Ark: Survival Evolved

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Odd....

Potato observed his Quetz regening steam while flying which made him eat food like crazy. I wonder if yours somehow got hit and started flying? Or if it was just a bug and all Quetz just ate like crazy for a bit.

I just left a demo spot in my floor and log out in it. It's almost a guarantee now that you will fall through whatever you log out on.

When were you on? I saw you login on steam but figured it was to your server. Then I saw your dinos had max timers. I never saw you talk in chat. Did you tribe by accident?

Some douche took all my freebie stuff. Like literally three storage things full. Duplicates and all. Gotta love how people get their jollies off over doing things like that. I hope you enjoyed your self pleasure over taking free items for new players, that I didn't need.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Very possible it was a bug. What was even more odd was that I logged in, saw it was missing and read the gray tribe log message and walked out to where he was. Get this. He bag was there. I was able to get his saddle. Which again made no sense. So he had to have died pretty close to right before I zoned in. He definitely didn't fly anywhere because his little bag was right where I'd always left him. Next to my tapes by the coop. I just cannot seem to get over this though. I know it's just a game but I was VERY attached to that quetz and for it to just seemingly glitch and die was along with everything else one 14 was my snapping point. :cry:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I've noticed things are waiting until loaded in by someone. I auto demo'd two bplaces earlier in the week by flying near them.

Potato watched entire bases and dinos vanish as soon as their claim timers went up. Like, couldn't claim anything, it poofed. Starting to think that's what happened to my raptor.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Funny, this was another bug they claimed "fixed" in the last update.

Super-Thyla-Man!

Hopped on Zed's Rag server to play a little while Prim+ was down for a maint.

I found the Unicorn! He's running around the fields by the Lighthouse. I tried to tame him but he doesn't like my carrots. So I tried another one. First time taming a horse and I screwed up... I hit E too soon thinking she was stopping to buck and ended up jumped off. So I lost 20% tame effectiveness. Was upset. She went from +75 levels to +57. Still tamed out over 200. (Tamed after the below screenshot)

I started building near the little waterfall.. but there was a pack of Allo in the nearby tree patch that made me uneasy. Then while trying to gather wood in the other closest location that didn't have a pack of Allo.. I found a Giga. So I slowly (encumbered) made my way back towards my halfway built thatch place, killing Dodo along the way. I was poking one that kept getting just out of range of me, so I threw my spear at it.... it then proceeded to run around with my spear in it's head. I tried to get it back, I figured I could retrieve it like an arrow... It doubled back and...
Nope, you can keep the spear. I don't need it. It looks good on you! *shuffles away as fast as she can*

Oh, Zed, there's a Ptera that is yours near the cave I ended up moving into for safety. There is no offline protection on your server, so I hope you can get to it before that Giga or Allo pack get to it.
Attachments
SuperThylaman.jpg
SuperThylaman.jpg (856.92 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
FirstTame.jpg
FirstTame.jpg (889.93 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
KeepTheSpear.jpg
KeepTheSpear.jpg (909.57 KiB) Viewed 1016 times
zedxrgal

I really am not sure how to say this but ................................... do not tame ANYTHING you'll be attached to. With the instability of the regular ark servers I've notice some worrying things on mine. Like data not being save at all, connection losses etc. My host is aware. They're saying it's on Steams /Wild Card's side that they've received a lot of complaint from other owners of lost connections etc. I will check and see if that's even an option to prevent offline damage. I haven't seen it so far in my control panel. Anyway. I am very concern I may have to wipe it. A forced validation of the steam files did not work like suggested. This is happening on both servers. I'll be testing more tonight. Hopefully the latest update will fix any issues.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

yup i totally agree Zed.. i have the same problem

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

I just checked both my servers and I see not options to prevent offline damage. Nothing in either my command line manager or my .ini files. I responded to the ticket I already had with more questions.
Tarn - Now that I know you're experiencing the same issues I feel a little reassured it's not Host Havoc's (my host) side.
I am waiting to hear back. I'll keep you guys posted. I hope hope hope this is an easy fix. Wild Card really screwed up this time though. My servers are good for about 7-10 minutes of play then they lose connection. I have sometimes had to go to my control panel, restart my server, then get back into the game pretty much every ounce of progress I made was gone. This happened on both of my servers.

THIS JUST IN

Gotta love Host Havoc's response time. I love this company. So on top of the ball. They're saying after the update tonight I need to force another validation of the steam files again. Fingers crossed that fixes the issues. I am not sure how that can help you Ms. Tarn but that's what my host is telling me.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

going to try :D brb /well not right as it takes forever both to validate the game and to upgrade and varify the server :P :shock: :?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

just know.. that i blame you zed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JK no i dont heh

since when did they make it so that you get damage from a dino when you ride a dino?? thats new! :roll:.. i need a taller explore animal than my wolf now.... wonder if i max out a stego in speed if it would do for exploration.. maybe a trike :P

ughn.. my wolf got stuck in a rock so i ran back on my backup wolf to fetch my quetzal.. and now its gone.. no red comment.. and pet finder just dont work anymore for some reason?.. and i lost sooo much.. all my organic polymer.. suxs :(

logging out again and might try more tomorrow but done for today

zedxrgal

Tårnfalk wrote:just know.. that i blame you zed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JK no i dont heh
*throws self on floor*
NNNnnnoooooooooo..................

I say get a pachyrhino. Boost speed. Nothing like protections like a trike but the ability to immediately drain the stam of an attacker. Plus they're large but not so large they're cumbersome like a trike or stego would be.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh havent even considered an Pachyrhinosaurus.. might be a good inbetween dino...

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thankfully where I am located at my base is herbivore heaven (and giga heaven too yay :P )

Found Boulder.. an alpha Pachyrhinosaurus.. he is cute and all.. but not much damage on him.. and he cant gather stuff from animals like my wolf... so defo not an option for me.. wish I could gift him to you zed - might keep him for his cuteness..i dont know yet heh.. i have a tribe limet on 20k dinos on my server so no reason to get rid of him yet :D

I have not seen an alpha gryphon yet but that might replace my wolf.. easier to get away from danger with a flying animal... might go alpha pteradon hunting tomorrow.. or sunday

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Hmm.. I didn't notice any issues while I played last night. I only meant to play for a bit, ended up playing for 2+ hours. They definitely did a lot of damage with this last update though.

The horse was just a convenience tame. Helps me get around, can carry a bit of weight, and better at killing things than I am. Plus they can knock things out!

Tarn - Yes, you can get hit while on dinos. I've had Theriz break my armor while riding my wolf. Some dinos will ignore what you ride to attack you (dimorphs... annoying little shits). It might be any dinos that you're able to act from, you're able to be hit.
zedxrgal

Yeah I've no reasoning why last night it was just being so nasty with me. But my host swears forcing validation will fix it. I suspect it maybe because the servers didn't update properly or something. I don't know. We'll see though. Letting steam & ark update right now then I'll mosey to my host's site and work on the file validations. With luck it'll be quick.

Tarn - He's very cute! I used them for berry gathering and smaller tanks. I put points into movement speed, weight and damage.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I've been slowly losing space on my HD for a while now and I couldn't figure it out. I've defragged, disc cleaned, etc. I've moved things over to my second HD, I've deleted a bunch of things.. haven't installed anything new besides Ragnarok map. So I tried to log in to ARK just now and it's saying I don't have enough space to download the update, claiming it needs 25GB free. Are you kidding me? 25GB update? No freaking way. So I go into my Steam folder, right click on ARK and check the size. The game is taking up 91.5GB on my HD. How in the hell? It is taking up the same amount of space as Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Witcher 1, 2, AND 3. Literally. I'm transferring them to my second HD now to free some space up and they are 93.5GB all together.

I remember Tarn mentioning that her game would literally reinstall everything with updates and become a massive file because it wouldn't delete the old files? Something to that affect? I'm wondering if that's what ARK is doing because almost 1TB is ridiculous. I even went to the games page and it claims it only needs 40GB for the game... so where are the other 50GB? Center is 5GB, Prim+ is 2GB, and Rag is 3GB. That STILL does not add up for 90GB. (I clear out screenshots, too.. so no it's not my screenshots.)

Doing a quick forum read and it appears that what I remember Tarn saying is basically how the updates work. People were telling the person to reinstall the game because theirs was taking up 150GB. That is ridiculous. What the hell kind of developers run this thing? Dear lord. No wonder my system was slowly being eaten alive.

I'll probably do the update, log in and play for the night.. then before I head to bed uninstall and reinstall. I'll still transfer all my games to my second drive that I'm not currently playing for space as I've been meaning to do that for a while now. I also need to look into getting a SSD when I get a job....

Edit:
At the rate these updates go.. I might be able to play tonight...... it constantly stops and restarts. Going from 2 hours to 20 minutes, back to 3 hours to completely stopped.
zedxrgal

All I know is Wild Card needs to get their shit together before they pull this game out of early access in August. Game is jacked up even more now. Still having connection issues. Took my Rag server down & became too tired to muck with it. Left it offline. Had a busy shitty at work and was in no mood.
I did exactly as my host said. Forced validation on my Center server. Lasted a 15 minutes and got booted. This time I screen shotted everything and added to the running ticket. Tech support said to rename the map file. I basically said F it. Wiped the server and changed it back to the island. That server is now my guinea pig. My tester. I got my new character created ran around for like 10 minutes then logged out.
I'm too tired and salty to mess with it.

Sorry. I'll get to the Rag server when I feel up to it.

Regarding the offline damage thingy. By my understanding it's something specifically added to the command line manager. Which I don't know what the wording is or where to put it in the command line.

Also. I'll look but I don't think Ark is using anywhere near that much space on my hard drive. If it is ............. well that's another problem indeed

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

problem with having to delete the game and install it after every patch is that you loose your game.... i can feel the updates cramping on on my cpmputer space and one of these days i need to delete and reinstall again.. and loose all :/

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

You don't have to lose your save files, Tarn. Just copy them over to a safe place while you uninstall and reinstall the game. Then once reinstalled you can place them back in.

Just started the reinstall. Says it will take 18 hours... and require 94k MB which I'm kind of raising an eyebrow to. If that's correct, that's MORE than what the game was when I just uninstalled it. I just, what... looking at the download and it's saying 19.7GB total. *scratches head* I imagine there will be plenty of updates after it finishes, but 91.5GB vs 19.7GB...

SO! They updated Sabertooth look! I must say I like the new look better. Their faces are much more feline and their bodies look much better. Their stripes are much more prominent. They have a bit of a flubby belly going on between their back legs, though. Their teeth look more natural as well, but they have some weird alpha-missing piece at the bottom of it.

Argy and Ptera have sag butt now when they hover. They changed the way the wings flap to look more like a natural hovering motion. I only saw those two, so not sure about any other flying dino/birds.

I couldn't find anything to tame with the 2x rates at the moment. Every scorpion I found I didn't like, couldn't find a decent colored Kentro, and didn't see a single Allo.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Last time i tried saving the files it failed ..heh and yeah it takes up way more room than it says.

zedxrgal

Soon as I get on my computer I'll look at the file and see how much storage it's using. I wouldn't suspect more than 30GB because it's on a brand new laptop. Like just got it Tuesday. :lol:
The only change I noticed was that when I went to climb a ladder it looks like you're legitimately climbing now. You see more arms and the way they articulate. I did also noticed that my low level thyla looked more defined in it's face. Like kitty went to the groomer. :lol:
I've not been on any flyers to see a difference yet. Like I said. I spent maybe 10 minutes on the redone server before I just up and logged out from being frustrated & really tired.
Hopefully today I can get some testing in today. Tomorrow I have to get into 14.

Strangely. I'm really happy to have my one server back on the island map. I'm sure no one will want to join me on there which is fine. The Center map I just could never be comfortable. You were literally stranded in on spot until you'd built up A LOT then you had to have a damn good flyer to get around. Maybe once everything is back to a stable connection between host and game I'll revisit going to the center. My other complaint with the map was certain dinos were extremely rare. Like I'd swear non existent.
Anyway. *tottles out of thread*