Ark: Survival Evolved

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Forgot to post earlier.

Finished my taming boat. I took it up the NE coast where I had seen some Sabertooth along the beach. Parked it near ShadowCasters place and took Dion into the woods. Came across a black Saber and a brown one, so I lured the black level 20 male. This.. was so freaking funny. Now.. he was up more towards the mountain. There are several cliffs in the way. I figured he'd just fall down them as most do... but noooo. This cat LEAPS at you from the cliff edge. Do you know how much I busted out laughing at the first, very high, cliff that he ran full speed at and JUMPED swinging at me on Dion? I had to stop and gather myself and find him again because I had no idea he would full on believe he could fly with me.

Anywho, lead him down several more cliff edges with him leaping like the cat he is and eventually into my boat. It worked like a charm. Couple head shots and he went down. Turned the boat around so he'd be safe and went to gather Prime Meat. It didn't take long to tame him.

I named him Mortichai after my baby I had to, after over a year of fighting, euthanize back in February because a vet screwed up his surgery. He looks nothing like him, as Morti was a fluffy brown tabby with white paws/belly, but still.

I made some adjustments to my tame boat when I tried to pull a big dino into it and it didn't work. I didn't think it would, but now it should.
Attachments
Sabertooth.jpg
Sabertooth.jpg (792.75 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Mortichai.jpg
Mortichai.jpg (772.86 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I really like Mortichai ! Also cool hair style :D

bored waiting for husband to come home after a long shift.. its almost midnight here.. so what do a girl do... whelp she paints her house .. in ark... in terrible colors... only one side done as my eyes hurt heh

need to redo it later when i grinded the mats for a spray gun..

ohh and and a helpfull video for the "My videocard crashed"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPyMLZHtFPw

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Man, I'm so sick of losing a tame within the second/minutes I'm setting up for it. Really. I found a dark blue Iggy with a light whitish underbelly and dark blue stripes. I said "screw it lets do it".. then I found a Baryonyx nearby that was black with cream stripes/belly. I was torn between the two, but the Bary being level 95 made me decide to go with the Iggy. It was literally on the other side of the bay we live in. So I drove my boat over after grabbing narqs and berries, hop on Dion and go to lure him in... freaking Pegobird things STEAL ALL MY BERRIES. Worse part is.. you can't get them back even if you kill them. So I had to fly back home, grab more berries, then back over. Not far. IN THAT TIME... Iggy gone. I searched all over. I found a level 10 male but I was pretty sure he wasn't the one and the one I was looking at was 55, but I can't find any others anywhere.. so I pull him. It's night time, I can't tell his colors very well. I take the boat back to our beach and wait til morning. Yep.. not him. This one is gray and dark gray stripes with a light underbelly. Decent looking, but not what I wanted. So I let him go.

It just kills me, it really does. I'm so picky with colors that when I finally manage to find something IT DIES. I'm like a death sentence for things I like. I saw a Carno I wanted earlier... attacks a Trike and another Trike assists, kills him. Welp. I guess I need to stop liking things for their lives depend on it. ><
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I am SUPER picky too so I understands your frustations. What I often do is that I tame a dino when I need it.. then replaces it if/when i see a color I like.

Have you tried this mod? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext= not sure if it is allowed on your server but soo many more cool dino colors..

and If you can make a paintbrush you can actually slap your dinos with the paintbrush and paint them.. its a bit tricky but doable :D

I FINALLY figured out how to paint my dinos as ad admin which is much easier than the paintbrush... so yay new colored dinos. I want this Center mathingie to be fun so Rockcana been replaced by a normal doed instead of a baddass version and have some funky colors, I tamed a normal Tapejara and named him Toruk and mod painted him and Fried chicken also got some new colors.

Later today I need to find a normal Anky and a horse which I can mod color.. just need to decide which color I want it in :D .. and that yellow/brownish i got on our production hall is a bit boring so need something better for that :D - This center playing thing is not going to be like my super planned base on the Island.. I just do this for fun to see if its worth playing :D

I might move away from the female and male saddle color idea I had and then just dye the saddles in to fit the dino...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Love the paint colors Tarn. I have need to paint​
my saddles. I really try to make the saddle match the dino color. My OCD doesn't allow for anything else. :lol:

I have a few screenshots taken last night I can't wait to post tonight when I get home.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Coordinated saddle and dino colors... yay :D Also tamed a new horsie and gave Edward some better colors.. he is still not nearly as good as an Alpha though :? but i suppose he will do for now...

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I think the server host needs to use the mods if I'm not mistaken. We're on an official server so I don't think it's possible.

I played with painting and take it from someone who use to draw with a mouse, it's worse than using MSPaint. You literally have a static size and shape. It's a thin, long rectangle. I tried painting on various dinos before I gave up. I tested it on my house, then painted a few saddles.

I made white and light blue. I might have to try a darker blue as it doesn't coat certain saddles well.

Oh, I forgot to post my screenshot from last night. I'll post it when I get on my computer.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

A player on our server started up his own dedicated server and when I asked I was allowed to play there.
It's been more fun than I thought to 'start over'
I'm currently taming my first dino there, an iguanadon.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

aye the paint brush is a pain.. they need to enable dino coloring with the spray gun...

Nef starting over is actually really fun. I started over A LOT and learned from it

zedxrgal

Frankly in a way I cannot fathom starting over. I've built so much. At the same time​ it intrigues me. My only issue is I barely have time to play on one server let alone teo.
:lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

You could always try a scorthed earth server... i have yet to try that .... maybe next project after the center. ..

Nefretiti

My house on the new server.

my first and so far only dino Inga the iguanadon. there are actually saddles for them there, I look forward to riding her when she's abit higher.

Attachments
20170508210511_1.jpg
20170508210511_1.jpg (429.13 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
20170508210458_1.jpg
20170508210458_1.jpg (381.96 KiB) Viewed 2908 times

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

After this last update, I really should get back into ARK. I'm just one of those people who don't like playing it alone. So I guess I'm in the market for a new server if anyone knows one. I'd prefer to keep off any official servers. .-. No good memories on those.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Nefretiti

me,Seila and Zed play on the same one, it's a nice server with friendly people .. I lost count on how many dinos I've been gifted and how much stuff they've helped me get.
the downside is its Prim+ and for some of us the login times are absolutely awful.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The server is quite helpful and friendly. The trolls and like don't seem to last because of the log in time and everyone else seems to gang up on them. Vae was telling me how they all ganged together to literally WALL IN a troll so he starved to death and couldn't get out. Was hilarious.

Our little area is surrounded in a big perimeter wall so not much can get in. We have a few things spawn inside, but I think the biggest threats are Dilos. It's mostly Pego and Compy, which are only a problem if there are more than one of.

We actually just Allied with WOLF, which includes Shadow Casters (the guy who helped me build my tame boat) and Still I Rise (Vae, who is really nice and has given us dinos). There might be more, but that's all I saw while on last night.

WOLF actually gifted Zed and I a Wolf when we joined. They kept calling them "green feet" and they literally have.. green feet. They also gave me a Raptor to take with as well. So I rode the Wolf with the Raptor and Dion in tow home. Thankfully everyone was fast so it wasn't that long of a trip. I was worried about crossing the water, but the Piranha weren't bad.

I decided to put the wolf in the coop and I can't help be think "You're in the wrong neigborhood MF'er!" when I look at it now. Even the Dodo look like they're giving you that look.
Attachments
WrongNeighborhoodMFer.jpg
WrongNeighborhoodMFer.jpg (897.44 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Looks nice. I'm too worried about the log in times. Wolves are probably the one creature I'd want fast, but due to were they are, it's a little difficult. XD What map is it on? Center or the Isle?

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The Isle.

If you'd like to join us, here's the link Zed shared with me: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... &start=220
You'll need to download the Prim+ mod: http://store.steampowered.com/app/50815 ... onversion/
And if you don't have it, The Center (even though we play Isle): http://store.steampowered.com/app/47385 ... 1_5_9__300

The load times varies from person. It should be anywhere from 10-20 minutes total to log in. I know I relogged last night and went and got a shower. I walked back in my room right as it switched over to the map loading. If you leave the client open you can log back in faster. It's just the initial log in that takes a while as it loads all of the Prim+ stuff.
zedxrgal

You're definitely more than welcome to join us Aleu. It might require a minor expansion on the perimeter wall though. :? Interior we've noticed some issues with dropping foundations. We're happy to expand though & I know Seila & I really enjoy building. If you do just let one of us know so we can get you invited to the tribe. Also totally cool if you don't want to build within the compound. We can easily transport you wherever you want to rest your head. South Zone 3 is the closest spawn FYI. :shock: You could, if you wanted!, build on the other side of the inlet. :twisted: No pressure though. Just let us know.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I think our biggest issue is all the pod drop points in our area. Nef has one on the beach next to her preventing her from building out that way. You(zed) have one on the beach on the right of yours preventing you from building that way. Then I had to change the wall a bit because there's a drop point in the woods there. We're also kind of confined by the two other people built nearby. I'm wondering if maybe we can scout out a better local to built our big ultra facility to house everyone together. The inlet would be great.. but Sigmas has a random building there for some reason. ><
zedxrgal

Ya know. I completely forgot about the beacons that come down right next to her & I's houses which may be why things won't place. Ugh. I think I may scout around then. It would suck to move everyone but there are a few spots I've seen that were uninhabited that would make excellent compounds.
I shall look tonight. Maybe even start dropping walls if the spots are still unclaimed. May even stick around to make sure it's not next to any beacon spawns.
Funny cause when I started the server building where I did I didn't even realized a beacon spawned there. Only have my hut was long built when I saw it and was like "WTH is this?". :lol: