Ark: Survival Evolved

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So far creating a simple bed isn't simple. Every mat is easy except the hide. Dino's that I can kill seem few and far between. My level and lower are doable but anything else and it's my hide that gets skinned. :|
I'm down to one sleeping bag left and have now respawned very far from home. I also lost my pet dodo somewhere. I think the 95 raptor that took me out got him too. I was so hoping to get him home.
No screen shots from today. Today was one hellish frustration after another. After dying and losing all my hard earned hide was to much so I logged off.

Edit: I am very addicted to this game though. Even cancelling my WoW sub because of it. It's such a challenge. My actions may be simple but they drive me with fervor. I really love this game. Nerd rage inducing frustrations and all.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

It is soooo addictive. Took me forever to get to where i did not get killed all the time. Hope you find a good safe spot for your house and starts farming mats and taming stuff.
Some tips.
Bolas is your friend. Throw it at a parasaur or other skittish dinos and just go behind and kill it.
Turtles are easy to kill because they are so slow. Just kite and shoot them with a bow.

Another tip if you can manage to get 75 hide together.. build a raft.. its like a mobile home on the water. Then you can cruise on the water until you see a spot where you would like to go hunt. I dont think sharks can get on it.. but crocs and spinos might so build a little house on the raft for safety. If you get around to building your simple bed you can always put it in your house on the raft and have a mobile spawning point :D

FINALLY finished our second level... I KNOW its not every esthetic but it got a lot of room and thats what we need. Now the underwater pen needs to be bigger..

If you wonder about the armor its actually a set. If you manage to kill Prime alphas they drop something called Alpha feathers which you can use to craft a set.. but i think its only with the Annunaki Genesis mod. I watch A LOT of vidoes on tactics etc before we go out and kill/tame alphas or higher. I really like the nerd parades videos on youtube. They got A LOT of good videos. This one about killing prime alphas. They have videos way back from when it was a new game. I use their videos a lot for usefull info etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlslRRwkkpU

There is also a warden set.. but we need a bigger dino army to take a warden down.. and i belive there is a tek armor set too..

I love having my own game.. means i can download the mods which fits me and i love the challenges the Annunaki Genesis mod gives me.. gotta find a way to deal with poison drakes other than poison argentavis.. i have considered trying a gas mask :D

I also considered deleting the whole thing and starting over .. again.. but I will resist the temptation.. The location we have our base on is not perfect.. too many drakes... but now we finish this game then start a new one :D.... or just build another place.. :D gigglesnort
Last edited by Ana on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

It looks really neat and I love dinos but getting killed constantly and others beeing able to plunder your stuff on some servers ... no .. just no.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

you can always play a solo game Nef. That is what i basiclly do.. well i host an undedicated server so husband can join too.. but 90 % of the time i play alone..

husband logged in for 5 min to update the mods.. and he went invisible.. even after he had logged out.. fun bug :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti

I shelled out quite abit of cash for Mass effect Andromeda recently, and if I am to shell out £40 for this I rather play with friends.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

its sometimes (quite often) on sale.. we got it for 19 bucks each i think :D

But it you wanna play on an official server just choose a none pvp one and you should be good. As far as ive read ppl can only attack and loot your stuff on pvp

zedxrgal

Nef - I'm on a pretty low pop PVE server and have never had anything stolen. Everyone on I've met so far have been extremely nice & helpful. Just today my puny human life and homestead was in danger of complete distraction from a level 85 raptor who'd somehow become stuck in my compound. I was level 22. I called out for aid and people were immediately trying to find me in the dark of night (which is true night mind you) and a saviour came on giant feathered wings. He killed the raptor & kindly offered the body. He could have taken it. But since I started my girl this is what I've experienced. If you take the plunge and are comfortable I'll give you my Steam name and /or tell you what server I'm on.

Nefretiti

I can't afford the game right now either way, but if I do take the plunge I'll definately let you know

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Oki a noob question. In a scuba diving gear you get underwater vision.. I dont need the googles as my helmet from the alpha set has it too

But the minute i jump on my megaladon everything becomes much darker.. does a fish have less fish vision than me? :P

aaand a picture of my raft for some reason.. still need to build a house on it.. but atm building the underwater pen bigger is taking soooo much time

zedxrgal

Nefretiti wrote:I can't afford the game right now either way, but if I do take the plunge I'll definately let you know
Like Tarn says. Wait till it comes on sale through Steam. That's actually how I got the original game plus the expansions for dirt cheap. If you've a steam account add it to your wishlist if you haven't already. :hug: :)

Tarn - Cool you get a scuba suit but that visual range would /maybe make me sick. Not sure I could do that.

Today I made a lot of progress. I still have a thatch house ( :roll: ) but at least my compound now has a huge dino gate now. I finally was able to get Bella 2.0 (dodo) AND finally nabbed a Parasaur. Not to long ago I also got my Diloph replaced. New one is a male though. At least my three babies are safe and nothing (hopefully) can get in to hurt /kill them. Pegomastax's are wearing out their welcomes with me. They always seem to steal IMPORTANT items!!!! I had my revenge on a few though. :twisted:

Few screenies. Just logged for a huge patch then back in.

Oh look! Another glorious morning! I survived!

My boy finally got his saddle. He's still too little to ride (in my opinion). He was level 10 when tamed. I know he wouldn't survive an attack so in the compound he stays for a while.

And true night. No torches. No light. You can't see ANYTHING. I don't venture out at night.

More to come later.

zedxrgal

Sorry for the double post but I wanted this on it's own.

If any Petopian plays Ark or wants to I'll happily help. I'm creating a Petopian tribe. If it stays a "solo" tribe I'm completely fine with that. But I'll happily welcome others.
Please PM me and I'll send you the server I'm on. Having my Steam name may also help so I can ensure tribe entrance and that you spawn in game by me since by what I've read you have to be face to face to invite.
If it's not against game rules I'll help by giving you what I can to get you started. From there on you'll be on your own. Not trying to be mean but I feel it's important to a characters growth /learning. If you get into real trouble though I'll help. Hard to explain. Maybe. Lol I also do not have a flying mount & it appears I won't for several more levels.

I strongly suggest reading the Getting Started page on the wiki before getting started or if you're thinking of buying.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!
Ark just went on sale!!!!!! 67% off!
Survival Evolved is $9.89us.
Bundle (Evolved & Scorched Earth) is $16.73us
Offer ends April 3rd.
LINK

Nefretiti

I whent ahead and bought this since it was discounted, I'm still alittle iffy about trying it though but I likely will soon.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Just rebooted my server.. deleted EVERYTHING. and now to start over with a better plan than last time :D

zedxrgal

Nef - Welcome aboard! Take it slow. When you start that is. ;)

Tarn - You crazy woman! I couldn't even think of restarting. Granted I'm only like level 29 or 30 but oh what a journey to get this far. :lol:

Nefretiti

Thanks , I installed it but right now I barely have enough energy for ME Andromeda .. been fighting a stubborn cold for a week.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Started over.. and two brontoes at my starting point.. one of them an alpha.. must tame later.

I installed the mod medieval structures which let you have premade houses :D.. im currently farming for one with more space in.

Managed to kill the first bronto... sometimes the way the dinos die is too fun.. how can something waying so much fly like that when dead? The corpse landed in the water quite a bit away

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ohh some tip if you start your own server..

The 24 sliders you see to modify your game help:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 880353551/

for reference this is how i got my sliders :

How to increase your engram points (so you dont have to rely on others)
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 452436491/

How to do level cap at lvl 1000 for players. You need to copy the code one more time for dinos
https://arkforum.de/index.php/Thread/60 ... evel-1000/

How to turn off friendly fire:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/d ... 201546196/

If you are like me and dont like blood spatter down load this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5v6Rb ... JCWDA/view

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

If people want to find a server to play on with a Petopian Tribe, I'm all for it. I haven't played ARK in a while so I may be a bit iffy on the updates. We also still have the Discord server if we all ever wanted to chat while we play.

https://discord.gg/HJuwR

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I only play with my husband but maybe others would like to set one up.

zedxrgal

I did set up the Petopians tribe on my server. If anyone is interested let me know.

Break time for server maintenance. Hopefully I don't come back to dead dino. Already lost four to a rampaging Carno. Saved by another person on my server. Sadly only Bud surivived. Had to rebuild 90% of my compound.