Ark: Survival Evolved

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Bad news for me. The update just wouldn't install. I think it actually corrupted the whole Ark files. I've now had to uninstall Ark and Steam. I am so hoping this fixes it. It kept saying "content file locked". Game wouldn't even launch. :( I'm going to try and install in order. Survival evolved, scorched earth then primitive plus and see if that fixes then the mods. I'm really at a loss. The patch kept saying it was there but on the top left under " network server stability " or whatever it says it just constantly said updating patch v256.21 or whatever. I'm so angry right now. All that work just freaking gone.
Fingers crossed.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Ack sorry to hear about that Zed :(

I farmed enough for my updated premade house. I wish they were bigger though..

It got 3 floors. Main floor production

Second floor bedroom - and i thought of putting some chairs on the pattio - maybe even some plants

3rd floor empty now but its going to be the "dining" room floor. All the food preparation mathingies will go here

Tamed the alpha bronto.. I almost died doing it but kiting and counting on it to get trapped worked. Husband thought it looked like it has measles so that´s his name.. Measles. need to farm for his platform saddle..

ohh and this thing nearly killed me.. it came burrowing from underground. Stood up spat purple fire then burrowed down the earth again..

Plans for today:
*Get Crystal! - soo much Crystal is needed.. blergh
*Build a raft
*Get Keratin and Chitin
*Tame something which flies.
*Scout out a new location for a main base.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Up at 8 am and its now almost 2 pm. Progress today:

Get a raft with a house and bed on - Check

Tame a flying dino - Check. Badass Petaradon. Needs a name

Find a suitable new location for main base - Check. Done building our production hall. Will do a nice little house with beds and a dining room later

In the progress of fencing in the area for our main base. No giant glass house this time around... too expensive in mats. So just going to do a REALLY big enclosure with buildings in it. The place We chose this time have no dangerous drakes or dragons so no need to roof it all in... We hope

Ohh and tamed an elite Dodo just for laughs. Named it WanderMeat. All it does is carry my lazy bones to and from the house as i build the fence.

No crystal yet though.. but need break to rest and do dragons in FR :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

is the game separate for europe and the US or can you still play on the same servers despite beeing overseas?
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ehmmmmmmm i think its seperate.. but not sure. It says eu behind most of the servers i think... but as i only play on my own maybe the others can answer that..

zedxrgal

All the official servers I've seen are EU /US separate.

Tarn - love those screenies! I would name your flyer Spark if a boy Cinder if a girl. Looks like it was on fire at one time.

And thanks for the kindness Tarn but all is not lost. Sort of? After completely uninstalling Ark & Steam, ........................................ basically what I said above, I was able to get back into the game but still found this:
It said this all day basically. After being dc'd from the server 3 times for a 15 minute update, the last one is when I lost my ability to launch the game at all, I get back in and it still says this. I've not been on yet today to see if the update actually went through.
I did let all mods etc update before launching. We'll see

Nef - Let me know if you want my servers name. It's a very low pop server and seems to be east coast-ish based. I'm in CA and the server is about 2-3 hours ahead of me. You don't have to join the tribe or anything. Everyone there is really nice.

A couple screenies before disaster of a level 75 Carno proportions. My five sweet babies before they were killed.
I'd accidentally whistled for them and they'd all lined up. Really broke my heart I lost my male Para. The male is the unsaddled one.

Another morning dawns.

So I do have one question.
I noticed when I finally had male /female pairs the newly tamed mate seemed to gain in levels extremely fast being "boosted" by the other. Is this normal??? I only ask because I felt so bad my female Parasaur would gain 6 levels by the time Bud had one or two. That's why she ended up with the saddle. She hit my level WAY faster.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

yes when you get a male and female of the same species you get boots. Some animals even get boost if you got 3 .
Rawr wrote:The Allos have the "fire" effect, all you need is to tame 3, the highest level one will have the effect, it is the alpha and gets bonus dmg and HP. :D :mrgreen:

Added a Thatch roof to our production building.. because apparently boxes is ugly... I been trying to learn how to build aesthetically

This has some good tips
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW9xqv ... Cbz6d6kANQ

Nefretiti

Zed - feel free to give me the name and let me know if you want my steam id, I wouldn't mind adding you but I don't mind either way. Though since I'm in europe I probably won't be able to join if it's an official server.

zedxrgal

Nef - Oh. You're in the EU??? Not sure why I thought you were east coast US.
I would suggest (if you're interested) trying on both EU & a US server.
Steam name: Zedxrgal
Server: NA PVE Official Primitive Plus 14 (no spaces between words FYI)
Spawn: South Zone 3

The MOST people I've seen on at one time is like 7 or 8. Server max is 70 so.

And omg! Speaking of nice people! I was gifted a Pteranodon! I couldn't believe it. So now I can get to someone if they need help. I did try to help someone tonight but the just kind of ignored me.

I have more screenies but again on tablet. Back to work tomorrow so less play time.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I felt like my production hall was still too uniform... so i gave it another go.. This is my best shot.. Im satisfied

And tamed a baddass scorpion - this is the poison version.

zedxrgal

Satisfaction is a good thing. :) I really should have built my compound against the shore when someone wasn't there but now that may be impossible. I may still try though and expand. All I can say is I built too big for my first go. So much stone & wood. But I'm happy.

Tarn - Love the house. That scorpion is gorgeous. Those are my favorite colors.

Must get in game tonight! Must take more land! :twisted:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Got our main house build. It is one of the premade houses in the Medieval Structures mod. I had to cheat for the bucket of plaster for it as there is no clay on the Island map. But also only resource I´ve cheated with so far

Image.

The interior - Living room. Have to find a couch mod which dont corrupts my game:

Dining area - same floor as the living room. All structures from the Advanced Rafts mod

Upstairs - bedroom. The bed and closets near it also from the Advanced Rafts mod

A sink to wash your face when you wake up from the Advanced Rafts mod - as are the light above it

The stairs to the main floor from the Medieval Structures mod

The street lights is from the Advanced Rafts mod

A view of our enclosure.. still have A LOT of walls to build. And we still need our underwater pen too

If you wondered where on the map this is i took a screen shot of it. There is a TON of trilobites on the beach so good source of oil and chitin

Now time to rest then chop some more woods so we can build the rest of the walls and start our underwater enclosure.

Nefretiti

I decided to just pick a random server and start since it seems I am not able to join you on yours Zed, at least I haven't figured out how and somehow by flailing wildly I managed to kill a lvl 25 compy .. now to figure out how to skin and stuff hehe

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Chop with axe = more leather. Chop with pickaxe = more meat :-D.

Nefretiti

I didn't have a weapon at the time

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Pickaxe you learn in your engram. Only takes wood, straw and stone. Once you got that you can hit rocks to get flint which you need for you axe. Both important engrams to learn.

Nefretiti

I know.
I'm not sure this game is for me, it looks neat and stuff but it just seems too frustrating, especially since you lose pretty much all your collected stuff when you die.
I would have prefered to play with at least one friend but since it's the same dumbass separation as so many other games I don't know.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

You can loot your corpse with your items if you can find it. Death helper is a great mod for that.

Some more help

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Tips_And_Tricks

Nefretiti

figuring out the game isn't the problem .. the lack of friends to play with is ..

Ah well .. at least I gave it a shot.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Sorry to hear you dont like it Nef. I adore it; even if i play alone most of the time. Downloaded a mod called eco's RP Decor. Got amazing stuff in it.. so now our little house looks a lot better: I need to find a bath tub mod now :lol: 8-)

And tamed a lvl 9 alpha Parchy.. though these guys are pretty useless so not sure im going to keep it

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Pachy