleye

dosent matter where as long as its not 250-300 ping

I have been meaning to play ark but i cant find servers that has little or uses usefull mods - all ive come across was 10-20 mod servers that take 2years to login - or just plain stupid with mods that either dont work or breaks the game - little to no players from spending a full day, night with no activity.

I live in australia but i can handle some american servers - as stated above i can handle 100-150ping but anything over is a no go -

but yea id like to get back into playing ark again, its just finding a server - i play solo because of no active servers. The old server i played on had to be taken down due to the admins being broke or couldnt keep it up for any longer so im stranded XD

page me on FR because im either on wow brainlessly or on steam 50% of the time - i check fr most occasions
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

nvm :D figured it out heh

All i need to know how to set a private password on our server. Can only put admin password. And i font eant others to join us.

Ohh and how to turn off my characters grunting noises..man they are annoying lol

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Oh man do I enjoy Ark! I decided to get back into it the other day after a number of months off, considering the DLC was half price I nabbed that, and I've just been messing around on single player. I've installed a load of mods so it take like... 10 minutes to load up my world xD but it's been a lot of fun. Managed to get the Scorched Earth creatures to spawn on the Island via mod, and combined with a mod that adds every color to every* dinosaur, I have discovered the BEST and CUTEST thing ever.

The nametag isn't showing, but the pink one is Espeon. I'm gonna get every eeveelution, that is my first major goal.

( * That is the mods intention, but considering they have to add the colors to a few dinos at a time, and the rate the developers come out with new dinos, only about half of them actually spawn in rainbow colors. The rest still have their natural colors. )
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm slowly getting back into ARK. Turns out one of my old WoW friends co-leads a large tribe on a fairly popular unofficial server. She invited me to join them. It's been a bit awkward since I have nothing and I'm used to being max level with all the bells and whistles. The Purlovia is amazing though. We were testing their ambush and it scared the crap out of me.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'm really considering buying this game tomorrow but. There are mostly bad reviews. Is it really that bad? Do you really bust your arse to get things only to be raided, and subsequently wiped of everything by a tribe from another world?
Everyone is complaining about that even on PVE realms. That their whole world gets decimated by mega tribes
That does not sound like fun to me. I really want this game but not at the expense of my hard work and sanity.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Thats only Official servers that seem to have those problems, Im on a PvE server with only like 8 people. :D :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I play on a undedicated server with hubby. If i click private match its only him and me on there which is good.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Bad reviews about stuff like that definitely come from official servers - especially after an update that occurred a few months ago, which allows you to transfer characters + dinos between servers. People were power levelling on one server, then coming over to newer servers and preventing everybody else from even getting set up. But that problem is entirely avoided on singleplayer/private servers!

I would say the one thing I dislike about the game is the load times. It's pretty un-optimized, so if you stick even a couple of mods on there the load times skyrocket. It takes me about 10-15 minutes on average to load up my singleplayer map from the time I hit start. Some people claim waiting a half hour plus.

I'd say if you've got a decent machine, a few hours to play every once in a while, and you love games that frequently add new content, go for it! It's a really fun game once you get into it. If you're running on a toaster, only have short periods of time to play, or don't care for developers that care for releasing content over bug-fixes, it may not be your cup of tea.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I wait max 10 min to start up.. often less. The one thing which is a tad annoying is that as the host of the undedicated server i have to type in name and admin password and click the private match everytime i run the game.. but other than that its decent. It lags sometimes A LOT.. and sometimes it crashes.. though not a lot i would say.

ohh and i wish i could turn the blood all the way off. I want to chop dinomeat without it looking like bloody gore all over.. specially on the large dinos.. but too much... so for now i just kill small dinos :P

Also tad annoying that i cant play a solo game with one char and have a hosted game with hubby with another char.. but i can live with that

ohh rawr which way to move the slider to avoid ANY buidling decay.. to 0 or to 3?

and same with distance with host .. move to 0 or 3 if i want hubby and me to be as far apart as possible?

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Tarn if you run the Primitive+ conversion mod there is an engram called a Fall Trap and bait engram you can gather lots of meat with no blood or gore. Just make sure to use some meat to make more bait :D There is also a fish trap that requires bird meat turned into bait.

0 should make no decay and 3 for more distance :hug: :mrgreen:

zedxrgal

I can handle most AAA title games on ultra on my laptop (GTX GEFORCE 970M) so I wouldn't suspect this would be too different.
I may just wait a while then. This game looks wonderful but I'm leery about spending $20-30 on something I won't like since it's being offered as a bundle for like $20 or so. I'm in California though and don't exactly fancy playing games alone.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

its on sale now... for 9 euro!!

Rawr - meat is actually not a problem. I set my food consumption all the way down... just to be sure that i can survive with berries only.. but still need leather, chitin and keratin :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

BEEEEEP BEEEP insert swear words here.. I´ve been playing on a non dedicated server alone with a click in private match.... but i cant invite husband... how on earth do i do that? hubby cant see our server at all grrrrrrr figured it out.. but MAAAAN why does it have to be so complicated :(

Also fast travel between beds get rid of all your inventory... siigh.. Wish they get rid of that

zedxrgal

Still haven't bought it yet. More questions from the peanut gallery. I know I can "return" the game if I don't like it. Steam is pretty cool about that. But. Is it "safe" to play on one of their PVE servers or should I group on someone else's? How does that work?

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Define "safe" as this a game with T-Rex, raptors, and Carnotaurs. Half my day is doing this:
Image :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Zed i would run my own server to start with.. and click private match so you can only have friends join. I got my settings set so super eazy that the game isnt a problem now.. i have explored only a tiny bit of the map and im lvl 46 :D

if you want to grp with someone else.. have them invite you to their server. shift + tab to get to steam

also tiny rant.. stupid flying stuff soo hard to hit.. mosquitoes are SUPER annoying lol