Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

heh i think it is immensely silly to have zombie dinos.. :P and you need to kill the dodorex before you can take them.. and that bird is naaaasty http://ark.gamepedia.com/DodoRex

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I just don't know anymore, I really like base 1 but as I said, as it is now I'd feel bad claiming it when I know someone more active also wants it ..
Perhaps it would be better for me to stay put .. I just don't know.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Sorry I disappeared. I got called away last minute for some pvp. XD I'll probably be on later tonight and wouldn't mind looking for a place for my home and level up a bit. A raptor might help with that too.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Tårnfalk wrote:heh i think it is immensely silly to have zombie dinos.. :P and you need to kill the dodorex before you can take them.. and that bird is naaaasty http://ark.gamepedia.com/DodoRex
I've heard Dodo Rex's are no joke. Not sure if they're tamable on Prim+ though. *shrug*
Nefretiti wrote:I just don't know anymore, I really like base 1 but as I said, as it is now I'd feel bad claiming it when I know someone more active also wants it .. Perhaps it would be better for me to stay put .. I just don't know.
Like I said. No rush. :hug: If you want to stay where you are that's fine too! The perimeter walls for the cove need to be built before any moves happen anyway. At least in my opinion. Safer that way.
Aleu wrote:Sorry I disappeared. I got called away last minute for some pvp. XD I'll probably be on later tonight and wouldn't mind looking for a place for my home and level up a bit. A raptor might help with that too.
HAH! No worries. I have a raptor I could definitely gift you but not sure when I could make that happen. :oops:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Well, I gave the poor trapped Sarco some more food to keep her going. Hope she'll be okay until you can get on to help get her out. I can't do anything to get her.

Edit:
There's now a level 70 Male Sarco in the new bay area. I'm tempted to try and tame him for the lady. With this wolf I might be able to get prime meat much faster, although it's a bit of a run to the prime areas.

Also, the hut on the lake demolished so I placed a pillar down where it was.

Edit:
I let a Stego into our area. I opened the door to the forest to get some stone and there was a pretty Stego right there. He was a bit bloodied and I though, well.. if he comes through the gate... and he did. It was like he wanted to follow me in. He came right for the gate, kinda turned back around a little hesitant, then right through. Then I realized he was level 65 which would take over 3 hours to tame without Sarco Kibble... and said nevermind. He can safely wander our area though. So he's sort of my pet.
zedxrgal

There's nothing like your GI condition to decide to flare up RIGHT STAT NOW to ruin any gaming. :( :cry: The chances of my making it in game now are slim & none and slim is probably leaving town. Why body why!?!?

Seila - You got the walls done????? :shock:

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

At our current area, not the new one. A Carno managed to get in, too.. somehow. I'm not sure if it was on Taz's boat that he managed to get around the end of the wall maybe? I dunno, I killed it though. Glad Aleu didn't leave the Raptor out next to their little hut. I think a 232 Raptor should have been able to handle a 20 Carno, but better safe than sorry.

I just got two Behemoth Gates up on the Predator Alley side, although I'm demoing the one because it has a huge gap under it that I can walk under. I'm going to place it further up the ramp where it's flatter. The one below in the water worked perfectly. I'm going to focus on the gates first as they're the biggest and most resource expensive pieces. Get them out of the way and everything else should fall into place.

Bob was over. He was wondering where our big base was that we had planned and I informed him our situation and that we're moving. He didn't realize we had the beacon drops in our way where we currently are.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Okay the curiousity has gotten the best of me with this game. Normally I dislike survival games and the fact you have to restart everything once you die (same goes for strategy games and like!), however that said this game does really appeal to my dinosaur addiction. Anyways my issues with such games aside as I can handle those, I have one simple question as it truly is a thorn in my eye as furture conservator in natural history - is there a mod to make the animals have normal colors? yes that is a HUGE issue to me, regardless anatomical issues and dragons/fantasy creatures which I actually can tolerate in a game! It sounds crazy but purple dinosaurs and the like actually keeps me from trying out the game and being a student with less money to spend on some fun each month, I don't wanna go out and pay eg. 50 euro/50$/50£ on something which I won't play more than once because it's an eyesore to me personally. And trust me I really wanna try the game out after seeing your guys awesome "pets" and bases among things but yeah neon dinos I can't tolerate!
zedxrgal

Täräin13 - Welcome to our little sub forum! To answer your question(s) all wild dinosaurs come in natural colours. The purples etc are one of three things. 1) A skin mod 2) paint or 3) a bred mutation. Like my and Seila's green legged wolves are a bred mutation. It's very muted though so you almost don't notice it. Dodos are about the only abnormal (so to speak) colors coming in various shades of pink, reds, blues, greens like normal birds. So you don't have to worry really about seeing a wild purple t-rex. Even the raptors' feathers come in natural colours. Although you might see bight colors on the ptera or a tape they won't be unnatural /obnoxious. They sport colors at times like a modern bird would. I'll happily take screen shots for you if you'd like?

Edit: Bob is awesome. Yeah I was only wanting the one behemoth gate in the creek at predator alley anyway and walls and maybe a normal gate on that hill. I don't want anything human or dino to be able walk, crouch, crawl or slither under stuff. I suspect Ser Bob knows of our griefer? Thoughts on pillar-ing the hell out of our current base to prevent any further foundations appearing out of thin air?

Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

zedxrgal wrote:Täräin13 - Welcome to our little sub forum! To answer your question(s) all wild dinosaurs come in natural colours. The purples etc are one of three things. 1) A skin mod 2) paint or 3) a bred mutation. Like my and Seila's green legged wolves are a bred mutation. It's very muted though so you almost don't notice it. Dodos are about the only abnormal (so to speak) colors coming in various shades of pink, reds, blues, greens like normal birds. So you don't have to worry really about seeing a wild purple t-rex. Even the raptors' feathers come in natural colours. Although you might see bight colors on the ptera or a tape they won't be unnatural /obnoxious. They sport colors at times like a modern bird would. I'll happily take screen shots for you if you'd like?
First off ty for the welcome!=)
Yes a few screenshots of the wild animals would defintely be nice!=) As I said it's just a thing I have personally, I don't mind others having pink dinosaurs with black stripes or dots if it's just a mod they made/downloaded themselves! =) Even the white and red animals you guys have are a tad :shock: to my eyes!XD but yeah birds I do expect to have more color and even brighter ones this include smaller raptors. I just can't see a big T-rex being colored like a paradise bird! XD
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wait, we have a griefer? I didn't know. What's going on? What did I miss?

Also, welcome Tarain! I wouldn't go by any of Tarn's pictures for colors (no offense to her, I just know that she admin mods the colors on them to be outside natural colors). I think the most obnoxious natural color is the pinkish one that some Parasaur and Gallimimus come in. Otherwise, most everything comes in browns, blacks, greens, reds. Earthy colors. Occasional blue or white.
Nefretiti

I think after thinking about the new base I think I prefer one of the bigger areas like nr 3, I still like nr 1 but it may not have enough room for my purposes. I will need to have another look.

On a different note. My iguanadon died to a high lvl raptor who was lured there by an overly friendly diplodocus. :( I tried to tame a new one but got owned since I hadn't realized the damned thing was lvl 110 .. ouch .. will keep an eye out for another lower lvl iggy.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I rebuilt the other Behemoth Gate a little further up the hill and just angled it a bit more. Then I built a small wall next to it to prevent anything from getting around it. It'd fall off the cliff first and wouldn't get behind the door below.

After that I went out exploring with my new wolf. I wanted to head north to get an Argy for carrying purposes, but got sidetracked at the redwoods. I really want a Thyla.. but they are ridiculous to tame without Kibble. A level 25 one would take almost 3 hours with normal Raw Meat.... no way I'm doing that. I think even with Prime it wasn't much better. As I sat on the rock the one I was watching aggroed me. She managed to get up on the rock but a couple bites knocked her off where she landed in the water next to the rock. She swam right up against the rock and STARED at me with an evil look. She stayed like that... for like 5+ mins. In the mean time the moon was setting and I thought, oh hey.. this would make a cool screenshot. So I pose my wolf, hit K to angle the shot, click F12 and WHAM! She finally ran up the rock to get me after ALL THAT TIME! She waited for me to take a screenshot. I didn't catch the glorious moment, but I did get some nice screenshots.

After that I went up north to meet Bob. I borrowed their facilities in the north to tame an Argy. He wanted to bring me the 125 Argy and I said, oh god no, something low. He pulled a 20... and a rex got it. He pulled a 25... his bird killed it in the cage. Finally he brought a 30. We went out and gathered Prime Meat to make it go by faster. I switched between my wolf and the Argy he lent me.

I'm not very fond of the coloring... so I decided to go find another low level one. I found a level 15 that's black with white. I'm currently taming that one now for myself. I can give the other to Aleu I guess? I think Nef has an Argy, right?
Attachments
Wolfhowl01.jpg
Wolfhowl01.jpg (500.99 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Wolfhowl02.jpg
Wolfhowl02.jpg (427.82 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Nefretiti

I have 3 male sharks now .. no I don't have a problem, I swear!
So if Aleu and Seila wants to take a look I'd be happy to gift them whichever of the sharks they want.
One is blueish grey, one is red and one a brownish gold. All exept the red are pretty low level and if you help me collect keratin I can make saddles.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I have quite a lot of Keratin. It should be on my Smithy... if not it's in my house in one of the boxes I don't have PIN'd.

I was actually just looking at them and I really like that white/blue one... as if you couldn't guess which one I would like. If.. you don want him.. I guess I could. I don't have a water pen or anything. It would be nice to have the option to gather Prime Fish. I will need it for a Bary unless I get the Kibble.

I also gathered a bunch of the Pelts needed to make the fur set for northern exploring. I should be able to make people some pieces, if not all of it if they want to wander in snow land. You'll still be cold... but at least you won't be freezing. Also, the new boars are freaking ridiculously hard to kill. Self heal is a bit broken on a TANK type.. and they like to roam in packs. Wooo AoE heals!

Anywho, made it home with the two Argy and my Wolf. The brown Argy next to my house is up for grabs. The black one on my Dodo hut is mine.

Stocked my troughs, gave poor Ms. Stuck Sarco some more meat to help her last until she can be removed from Zed's boat, and I'm off to get a little sleep.
Nefretiti

Chick magnet is Felara's but the one I tamed yesterday looks very similar, I'll happily let you have him if you want and he can stay in my pen untill things are settled at the new place.

I don't need 3 males so I'll just take whichever of the three are left, I have been searching for a female but kept finding males and naturally can't resist taming them.

the keratin is for cementing paste and 30 is needed for each saddle which is basically 300 keratin or something similar.
Last edited by Nefretiti on Wed May 10, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zedxrgal

WARNING! Sporadic ADHD posting below, maybe.
Seilahyn wrote:Wait, we have a griefer? I didn't know. What's going on? What did I miss?

I rebuilt the other Behemoth Gate a little further up the hill and just angled it a bit more. Then I built a small wall next to it to prevent anything from getting around it. It'd fall off the cliff first and wouldn't get behind the door below.

I also gathered a bunch of the Pelts needed to make the fur set for northern exploring.
Yes our kind neighbor who keeps trying to build stuff within our walls cause he's still butt hurt.
That's perfect then! Cannot wait to see it tomorrow! I'm so excited to be taking over the cove. I cannot wait to get to work tomorrow.
I too have a punch of pelts. I think almost 100. I know I need more but I'll happily toss mine in with yours to help.
Thank you so much for caring for my Sacro girl. Really means a lot to me.

[b]Nefretiti[/b] wrote:On a different note. My iguanadon died to a high lvl raptor who was lured there by an overly friendly diplodocus. :( I tried to tame a new one but got owned since I hadn't realized the damned thing was lvl 110 .. ouch .. will keep an eye out for another lower lvl iggy.

I have 3 male sharks now .. no I don't have a problem, I swear!
I'll happily gift you one of my girls if you'd like? There's the cream colored lass with sunshine orange flecks and a black-ish gray girl with sunshine orange flecks. I think The cream lass is the higher level of the two. Still low-ish but ........ if you're interested let me know. No females STILL?? I guess Chick Magnet is NOT living up to his name. :| Also I have a lot of keratin too I think. Will happily toss that in for shark saddle making. Also my shark pen "might" be safe if you're low on room. With the discovery of the cove and deciding to build there I wasn't going to worry about extending walls.

Are either of you able to see the food level on my "kids"? I really am worried now about them starving. I MIGHT be able to make it on tonight for a quick hunt /berry gather but I am not sure. I'd really appreciate it.

Aleu- By the sound of it you were able to build a little place right??? Do you need anything else?

Nefretiti

I'm so confused now .. I really don't like base 3 .. base 4 is okay I suppose but I think I may just stay put .. I don't know.

My iguanadon on Gov's server, she was low level. I'll tame a new one eventually. Thank you though.

I found a female shark but she's really low and I forgot narcs .. durr .. so i may just let her wake up

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Täräin13 wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:Täräin13 - Welcome to our little sub forum! To answer your question(s) all wild dinosaurs come in natural colours. The purples etc are one of three things. 1) A skin mod 2) paint or 3) a bred mutation. Like my and Seila's green legged wolves are a bred mutation. It's very muted though so you almost don't notice it. Dodos are about the only abnormal (so to speak) colors coming in various shades of pink, reds, blues, greens like normal birds. So you don't have to worry really about seeing a wild purple t-rex. Even the raptors' feathers come in natural colours. Although you might see bight colors on the ptera or a tape they won't be unnatural /obnoxious. They sport colors at times like a modern bird would. I'll happily take screen shots for you if you'd like?
First off ty for the welcome!=)
Yes a few screenshots of the wild animals would defintely be nice!=) As I said it's just a thing I have personally, I don't mind others having pink dinosaurs with black stripes or dots if it's just a mod they made/downloaded themselves! =) Even the white and red animals you guys have are a tad :shock: to my eyes!XD but yeah birds I do expect to have more color and even brighter ones this include smaller raptors. I just can't see a big T-rex being colored like a paradise bird! XD
hehe I got mods which color my dinos in weird colors so dont see my screenshots as the normal.. plus i got my own server so I mod paint then :lol:

Seilahyn - LOVE that wolf howling to the mood screenie

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Täräin13 wrote:First off ty for the welcome!=)
Sorry I completely forgot to reply to this. I'll get them soon as I'm in game next. The red /white colors are on only alphas. Which you will see but they also display a fiery fog like effect all over their bodies which I believe creates a rage buff on the dinos around it. The alphas are​ not tamable on official servers so you wouldn't see someone with one. I'll see if I get lucky and get a SS of a alpha too but they usually don't last on our server. They drop extremely good loot and the higher the level the more prime meat. A coveted kill they are.
Since Ms Tarn runs her own server she's able to do her own thing regarding colors and tame alphas.