Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

You have your own server now right? I am just smitten by Ragnarok. Its just super amazing to have access to scorched earth buildings and core buildings all in one plus the map is stunning!

Got a mate for Fluffy, a female Thyla named Poofy. And a mate for Pawsome named Furrtastic. Both dyed by me

Going out to level up the blue wolf now :D - Her pooping is broke..

Spotted a nice spot for a solo base - not too much room inside but good enough for one person.. i think? If not there is also plenty of metal in here and some pearls in the water. Not sure if its big enough to get a giga or titan in though.. but pretty and closed off. The water is not too deep and would provide irrigation. Maybe you could have your dino pen outside and then just production inside.. idk.. too small for us though :D - but thought i would share

going out to test her against wyverns... she probably loose heh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Tarn - Yes I have two servers that are mine actually. One for the center one for Ragnarok. I really love Ragnarok. I am in a nice inlet where I can have some sea creatures safely without a pen. I am really far behind in building though simply because of not even seeing a theriz to tame for fiber. I finally found beavers and got one of those. Been using a gallimimus for that since that was easy to get. Have a low level doed. Still no anykl. I found some way to the south east but I also found a wyvern roost it would seem. Actually they found me. Lost my one argy, two pteras and a ton of stuff because my dumbass knows better than to go looking for anything with important items in one's inventory. I was taken out by a large poison wyvern. I never saw it coming. But it was instant kill. I flew to at least get my stuff. Killed again by the same wyvern and a 3rd time before giving up. I now have to play catch up. *sigh* But that's Ark.
Love your new tames!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Zed - Could I get the info for your Rag server? I probably won't be on it much, but I do enjoy the map. My only issue is I saw very little spawns when I was exploring. Lots of open land and very few dinos. I wonder if you can personally tweak spawn rates? I'm hoping they release an official Prim+ Rag server soon.

I take screenshots occasionally but I end up deleting them because I forget to post them. For me to post I have to go into Gimp and make them smaller, then lower the quality just to post them. It's such a hassle if I have multiple screenshots. Photobucket is terrible now, imgur limits the number of images that show up.. and there aren't many free file hosting sites out there that don't limit your file size or resolution size. My default resolution is 3840x2160 and I like high quality screenshots... so most of them by default are 6mb+ each.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Zed how did you get your own dedicated server? I soo cant figure out how to do it.. my just stop after this.. not sure what I am supposed to do...

Plus i DONT want battleeye on.. i want to be able to cheat :lol: 8-)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

My dedicated servers are hosted by HOST HAVOC. I shopped around and not only did they have the cheapest prices but the easiest interface etc. They create the server and keep it running but I own it, maintain it etc.
Tarn my be better at telling you how to create a undedicated server. I have no clue how it's done. I'm pretty savy on things but not that savy. :oops:

Edit: Regarding battle eye. With my servers I do have the option to not run battle eye. I prefer to have the protection battle eye provides. Battle eye doesn't prevent cheats on unofficial servers. If you create a unofficial servers you can safely cheat to your heart's content with battle eye enabled and not have to worry. :hug:
Last edited by zedxrgal on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Are your server unoffical zed?

Tried the ark server manager and tried following the video

Already hit a glitch... when trying to start the ASM up i get this

As i said I got ZERO technical savvy so got no clue what to do when the window opens..

Also the map section dont come with ragnarok :/ which is what we want to play..

First off it cant find my ip adress

Even manually tried to put it in it does not work

played with the ASM for a bit and got to the point where the video tells me to hit the green button which says upgrade and verify..and i cant do that... sigh.. and it wont run the server..

so much time wasted doing this... Why cant they just make it easier with the non dedicated server... :(

I wish i had the cash to pay for someone to do this but i dont..

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

a new tame

I gave Alistair a pair of glasses .. he looks both cute and rather funny now.

Attachments
20170618174932_1.jpg
20170618174932_1.jpg (303.43 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
20170618224015_1.jpg
20170618224015_1.jpg (101.38 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Think there was a misunderstanding there, lol. I was interested in the info on how to connect to your server for Rag, Zed. I know you said it's open to Petopians. If you could PM me the info.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

LOVE those glasses.. where do you get that?

I FINALLY get our dedicated server up and running... means I have to start over again and there is a TON i need to learn..

Btw zed i got the server free through the ASM from ark. takes A TON to learn but this should help :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgegBY ... e=youtu.be

It loads all our 18 mods all over each time so it takes time to run... but once set up hubby can play even when i dont play

zedxrgal

Seila - I thought you were interested in having your own server either undedicated or dedicated which is why I posted that information. I'll pm the information when I'm home. My servers are whitelisted so I'll need to add you to the list before you'll even be able to see it or access it.

Nef - Gorgeous new Theriz. Grats! Ali looks adorable with the glasses.

Tarn - That's good information. Thanks

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Eeeee omg! Thanks to Rubble I just tamed a Thyla I've had my eyes on! He gave me a bunch of Lamb Chops as he had a ton left over and some Longrass to make the one kibble I could. I flew back to where I left the Thyla last night and because of how the game works, he was exactly where I left him! (Thank god no one really goes to the Redwoods) It was nerve wrecking. He ran from the safety of the ruins I had him lured into and collapsed on the edge where it wasn't as safe. Had a few stupid Terror Birds attack my Argy while he tamed. The kibble gave him 34.8% alone, so he tamed in maybe ~10mins? He was only level 20, but he's black with the light gray belly stripes.

I'm currently logging back in. My game was so choppy I made it to a WOLF base nearby and logged out. I don't want to risk dangling such a valuable tame from a Quetz when my game keeps locking up. I don't need a light speed quetz repeat resulting in killing me, my Thyla, and possibly my Quetz. I'll update with screenshots once I'm back in and get him home to safety!
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I'm not sure where the glasses come from, they show up automatically in my inventory. Might be because I bought the bundle. I Only get them on the official server I play on.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Dino_Glasses_Skin
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I think the glasses are just from purchasing it while it was still technically in "beta testing"? I have them as well and I've only purchased just the base ARK: Survival Evolved.

Anywho, screenshots!! (Of course it HAD to start raining...)
Attachments
Thyla01.jpg
Thyla01.jpg (858.45 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
Thyla02.jpg
Thyla02.jpg (572.32 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
Thyla03.jpg
Thyla03.jpg (658.87 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

zedxrgal wrote:Tarn - Yes I have two servers that are mine actually. One for the center one for Ragnarok. I really love Ragnarok. I am in a nice inlet where I can have some sea creatures safely without a pen.!
Where are you building ?? Would love some screenies:D

So pretty Thyla Sei. My hubbys favorite ark riding animal :D

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

All these screenshots are making me want to play.
I think I mentioned before that I quit after only playing for a few days during beta because I was annoyed by all the darn children screaming over voice and camping my newbie body with their dodo armies. I didn't really get mad, which likely made them get bored easily.. It was just annoying and not fun.

So before I even hit the reinstall button, I am curious... How do you 'paint' your animals. Do you export a UV map or something, doodle on it, then import it back in? Are you given a paintbrush and you just hope to god the animal doesn't move while you slap it around with the brush a few times?

Also, how long generally does it take to level up these days to the point where you're no longer only with Thatch stuff?

Siggy under construction!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

That's exactly why I didn't pick a PVP server. There are some things that would be neat with PvP, but there are just too many childish idiots out there. We get them on PvE servers, too. They just can't do much but troll chat or just build things all over. Pick up is disabled, which sucks for taming.

For painting, when Tarn says it, she means admin commands. You can do that on unofficial or single player mode. There is a paintbrush that you can paint dinos, saddles, and structures with. You put the color on the brush the swipe it on what you want to paint. It will bring up a window that you can turn the model around, up down, etc. It's very limited on brush size though. (Dinos are free paint, structure/saddles have regions you pick to color.)

It didn't take me long to get to Stone stuff on an official server. Most unofficial have increased rates. I just killed every dodo I found and crafted. Some servers have newbie free boxes for stuff. I have two set up outside the main gates where I put beacon drops I don't need. Need to make another.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

That's good to know. The painting sounds a bit wonky, but might be fun to play with eventually. I was thinking if I joined a server I'd try to open a paint shop xD I'd die off pretty quickly otherwise.
Newbie packs sound nice. My first try on the game I was only able to make a thatch house, and a big ol' dinosaur started stomping around on top of it D: It was the worst. Lol
Thank you for the info :>

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Bowno wrote:All these screenshots are making me want to play.
I think I mentioned before that I quit after only playing for a few days during beta because I was annoyed by all the darn children screaming over voice and camping my newbie body with their dodo armies. I didn't really get mad, which likely made them get bored easily.. It was just annoying and not fun.

So before I even hit the reinstall button, I am curious... How do you 'paint' your animals. Do you export a UV map or something, doodle on it, then import it back in? Are you given a paintbrush and you just hope to god the animal doesn't move while you slap it around with the brush a few times?

Also, how long generally does it take to level up these days to the point where you're no longer only with Thatch stuff?

Once you can make a paintbrush you just move up to an animal and slap it with it.. then a window opens up where you can paint.

If you are an admin and can cheat you do the cheat SetTargetDinoColor Region Color command.. e.g. cheat SetTargetDinoColor 0 6 would color a Direwolf's "body" magenta.

How fast you lvl are up to the individual server. If you run a solo game or an undedicated/dedicated server you can set your own xp rate :D but i would say fairly fast in any circumstances :D

zedxrgal

Yeah if you restart I would suggest PvE for sure. You could hop onto the official server most of us are on that's Primitve Plus 14. Warning though. Prim plus has between a 10-20 minute load time. It's the island map which is the most recommended for newb /newish players. And you can level up quick as Seila said just by gathering & wiping out the local dodo population. I am also more then happy to help if I am on and you join 14. One of us can always repost the 14 server information.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Thank you all for the information and help :> I think I might install it here pretty soon. Dunno when I'll get a chance to play, but might as well get the long install and updates out of the way xD