Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

My collection so far.. minus the raptor because i accidental killed it (Friendly fire is THE stupidest thing EVER!)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I did finally get in. Rawr is like ....................... good luck. Managed to actually kill a level 24 salmon on my level 4. lol He was yummy. And then only to die later by trying to get to a loot box? Some glowing green box. Little did I know there was piranha in the river. :oops:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Piranhas are bad! F12 for screenies btw. Grats on getting in!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Is that a toad mount Tarn? :shock:

Edit: Sarcosuchus!!! *drools*
Last edited by zedxrgal on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Tarn you can turn off friendly fire.

"[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
bPvEDisableFriendlyFire=true
PvEDisableFriendlyFire=true

Throw that in the saved -> config -> windowsnoeditor game.ini file and you -should- be set. If your .ini already has other stuff in it, you can ignore the first line. It works for both myself and my partner so best of luck to you!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 201546196/"

Maybe try that? Since you're hosting the server from your machine, the config file should be in your Steam directory > steamapps > common > ARK > ShooterGame > Saved > Config > WindowsServer.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

That is a toad mount yes :-D bril lupen! Thx so much. I go add it in later today!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Lupen do you know why my game.ini file always go blank after i end the game. I put it in there where i start up but i have to do it at every start up. Not a huge deal but still kinda silly. Is the b at the beginning of PvEDisableFriendlyFire=true (first line) a typo or does it need to be tehre? the b that is

also how on earth do i acces my dino dossiers? i cant anything in my profile.. is it because i use cheats to tame/engramms?

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Someone said to try quitting steam completely (close everything steam related with task manager), then edit the .ini and save it. If that doesnt work maybe try some of the other solutions here? https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 191559150/

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

zedxrgal wrote:I did finally get in. Rawr is like ....................... good luck. Managed to actually kill a level 24 salmon on my level 4. lol He was yummy. And then only to die later by trying to get to a loot box? Some glowing green box. Little did I know there was piranha in the river. :oops:
In this game... pretty much treat every body of water as if it has a piranha in it... Chances are it does.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

zedxrgal

So far I have about a 6 minute load screen trying to get in. I've read it's much higher for others.
I'm still very partial though. I would just start to do really good and SOMETHING would just have to happen and wipe me out. Several times I'd be either mining or chopping a small tree and would be instantly killed by some dino that was not there like at all before I started. I stayed very close to the beaches because the dinos there were slim and none usually or extremely passive. I would walk just to where the jungle met the sand, start my task then be killed by a level 98+. Just bold red letters saying "You were killed by". :( I mean. Did I at level 5 mine /chop /punch up a level 120 dino?

On a side note. I have a pet dodo. I'm a horrible person because I truely meant to kill her and eat her. Little did I know punching her led to me chasing her down the beach, arms flailing thinking this meal wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. She collapsed to the ground all limp and unconscious. :? I stood there a dumbfounded & slightly alarmed. I interacted with her small-ish body and noticed I could give her things. I gave her a bunch of berries. Like. All my berries. The guilt was killing me. I noticed a gold bar showing I was taming her. :shock: She hopped up a very short time later. I named her Bella. Now what do I do with her??? What happens if I die? Does she run away???

Another thing. There is clearly no honor or chivalry amongst dodos. There was two of her brethren who saw the whole thing and didn't lend a claw to help.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Dodos are such cowards xD They'll see one of their kind in trouble and all run away. I suppose I can't blame them, we did make their kind go extinct once before.
Tamed dinos won't run away if you die, but if a wild carnivore kills you chances are it will go after your pet next. Another carnivore or even a high levelled herbivore can probably hold its own until you get back to it and your body, but something like a dodo... well, maybe the carnivore will be too stuffed to move after it's eaten both of you!
Dodos are really worth little more than egg-and-poop farms. Eggs are pretty nutritious for you and some dinos, and poop can be turned into fertilizer for your crops (although, I personally think crops take waaaaaaay too long to grow to be worth it.)
Of course, they do have a few more uses....
Bio-weapon: Because they can carry Swamp Fever and are able to transmit it to other players, a sick Dodo can make for a great primitive source of Bio-warfare to weaken an enemy Tribe. Simply set it to wandering and then drop it into an enemy base and watch it lower the combat stats of your enemies. (Level up Movement Speed.png Movement Speed)
Walking Bomb: C4 can be attached to a dodo in large quantities and the dodo can be set to wander, then air dropped into an enemy tribe's base. If the dodo is attacked by aggressively defending dinos, the C4 goes off and kills it, same with any player that attempts to melee the dodo. If the dodo is shot and killed, you simply have to detonate. If nobody stops the dodo, you can detonate it at your leisure.
Alarm: putting a dodo on aggressive and placing it in your base could make a good alarm because any raiders that make it in your base will have to kill it thus alarming you on your screen while on trips away from home.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Press J for your dodo to follow you arrow. U to make it stand still.. sort of. You can use E to pick it up and throw it ... not sure why its good but its fun.. i have a whole team of dodos which i use for bowling :P (also tremendous fun to set a dodo to not follow.. swim out, and throw it at a megladon and then just swim like mad home while the megladon eats your dodo

when you hover your mouse over your dino and hold E in you can see a varierty of options. Like wander, aggressive, passive etc. The south zone 1 is the savest one to start at from what ive read. we started there and had no death so far. .. beside being trampled to death by a longneck .If you want to respawn at another location just kill youself and press the new spawn point. I can highly recommend trying out south zone 1

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Specifically, J and U make all nearby tamed dinos follow/stop following you. If you want just one specific dino to follow you, you can look at it and press T/Y for follow and un-follow. F is also a nice button, it lets you directly access other things inventories. So, say, if you have a fireplace full of wood and it tells you that pressing E will light the fire, pressing F will let you go into the fireplaces inv. instead so you can add more/take out all that lovely wood! It also lets you get into your dinos inventories while riding them.

Tarn! I don't know if you had yet found a way to turn off blood effects in game, but if not I was looking around and I found a line in the GameUserSetting.ini that says bNoBloodEffects=false. I'm not 100% certain because I haven't tested it, but i think if you change the false to true and save the ini file, it should turn off blood effects.

And one last thing! I discovered a few interesting mods on the workshop, two very nice ones are called SuperSpyglass and Death Recovery Mod.
SuperSpyglass lets you create a Spyglass/Magnifying Glass combination that can zoom in and out, and you can see not just the level but also the stats of dinos from a distance.
And Death Recovery Mod lets you build a gravestone that can recover your items from faraway bodies. Super useful if you're like me and do stupid things like installing increased difficulty and new creature mods and then try to tackle them on singleplayer xD
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh i am going to test that Kirra!!

I added a Stegosaurus and a Trike to my collection today. A Stego is SUPER Slow.. but a FABULOUS berrie gatherer! The Trike i just got for my later achivements

any tips to super lvl a dino?

Also my dossier still not working ... i wonder if its because i use the admin cheats :P -anyone tested this?

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

They replaced the dossier system with the survivor notes. Those you have to find on your own by exploring the map.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh thx :-D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

meet a spinosaurus today... luckily it was only lvl 1... but huuuuge teeths!!

question.. im lvl 68 and my husband still isnt in the game yet.. when he comes in is there a lvl-difference mathingie which makes him/me get less xp when we go around together

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Is the carnos arm a bug.. or intentionally? they look stupid! and make HUGE stomping noises!

(yup i got a lot of questions.. Such a newbee :P)

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Nope, they were just born weird that way :lol:
Image :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Kirrandria wrote:Tarn! I don't know if you had yet found a way to turn off blood effects in game, but if not I was looking around and I found a line in the GameUserSetting.ini that says bNoBloodEffects=false. I'm not 100% certain because I haven't tested it, but i think if you change the false to true and save the ini file, it should turn off blood effects.
Sadly this did not work... the blood really bothers me.. its such a turn off that i have not fully explored the game yet. I got my lvls by chopping wood and gathering resources...Its such a shame that the blood is soo goorey.. its splatter way way way too much when you fight and chop them up.. and the larger the worse is it.. I might want to give up this game because i cant do anything due to the blood