Ark: Survival Evolved

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Lupen202 »

If you're playing on the default Island map they're often around the tops/sides of the larger mountains, ankys usually are too.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Cool thanks.

Couple of more newbee questions

1) Those annoying dinos who steal stuff from my inventory(the Pegomastax).. anyway to disable that? Because MAAAAN they are annoying.. and small so they get lost in the grass.. and fast.. stupid things!

2) Are there a way to extract mats from already made items? sometimes i get things i cant use in the beacons.. seams like a waste to just throw them away.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I actually quit before the pegomastax was implemented xD but there is a way to stop a dino from spawning completely if you want that?

Try putting this line in your game.ini in ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Pegomastax_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="")

Then when you start up your game afterwards use this cheat in the console to remove all those that already spawned: cheat DestroyAll Pegomastax_Character_BP_C

And #2 I don't think so, unless you can place it. Like a wall, cooking pot, etc.. just place it, then demolish and you'll get 50% of the materials back.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh im going to try that cheat linie! Thank you ♥ ♥. And too bad you cant extract mats. . Ive got a ton of saddels, clothes etc in the beacons which i cant use.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

There's a mod called Upgrade Station that allows you to both upgrade your weapons/armor/saddles and allows you to extract materials from you extra saddles/armor. I'm using it, and although I've only used the Upgrading bench so far, it's really useful! I've been able to get my Beaver an epic quality saddle because of it.

So I started a new world (again) (last time I swear!) (lol no I don't). I decided I wanted to play on the Center, because despite playing on more often, I've actually explored it LESS of the two maps. I decided I wanted to try out a mod that added a lot of higher levelled Prime/Alpha dinos, so it took me a little while to find a spot where I wasn't dying so freaking often! But finally, I found a nice little spot of the eastern side of the middle (? Or maybe it was the lower) jungle with a lake full of Castorides beavers and a nice cliff with some ancient pillars built on it. I saw that there was a strange hole on the 'inner' side of the cliff that dropped down pretty far, so I decided to build my house up against it. Turns out the hole was an entrance to a cave, so I built a ladder down into it from my house. There are so many spiders down there! It's quite frightening. I've managed to tame one of the beavers (I named her Aleshani) and wall off my little cliffside with some giant stone gates for now. Hopefully nothing too big wants to come try and eat me - I've seen an Alpha T-rex roaming out in the distance and I know Gigas spawn in a not too far area - but I set myself up a grave just in case.

One of my gate walls, from the outside.

Same wall from the inside.

A view of my house, from the top of the wall-tower.

Aleshani, wandering by the lake.

Aleshani and I look at the gravesite.

Most of the way down the ladder into the "Cave of Doom". There's a skeleton of some poor Rex that fell in. A little further down, and you'd see all the Spiders waiting for me.... eugh.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

uhh both pretty and eerie!! And i might look into that mod. I went on a very large expedition yesterday to get my miner dino. Also tamed a Rex but I let him roam free where i tamed him... he stomps too much :P

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Tamed 3 gallimus today.. first killed by a titanboa, second killed by a raotor, 3rd killed by a sarco... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGH and they are super hard to tame in the first place :? :roll:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Spamming the ark thread muhaha :P

Got my two argentavis today (one for hubby one for me - thought they are both female..) and my sabertooth.. now just need a saber for hubby (if he ever gets in the game) Ive been soloing so fare.. and im lvl 70 i think..

also fire effects on a dino?? How to tame one and keep it like this?

Brontos are sooo big!!!

Ants attacking me.. ohh wait you cant see them.. stupid dense jungle.. need a wheedwhacker!

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The Allos have the "fire" effect, all you need is to tame 3, the highest level one will have the effect, it is the alpha and gets bonus dmg and HP. :D :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Allos are soooo loud though.. heh thanks Rawr

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Went and got myself a female saber; so i got both a female and a male. She is actually green :D

Some screenies of animals i met while there and one of me flying on my argentavis

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am trying to keep my interest going with this.. hard when i solo play heh.. Well today i started a new project. I wanted a home on each of the corners of the map.. as much as it could possible go with the terrain and all..First project.. get to winterland and start building

On the way there i met something which looked like a brontosaurus but it was way bigger!

snow starting to fall.. i think im getting closer

My argentavis. I really fallen for this bird

Direwolfs!

My home in the cold seen from above (not at all done building it yet.. but the trees need time to regrow)

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Ah you found a wild Titanosaur. Those suckers are quite a sight. Plus you can only knock one out by lobbing boulders from cannons or catapults at its head. It's pretty much a walking base if you ever wanted to be really mobile. XD

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Awesome!! It was soo big

Question.. is there a way to flatten the terrain ? Im ok if its by cheating.. i am rebuilding my base so it can have a roof ...but at some places i cant place the tree floor which is needed for a roof

it makes for some wonky house design...see the big hole in the middle there.. cant place the tree floor there.. stupid :P

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

There are some "no clip" mods you can use, I use: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =731604991
Once you learn the normal engram you can learn the S+ engram for free. Hope this helps hun :D :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

awesome!! Thanks Rawr!!!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Oki how do i download it.. i subscribed but no download button...

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

When you sub to something on Steam then open Ark to play, in the corner it will say downloading mod(s). For you when you log into your server you will see a list of mods near the top on the left in a box, click on them, then on the arrow to get them on the right box. They should load for you on your server then :D :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

i only see primitive which i dont want yet :P

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think i met a boss.. soo could not kill it with a spear.. what is needed?