Ark: Survival Evolved

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Nefretiti »

:( :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry about your raptors, this game can be so cruel at times.
I'm able to relate in some ways since I've lost several dinos I liked but I'm to darned stubborn to give up.

As for the walls .. if there are any gaps perhaps they glitched out? I don't know, there are some strange things happening in the game at times.

I whent to tame an ankylo I've had my eye on for awhile and managed to piss off her sister so now I have more than I need, if you'd like you can pick one of the two ladies I don't need. Aki is 70 something and probably would be the best choice, the other is 20ish, they do have some slight differences in appearance.
and I tamed a red and blackish Parasaur you're welcome to as well if you'd like. completely up to you though.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Yeah... even though I said I was done for the night I kept playing. I shouldn't have. Some guy was in the same position I was. Got grabbed off his mount by one of the crocs and couldn't get back to it. It was a level 117 Raptor. So I went on a man hunt to find the poor girl. I scoured the swamp he thinks he was in but couldn't find her. She was still alive, somewhere. I found a few raptors and got excited each time, but they didn't have saddles on and were wild. I was about to give up and decided to do one more tour along the shores/inland.... and I got grabbed right off my Ptero by one. I couldn't do a thing. I don't know if they keep ahold of you or what, I couldn't do ANYthing but die. I mean I didn't lose anything as I already did prior to that. I just made myself a new set of armor and a torch, pick, and axe. I did find a nice metal axe in a beacon that got lost. Thankfully, I took note of where I was before respawning close by. I ran directly north, followed the cliff line whistling and up came Dion. So it wasn't hard to find him again.

I wanted to find that poor raptor because I didn't want the poor guy to end up like me. It was gifted to him just a few hours prior and he felt terrible for it. I know how bad I felt knowing Dion was out there and I couldn't get him.

I'm just going to work on my base, so the Anky would be lovely. I need a bit of Iron Ore to start making better stuff and that will work out nicely.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

:( :hug:

I feel for him, I've been in situations like that myself both early on and more recently.

You can pick whichever one you like, the saddled girl is the one I'm planning to keep as a mate for Ace, you're welcome to whichever of the other two you want and when I get on later I'll get a saddle made for you if you like.

And the parasaur if you want to take him on is a decent starter gatherer for berries untill you can get a trike or stego. Therizin or bronto are the most effective but abit of a chore to tame, Therizin especially require a buttload of narcs even at lower levels and they shred armor like wet tissue paper. God knows they've killed me more times than I care to remember, it's really only thanks to Zed's patience and generosity I have Alistair.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh god.. why do I keep playing. ><

Pardon the Tribe log.. it's a lot of red. *sigh* Troodons EVERYWHERE. *cries*

And so I'm not being such a total downer and depressing, have a skunk striped Theriz I found earlier when I was exploring. This wasn't long before I got microraptor'd. It was only like level 15 or something, too. I wish I could have tamed it.

Also, a snail.
Attachments
SkunkTheriz.jpg
SkunkTheriz.jpg (686.98 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
Snail.jpg
Snail.jpg (143.81 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So much drama this game. So sorry about your raptors Seila. I made it on super late last night again. Sorry I didn't say anything. I was in a foul foul ass mood. I completely ignored chat even though I saw stuff was happening. Now I have guilt. I really just wanted to log in get my foodstuffs and logout. Thankfully I didn't have to go far and fill my meat troughs but berries took a little longer. Poor Jack is still low level after all but he's getting there. My thought with your raptors is that they simply jumped it. With wondering enabled they attack EVERYTHING within their aggro range and they can jump extremely high. My thought is yours may have just flat out jumped out. When out hunting raptors have jumped stupid high up on Olive hitting me. So it's possible they simply jumped out. Also possible they glitched out. Lord knows the last three log ins I've "woke up" outside house. Maybe I was sleep walking.
We can work on getting other dinos for you this weekend if you'd like??? Hopefully I'll make it on.

I was inspired by Tarn's "sunset" photo and took one of my own. Sort of. This was a sunrise shot. I'll post them tonight when I get home.

Anyways. Hopefully this foul mood doesn't last.

Oh. And to add to my foul mood last night. Almost forgot about this little gem. I saw a level 40 Tapejara flying low to the ground. I jumped off Olive and ran over and slapped a bola on it so fast it made it's head spin. I had .............. 5 whole tranq arrows. :| Shot them into her ............... HER! and snatched all the prime meat away from Olive and stuffed it into the tape. I started running around grabbing berries (I had no berries or narcs) all the while Olive sneering at me. Kept running to get narco berries and as soon as a piece of prime was eaten, and she ate fast, I dropped another. I step away to get more berries, her bar was at the halfway, and boom. Raptor. Fucking dick just kills her. The rage that built up was like the volcano that's about to explode on the island. It started running to me and I ran past it hopped on Olive and killed it. I proceeded to decimate EVERY wild raptor I came across. Usually I leave them alone. Not last night. So. Lost a freaking Tapejara again. Logged as soon as my troughs were full. Ugh.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I read up on it online. It isn't a raptor only thing. All dinos on wander CAN. It has something to do with loading priority. Dinos load first, not structures. So, wandering dino, structure loads, now he's outside structure. I don't understand how exactly, but they haven't fixed it or don't know how. So don't let them on wander even in an enclosed building with a roof and everything, they can get out.

I'm guessing raptor are the most common because of their run speed. They probably zip right past the not loaded wall.

Losing my male was my fault. I knew it was a high chance, but I didn't want to ask for help and bother someone. I -needed- to get Dion. If I lost him I'd be screwed. I'll find another raptor... eventually. I'm picky about colors though.

Oh, how are people about claiming dinos when their timer is up? I found a huuuuuuge base with TONS of dinos going to unclaim in a day.
zedxrgal

That can be a sketchy affair. Do you know who's base it is? I would ask senior server members like Still I Rise tribe or Wolf tribe about the person's base. It may not be abandoned. I know some players go between 5-7 days before being able to log back in. I would exercise caution. I usually won't muck with that kind of stuff. I really don't want anyone upset because they logged in after being gone & all their stuff is gone.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I can't remember the tribe name, but it's not one I've seen talking at all. It was a cattle type name. It reminded me of tauren. It's the far SW corner of the map. I wanted to ask about it because I wasn't sure if there were any like, server verbal rules about that.

I know they'll starve after a while and I'd hate for that to happen to them. I also don't want to steal someone's dino. I'd hate for that to happen to me. I would totally give it back if that's the case.
zedxrgal

SW huh. That almost sounds like either Rubble's place or Pillars of the Community. If it's either I would definitely ask Still I Rise or Wolf Tribe. Best to air on the side of caution

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I saw Pillars, it wasn't them. I'll go check the name when I log in again. I saw the lights at night. They have red and green lights like an aerial run way with a big Quetz sitting there.

I probably won't be on until late. It's MtG night. Don't think I'll have time to get on before I leave, either. Not at home right now.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Seila - Pretty screenies :D

Nefretiti - I love Brunhs name. Your Parasaur is lovely and I adore the wolfs :D

:::::

I also picked up some wolves today... 4 badass, fire, mountain, poison and ice - dont know why but these badass wolves got a neck mane.. makes them look a little weird :P

And Pawesome got a mate, an Alpha female direwolf named Furrtastic

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

I'll hop in and go snooping about. :twisted: I may ask in global about it. My suspicion is that you're not the only one who's discovered it though. Especially if there's a Quetz that may come open. Still I Rise & Wolf tribes do a lot of raids on abandoned bases. They're the most senior tribes other than Pillars of the Community & Rubble's.

Tarn - Love the wolves. Especially the white and blue

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

... surprisingly alot of my dinos dont got names heh - I first name them after spending some time bonding with them - or like with Furrtastic where I already got a named one and then get a mate for it :D

I took a little close up of my fur babies.. none which have names yet
Image Ice body

Image Ice head + Poison body

Image Poison head

Image Mountain body

Image Mountain head + fire body

Image - Fire Head

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I think it was around there. You'll know what I mean when you get over there. They have it lit up so it's easy to see at night. It's what drew me in. There's a big tower with green lights running up it, too.

Tarn- Oh my that icey one. I would love to find one like that.
Attachments
20170427_160833.jpg
20170427_160833.jpg (267.98 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

They run up in the north Seilahyn - around the ice. They are actually quite common there.. but only if the server got the annuarki mod installed...

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh, I meant to ask, why don't you join us on the official server Tarn?

I haven't been up that far yet, but I know they are in game. I saw my first wild bear in the redwoods earlier, oh and a thylacoleo! I want one if they're taneable. It's kind of cat like.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I only play games with my husband :) Its a thing we agreed upon. Plus the official servers dont have all the mods I like.. e.g. the rp decor to put food on the tables or sofas.. or all the extra nice dinos.

The Thylaco is tameable.. and ridable ! :D

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Thylacoleo

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I kinda of thought that would be the case. Although it would be fun to have you both join the Petopia crowd on the server. I know it's just me saying this, but you're always welcome if you two ever want to! =D

Thylaco can climb the trees?! That -must- have been what I saw when I was up in the Redwoods then. I saw something drop from the air from a tree.

Also, the Tribe I was talking about was Thunderhoof. I knew it made me think of Taurens for some reason. Thunder Bluff + Hoof.
zedxrgal

When I get on later I'll ask Still I Rise if they were planning on taking anything since I believe they're the senior tribe on the server. But. If you get there first and claim things so be it. I would maybe ask in global if there are PVE server "rules" though. I searched and saw nothing. *shrug* I just really don't want toes stepped on etc.

Tarn - Hun you and hubby are ALWAYS welcome if you change your minds. You know that yes?

So these are my SS's from last night.
Miss Olive and I at sunrise. I keep forgetting to dye my bunny ears.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I went and scoped out the dinos again. I really didn't see anything I liked. While it would be practical to get one of the high level rex or even a spino for meat gathering, I just didn't like any of the colors. I was hoping they'd have something out of all those dinos. I did see a blue Theriz, but I don't know if I could be happy with taking someone elses. I would want something that I tamed and leveled. Again, it would mostly just be for practicality and use, then I'd probably pass it on to another newbie in the future once I got my own. Anywho, they have 8 hours left until they can be claimed. If either of you want to check them out, it's pretty much exactly where I circled on the map above. Right by the Red Obelisk. They're spread out through the whole base, too. They have some in the big buildings on different levels. It's a lot to go through. Dire Wolves are in a southern building.

Also, the buildings that are near your base Zed will be able to be demolished in 14 hours. The random wall, the hut that has had 2 Pergo stuck in it for days... I don't know how you feel about it, but if you clear those out you could probably expand more that way. I took an aerial view and tried to plot out what we could "claim" for ourselves. I did a quick Gimp edit to show what I mean. The pink are existing houses that would prevent us from building too close. The red line is the proposed area, orange is and extended range. Vertical lines are the massive dino gates, little vertical line is person door.

It would take A LOT of resources, but I could start hashing it out. I don't mind. Heck, you don't even have to help if you don't want. This way, you wouldn't need to worry about expanding your walls every time you tame something new. We'd have a huuuuuge open area and the water acts as a wall for them. We'd have water to grow plants with an irrigation system, faster tames with those veggies!

Anywho, just tossing out ideas. That's quite a project to do.
Attachments
PetopiaTribeLands.jpg
PetopiaTribeLands.jpg (907.82 KiB) Viewed 1055 times