Ark: Survival Evolved

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Wain »

Well, that escalated!

Please keep it civil, folks. You've all expressed your annoyance at (and disagreements about) at a personal conflict, but now please avoid further personal recriminations on the issue. If you think someone has done something against game rules, leave it to those game mods.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Screenshots because ........................ yeah

Pregnant saber:

The cub. Was so tiny and so cute.

Ornery cub

My saber on Ragnarok immediately after taming. Forgot the saddle.

And my pride and joy on Scorched Earth. Yes that's an alpha wyvern. Yes I force tamed this one. No regrets no matter how bugged she is.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

zedxrgal

I decided it was time to mod one of my servers and since Annunaki Genesis got a huge update and I've always wanted to play it. I wiped a server and excitedly got it loaded and was not disappointed. It's STUPID HARD but I'm already in love with it. Seeing all the amazing colors. All the vicious beasts.
THE BABIES!!!!
I didn't make it very far before having to log out.
But here's what I got.

I actually survived the swim to herbo island (where I am thinking of settling) and saw this most adorable anky.

Random wild black /purple ptera and a golden dodo. I was advised by a friend to DO NOT mess with the golden dodos. Supposedly they're super OP.

More scary exploring on foot & found a alpha dodo. My survivor is quite tall and standing up. Thing still towered over me.

I'm really excited to continue looking around. Although exploring (kind of like regular Ark) was met with a multitude of deaths, poisonings, set ablaze, frozen, chased, gored, bitten, stung and slashed. :lol: Ah!!! Good times good times.

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I *may* have gotten carried away ..

I whent out to look for a doed .. I found one allright

and much more ..

stuff of nightmares o.o
Attachments
20170823182757_1.jpg
20170823182757_1.jpg (339.64 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
20170823145757_1.jpg
20170823145757_1.jpg (159.41 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
20170823182831_1.jpg
20170823182831_1.jpg (168.45 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
20170823183237_1.jpg
20170823183237_1.jpg (369.69 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
20170823182844_1.jpg
20170823182844_1.jpg (283.48 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
20170823205105_1.jpg
20170823205105_1.jpg (237.63 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Moar

Badass ice ptera

Alpha spino

Elite Meso
Attachments
20170823225425_1.jpg
20170823225425_1.jpg (164.11 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
20170823223627_1.jpg
20170823223627_1.jpg (244.82 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
20170823225347_1.jpg
20170823225347_1.jpg (162.14 KiB) Viewed 14789 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Back when I played I always played with Annuarki genesis. Its a fun and challenging mod

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

zedxrgal: My goodness, that wyvern is amazing! :shock: :o

But seriously, I love to stalk this forum and look at all the amazing SSs. It really makes me wish I had enough time for this game, but sadly WoW eats up all my free time. So I'll just live vicariously through all of you. ;)

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

zedxrgal

Ashaine - Sadly I do not have her anymore. She was super low level and was killed. Didn't matter much though since all my servers were wiped recently anyway to make way for mods. But thank you!! I really hope to find one again & cheat to get it. I was seriously in love with that wyvern in spite of her bugs.

Tarn - Challenging is not the word I'd call it. :lol: Horrid epic torture of greatness maybe. :lol:

Attention Official server players:
As we have previously mentioned in July, today marks the beginning of the process of removing our lower population ARK servers on PC, Xbox, and PS4. Here is a quick breakdown on how this process will work.

Taking Down Low Pop Servers
These lower population servers make up about 33% of the existing online servers, with calculations based on sustained player-count as well as popularity of game mode. These servers will be taken offline and be re-purposed for new, fresh servers that will be put up on launch day. Any existing server that is not considered a low pop server and is not taken down will become a Legacy server.

Legacy servers will remain on a separate cluster from the new cluster, which means you will not be able to transfer anything between Legacy servers and the new servers.

How To Move Servers
If you are unfamiliar with the process, you are able to upload your items, creatures, and player through the Obelisk terminal, supply drops, as well as the Tek Transmitter. Survivors are advised to use Cross-ARK immediately to relocate their belongings onto a server that is not included in our take-down list above.

Server-wide Blackout
Our Official Server Network will be taken down at 12:00AM ET on August 29th and will remain down for approximately 8 hours, with our official servers coming back online at 8am ET. During this time we will be going through the process of removing all servers outlined in this post and re-purposing them into a new cluster, completely separate from all Legacy servers. The Legacy servers and all the new servers will come back online after that time.

Important Customer Support Legacy Information
When the current servers become Legacy servers on the 29th, we will no longer offer Customer Support to these Legacy servers. All outstanding tickets to our Customer Support team will be wiped clean on launch day, and no future tickets submitted by those playing on Legacy servers will be accepted. Going forward our Customer Support team will be focused on assisting those present on the new cluster, which will not be plagued by many of the issues that occurred during the Early Access process. Unfortunately it is beyond the scope of our operation to continue to offer support on Legacy servers at this time.

Do note that this is for Customer Support only, which is the process of submitting a ticket through our support system. Legacy clusters for PS4 and for Xbox will still be receiving Ragnarok servers. Legacy servers will also receive all of the same fixes and content that the new cluster will.

Allocation of New Servers
We know you are all very curious about this, but we don’t have this information ready to share quite yet. What I can tell you is that we plan to continue to support all current existing game modes in some capacity, so you won’t lose access to your favourite way to play the game. In the beginning we will be mainly focusing our efforts on strictly PVP and PVE servers on all maps, but will allocate servers to the other game modes based on their popularity.

Server Saves of Deleted Servers
We will make the save files available as soon as we can, which will likely be sometime before Saturday. We will host these files which anyone can download and then you are welcome to re-host the save file for your own use. We'll include a link to where you can download server saves in this post when they are available.

To those affected by the move, we apologize greatly. This moving process will not be easy, but it is a necessary step towards our official launch. We have learned a lot throughout our Early Access adventures. Throughout our ups and downs, you’ve stood by our side and continued to support us during our growing pains and mess ups which is why we wanted our players to have the ability to keep as much progress as they can while still moving forward with a plan that will improve the game overall. We are committed to monitoring the health of this new cluster with our new ddos mitigation and changes to the transfer system (both of which will also be present on the Legacy servers), which will no doubt improve the official online playing environment.

We look forward to fostering a fair and fun community with the beginning of our brand new ARK cluster on launch day. We very much appreciate your support of ARK through its Early Access process.

You can find the full kill list HERE!
Original article HERE!

If anyone plays on official make sure you read the list!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The hardest "dino" in annuarki i always felt was the poison drake and the dragon. .the poison drake knocks you out soo fast and the dragon is insanely op

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

So far I've not encountered any of the wyverns or drakes. I have encountered a warden. Big huge sarco with a top hat. Whom decimated me and all I held dear in one bite when I first started playing. This morning though while STILL trying to find a place to build my base I got my first beat down by a roving pack of vicious zomdodos. THEY WERE LEVEL 600 & HAD A PACK BONUS! It's a scary thing when a dodo takes you and you low level flyer out in a single peck. I FINALLY got another flying (low level) & resumed my search. Saw a gorilla & it would appear I was too close because it rand over & smashed my ptera (insta-kill) then came after me. I got pinned between some rocks and thought he couldn't reach me. Ah being smashed to a bloody pulp and having to respawn.
If a pack of zomdodos and a boss gorilla are this strong I'd REALLY hate to see the wyverns /dragons. :lol:

zedxrgal

Some more screen shots. Still from the AG server.
I am almost constantly amazed and what can be passively tamed with this mod.
My elite dodo Pepto. He is the bestest. Just fed him a bunch of mejoberries and he was mine. Although he almost died three times getting him back to my base.

Badass fire drake

Regular dragon. These are a passive tame that are only supposed to be level 600 but I was able to tame one and she was no where near 600 in level so I am not sure if the mod has been changed or not. No matter.

All the vanilla creatures seem to spawn EXCEPT gigas. I went to all the usual island haunts for gigas and nothing. Though I did see the gigantic warden that's like a shadowy-purple giga. And even regular alphas are extremely rare.
I forced a respawn of wild dinos through my host hoping that fixes it. I guess though gigas are chumps now compared to the wardens, bosses, dodorexes.

Edit:
Right then. So it would seem forcing a wild dino respawn did make things properly respawn for the most part. However.
What it did seem to cause was the spawning of some sort of monster predator called an Apex.
Here's what it says about Apex's.
Apex : The Ultimate Original Alpha counterparts. They excel in every aspect of their Alpha version. These are Hardcore Challenges only for the ultimate survivors and require a team and strategy to take down. Always keep a watchful eye for these abominations of nature.

I left really quick to get a yellow beacon came back and there it was. Level 600 Apex Carno. Decimating pretty much everything that wasn't a stupid high level which was mostly everything. Poor Pepto didnt stand a chance. I entered the cheat command to force a tame in a desperate panic. It's name turned green the it dissolved into nothingness. I lost both my sarcos, a diloph, a anky, argent, raptor, compy and I died 5 times. My two theriz miraculously lived. One had only 75 health the other 160-ish.
I don't know if it spawned in or fell in (I'm based at the hidden lake). I've seen a lot of thing spawn there by the ruins but supposedly these aren't supposed to.
I logged out not feeling much like playing and trying to recoup dino /gear losses. Everything that died were all baby passive tames I worked hard to get. Except the anky & compy. Freaking sucks.
RIP dear Pepto!

zedxrgal

Two screen shots from last night. Still on my Annunaki Genesis server. LOTS of hiccups last night because of the incessant updates being pushed out before the big one today. Lot of lag spikes & rubber banding which never happened before last night.
It caused me to run into this .......................... monster.
Meet Primordius, the Celestial.
This guy is an end game boss. Level 600 that's only supposed to show up when a player on the map reaches level 100 so I'm not too sure why exactly he appeared. He and the other celestial are passive tames but you have to have defeated all the wardens & craft a celestial specific matrix to feed them.
Since I have not downed a warden (probably will never happen) I cannot get the matrix. But that is not before lag made me literally fly right into him which he did not take kindly to. Got only two screen shots before he one shotted my very hard earned drake. I went tumbling to the ground not even sure how I survived the fall. This guy completely ignored me after killing my drake and just went on his merry way.
I raced the hell out of the area though.
Frankly I do not care for the model at all. With luck I may actually see the other celestial which is a black /red fiery dodorex.

I probably won't get back into Ark tonight. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday when things have ................................. stabilized.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I know its possible to kill a warden without other players.. its hard as they hit like a truck, wyvernes and gigas are your key to it

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/file ... 251640778/

zedxrgal

Thanks Tarn. Yeah that'll take time to do then. So far I've not seen a wild giga of any level. Not a wyvern either. By reading what's posted on the Steam community it will take several max level (pre tame) gigas and /or wyverns just to take down a single warden. I've never seen either.
I'm in no rush to tame either the wardens or the celestials. The celestial dodorex is badass looking but just meh. It's only myself and a few others on the server and so far everyone's focus just seems to be on a specific creature.
But thank you!!! I'll for sure keep it in mind.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

You cant tame wardens :D only kill them. If you try to forcetame a warden it just go POOOF the celestial dodorex breaks the game sometimes.. you cant even get near it due to its "aura" ..its just stupid.. I dont like Primordius looks either.. he´s just.. meh...

zedxrgal

Oops I totally worded that wrong. I meant tame only the celestials. I know the wardens aren't tamable. :hug: I haven't played since my poor wonderful Buggers was killed by Primordius. Maybe I'll play tonight. Maybe.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I havent played since I started Rising World :P

zedxrgal

NEXT EXPANSION ANNOUNCED!!!

Not a whole lot of information but there's a video and a lot of screen shots!

ARK: ABERRATION EXPANSION PACK ANNOUNCED!

Says October 2017. I may have to convert a server to this! All the hype.

Be advised though:
Aberration will be available as a standalone expansion pack ($19.99).

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Wow they come a long way away from the dino/survival stuff towards more magical and fantasy things.. and adding humanoids you need to fight.. ...... meh.. prob wont return to ark

zedxrgal

From the look the humanoid creatures seem to be an end game minion. While I understand your position having different options and worlds are what keep a game alive these days.
At least SW seems to be legitimately trying to fix issues before Aberration's launch. I usually log into Steam with a IM saying another update was pushed out. While annoying have to update daily almost doesn't brother as much as it used to because the players on my servers are reporting stuff actually being fixed.

FYI for anyone on petopia still playing the Phoenix officially launched on Scorched Earth servers.