Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

Im SO sorry to hear your troubles Zed :( Hugs from me.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I feel you Zed :hug:
I can relate in some ways after losing one of my favourites to an alpha raptor but I'm far to stubborn.. or maybe dumb *shrug* to quit.
Do whatever you need to to feel better, I can keep an eye on your base if you need me to.

:hug: :hug:
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I logged back in late last night and built my 4th trough, so two meat only two veggie only, and packed them full so they will hopefully not starve till /if I don't come back. It's just going to take some time.

Nef - While I was gathering foodstuffs a level 130 carno attacked me /my base. It had come in via the behemoth gate before the doors closed. Course all my children went ballistic BUT ..................... Ms Shira (sp?) leapt your fence and game flying over in a hissing, snarling rage. No one else in your base twitched a muscle. The carno was dispatched extremely quickly but I immediately started counting heads. I again changed the tribe settings and rode Shira (sp?) back to your base. I also set her on passive. Just in case. I hope this was the right move but I would have been crushed even more if something had happened to her. I'm glad the carno was inside my walls but had it not been ............ that could have been really bad. I don't think she could have fought off a carno that high alone. Anyways.

We'll see. I love my kids a lot but my heart breaks to think of Mooch and how poor Zogg is alone now.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti

:hug:

I will miss seeing you on but I understand.
Yes I realized Shira can just step over my walls as they are now and are working on adding at least another layer. I'm glad things ended reasonably well with the carno.

on a different note, I actually had two successful tames .. a lady for my turtle and a low level diplodocus

zedxrgal

OH MY GOSH YOU GOT A DIPLO??!?!?!? I'm so happy for you! :hug: I suggest putting walls up 4 high. Lot of mats but you've got it covered. ;) I should have just had you take Shelldon (yeah she has a boy's name what of it!). She's low level but really cute. Glad you got another dream dino. :)

Nefretiti

she was surprisingly easy to tame :) you can actually knock them out as well as passive tame. Didi is only lvl 8 but by the time I have mats for her saddle she should have leveled some more.

I got a lady turtle for Spike as well, those eggs are used for bronto kibble.
Shelldon is cute :) I like my new lady as well, she's a dark brick red.

zedxrgal

I couldn't remember if the diplo was the passive or bronto. Regardless they are cute gigantic cows. I might be on today /night. Still not sure. Missing the kids a little already though. :lol:

Nefretiti

I would't mind seeing you on but only as long as you're comfortable with it.
I've been trying for a bronto but so far not much luck. I still lack the narcs

zedxrgal

I'll be on in an hour or so. Not sure you'll be on.

Edit: Yeah not sure when /if I'll be on.

Nefretiti

I was really tired yesterday. I wanted to be on longer but basically fell asleep infront of my computer.
I feel abit bad about it :/

:hug: :hug:

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

You guys have a server you play together on?

I haven't played in a while. I got bored doing the solo mode thing. It's a shame because the game looks so much better on my new video card.

It was REALLY frustrating to play until I tweaked some of the settings to make it a little more tolerable. I kept getting killed over and over again and got so far away from my house I couldn't get back... at all. So I restarted and played with the settings. I use to keep back up save files though after I lost my first raptor because he bugged out and wouldn't come out of the water. I was soooooo upset. I got lucky and found it stuck in a tree so I was able to tame it. It took me forever because of how high level it was... but I did it. Then to lose it because it just wouldn't respond to being attacked or follow me no matter how much I called it. I lost SEVERAL hours of progress by rolling back my save.

Eventually I started force taming things and turned exp up high enough I learned everything. I started trying to build a huge compound but started losing interest. Lost access to my computer for over a month and haven't really played since.

White guy in front I played with his colors. He is my original "real" tame. The rest were all force tamed and I left them in their natural colors.

My Spino and Rex I force tamed.

I thought I took newer screenshots when I logged in with my new video card, but I guess not.
Attachments
20160716103900_1.jpg
20160716103900_1.jpg (422.68 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
20160716075800_1.jpg
20160716075800_1.jpg (390.65 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
Nefretiti

Yeah Zed and I play on the same server, it's shown on a couple of screenies in this thread.

People are generally nice on that server, lord knows I've been gifted some really nice dinos when I started out and had trouble with higher level predators.

zedxrgal

You're welcome to join us Seilahyn. But of course, I'm sure you probably know, none of your old stuff can come with you if you changed. :) We're also on a official PVE server. Which ........... cheating is strictly forbidden and heavily enforced. So if you join be advise of that.
This is all our information. You must have the Primitive+
Total Conversion mod installed to even see the server also. You may also need the The Center Extension Map mod but not sure. Both links are at the bottom of my top post. We are the "Petopian" tribe on there. Let either Nef or I know if you want to join. I will happily help get you started. We're on the island south east-ish. South Zone 3 I think.
No pressure. Just let us know if you're interested. Very laid back we are.

I may try and get on today.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I play on my own undedicated server and husband sometimes joins me :D

I have chosen my own server as there is mod i really like to play with e.g. the ability to tame alphas

I tamed this today (From monster hunting ark) Its soo ugly!

and my worst nightmare.. an alpha pegomax.. i tamed it.. then killed it.. aahhh felt good :p

I dont use ForceTame unless its a last resort. I use Seven's Tranq Kit which helps me knock dinos out. I prefer the bow over the gun so thats what I use.. and crossbow underwater

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

*shudders* An alpha pegomax! Yeesh. No thank you. That flyer is cool looking Tarn. So far the only alpha I've seen has been a couple raptors. Thankfully. For me I strongly prefer the crossbow over anything. It seems to have the highest durability compared to everything else and a fast reload. Mainly the reload.

I completely forgot to post this. While gathering meats for the fourth trough (which is probably empty by now :? ) I saw a black raptor going to town on a far wall of mine. Not one was attacking it but I figured I'd kite it to my taming raft and kill it. I need meat after all. Parked my allo ran to my argy. One little bite and the chase was on. Raptors are so bloody tenacious I had no problem keeping it behind me. Chased me right into the trap and I landed and got my crossbow ready with normal bolts.
I step into the slit and see not one but two. :shock: I'd never seen the second raptor. I saw the level of the greenish raptor and felt it was in the cards that it be brought to me. I'd been looking for a high level raptor (was hoping for something prettier) when I was decimated by the giga. Had the Ark Gods FINALLY smiled on me? I change my arrows to tranqs. My plan was to down the female first (the gray-ish black) kill her then tame the male. In my tired foggy headed stated I forgot to change my arrows back to normal. She dropped in one hit to the snout. Not sure why but I really thought the male would run over and kill her. He didn't he just kept running around. I run over and drop 5 pieces of meat into her inventory. The start tranq shotting the male. He dropped quicker than expected.
I had not narcs so I ran to my house to get my scorpid to keep him down. Poor Olive (my Allo) just stood there making grumbling noises impatiently since her hunt was interrupted by these two. The female tamed lightning fast on only 20 raw meat. The male went really quick too. The addition of these two now brings my raptor count to 4. A 2.2 mix.

Side note: Sorry the picture is so bright. Hadn't fully turned the gamma back down.

Anyways. Not sure when I'll be in. So much RL drama right now.

Nefretiti

I'm so fucking done.
I asked for help with taming a frog .. takes like 10 minutes but noo .. I suppose I shouldn't expect help but I never even got a response ..
And on top of that I lost all my god damn stuff AGAIN!!!!!
I feel like just unclaiming all my dinos and just not log in again.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Your raptors are lovely Zed!!

Sorry to hear your troubles Nef :( its weird that noone helped you.. You guys makes your server sound really friendly so hopefully someone will come along

I had a semi productive afternoon. I tamed two badass raptors which both got killed by a badass sabertooth ...so I just tamed that one instead :lol: This is the poison version

aaand I landed a badass Megaladon too... the Ice version

Hopefully today I can find a good flying creature.. and an alpha Thera

zedxrgal

Congratulations Tarn! That's like Illidan kitty! Lol

I finally made it on. Thankfully no one starved to death. Due to spouse aggro I had to log and leave some adopted Dino's on my boat parked at a server friend's place. Hopefully I won't log in dead because I am on my boat. The big female Rex has my gear etc. So if I croak I won't lose anything.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Got killed by a Dodo Rex.. corpse running in the dark.. not at all scary :? :shock:

I saw an Omega raptor caught by some stones and trees and I must admit I could not resist.. so Forcetamed that one.. ITS HUUUUGE. Second image im on my bronto looking at it..

And finished my badass Rex collection.. Fire, Stone, Poison and Ice

Now I just need all the Alphas, Apex and Omegas... (I am not a dino hoarder.. well yes i am :mrgreen: )
Last edited by Ana on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zedxrgal

Hah Tarn!!! You sound like me. I should change my billboard to say "takes in all unwanted dinos". lol That omega raptor looks an awful lot like a rex. :shock: :?

Only one screenie again. Too busy to get more with the little play time I had last night.

Bush Scorpion! For when you need to stay hidden and a normal scorpion just won't do.

Hopefully today I can get more SS's.