Ark: Survival Evolved

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I still have a number of critters in my enclosure that is still owned by you Seila,unless you'd be willing to hand them over to Zed since she and I seems to be on at the same time more often, please?
I'm not feeling well right now so I may not be on much but I'll try to be on friday
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I've been logging in earlier to catch you two online, but no one has been on. I'm on right now if you're able, but if you're not feeling well I understand. If Zed comes on I can pass them to her.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Transferring anything from today forward for the next couple weeks might be difficult. I can shoot for this Saturday /Sunday but I won't have time off again till 06/23-27 but I'll be in Utah. I'm in CA and during the week cannot even get into Ark till around 5:15-ish or later depending on updates and the 10-15 min Prim plus load time. I definitely don't mind holding creatures though if need be. But I am just more concerned about getting on just to keep them fed, timers up etc. I'll work it out.

:lol: Seila. Snowball is totally creepy like that. I have a SS somewhere of her doing the exact same thing to me

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

1:22 am Danish time...man im smitten with ragnarok. Not sure we build on the best spot so ptob not going to expand more. Need to get a bird and go explore tomorrow. Any of you seen an interaktive map of ragnarok?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Tarn - Holy crap that's early! Oh my gosh. For some reason you just got me thinking that I've not had Danish food in like a billion years! *drools* Last I had it was from a good friend's grandmother & mum who made a roast pork dish, something w/cod or maybe herring and this unbelievably amazing chocolate desert cake thingy.

Waring! Cute SS's ahead.

My low level argy that barely survived almost dying about 10 times for a fly around.

Ok. I am going to admit. I did force tame this little guy. The griffins are a little bigger than I thought they'd be. Even force taming was a nightmare. They move extremely quickly and create a dust cloud around them when they move. I don't know if it's a glitch or not. This guy was only level 10. He flew almost exactly like my tapes do. The model is extremely gorgeous as you can see. This was the only one I saw
carefully and slowly covering about half the available map. There were a lot of places I could not go simply because of not having the cold weather armor nor was it safe to just stop for any length of time to remove armor when too hot. I saw all the usual suspects creature wise. The only things I did not see were tapes & quetz. I may have been in the wrong areas but I don't think so.
Any ways. Like I said the model is stunning & and flys well. My ONLY complaint is the wings not folding close to the body. They really stick out like that. Very wide. If you've plans for a fully enclosed flying pet these guys are going to take up some serious space because of those wings.

As stunning as the model is. As cute as the level up /feeding animation is I am not sure I am going to keep him. His colors are "ok". But the wings really bother me. A quetz or even a wyvern wings sticking makes sense because of the skeletal structure of the animals. This doesn't. No reason the wings shouldn't fold back into the body like an argy or other of the ark "birds".

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Played around in Ragnarok. The map is gorgeous. So many potential places to build beautiful bases. I did find Archa, Microraptors, and Thyla in the Redwoods, so the Wiki is just missing info. I also found a gorgeous sandstone waterfall area with tons of Spino, so they're also on Ragnarok. I have no idea where a cave is to check for Megalo.

I summoned a bunch of Griffin and I'm a bit disappointed with their colors. They're all very.. falcon/bird of prey colors. Browns, tans, and some orangey ones. I was hoping we could get some exotic colors like blues and purples. I do still love them. Their turn radius and horrid, though. It will literally just circle around you and never be able to hit you if you don't move, therefor.. terrible to try and save you if you get attacked. Their dive bomb is freaking amazing. I flew pretty high and just pointed straight down. I hit the ground within seconds and created a massive crash killing everything around me. Given, my Grif was 1500 lol. I also like that you don't get tossed around after you dismount. You just stand on their back and can jump off yourself.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

A Megalo spawned next to me at night at Viking Bay 1... had to wait til it went to sleep then kill it heh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Did some exploring and I think as for now we are pretty content with the place we build... maybe we find a better place somewhere.. but most places did not feel.. safe .. soo many nasty dinos around..

Tamed an Alpha argent (after dying like 50 times trying) Named him Mc Feather Pants.. he is scary at night :P This is his natural colors

On Mc Feather pants showing you guys our enclosure. I would really love to see where you guys have chosen to put down base :D I dont got a feel of "permanent home" for our place here.. mostly just meh about the location so could use some tips. I want some underwater dinos so need to be a place facing the ocean.. I am going to explore some more tomorrow :D

Got my hand on some dye and dyed my armor black.. and used glasses as costume instead of the usual hat :D

Also tamed a beaver for wood cutting since they nerfed the Alpha Thera to give mostly straw...Named the beaver Hugtand (fang in danish) Also natural colors

Out exploring on Mc Feather Pants.. soo pretty map!

Just watched mere parades base location video..might do a base around the water cave near the light house. Will go check tomorrow now :D :mrgreen: :lol:

Nefretiti

I'm envious of the gryphon Zed.
Lovely screenshots Tarn.
Stalker dino! *Hides from Snowball*

I've started dipping back onto Gallifrey abit and when talking to one of the owners she was kind enough to gift me this beautiful lad.

He'd bred with 83% inprinting giving him some really nice stats.
Attachments
20170614211638_1.jpg
20170614211638_1.jpg (241.51 KiB) Viewed 2823 times

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Wow thats a pretty color!!!

Trying to build around the underwater cave near the light house.
Pro: super fast and essy underwater dino pen. Good hight for building several "layers" of your base
Cons: no ressources other than a few rocks. Far from other ressources. Kinda boring scenenary with just rocks...Small building area horisontal wise. Covered ss much as i could with foundations. Layed out 450 stone foundations. I take pictures tomorrow.

Was building walls around and above to prevent dinos from falling down..but its past 1am again...so need sleep. More building tomorrow with screenies.

Really looking forward to see where you guys are building on ragnarok.

Nefretiti

My wolfie is finally home :D

I need to find a fitting name for my beautiful boy

he has a good number of mutations, I don't remember the exact amount.
Attachments
20170615011251_1.jpg
20170615011251_1.jpg (262.24 KiB) Viewed 2823 times

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

My three new tames (not including a black raptor with blue feathers I just tamed tonight) from the past couple days.

Male Kapro (I thought he was black, he's not.. oh well.)
Female Purlovia (Black and white stripes!)
Male Dilo (Almost all black with blue accents.)
Attachments
NewTames.jpg
NewTames.jpg (957.76 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Promised to show you the "new" building location. Location on map

When you see the light house just go straight down (the walls is my "dino fall down" safe guard i am currently building)

There is rock formation all the way down which forms a natural underwater pen. Totally sealed off from above too, so all you have to do is seal it off around the entrance with a single behemoth gate and you got your self an underwater dino pen. Deep enough for an alpha mosa to swim in and out

But ohh boy the landscape here is BORING! Im putting foundation down as there are NO natural resources other than a few shrubs.. you cant mine or remove the stones.

Closes resources are above the cave around the light house or over where you can see the redwood area starting..so bit of a bore. I have 400 foundations laid down on the picture where the foundations are and there are room to expand both left and right.. but i dont know.. bit boring though ?

above around the lighthouse there are VERY few places where you can place foundations/walls.. so you cant even build up there and fly down to your underwater dino pen below...

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Oki so I found a pretty area not too far from the lighthouse. I feel this is our home. It got super pretty surroundings, a wild farm of potatoes and carrots near by, and plenty of resources. In the second shot you can see the light house where We got our underwater pen just below it :D Comes complete with a super ocean view plus a stunning view over the green fields

And i need your help here... Which kind of wall do you use to build a half diagonal wall? - for our production hall. Could really use some input on how to do this pretty

Nothing I´ve tried have worked.. have tried diagonal/end roof and walls but no.. so i just took the ugly option and put full walls in :shock: :lol:

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

When I started on Rag to explore that's where I started. The sprawling fields were very pretty. I force tamed an Equus to explore on. I went up to the lighthouse and while I was enjoying the view got attacked by two Allo who killed my horsey, so I force tamed them then go in the third. (In your second post, first picture, that little beach was where I spawned in.)
zedxrgal

VERY busy day at work today so I have to say lovely SS's all. :hug:

Taken yesterday but forgot to post them.
DON'T SHOW ME YER BUM! HELP ME LIL DOED!

Some sweet t-rex nuzzles while trying to get stone. Doed looks perturbed.

I find it amazing that a level 20-ish rex was able to kill a level 90 raptor. I am not sure how.

Not sure I'll make it on tonight. If I do I'll try and get a screenie of where I'm at on Ragnarok.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Awww Zed that Nuzzled of the t-rex is super cute!

im super pleased with our new home. Its super pretty and i like that all ressources are with in range.. well haven't found obsidian and crystal yet... but those are not near anything usually :lol:

Found a super pretty wild Alpha Ankylo. Hubby think he is ugly but I just adore his colors. Not named him yet.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Hubby soo did not like the alpha anky so we got rid of that and got a normal one instead.. Named her Metallica. Also got a Doed and named him Rocky :) Both normal dinos. Both natural colors.

Husbands favorite riding animal.. Fluffy

Went exploring on my wolf - some screenies from my exploring time

I LOVE the RP mods i got on.. got some building done today.

Our main house - prebuild as I found out i suck at building aesthetically

Main floor : Kitchen. Still need forks, knives, and glasses on the table. Most of these are from Eco rp decor mod. The table with the tablecloth are from advanced raft mod

The patio of the front deck. One side you got your hammock. Other side a couch and some chairs to sit and enjoy the view. need to find an outdoor grill and to build a canopy and a table

Second floor - Living room. need some decoration here

Third floor - bed room.. Needs LOTS of work.

Also thought I wanted to show you the inside of our production hall. All of this is custom build by us :D

First floor :

Second floor:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Do you guys play less ? Or just take less screenies :P ?

We been on a taming spree. Found a cave with LOTS of alpha T-rex and two omegas.. so they had to come home with us. The green and blue is the only ones Ive dyed in, rest is natural colors

Also added an Alpha Thera.. we need the straw and this dude had such pretty colors

Also got our hand on two Ptera´s.. they flew near the wyverns so we died soo many time getting these. Both dyed by me

zedxrgal

I cannot believe how much bigger an alpha is compared to normal. :lol: I love your SS's Tarn. Your buildings are stunning.
For me it's both. Got some Ark time in last night but didn't take a single screen shot. I'll try to remember to get more but no promises. :lol:
Last night was just a lot of wasted time trying to make a new house work when it just wouldn't. Very frustrating.
What really sucks is any randomly placed pillar or foundation was destroyed. Logged into primitive plus too find my paddock over grown and returned boulders long since removed. My lumber ramp to my house randomly gone. My placed pillars for the upper level of my house gone. Almost like the did a mini wipe. I think because the server has ballooned with players that was done.
Anyway. I really dislike getting onto primitive plus 14 now. So so many people.

Edit: This is unfortunate.
Hey guys,

Lone Pillars that are connected to non-spawn blocking structures will be destroyed on Official Servers after 12 hours.Decay time is otherwise unaffected for all other types of structures. Our intent is for players who claim land to make use of the land, and not just hold it. We'll be monitoring this change to see whether it has an effect on pillar claiming and make changes as necessary. This change is only on our Official Servers, but Unofficial Servers will soon gain the functionality to make this change.

Thanks,

Jat

Jat is a game developer for Ark. So this is officially a "thing". This is why my pillars and foundations have disappeared. Which means if you find a new building spot on a official server you must build a structure right away otherwise poof.
Last edited by zedxrgal on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.