Ark: Survival Evolved

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Yeah, those work as well but the flowers are more effective :)

I let her have one of my pteras for ease of travel and Levy has a mid level rex he's willing to let Seila have, I'll see if I can drop by and pick it up tomorrow since I need to log soon.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I may see if either Levy is or Braz is on tonight if I make it on and I can try and pick up the rex for her on my boat. Very awesome about the ptera! :hug:

Yeah I'm totally thinking of taking over the other side of the inlet. Do like Levy and scatter my home seeds everywhere. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

So I was in my house when I heard hissing and growling and the aggro music started. I immediately ran out to see a raptor attacking the Ptero Nef gave me. I freaked and hopped on and flew off right away only to realize... oh, he's only level 5... HE'S ONLY LEVEL 5!!!

I had barely any meat on me as I had just started poking things with my new pet, so I stole all his meat (sorry Dion!) and began the chase. I threw a bola, then started plinking with a couple Tranq Arrows until he fell over. Threw what little meat I had in and flew off real quick to find some easy targets to kill. Got some more meat, flew back, and then the wait began.

Raptors are by far my favorite dinosaur. I haven't thought of a name for him yet, but he'll sit safely inside until he's a bit.. higher level. I don't want to risk losing him. I'll have to look up what points I should put his stuff into.

Attachments
OfficialRaptor.jpg
OfficialRaptor.jpg (854.37 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
zedxrgal

HOW AWESOME! Congratulations!! He's lovely. I'm so happy for you! Feels amazing huh? If you're anything like Nef and I the taming bug is a wonderful but cruel mistress. They're like potato chips. Cannot have just one! MUST TAME ALL THE DINOS!
My mind is so blown right now how prevalent the raptors are around there. Feast or famine I tells yah. Makes me nervous. Last time this happened an alpha raptor spawned right by my house. :?

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I've killed quite a few already so far, thanks to Dion. I can't wait to have a raptor pack like I did in my solo game.

I'm kind of worried. Nef, did you MEAN to leave some of your pets outside your walls? Your two Dire Wolves and Bear are on the beach. They're set to Neutral/Aggressive but they've wandered a bit since I last saw them. They just got attacked by a level 125 Carno and it was all fine until they knocked him back into the water. They stopped attacking and just stood there while he attacked them. I got worried and tried to peck him a bit to help kill him and I think I knocked him back up onto shore enough that they did manage to kill him, but I'm worried. I almost want to build walls around them to make sure they are safe. I mean, I can put a door so you can get them out then. I don't know what to do. ><

Edit: Before Nef reads all this and panics, your dinos are all safe and the hole is patched. =D
Last edited by Seilahyn on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
zedxrgal

Nef is in the UK hun and probably asleep. I sincerely doubt she meant to leave them out. :shock:
I can try and get on really quickly before leaving.

Edit: Freaking Windows updates. Trying to hurry. She'll be crushed if something happens to them

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I found where they're getting out at, I can't place a wall there though.. Ive tried. There's a raptor out with them now. They're safe for now.

Edit: Before Nef reads all this and panics, your dinos are all safe and the hole is patched. =D
Last edited by Seilahyn on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
zedxrgal

I hopped on right away and got everyone on my boat​ then built a wall. Everyone is back inside and safe. I may log back in late tonight but not sure.
Some douchebags though decided to hunt all up and down our beach line to Rubble's. Made me have to go to predator alley and hunt. :| I wanted to say something. But didn't

Nefretiti

Thanks for taking care of them :) and patching the hole.

There is a hole on one side where for some reason I couldn't place down more than one wall .. says obstructed or some crap like that.
I've been working on getting it along with the other holes patched. right now a large part of my 'new' walls are wood, I'll be working on upgrading to stone when I get home today.

I'm in scandinavia actually :) not too far from the UK

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

So I built myself a small enclosure for now so my dinos can not be mooching off Nef. It totally looked bigger when I was laying out the rails.. oh well. I'll expand later. For now it works. Here's the first layer of walls to show the size. I fixed the front right corner up so it's a little more flush and not as big of a gap.

Then while out gathering to make more Stone Walls I got attacked by a raptor. Well, it was attacking Dion. I tried to mount Dion to fly off but when I got close the raptor turned on me. It kept knocking me back with every hit and I couldn't get to Dion. Thankfully Dion was on follow and he came swooping in which distracted the raptor again and it turned back to attacking Dion. No matter how well timed I made my clicks I could NOT get on Dion who was flying circles around the raptor. I panicked and spam called Dion and ran for the taming shed. Thankfully it turned back to me as I ran through the shack and out the hole in the other side getting the raptor stuck. Now I could check the damage and.. well we didn't take very much at all. I broke my pants and feet on the way over getting bit in the butt, but it must not be very high level. So I checked it out and it turns out SHE is only level 5! Perfect! Switched to my Tranq Arrows and give her a couple shots before she turns tail to run, and stupid me forgot to close the door. I let loose one last arrow as she got out the door and then ran around the building thinking she'd be long gone when I didn't see her.. and there she was taking a dirt nap.

Once she awoke, friendlier this time, I took her in to meet her new mate.

I also tamed a little buddy with the intention of giving it to Zed as I know she was looking for one earlier when she had a piece of Prime Meat. While I was building my walls a little Compy girl of level 10 came up to me. She was quite pretty, a light blue with white feathers. I thought, "man.. she would have been great earlier" and then went about my business. Then I decided, "hey.. I should tame one and leave it in Zed's house for her!"

So I went and grabbed a Prime Meat and went looking for the little girl.. to no avail. I couldn't find her anywhere! So I went searching and searching until my meat expired. Nothing. Sigh.

I went back to working, harvesting, placing walls... then all of the sudden, there she was! So, taking advantage of the compy nature, I lured her into my compound and shut the door behind her. Now I KNOW where she'll be! I went off and found a Prime Meat and returned to tame her. It just took one meat and she was good. I noticed the E option was "Pick Up" and I did. Then... I got stuck with a compy on my shoulder for probably 20 minutes as I tried to figure out how to remove her.

Finally I did, and I had left her in Zed's house and went back to working. Now, I feel bad for this, but I couldn't give her up. After a couple hours and my 3 wall high walls were done, I brought her and my other dinos in. I just love her coloring so much. I tried to find another low level one that I could easily tame to replace it, but wasn't able to. Sorry Zed.

Anywho, I have a food trough placed with TONS of meat in it so my dinos should be fine. I hope. Although I'm curious, do you need a different trough per diet? Like, one with veggies for herbivores and one with meat for carnivores? Or can it all go into one and they can all eat from it. Curious.

Also, I have my guys on wander inside my walls. If you go in please be careful. Try to avoid opening the big doors and fly in if you can. I can PM you the pin I put on the trough if you'd like.
Attachments
EnclosureStart.jpg
EnclosureStart.jpg (813.33 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
NewRaptor.jpg
NewRaptor.jpg (368.96 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
Mates.jpg
Mates.jpg (634.62 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
ShoulderCompy01.jpg
ShoulderCompy01.jpg (579.9 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
ShoulderCompy02.jpg
ShoulderCompy02.jpg (391.23 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Seilahyn - your raptors are beautiful! I really like your ptera too :D

A titanosaurus got stuck near my compound and the stomping noise drove me insane so I force tamed it..But man it feels useless.. it cant harvest, only stomp with its legs (front and back)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Seila - Awe thank you for thinking of me! I completely understand about falling in love with her. Luck has not been in my favor in getting my compy pack together. But some day I shall has thems! Your compound looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it myself. I would also disable wandering. It's not needed. Your females will drop eggs without it. Wandering has to be enabled for fertile eggs. Oh and I sent you a Steam friends request before I logged last night. At least I think so.

Nef - Well gersh dernit. I must've had you confused with Tarn. :oops: I knew one of you lived in Scandinavia but couldn't remember which. Apologies. So you're 8-9 hours ahead of me. How cool. I'm a weirdo nerd with this kind of stuff. I am one of those annoying people who ask "how's the weather over there" but truly mean it. I find other cultures and life in other parts of the world extremely interesting. For some reason I was able to patch the hole by building a whole wall there. So yay for admin privileges?

Tarn - Awe ca'mon! Giant scaled cows are adorable no?

So this is the ONE whole screen shot I took the other day I forgot to post. Last night I was running around like a crazy woman on my allo so didn't get any. This is little Adara right after she was tamed.
She's like a moss green and white. She's pretty but would have preferred different colors. Regardless I am ecstatic the tame happened.

Nefretiti

I think she's lovely.

Actually both me and Tarn are in scandinavia. weather here is cold and wet at the moment .. not alot of fun.
I'll try to post some screenshots soon.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Its sooo cold and rainy here!

Zed I loooove brontos.. but they are also usefull and I can level them.. Titanosaurus.. not so usefull and I cant level it... and it wont eat.. just starve itself to death.. stupid thing.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Zed - You should make a small, double doored enclosure to hold Compies when you find one. Lead it inside, shut the door, then find a Prime Meat. You could even trap a second in the other part. I was actually debating doing this for you to pick which ones you wanted.

I saw a Theriz on the east bank that I wanted soooo bad. She was light blue with dark blue stripes and a black back. She was 75 I think? Too high for me. I didn't have anywhere close to the needed dood/tranqs.

I like having them on Wander. Makes it look like they're running around playing and enjoying themselves. I'll add double gate entrances so it'll be less risky to enter. Come in one door, shut it, open next door: no one escapes.

I plan to expand and make ramps and bridges for them to "play" on. I want to make a roost up high as well and use thatch foundation because it has a nest look. I also want to try and build around the forest to keep the trees and plants to make it more homey for them.

I have many plans.
Nefretiti

those plans sound nice, I may have a new friend for you when you get back on, that is if you like her.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Seilahyn - plans are good to have :D Keeps the interest going :)

Farmed meat and wood today.. Village is an amazing gatherer. Here we are enjoying the sunrise

zedxrgal

Tarn - Awe. I didn't realize they just stood there and looked pretty. I think to they're cute but personally I don't want any of the long necks. It's just not Felara's lore.

Seilahyn - The small wooden building by my paddock is meant to be a compy pen. Either that or a dodo coop & the compys would go somewhere else. I've not really decided. And like Tarn said plans are excellent. A trough will hold all forms of food fodder.
On my phone so I couldn't​ tell if that question was answered. Sorry if it was. Maybe tonight I'll work on getting some compys. If I make it on again. :lol:

Maybe it's just me but I'm a little bummed that so many people seem to be joining the server lately. It's great to have new players but bad at the same time. My hunting last night took forever & further from home then I enjoy. Not to mention some new people seem almost snotty. Again could be just me. I'm happy with new Petopians of course but the "outsiders" seem to be almost trollish. When I started there would maybe be 7 people online. Last night 18. No it's not bad but there are so many people just in our beach stretch now. I need to take over the other side of the inlet maybe.

Edit: Regarding the troughs. FOR ME it's easier to have separate troughs for fruits & veggies & meats. I have four total. 2 Meats, 2 Veggies. My meat eaters are parked around their troughs, veggie-saurs around their's. They will all eat out of the same trough if you mix but it's easier for me to keep track this way. My carnivores are pigs going through both troughs in less than 24 hours usually. Herbivores seem like dainty eaters. :lol:

Nefretiti

Some screens

Brunhildar. a beast I never thought I would actually have.
A tribe on our server were giving away a bunch of dinos and while me and Zed were there we got to see their bearcubs, I halfjokingly asked for one and one of them said he would give me a bear IF I tamed something using a trap.
my initial thought was "Hael no" but then I started thinking and decided to try it, although the trap didn't quite work as planned it helped me tame a trike and the person decided it was good enough when I told him and thuss I became the new owner of lovely Brun :D

These two beauties were from the same person

My handsome Alistair whom I will be eternally grateful to Zed for her help with the tame.

Tamed this beauty today, she's completely black with a darkgreen face and crest

Attachments
20170425173328_1.jpg
20170425173328_1.jpg (266.94 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
20170425173358_1.jpg
20170425173358_1.jpg (322.25 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
20170425173506_1.jpg
20170425173506_1.jpg (387.23 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
20170427004355_1.jpg
20170427004355_1.jpg (376.98 KiB) Viewed 2807 times

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Sooo... I don't suppose either of your borrowed my raptors.. did you? Everybody else is here but my raptors. I checked my walls, nothing is damaged so I don't think a predator was after them. It's odd that it's both raptors. I left them alone for hours and came back earlier and they were fine. Go take a nap and raid and.. now they're gone.

I'm not sure what happened. There are no gaps in the walls, they're high enough. Can someone else open your doors? I didn't think so as I don't think I could get in your doors before I was in the tribe. I'm.. really.. just a sinking feeling in my chest. They weren't all that high level, but.. still.That male was almost perfect. I kind of just lost all my urge to play right now.

Edit:
Someone just said they saw one of my Raptors outside my walls. How they got out is beyond me. It's really disheartening to know that no matter how well you build an enclosure they still get out. Seriously. I'm checking the Tribe Log like someone told me and I see that one was killed by a level 40 raptor. The other isn't mentioned, but I can't seem to find it. I flew around doing the "All Follow" whistle.

Edit Again:
Guy came over and told me I should build my walls up one more and he thinks it got out on my Smithy, I don't see it.. but who knows. Right after he left he found my male, who somehow managed to survive. He even was feeding himself. I don't feel as bad now. The female I can live without... the male was my favorite. Still a bummer. Guess Wander is bugged and makes them climb walls when you're not logged in.

Edit:
Oh god.. LOL. So, I was assisting a Bronx.. something Barayx.. little carnivore thing attacking a Diplo. I'm on a Ptero, so it's easy to peck his butt while going in circles without getting hit. Was going fine til I accidently hit a level 40 Dimorpho. They ignore the mount you're on and go for you, and it was whittling me down faster than I could kill it. (Killing flying things is SO annoying.) So I flew into Nef's base and hid under Betsy. That thing got WRECKED when it flew in after me. Incase you're wondering, that's why everyone's at Betsy's behind. >>;

I went back, finished off the Diplo and got Prime Meat. Was planning on taming the thing attacking it, but saw a level 10 Carno nearby. I tried tossing a Bola, didn't work. Dion repsonded to me being attacked and distracted the Carno, awesome. Wind up another throw and tossed the Bola. Guess who it hits? Not the Carno. So I Bola'd Dion who is now a sitting duck. I try one last time with my last one... nothing. So now I'm having to try and free Dion which didn't go smoothly. I kept getting knocked away while trying to remove the Bola. Eventually freed him and flew to a nearby building. Starting pegging the Carno with Tranq Arrows but he just ran away and I couldn't pin him in a corner safely. All in all, the meat expired before I could get him down and there were too many other predators around by that time.

Tonight is not my night so far.

Edit.. again:
Yeah, I think I'm done. I seriously just want to cry right now. The game is being such a fucking ass right now. I'm flying along and got knocked off by a Microraptor which stuns me after I hit the ground. Then I get gang banged by a bunch of Troodons and Raptors. I can't leave Dion there... so I take the risk of running my little Raptor out.The one that miraculously survived earlier. They're fast. I just need to get in range and whistle to him and run the hell out of there. Nope. Get close and BAM. Knocked off again by the Microraptor (must have been two because Dion killed one, but it was dark and my screen was blacked out from Torpor...). I manage to hop back on my Raptor and attempt to run, but it catches up without a problem and knocks me off again. Rinse and repeat but without the Troodons as now it's day time. My Raptor gets killed and I'm now out of ways to get Dion. I should have just freaking logged out earlier. Seriously.

--
dxc, the same guy who found my Raptor, noticed Dion all by himself and escort me out to him to get him. I got there just in time as he was fighting a level 95 Rex. I think I'll just stick close to home...