Ark: Survival Evolved

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Aleu »

Eeeh, speaking of which, where on the isle are you located? As in which spawn zone are you?

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Nef your iguanadon is super cute! Cant wait to see you ride her ! :D

Seilahyn I loooove wolves. Two good guard "dogs" you got there :D

I could not sleep so I got up early, ate some raspberries and tame myself two wolves and a Quatzl. Wolves are Pawsome and Furrtastic, Pawesome is the white male, Furrtastic is a female :D and Quatzl is Carry.. because she is the bird i use to carry my other dinos.. so genious with names.. :lol: Not sure what I was thinking when it dyed Carry but somehow I like it

This game never stops to amaze me on how pretty it is.. wish I could run everything on Epic graphic..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

What happened to you, Aleu? Last I saw you say something about taming a Dodo and that was it. I tried asking if you wanted a Trike and Raptor, but you were gone.

Also, Zed and I were scoping out new areas. We kinda claimed this and are hoping to create it into our super mega awesome base headquarters of DINONESS! Ahem. Anyway, here's a rough drawing to show plans. It's in the bay east of where we are now. There is a house about to decay in >12 hours and the other one decayed/was demolished already. We've placed a bunch of pillars to claim it already.
Yellow - Perimeter / Wall
Red - Behemoth Gates
Blue - Beacon Drops

It has enough room for 4, or more, bases in total. Base #4 labeled is probably the smallest area out of all of them. Base #3 has an Explorer Note thing in it, but it can be built around/near. (I forgot to put a gate marker on the north side of Base #3, it will need one.)

It has a lot of natural cliff walls to cut down on our building needs, although we would have to line some of the tops with spikes or walls to prevent dinos from falling in.

It also has a nice lake in which we can pen our water dinos in, only downside is that there is a beacon drop in it, so it might interfere with building IN the lake.
Attachments
NewBasePlans.jpg
NewBasePlans.jpg (140.97 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Yeah Aleu I waited for you then you were just gone. Must have been one epic dodo.

Seila - you saw my plan perfectly! That's exactly what I was thinking. Now all four of us need to decide yay or nay. I say yay.

Good points:
1) More than enough space for the four of us plus any newcomers to the tribe.
2) Resources are extremely abundant in every form.
3) No crabby neighbors to bitch we're encroaching.
4) More then enough water for sea tames, farming and baby raising.
5) We're not blocking a river.
6) Easier access to prime hunting.
7) Beacons
8) Did I mention no cranky neighbors!?

Building plan (in my mind):
Highest priority first:
Behemoth gates (water & predator alley side)
Perimeter walls.
Dino pens including water.
Homes

Homes can come before pens if you're choosing to be close to your animals.
Yes I know moving SUCKS but we've outgrown where we are and I dislike that both Seila & Aleu are strapped where they can build. Especially poor Aleu. If she wanted to build within the current walls she would be stuck building past my house by the gate on that side. If it make you guys happy to split up that's fine. :) I'm cool either way. I just want everyone to be happy playing.

Edit: Sorry to log out on you Seila. I was falling asleep at my computer & 615 am comes early. Oh and did you need queen bees?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I'm not against moving especially since I discovered a fence foundation belonging to our "dear"neighbour inside our perimiter preventing me from expanding out that way ..
Though a small rather petty part of me wants to stay and drive "him" off but that will serve noone.

I'd be interested in base 1 or 3 but I'm not picky.

My only worry is that right now I don't really have much entusiasm for doing much of anything on that server right now I'd feel bad leaving all the building and stuff to you ladies.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

No worries, Zed. I understand.

To be honest it will be less work than the current wall. Most of the natural cliffs will do the work for us.
Nefretiti

I think I'm partial to base 1 but at the same time I'd like to scope it out to make sure theres enough room for my menagerie there.
Even though I don't really hop on there for more than checking on my brood and an occational recon run let me know if you need me to haul mats or whatever else might be needed, the brontos can carry a great deal.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Zed thought you might the lake front property of #2, but definitely check them out in game to get a better idea.

So uhm.. Congrats Felara! You are now the new proud owner of a level 20 Female Sarco!!! =D!

I uh.. I kind.. got her stuck in your trap boat. I tamed her and didn't realize she wouldn't fit out of the gate. So uh.. she's stuck in there. She was over in the new areas lake and I thought it was odd for one to be there, so I brought her over to tame her. Your boat was closest so I pulled her into it. I'd have demo'd the stuff and got her out then replaced it, but I can't. Best part is? I don't really want a Sarco. I just tamed it cause it was there and I figured you, Sarai, or Aleu would like it. So... >>; my bad.

Braz just showed me around the swamp on the wolf he gave me. Holy crap is that good Prime Meat farming. Like literally got 6 pieces from one Parcer with the wolf. Just have to set them wolf to follow you, and Attack Your Target, just incase you get snapped off by a Kapro. It works, too. I got grabbed and my wolf responded and killed it. It's great for Chitin, too. I have 18 Prime Meat in a couple minutes just killing Titanaboa and Paracer.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Your building project sounds so fun!! Look what got trapped in my traps today.. an Indominus Rex.... she is SUPER big.... need ideas for her name as I need to name all dinos this time around.. She has an anger indicator like a giga but so so so much bigger!!! I dont want to color her so I made her saddle white

It does not make me feel comfortable for some reason....

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti

... I keep finding male sharks .. so I may have one each for Aleu and Seila if they want .. :oops:

zedxrgal

Good morning! Let me get my screenshots posted then I'll address everything. :lol:
Through the fog:

Another shot of Illia

If a bird's talons were that close to my dedicates I'd make that face too.

No my base but I thought this was hilarious.
One of these is not like the other.

Tarn - I love that. A mod I suspect?

Nef - I was thinking you'd want base #2 because the beach access is the best. So a water pen is the easiest build there. But whichever. Just let me know. I have Thursday off work so I will be starting to help then bringing my doed, stag, beaver and guard dogs over to aid Seila in building. I need to change the tribe settings (I keep forgetting) to allow anyone in the tribe to snap. This will ONLY be done for the perimeter walls!!! Everything from there will remain "personal". The beauty part to this cove is once the gates are in place at the mouth there probably won't be a need for an actual water enclosure EXCEPT for floating babies. I'll be honest I had my eye on base #1. But if you want it no worries. We'll work it out though. :hug:

Seila - I guess start on the mouth of the cove if you get a chance? And YAY sarco!!!! Thank you. :hug: They are my favorites. Other then allos of course. The best way to get something stuck on the boat is to run it a ground or pull away from the shore. She should stay there. Know what I mean? So I'll have to move my boat against the shore more. And I've seen three or four sarcos right on our beach. Still I Rise came and tamed one. :D I was thinking instead of spiked walls at the cliff tops build actual walls. Less resources I think than spiked walls. I also think actual walls have more health.

All - Don't worry about shithead neighbors. Once our cove is complete they can do what they want. Part of me wants to be a snatch and just leave our buildings & walls there. :twisted: All I can say is he better be damned thankful I've not been able to get to his body. But there's no need to play dirty like that just cause they want to. And I forgot what I was going to say. :? IF I make it on tonight it will be super late. I am 90% certain I won't make it on tomorrow. Lot going on. Family leaves tomorrow night. Again moving will SUCK but I feel in the long run this is perfect and will be amazing for us.

Nefretiti

As I said .. I'm not really picky since I don't really play on that server right now, I suppose I can just take whichever area is left when the perimiter is done.

zedxrgal

Hop in there and take a look Nef. :) I know you don't play on there hardly at all but want you to be happy. You can always use our current location till you're ready to move. If you want to at all. You can use my old home as much as you want. We have options. With the old base there is more than enough time to wait it out. No rush. My only rush is to colonize the cove before anyone else moves in. Our server seems to be getting busy.

Nefretiti

I don't feel comfortable taking a base someone else wants under the circumstances, Yes I do like base 1 but I'm content with whichever is avalible I guess.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Zed yup the indominus is a mod :) I hate fog but your rex is awesome!! hehe that wolfs expression :P :lol: fun thropy wall the base has :D

Edward got an update .. I like this version much much better ! - Man it took time to get an Alpha Therin :D. Nef I dont know why the name Allistar got stuck in my head.. but i keep wanting to call my Therin Allistar instead of Edward ;)

Nefretiti

My therizin is called Alistair because Therizin reminds me of Alistair Theirin from Dragon Age

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh Its just such a good name.. no idea who that character is but I really like the name :D Good choice

zedxrgal

Tarn - That alpha theriz is stunning.

Nef - As I said don't worry about it. I think I'll go on a pillar placing bonanza around our current house so you don't have to worry about leaving before /if you're ready.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

WHY is this a thing?? I never met them on the island map.. but there are a whole island of them on the center map...

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Zomdodo

stop it with the stupid magically dinos please :? :(

zedxrgal

QUICK! Someone give me some mejoberries! I need that dodo for my pack! :lol:

Or is BRRRAAAIIINNNNSSSS?