Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

Is it me or have Ark been unusually laggy since last patch?? I keep loosing connection to our own server....

Soo not a good place to lag...

some other screenies of our explore time.. the little we got to do between loosing connection..

What is that red thing ? :shock:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Yep. Random dcs, crashes, etc. The game itself has been having a lot of issues keeping textures loaded as well. This latest patch of fixes has done more bad than good. Also, a lot of the things they said got fixed... still happening.

Looks like a Ptera? The wings connect to back legs and the straddle of the legs seems ptera-ish. Wait no.. It's a Tapejara. Wing edges are too rounded for Ptera.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

It was spewing fire....might be a dragon or wyvern i have not Steen before...crashed before i could check it out more...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I was going to say a wyvern... but it looks nothing like one. There's no tail.

It's a fire breathing Tapejara!
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So glad I'm not home. The game's current condition would make me nerd rage. :|

Ok that to me looks like a alpha ptera. I know you have that alpha mod Tarn. But I'll happily accept the fire breathing tape theory. Where do I sign up for one of those!

Side note. Off topic maybe?
My guy surprised me by taking me to the natural history museum to see the dinosaur exhibit!!!! :headbang: :hug: There was a theriz skeleton!!!! It was amazing! To see the real fossils and have the mental picture of the Ark creatures I've tamed and ridden was quite unreal. I mean. I know Ark is a game but everything in game is so true to form it's a mind blowing moment. There was a Beezlebufo skeleton! It wasn't on display but you were able to walk by and look into windows of one of the huge fossil vaults and that's where the bufo was. It was unreal how large the frog was. To see so many skeletons of the Ark creatures I love ............ just wow. I'll post a few pictures if you guys want when I get home.

Edit: Butt sniffing Wolf cracks me up.
Last edited by zedxrgal on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I LOVE fossils. I'd love to see the pictures you get when you return, zedxrgal :D

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

zedxrgal hehe hubby dont want picture of him in my screenies.. but his doggy were on follow so yeah fun screenie..

The thing might have been an alpha.. been taking a day off from gaming which is great :D

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Sorry, non ARK related rant incoming...

Apparently I need to stick to pets in a game as I'm not meant to have any in real life. I'm currently holding my dying guinea pig, Balthazar, in one arm. Came home, came in my room... no guinea noises. Odd. Check on him and he can barely stand, keeps throwing his head around, falling in circles. No idea what the hell is wrong with him. I've tried offering him food, water.. doesn't want it.

Lost my favorite rat, Rain, a month~ ago. No idea what happened to her either. Was fine just the day before, checked on them before I went to bed.. mom comes down several hours later to let me know the "black one" was dead on the bottom of the cage.

Had to euthanize my 3 1/2 year old cat, Mortichai, my baby who meant the absolute world to me and I will NEVER be able to replace, back in February due to complications from a botched surgery when he was 1 1/2 years old. (PU surgery)

Before moving back to PA, I came home with my mom one night to find Zeke, one of the outside cats, huddled up against the house acting strange. Check on him to find out he was not doing ok. I brought him in and put him in a dog crate with blankets and wet food, water... tried to make him as comfortable as I could... he passed a few hours later. (My boyfriend's father knew he wasn't acting right and seemed sick... DIDN'T TELL ME)

Lost both my mice, Tess and Zurie, but that was most likely due to old age as they were going on 2~ or possibly older.

June of last year I had to euthanize my 1 year old cat when I came home from work to find him barely able to stand, falling over, with an odd smell/gunk around his mouth. Rushed him to the vet to find out his kidneys were failing him. They kept asking how old he was and had he gotten into anti-freeze.... they couldn't believe a one year old cat was going into kidney failure.

Just before THAT, my boyfriend and I came home to find Bayard (another of the outside cats at my boyfriend's father's house) run over in his dad's garage, because his dimwit of a father backed out over him.... AND HAD NO IDEA HE DID IT.

I'm just done. Seriously. Can we stop screwing Alicia please? I have lost so damn much in the past year it is absolutely, fucking, ridiculous and I can't take anymore of it.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

:hug: :hug:
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal

Seila - I'm sorry hun. :hug: Poor guinea pig. Could he have eaten something he wasn't supposed to? Poor poor thing.

Off topic I guess.
I'm back in shithole CA. I swear every time I leave this state & come back I'm reminded of how sucky this place is. It's overcrowded, people are dicks, too much traffic, expensive. Just overall a shitty place. I've wanted to leave for about two years but husband refuses. It was SO nice in Utah. Polar opposite of here. Anyway.
I'll post the photos of the fossils along with short descriptions of what they were, even though some will probably be noticeable, tomorrow or Wednesday. I probably won't make it into Ark till tomorrow or Wednesday either. See I excitedly ordered a new laptop and forgot "hello dumbass you're leaving the date it's set for delivery" husband put a vacation hold on it so it's been sitting at FedEx since Friday. I then realized I could have just had our house/pet sitter bring it in on Friday when she got here but hubby started being a jerk that I was"being ungrateful" for his placing the hold. :roll: Anyways again. So I'm not doing anything on the old except prepping it for wipe. Which sadly includes any gaming. I can't see saving things on the old one only for it to be wiped tomorrow.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Not that I know of. I'm very attentive to what he gets. I check what wood toys are made of and if it is safe, I check what fruits and veggies they can and can't have before giving it to them...

I did get him at a big amish/mennonite/etc flea market/auction place here, so he's probably not from a good bloodline, parents are probably overbred, inbred, you name it. He never got very big, and looked to have ring worm when I got him. Who knows what lurking hereditary issues he could have had.

Anywho.. I'll post a bunch of screenshots when I get on my computer. Meant to but barely played last night. Kept getting dc'd and having fatal errors when I tried demoing Behemoth Gates. Potato saved me from a Dilo and drug me to his place for safety.

Edit:
When I first started on Zed's Rag server. Nope, no sharks in this water. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I love how you can leave them on walls like this.

Buncha new dinos.

All black Dilo with a white back. She's got green heels I didn't see until after I got her home. I was hoping to find a female like the male.

All black lady Moschops.

I've seen plenty of turtles like this one.. but can't find her a mate now! She's dark blue shell with the light gray/white/blueish body.

Female Parasaru with dark brown/black with white "skull face" and spine.

First lady is the far left with the off white belly. I've had her for a little bit now. Found a pretty male (White belly, gray body, blue back) and a new penguin girl.

I finally found another Archa! ... and he was pink. Atleast he matches the lady Archa. I actually like him more. (He's the one with the white.)

And since we mentioned fossils, this is my piece of history.
Attachments
NoSharkHere.jpg
NoSharkHere.jpg (999.7 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
NewDilo.jpg
NewDilo.jpg (997.08 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Moschops.jpg
Moschops.jpg (865.56 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Turtle.jpg
Turtle.jpg (1000.58 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Parasaur.jpg
Parasaur.jpg (907.74 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
ThylaWall.jpg
ThylaWall.jpg (749.92 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Hespies.jpg
Hespies.jpg (930.19 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
NewArcha.jpg
NewArcha.jpg (883.99 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
TridentFossil.jpg
TridentFossil.jpg (956.01 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Love your new dinos :D

I was in to play a little to day.. got some RL stuff later on so was just in to run to our next exploration place... and found this... :lol:

zedxrgal

Shark means business if it swam up that far. I'd be tempted to tame it. :lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

hehe it was not an alpha so it got munched.. plus if you tamed it.. how would you get it into the ocean :P ? :D

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

lol :)

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Dino, but not ARK, related post.

So we went to Shady Maple for dinner tonight for my sister's birthday. They have a gift shop below the buffet that we always go to before leaving. I normally check the toy aisles because.. well.. toys. They have in recent years actually stocked the fantasy and dinosaur Schleich and Papo figures. (They're very strict/religious owners and for a while wouldn't carry anything like that, atleast from my observations.) Most of the name tags were torn off so I was trying to guess what they were from my memory and current exposure in ARK. For the most part I was right, but there was something that looked like a Spino without the big sail/spine. I just Googled it and it appears to be a Baryonyx! Picture Here I didn't even think of a Baryonyx, maybe because I'm so use to the stripes from ARK that it didn't even come to mind.

I really love the quality on these figures. The Papo figures more so than the Schleich. If they weren't 20-30$ a piece....

I mean, look at this freaking Allosaur!

The details are quite amazing for a child's toy. Most have movable jaws as well.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

The allo is AMAZING. The barynox is.. disturbing.. and not like any other barynox i ever seen.. heh

zedxrgal

So last night was kind of a F-ed up night in Ark for me. I FINALLY get everything installed on my new laptop. Get into Prim Plus 14 (my servers still offline & severely out of date) almost 20 minutes later (longest the game has ever taken to load) and frame rates take a dive. The game is lagging. I'm stuck UNDER my floor. Demo the floor, which also demoed the bed. Marvelous. Get outside and look around. I see things moved around or missing. I immediately pull up my tribe log. My moshchops & quetz died?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: :( :cry: The F. How? Starved??? From full food in 6 days or less they starved? Are you kidding me? The moschops I am not upset over but my quetz I am bitterly pissed about. How is it EVERYTHING else survived but him? :evil: I may consider leaving 14. That's BS that one dino, a gifted favorite was wiped out. My house, dino gate & beds on dead island are also completely gone. They're just simply not there. So they wiped a whole building, beds, storage boxes, dino gate, fences etc. I just cannot believe it. Not to mention being completely ignored in chat. That was marvelous. So yeah. I got everyone fed up to full again put all my stuff in storage boxes and logged out.

The only good thing was I got my Ragnarok server full up to date and running and logged into. Everything was perfect. Just as I'd left it. Unlike 14. Made sure everyone had food. Then logged out to work on my center server and getting all the rest of my games fully installed.

All the while my heart just completely broken. I mean WTF. Not ever sure what to say.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Game been reamly laggy since last patch..i havent played much because it bothers me with that lag..so im on an ark break... not sure for how long...