Ark: Survival Evolved

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Moved some of my larger residents to their new home.

Attachments
20170520112516_1.jpg
20170520112516_1.jpg (318.92 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
20170520113335_1.jpg
20170520113335_1.jpg (260.47 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Love those pretty big dinos!!

I got my full camo gear :D

Dyed the bears saddle.. I went with black saddle for the white and visa versa. Though i feel that bears is REALLY slow. mine got 300 % movement speed but even on sprint it takes a long time before they start being fast.. not sure these are permanents pets for me. Though they do get lemon from bushes and shrubs...

Close up on Clawdia

aaand finished the production hall..The walls are half stone, half glass to give some light. Foundation and door of wood, and ceiling of thatch. I might put a roof on it at some point so it does not look so squary. but next project is to get a house for hubby and me with Rp interior :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Ok so in a drug induced cold /flu fog I did the ONE THING I did not intend on doing. I moved dinos that we claimed from S.I.R. to the new mega base. I really wanted to leave them all at the old base till we decided who goes where. I think the old base should be kept as overflow for extras and /or to pay it forward dinos and gift to new comers either in our tribe or to the server. So soon as I get back on today I'll be shuttling them back over. The ONLY one I won't be is the crazy male ptera that gave Seila & I such fits she couldn't get away from him fast enough. He reminds me SO MUCH of my former ptera Psycho (she was exactly like him hence her name. Actually she was worse) it was instant love for me. I named him Basket Case. :lol: So yeah. Moving them back once I log on.

Nef - May I use your flat raft to move my sarcos??? I don't want to lose my precious sarcos to water creatures or try and land move them. Unless someone wants to help me build another raft?

Tarn - I love it!!! Sadly I still haven't seen feathers on our Prim+ server so I cannot make that camo armor. And speedy bears seem to only happen on bred bears. At least on our server. One of the tribes are big time wolf /bear breeders. Their wolves specifically are built or speed /agility. So maybe trying breeding? I know there are mods out there to heavily boost egg /baby maturation times that you could use. Clawdia! Love the name. Love the production hall too.

Edit: Just a thought. I reckon ALL the water creatures are being moved. So. I was thinking (again cold /flu brain so may be a dumb idea) that once they are gone demoing Nef's water paddock beyond the water line and just leaving my tiny one. This will clear up that water space so there won't be people who do not have protected rafts forced out into deep water. Thoughts? I don't see us really taming anymore water creatures and if we do there's more than enough water space at the mega base to take them too anyway.
Last edited by zedxrgal on Sat May 20, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Actually its not made from feathers.. but from polymers ... kill penguins and harvest them with a club then you get them. The armor is called Ghillie :D not the best protection but it gives you a sneak ability which I like and can use until We get chitin or flak

Item description :

Strands of Organic Polymer cause this to disperse heat and keep you cool. Camouflage keeps you more hidden from enemy creatures. Provides moderate physical protection, but less than Chitin.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti

sure thing Zed, feel free to borrow it whenever you need.

demolishing the water pen at the old base is fine by me.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

On Prim+ servers Ghillie is tweaked a bit. It requires Feathers in place of the Polymer. At the current time, there are no known sources for Feathers so the armor is uncraftable.

One of the many things I need to do yet is make a transport raft. I have a trapper, which needs some reworking, parked at the fork north of our base, or west of the new one.

I placed a bunch more walls and fence foundations to finish off some areas. The water gate on the south still needs a few walls to be appropriate height. I'm also not sure if the spike walls are working as a Diplo somehow got in on the west side. Could have just been a case of walls not loading.

I nearly killed myself trying to spear down a spiked wall that was in my way. I couldn't demolish it, so I poked it with my spear. I didn't realize that even hitting it from max range was causing me damage until my armor broke. It makes no sense, what-so-ever, but yes... even poking it with a spear from a distance you take damage and so does your armor. I had to stop a couple times to wait on health regen. Got it out of my way and finished the wall.
zedxrgal

Yeah Diplo's and Bronto's can walk over the spiked walls but it definitely hurts them bad. Which I'm fine with. I don't care about any herbo's being in the cove. Just predators. I killed a carno last night just behind Nef's new home. I don't know if it spawned in there or what. Was only level 55 but still. Any herbo is just less distance we'll have to travel to hunt. :lol:

I am just a little bit burnt out on build right at the moment. :lol: Would rather just pilfer Nef's transport raft till I feel motivated to make a second.

Nefretiti

I'll trade you the use of mine for borrowing your taming boat on occation :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Without Ghillie armor.. how do you get honey? Dont you get damage when the bees sting you? Only wearing ghillie armor makes them not sting you as far as I know?

zedxrgal

In Prim+ we have Bee Apiary's that produce honey. Honestly I am not even sure queen bees are tamable on Prim+. :oops:

Also. Nef /Seial. Are either of you able to make a Sarco saddle? I saw that Sigma has a saddle on one of their sarcos. I am wondering how in hades they got it. I don't see an engram for it and it's supposed to be learnable at like level 35.

Nefretiti

I can't .. I'm not sure how they have saddles on their sarcos .. drop from beacons perhaps

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ahhh so primitive plus produces honey in a totally different way than the others.. good to know :D

Finally got a hold on a bronto.. meet Stumpy. He is ONE big dino!!

might color him in later.. but atm i am installing the annuarki mod again.. the beacon drops are just so MEH with out it..

Nefretiti

two new little friends.

Attachments
20170520233555_1.jpg
20170520233555_1.jpg (316.3 KiB) Viewed 2891 times

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I'm not home to check, but I imagine they made it before it got bugged/removed, or the best bet would be beacon. I might have one actually... or a blueprint. Check my construction table for my misc blueprints. My smithy has weapons/work tool blueprints. If it's just a saddle it would be in a random box in my house.
zedxrgal

Love the big Bronto boy Tarn. Like his colors.

I pilfered your raft Nef to move my Sarco's and the whole thing was hilarious. I got them placed on there so perfectly! Disabled following on them. Took off and there was a shuffling of bodies. Two of them moved to the right side of the raft. Piled on each other! Tails hanging over the side! :lol: I wasn't about to try and move them in the ocean so I just proceeded home. They made it easy to get through the gate.

Well the sarco saddle must be from before or something. On the wiki it doesn't say it's even a beacon drop.

In the short time I was on I got a lot more moved. I only have my shark, iguanadons,
blue doed and my coop and compys. My shark I'll probably move with the 240 sarco girl as guard dog and just move as fast as possible. That will come late tonight or tomorrow. :) I may try to hide the 240 sarco girl. Keep her. :oops: She and I have a history.

Oh. And one more thing. If you ladies see eggs in my base feel free to snatch them up if you don't already. I'm happy to help with the kibble cause.

Edit: So I fibbed. I looked again & just saw that purple beacons have a rare chance to drop a sarco saddle. Maybe that's where Sigma got it. That's the one and only sarco saddle I've seen.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well, after much deliberation, I finally decided where to build my house on the hill. I wanted it to over look the bay/inlet, but the Explorer's Note ruins with all the dead bodies in it really detracts from that area... (I totally took the dead bodies and dropped them over the cliff down by the cave... I'm terrible, I know.. but they've been there for weeks!) I have the first level almost complete, but need more Lumber. I really hate how Lumber Walls are randomly generated. Each one randomly selects which way the beams will be and it bothers me to no end. To me, it's the best looking house material, but I can't stand the randomness of it. I wish they were all the same pattern, or if they had varying patterns, you could just hit E to flip it between the two sides/patterns. Anyway. I think I might do the second floor in all Glass Lumber Walls. First floor I'll have my living area, second floor maybe my work area. I'm not entirely sure yet. Maybe I'll change it in the future as I see more building ideas from others, or just play with it.

I just don't know what I'm going to do with my dinos. Am I just going to let them stand around on the hills? I wanted to build stables for my Raptors, which I might still do, but the slopes might make that a bit difficult. My little Dodo coop was my tester idea for stables. Basically, much larger version of that with individual stalls for each Raptor. I had a bit of an idea in my head, so maybe I'll just start laying things and see how it turns out.

I think I'll put my green house on the beach close to the water so I can run the pipes to it. That or I could always just make those reservoirs for it. I'd still need the pipes, but wouldn't need to put it so close to the water. Maybe that can go on the hill with the ruins.

I was tempted to tame an Ichythyosaurus. There were two males in the shallows heading over to the cove. One was 45 the other was 25. The lower one had a bright blue marking on his forehead and fins which was what drew me to it. His body wasn't exactly black, but a dark grayish color. I passed it up because I hate the ocean and the poor thing would never see it if I tamed it.

So, I feel like I'm the one holding up the dino claiming thing because I haven't been on during the day lately, or much at all. I know I said I didn't really want much from the haul, so to further help this along, I took the four dinos I have interest in and lined them up along the wall between mine and Nef's base (infront of Snowball). It's a male Tapejara, that after lining the Tape's up, I decided the green on the purple female was a deal breaker for me and that I liked the tan/blue-ish male better. A female Raptor that I have a very similar one of already, so I can pass her up to anyone else if they really want her. I just wanted her because I need more females and she's pretty. A female Saber as a mate for Mortichai. Finally, a female Allo for pack bonus and mate bonus for my two boys. If anyone else was interested in those please let me know. Those are the only things out of what we got that I have interest in and everything else currently at our base from SIR can be divided between you two.

Actually.. did we finally get everything from SIR moved over? I feel like we're missing a lot yet. I know the Dimetrodons and Kairuku are missing yet.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

A quick screenie of my old base which I'm moving because.... it's too small and despite behemoth gates further down the hill side to the right, dinos still spawn just outside the first gate I made when my base was new and young. So yeah since I play singleplayer I cheated and got the teleporter to move my dinos as you guys can see I have already hoarded too many - if one can have that! XD
And why do I cheat?!

1. I had another save game I fought so hard to keep and play legit on, then ark crashed on me (apparently Ark hates GTX 770 but that's fixed now with my new GTX 1060 6 GB! =)) and I had to reinstall the game losing everything I fought so hard to build (I had like 60 game hours at that point!). =(

2. Unlike "hardcore" survival gamers I'm a total noob and I seriously lack patience to redo all things so half of my old base ended up being made from spawned materials until I tamed the right dinos and such. Aside my Doedi and Anky, all are legit non spawned tames as I got those back easier than I did with those two dinos I had in my old game!

But yeah once I have moved and build a huge base on the marked island, which still at the moment have lot of resources left, I won't use the TP again as it's just weird to me aside the fact it still annoys me I had to use the admin cheat to unlock all the engrams just to move my dinos safely. Yeah I actually liked being able to noobishly chose my crafted items! XD Maybe a mindwipe or something will undo the coding... *shrug* So atm I have access to "dinoriders" equipment aka TEK gear! XD

Ignore the circled lakes; it's the MS Paint circles in red and blue showing my new and old base locations!

Once relocated I will ofc post better pictures of all my dinos including my pride and joy the emerald-greenish female Spino I tamed yesterday evening! =D And I have yet to name most of my dinos.... The spino should have been named Sobekh.... until I realized it was a she obviously... ^^;
I'll leave my old base at the cliffside as I kinda like it a lot aside the fact dino's spawn in my "courtyard" including smaller theropods (like nasty annoyingly troodons!).

Oh and one question if anyone knows.... like I said all my dinos aside before mentioned are legit.... Doesn't the TP work on raptors?! It worked on my spawned Anky but not them and the ovis.
The ovis I don't care about as they were a spawning test I had for fun as I wanted to dabble into breeding them for mutton as well as figuring out breeding in general for later on... so far that plan failed as I'm always away from the base hunting and searching for new dinos/prehistoric animals I don't have or exploring for that matter!
Attachments
oldbase.jpg
oldbase.jpg (124.33 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
600px-The_Center_Locations.jpg
600px-The_Center_Locations.jpg (95.17 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I havent gotten as far as teleporters sadly..... so no clue. I can see you play on the center map :D I like your dino base and would love a close screenie/tour of it!

Actually I never gotten close to unlocking the tech stuff.. i started over each time.. but this time i am determine to stick with the design of the base and map i got now :lol: I dont play solo game but i do "run" my own undedicated server so hubby can play with me.

Random bable.. dont you just looooove when the game crashes and it says its due to your video card.. NO IT IS NOT... stupid steam

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I've been getting a lot of "video card has crashed" lately. It didn't start until this slew of new updates. I even updated my drivers thinking that would help, but what do you know.. still having lock up/video card cuts out but recovers. I wonder if they screwed something up.

Oh! I completely forgot to mention. I drug an unconscious person into the outer gates. I was coming back home and noticed a Troodon acting really oddly. He was spinning in tight circles over and over... so I flew closer and realized her was attacking someone who was knocked out. I slowly killed him with my Quetz and checked on the person. It looks like they're pretty new and might have dc'd. They were on the beach near the other new guys house. I didn't want to leave her out there as there were a few raptors hanging about, so I drug her inside and dropped her by Aleu's house. I figured she'd be safer there than outside the walls and wouldn't be trapped by locked doors there. If she doesn't return we can just dump her body back where I found her. lol

As for teleporters... I have nooooo idea. We play Prim+ so I don't think they even exist.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

No worries about the teleporters then as I can just make the trek with my raptors and move the Ovis whenever I tame a quetzl or a bronto and get a saddle/platform for it - assuming you can throw the sheep up there! < I don't wanna trek with a herd or weak ovis which dies when you look at them!XD pretty sure most would be dead to predators before I reach my island!

Tårn: Sure I can take some screenies of my old base showing it off more properly, just note that dinos and "furniture"/crafting items will be sparse/none existant! But like mentioned I love the location and view so I'll not tear it down and most likely I'll use it as a tempoary safe haven when roaming the middle section of the map. I even plan on leaving the remaining dilo's behind to guard it ( I assume that they'll guard it as long as they are on neutral despite standing still? or do they need to wander? Not that it matters as it's SP it's just to prevent unwanted dinos in there!)

As for videocard issue I had the same issues with my GTX 770 but my brother and the net told me that ARK apparently hates that card more than others for some reason, so I figured that it was the reason for my crashes.... not to mention it was a 2 GB. But yeah now it's upgraded to my precious MSI baby with 3 times the RAM! :D (Tbh if I had been rich my motherboard could have run one of the best cards available.... but yeah being a uni student doesn't allow for such upgrades beside this one was more economical and a lot for the price kind of deal! =) All I need now is getting new RAM blocks/more RAM at some point!=)