Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

Yeah the game is pretty laggy... i use most of my time on single player now exploring to see if there should be a better base location.
Zed i got a screenie of where the show player on map is but cant log into petopia on my computer. .. buts its under general..somewhere near the disable friendly fire thing.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I'm giving it one more shot because no one mentioned that I needed to cook the meat for the troughs. I didn't know the babies ate cooked, and didn't know you could put cooked in the troughs. I spent all freaking night cooking meat to fill FOUR TROUGHS FULL. Literally, that's all I did..... I even had extra I stuck in my berry trough. I swear.

This was my first batch, three males. Two look like their mom, the other is a mix of mom and.. I swear a new color. Dad is dark gray, but his sides look black. The black spine and red belly are from mom.

These were the two I hatched today. Both girls and they both are identical to dad.

I'm hoping they manage to live. I was told mutations happen more when inbreeding. I -hate- deliberately inbreeding, but... if it means I get colors. I'm going to have all four girls mate with Thanatos next round. I'll let them die if they aren't mutations, though. Depends on colors. I do NOT want to go through this hassle again unless it's worth it.
Attachments
FirstBabies02.jpg
FirstBabies02.jpg (772.25 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
FirstBabies01.jpg
FirstBabies01.jpg (813.27 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
SecondBabies.jpg
SecondBabies.jpg (524.56 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Whee i can post again.. Wain you are awesome!!

Oki first off the screenie to show where the show player on map mathingie is:

Next I thought i share my " hmm this might work as a base" location with you guys. Have not played so much.. but so far found two decent spots. I have cheat building stuff so I and you guys could get an idea of how it work building in that area

First places coords - and building/scenic preview. I think this could work. Easy access to water and TONS of metals nearby. Not needed to build as many walls as there are lot of natural barries. You get a REALLY pretty base here. i chose behemoth gate to seal it off quickly to show you.. where there are no gates there are a natural barrier. You get a pretty big base by choosing this location. LOTS of room

Second location coords/building/screenie mathingie. Located on a clift high above water. Plenty of natural protection. Decent proximity to water. You can always build UP instead of out and you should still be set to have a decent base; you can always choose to expand on the lower plateaus too. Also very pretty location. i did not finish the ceeling but hope you get an idea of it. Tip from me to you.. START with the foundation near the gates.. else you get some snapping issues even with S+

I probably play more tomorrow and get some buildy buildy thing going. I hope you dont think its spam as i REALLY enjoy finding location and a building a basic base mathingie to see what would work best

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Is that in the options screen on the main the main Ark page?
I don't know that it can be adjusted on official though. I'll have to see

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ehmmm good question!! It works on my dedicated server so maybe...

Next location; Stonehenge Base, I was able to put down 313 foundations.. i took the loc on where I got up to the base.. its a bit off the stairs but I hope you guys can find it. Good with metals nearby. Not much natural protection and water you need to fly for.. or use a "water every where" trick or mod... its not the safest neighborhood to build in.. LOTS of gigas on my solo game... The last loc screenie is just at the Stonehenge pillars.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

last ones for today.. will prob do some more tomorrow

First location. Really nice view. Totally protection from land based animals.. Only have to close off one side to avoid land animals. High above water so would require alot of piping to get water to work. HUGE surface area. Possiblities to expand to the other plateau with a bridge of some sort.

Here you get your landbased animal up

-------

Second possible location - bridge way near by. Just close off each end and you got yourself a base. Would also need piping. Not as big as the other place but workable; though not really for us I think.. but thought I include it anyway

-------

3rd location, a cave just above a pretty lake. Got two entrances both by waterfall. Only need to seal of the entrances and your protected from both land and airbased animals. Got both locations of the waterfall entrances. Easy access to water with the waterfall. Not the best view from inside the cave but could build a patio overlooking the lake.. bit uneven ground inside but can place foundations with s+ to even it out. I did not try to mine the rock in the middle but my guess is that is solid :). Very protected base.

Will do some more exploring/base location tomorrow.. Hope you guys enjoys it as much as me :D

some none base location screenies.. i found the wild gryphons :D

and some gigas and dragons :shock:

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Pretty kitty needs a name

Attachments
20170705002723_1.jpg
20170705002723_1.jpg (258.07 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

You should have seen them all when they were babies. Potato had a mass of big headed, Thyla babies following him. Right now I'm waiting for his female to birth my Thyla's babies. I'm hoping for a female with good colors. His female is gray body, white stripes, black belly, and red back. My male is black body, gray stripes, white belly, really dark brown/black back.

Aaaand he just had a Thyla orgy going on, lol.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Nef - Hmmm first name I thought of was Bear .. so big! And those claws!

Seila - I never bred actually but I can test if an inprinted baby is better than one which is not.. t There is an admin command it is "cheat setimprintquality 1" this will give it %100 imprinting, and instant growth works too admincheat setbabyage 1.. i can test later today.. any specific dinos you want to see it on?

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh, I know they are better. The imprinting gives them slightly more gain per level you put into things. I've noticed it with my two Allo that are now grown up. One has higher imprinting because one wanted Terror Bird kibble... and that one gains a little more per level than the other.

This is my Thyla baby I got from Potato's female. He said I can use her for the week, so I'll try again later. I'm keeping him because he came out a decent level and he's not that bad. I don't like the brown back. I was hoping it'd mutate or take my male's darker back. It did get his white belly, though. So He's gray body, white stripes, white belly with brown back.

I've got four Allo eggs that will be hatching soon. I would have used Loki to father these, but I just don't want his colors passing on.. so I inbred the two girls with their father. >>; Depending on what they look like.. I might just let them die off. I can't handle that many babies at once.
Attachments
ThylaBaby01.jpg
ThylaBaby01.jpg (489.99 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Alphs dont lay alpha eggs... so I wonder if I breed alphas would i get an alpha baby... hmmm sounds good to test that at some point :D That is an adorable kitten!!!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well, I didn't get any color mutations on my Allo, so they.. died. I had a random stat mutation on one, but it was I-think- Oxygen... or something else useless.

I got another that looked like Zooey, one that looked like Thanatos, one that had a black back instead of Thanatos' dark gray, and then one I sorta wanted to keep.. but didn't. She was mommy's black back, green sides, but got daddy's cream belly and it looked nice. Figured I will have plenty more chances...

I absolutely love the Thyla imprint animation, it's freaking adorable. I'll try to record it next imprint.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I think I've taken on more than I can manage ..

Attachments
20170706003430_1.jpg
20170706003430_1.jpg (259.63 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

You're going to need a lot of troughs and cooked meat....

I used my phone to record the little Thyla baby doing his roll when you imprint on him. He wanted a walk again, so it was really easy. I should have used my streaming client on the computer, but I wasn't sure where to upload it. I guess I could have put it up on my Twitch. Instead I uploaded it to Facebook. So uh, hope this works. I set it to public.

https://www.facebook.com/leashedragon/v ... 016751810/
zedxrgal

Tarn - Mine isn't found there. It's done through the .ini folder & command line manager on my host's site. BEFORE the 259-whatever-most-recent-breaking-rubbish-update my location always show the yellow "ME" on there with a tumb tack at the location. Now after the 260.1 update it just shows the "ME" which is oh about 5-10o off where I actually am if not more. Not sure how to fix that one. So I suspect the update broke everything worse than thought. Alpha breeding. Very intriguing.

Seila - That's so stupid cute.

Nef - I am out of town starting early Saturday to Monday or Tuesday so I can't help with the giga egg.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The map bug is on live, too. It was working for a bit then the last update broke it. Think you'll just have to hold out til an official patch.

Oh, also.. not sure if I mentioned it but explorer notes are bugged. Don't touch or get near them or you'll get a fatal error.
zedxrgal

I remember you mentioning that. I haven't gotten near them. I've not found a single one on my servers and am not really on 14 much anymore. I'll steer clear regardless.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

New Thyla baby! Holy crap.. breeding outside of an event takes for ever. I think that was.. 4 hours? Maybe longer, for gestation. Another male, but this one is almost all black. So I got an almost all white with brown back and an almost all black with white stripes.

Edit:
Here, have one of teenage Thyla and new baby Thyla! Just missing a juvenile and adult in the picture. I'll try to get a video of the little baby rolling around when his imprint comes up. I mentioned needing names for them and Levy said Yin and Yang. I normally don't go with cliche, overused, or unimaginative names by preference... but it is quite fitting. I was looking at alternative names that mean light and dark, but I can't find a dark name I like.
Attachments
ThylaBaby02.jpg
ThylaBaby02.jpg (485.08 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
ThylaBros.jpg
ThylaBros.jpg (647.16 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

the baby Thyla´s is adorable !

Yeah the map bug is really annoying... but hopefully they update that soon. I havent been playing as I had to spend a lot of time in bed due to pains.. but hopefully it be better soon :D

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Ok.. I think this should work. I recorded it with my streaming program so it's much better quality.

(Seems the youtube bbcode is disabled..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-178ZhJ5eoM