Ark: Survival Evolved

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I'm really getting tired of game developers being terrible, releasing shit that's broken, or that breaks more than they fix, and take no responsibility for it. They're so quick to roll out games or expansions or patches without testing long enough, or just in general. Sorry to say this is the gamers fault. Not mine, I'm not one of those. I'd rather a game be delayed a month, 4 months, a YEAR if it means a better game on release. Unfortunately most are impatient and think GD are there ONLY for their pleasure and demand instant gratification. Give it to me now if you want my money. (Honestly it feels like American gamers are the WORST with this and I partly blame Blizzard...)

Looking through the forums it seems that there is a MAJOR bug right now with baby raising. Remember that Yutyrannus baby I had that starved? Yeah, this is why. Thanks to the stasis changes they made a few weeks ago, it bugged out baby transitioning from Baby -> Juvenile. If you log out while your baby is still in Baby status, no matter if it's at 9.9% (10% is Juvenile for those that don't know), IT WILL DIE WHEN YOU LOG IN. While in stasis it doesn't update the baby to Juvenile to eat from the troughs, so for however long you're offline it's in limbo.. not eating. When you log in, the food debt catches up and it instantly starves.

Those changes were.. a couple patches ago? So a few weeks? Still not fucking addressed. Which, now that I know what happened, I think that's why my Theriz died as well.

Ontop of that, oh there's more icing on this shit cake, I can't even stay logged into the game right now. If I manage to get past the time out, I now get a Fatal Error about 30~60 seconds after logging in! Yep! I was having issues prior to this with random crashes when I'd log in after leaving the client open for a while, now it's constant! Checking files now, but if nothing is wrong on that end I don't know what the fuck is up. I might have to uninstall/reinstall the game to fix it, or try. I'll probably have to ask Potato to land his food trough Quetz at my house with berries because I have a Theriz growing up right now. Thing will have like 6% imprint because of all this.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

It does not sound like i am missing out on much.... i am actually going to try another game all together if i can afford it.. called Rising World

http://steamcommunity.com/app/324080

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

All I can say is i begrudgingly logged in to 14 last night. Timer reset and to feed my brood. What should have taken maybe 45 minutes took well over two hours. Just to feed them & nothing else. The lag & screen lock was SO BAD. I was actually getting nauseated. Not long after logging in a shark and a ptera of mine just flat out disappeared before my eyes. No body bag or death message just poof. I would go hunt then come back to see if they materialized but nope. The whole time I was on I kept looking. Found a very wayward ptera of Potato's but mine are completely gone. That's when I noticed the micro raptors I took with me that were in my house poofed also. So that's four. Just. Disappeared. :(
I agree Seila. Cannot believe shit is just disappearing like this. Babies starving. The F.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Potato messaged me and told me her found your shark. It's not far from your house against/in a rock. So I imagine the Ptera is somewhere out there as well. My Theriz baby wandered off several feet from where I left him, so maybe that's what happened.

It seems the problem is with nomansky. I disabled that and I can stay logged in now, but I'm back to having to restart the game every hour or so because of the RAM not dumping. So many issues with the sky in this game.

Edit:
Yep, I see it. Just north of your house against the cliff, inbetween the rocks. Red/pinkish shark.
zedxrgal

Well at least one of the four missing were located. Thank you. With luck I'll log in and see my ptera & two micro raptors. So odd they just disappeared though. Especially the micro raptors. They were inside my house. Hopefully they just fell through the floor and will show back up.
Thanks for letting me know

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Curios on how the game is now when its out of early acces...any changes good and\or bad ?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I am rather miffed right now ..
I logged into 14 to feed my brood .. what do I find .. the gates to my cove enclosure standing WIDE OPEN! .. not allright makes me want to pin code them. I may have to build a second set just inside to make sure people leave at least one set closed .. I may not have many dinos left there but it's still not right to leave the gates to someone elses base wide open.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I probably left it open while meat farming. Been having a lot of fatal errors playing.

You might want to move that last bit over now that Fel's walls are gone you have two gaping holes on either side. I've killed quite a bit of stuff in your area. Carbon, alpha raptor, etc. They come in through the forest openings. I'm working on a wall there, but with raising babies and fatal errors it's going slow.

I plan on taking over Fel's area and a little into yours once you're finished moving.
Nefretiti

I don't plan on leaving my cove place entirely, I was planning on patching the holes left by Fel moving this weekend.
You can do what you wish with Fel's area as long as she's fine with it, but for now I'm keeping mine.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Ah, thought you were completely moving. Guess that changes things.

Full release got delayed, by the way.
zedxrgal

The cove where I was I am not going back to. If I wasn't so attached to my beasties on 14 I'd NEVER return. That server is ridiculous. Worst screen lock /lag EVER. Not even Ragnarok is as bad as 14. Good that they pushed the official release out to the end of August and not surprising. I seriously hope the big patches they swear are coming are filled with optimization so this game isn't such a resource hog.
For now I am enjoying playing on my own server when I can do what I want with ZERO lag or screen lock. You guys are more then welcome to do whatever you want with where I was in the cove. Frankly I think it should be left open. But that's just me.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im not sure if i will return to ark...game takes up so much room..and it sounds like it is fairly bugged ...nothing good happened after it came out of early acces?

zedxrgal

Incoming masses off screen shots. Definitely not all taken in one day.

Playing around on the Scorched Earth map. Kapro really wanted to eat me.

Lava Island on the Center

Sunrise on the center

Gorgeous moonlight view on Ragnarok close to the highlands.

Wild Dodo seeking shelter under my ptera (Center Map). The green hue is because there is a supply drop right there. Dodo was being attacked by a diloph & my ptera killed it.

A couple megalosaurus out in the open. These two came out of the cave by the pond. I was killed by the mint-green-white-black one.

My very pregnant hyena. Poor thing was huge right before she delivered.

The resulting cub & a baby troodon.
Hyena's have such ornery faces.

And being trolled by a pair of wild hyenas right out side my fence. I totally lol-ed at this. She did not move for a long time.

That's all for now.

Waiting to try Ragnarok since supposedly the v264.3 update they just put out (like 30 mins ago) is said to have optimizations for the map. We'll see.

zedxrgal

Sorry for the thread bump but I thought this was some pretty exciting news. On my phone so hoping it copies and posts ok.
The Community Crunch is where we share important things going on with ARK, as well as host contests and showcase creations made by the community! Let's get started with some news.

Introducing the Otter!

A new Dino Dossier has been revealed, this one is everyone’s favourite furry friend, the Otter!

Common name: Otter
Species: Lutra Peloso
Time: Early Miocene
Diet: Omnivore
Temperament: Friendly

Wild

Found along the Island’s many inland waterways, Lutra Peloso have become exceptionally adept at hunting and foraging. This species of Otter has to be particularly cunning because of its diminutive size, and fierce competition for its preferred food source: fish. It is not a creature that excels at combat, and would not naturally pose an intimidating threat to any predators.

Finding packs of river Otters is simple enough: They are distinguished by their elongated bodies, bushy tails, and webbed feet. Their trusting and inquisitive nature ensures they are often hunted for their lustrous fur, but many prefer to tame them to become trusted companions.

Domesticated

There are few creatures which provide the companionship that Lutra Peloso does. Rather than traveling beside you, it would prefer to comfortably rest on your back, providing insulation. Once domesticated, it can be told to harvest fish on demand, with a specific goal in mind from the fish that it consumes, the otter has a knack for foraging silica pearls, and can even yield a slight chance at finding black pearls within!

For those of you living under the mesh and haven't been able to keep up with the news, ARK has entered its final stage of development towards Version 1.0 and will be Officially Launching on August the 29th 2017.

There has been a lot of questions regarding what will happen to the development of ARK. Whether there will be additional content added to the base game, in the vein of; new friends to tame, new engrams to learn, items to craft, QOL, gameplay, and optimisation improvements... the answer to all that is yes!

We will be continuing to work on the base game, as well as plans for future content in the form of free updates, and DLC (paid and free). Today we'd like to give you a bit of an early preview/tease of what you can expect for later this month on release (in addition to the mystery beyond the TEK cave).

As well as our otterly cute friend, we'll also be introducing some new TEK items:

The TEK Sword, with a dash-charge attack as well as armor piercing capability!
The TEK Shield, which can reflect incoming projectiles and bullets, and can completely stop splash damage!
The TEK Light, that can be attached or picked up to and from any surface, and is self--powered by elemental shards or can be linked to generators!

Our latest Official Mod, Ragnarok, will be receiving a large update which is approximately the size of The Island. Players can expect to encounter new biomes such as a Coastal Wyvern Canyon, a Tropical Desert, Lowlands, Tasmania, several iconic beaches, a hidden temple, a new cave, an epic boss encounter and more! Here are a few screenshots of the upcoming areas:

Players will also be able to tame Titanoboas! We know you've been waiting a while for them and we feel confident with our latest optimisation work in adding them to the ARK. Their taming method will involve alluring these terrifying snakes with the fertilized eggs to feed on.

We are still planning on our mid-month update which will resolve the current loading-crash on Console Player Dedicated Servers, introduce our DDoS Mitigation for all Official Servers, address the duping exploit and allow players to rent PC-Dedicated Console Servers.

PC-Dedicated Console servers will initially be rolling out on PlayStation 4 for the time being. We will be technically set up to launch them on both of our console platforms from a development point of view but are currently running into some business & pipeline questions with Microsoft which we hope to resolve in the coming weeks.

Ark Digest 47
Click link to view screen shots & full article.

Titaboboas!!!!!!! We're actually getting them! *happydance* This new has me so excited. Please Studio Wildcard. Please come through on the optimizations like you promises.

Nefretiti

I swear.. :evil: if I find the predator alley gate wide open one more time I WILL build a wall to block it.

You got to be f***ing kidding me .. I'm really beginning to hate Potato ..
I lagged into on of his constructions.. and now I'm stuck..I'm going to send a ticket to SW about this idiot.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

.... why? He's doing nothing wrong by building. That's kind of what you do in ARK, so why report him? For what? You'd be wasting your time, and theirs, and trust me... you wouldn't get a response anyway. I have three tickets about babies starving and my yuty getting killed, the first is over three weeks old now without an answer.

Also, the door being left open is meaningless, seriously. You have two huge open gaps on either side of your base, then one corridor, which hardly ever has any dinos in, open. It's literally like complaining about the front door of your house being left open when two of your walls are missing.

Again, it was left open by me. You literally haven't been on in almost a week. Your stuff had a day left before claim. I left it open because of going back and forth through there a lot. If you'd like, I can just demo them since I built them. Not to mention I kept crashing last night. I barely made it back home and just logged out of frustration.
zedxrgal

Building to the point of blocked a waterway and people from using it IS wrong.
And my tickets reporting him in the past WERE responded to quite quickly. Tickets about server bugs etc do take longer but not much.

reports@studiowildcard.com
^^ This is the email to report a player ^^

This is the support link. SUPPORT SURVIVE THE ARK

There is still a large issue with players trying to kill other players. I have witnessed it and been the victim of it since for some reason that bloody server still puts people outside their buildings on logout. A few days ago I pulled someone out of the water who'd clearly been dragged there.
Blocking waterways, spawns, nodes, beacons, in ANY FORM is against SW's "rules". They have & will ban players. Players are warned first. Then EVERYTHING is wiped from them. Then they are permanently banned from official servers.

I understand you and potato are buddies & you're trying to protect him. But some of the things he's done isn't right. Including blocked the whole waterway to the cove, setting animals loose on aggressive.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

So it was ok for Braz to build and block a waterway because you liked him.

Guess what, our new base blocked a waterway and a supply drop, too. Old base had two supply drops in it.

You can't complain about one person, you don't like, doing it while doing it or not reporting another because they're a friend.

That's my problem. You two just keep attacking him for no freaking reason when others do the same exact thing. You complained about his aggressive dinos on wander, over exaggerating the situation to paint a nice picture to support you for those not there. He took them off like he said he would if anyone had a problem with it. Was really simple solution, but no... let's report him.

You two barely even play, and do nothing but complain about him or insignificant things the one day you do. That's my issue. That's why I stopped posting here. Yeah, I get frustrated with the terrible glitches, losing dinos, etc.. I've had plenty of rant posts.. but come on.

Remember when you built stuff around Kanakiss or whatever his name was because you were mad he complained about our wall? Accused him of building stuff in our area to prevent us from building when it had been there literally from when I started? That's against the rules, but it's ok because you did it, right?

You know there are a lot of dc and crash issues right? I have not seen a single person complain about getting drowned by someone while offline. I really think you blow this out of proportion as well. They're probably newbies who don't know you can drown if you logoff in water, are crashing or doing. I'm not saying it can't and doesn't happen, but you make it sound rampant when it's not. I actually play for a few hours every day.

Stop trying to preach from a soapbox when you, yourself, are guilty.

I'm not defending him because we're "buddies", I'm defending him because you're in the wrong... Just like I defended Kanakiss from you building around him despite my not liking him. It's called a moral compass, knowing right from wrong and realizing when, even if you don't like the person, they're in the right.
zedxrgal

This will be my one & only reply on this nonsense. And it is nonsense.

One thing I feel you should stop doing is ASSuming you know everything. Braz was "talked to" long ago about blocking things. Just the same as Rubble was about his taking up so much of the waterway AND fully blocking a supply drop. Rubble has been complained about even by SIR several times. At the old base supply drops there were not fully blocked and players had no problem getting to them. Not like it was hard for someone to boat up, fly in, walk around the wall to get anything inside. I never once said that we didn't block the cove. Yes the gate you had in place in the water THAT WAS UNLOCKED could be considered "blocking" however any player with a flyer STILL could have easily gotten in /out. This IS NOT the case with Potato's place.
You seem to forget nothing was completely inaccessible at the old base or the cove. Shit. Still I Rise was even complained about (as was Levy) for "blocking".
I will complain about someone whether I like them or not. I like Rubble yet I have complained about him sending the same ticket to SW. Please do not act like you know me since you clearly do not.

As for people being killed on the server. Again. You assume you know what you're talking about. I find it VERY hard to believe a new player who was right behind my work hut (named Hanna level 5) miraculously ended up out in the water 30 minutes after my first hunt session. Sure sure you could blame that she walked out there but I sincerely doubt it. I pulled her out of the water and put her back in the same spot I found her. I have been warned by SEVERAL other players of this happening. This was complained about on the forums of people coming onto official servers and killing other players. Nerd Parade actually stopped playing on official servers because of cheeky behavior like this. I log out in my house EVERY TIME yet I log in to having to respawn because I miraculously died. Twice. So please. By all means. Explain how that happened both times unless I was dragged into the water hhhhhhhmmm?

And you my dear are the pot calling the kettle black.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I merely pointed out that you had no footing to stand on. You're the one claiming assumptions.

I just find it funny how someone who barely logs in seems to know about all this horrible behavior going on yet the people who play everyday are in wonderment.

The bay gate was never unlocked until after the tribe split, by the way. Rubble's Supply Drop is not completely blocked and can easily be reached by flying, just like the ones you claim can be flown into at ours. So that logic is flawed. The same applies to Potato's new base. You can fly in to get to it. So no, it is NOT completely blocked.

I'm not the one running around reporting people for silly things, but whatever, continue on.