Skyrim!

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Some pix

I downloaded a replacer for skyrim horses, making them look like different color gypsy vanners

Ameri's beloved hubby in one of his trophies from the Dawnguard hunter patrolls.

Ameri and Argis getting ready for travel

and just cause I adore this armorset and how it looks on Ameridin.

Attachments
Horse update.jpg
Horse update.jpg (521.02 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Argis dawnguard.jpg
Argis dawnguard.jpg (615.23 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Cleric armor.jpg
Cleric armor.jpg (353.11 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Getting ready.jpg
Getting ready.jpg (504.79 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

So I installed wet and cold and ..................................... it crashed my game. Not sure why. Removed it and smooth as silk. *sigh* But USLEEP works perfect.

So. Have some more screen shots. My nord werewolf. She's my only character.

Man Nef. Your guy is handsome.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti

which of them? :)
I used to hate altmer but they've grown on me and I think Ameridan is right at the top of my favourite characters I've made list.
Argis has always been one of my favourite followers, he's a damn good sword and board warrior and a pretty nice archer to boot.

Kudos to you for playing as a werewolf :) The restfull sleep thing always makes me cure it in the end :-)

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm loving all the love this thread is getting!!! :D

That werewolf looks super awesome! The detail in its face is incredible. I'm debating on whether or not I want to go that route on Shiraz, though.

I took Uthgerd the Unbroken with me (Shiraz) since I was going after the Alik'r warriors who were in turn after Saadia, and thought that it would be a tough fight. I'm not really sure how she performed, since the entire room of 50 million dudes was attacking me. Thankfully, Shiraz is an amazing she-orc and carved them to bits. I think I had to heal a couple times during the onslaught. I have decided to completely avoid using restoration magic, and focus solely on food and potions (something I've never done before). :) Should be interesting. I don't have quite enough materials yet for everything, so I sometimes find myself resorting to gnawing on raw rabbit legs and cabbage to get by. :lol: She's fun to play though! There's something satisfying about walking up to an enemy like a bad@$$ and killing it in a swing or two. Woot!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nefretiti

I may have to give werewolf another go :) I am toying with the idea of trying out Athis from the companions as a hubby and follower.
I've married both Farkas and Vilkas on different characters in the past and I love them both dearly. I whent for Torvar on a whim despite all the signs of him beeing an alcoholic on a character and he's a surprisingly sweet and charming spouse as well as a decent follower.

I downloaded a half dragon race that looked neat on the screenshots but it's basically a nord preset with horns and wings so kinda boring, the idea is nice but I wish the maker would have made them more unique than just adding faint scale patterns to a skin.

I'm glad you're enjoying Shiraz .. I'm still debating wich way to go with Erag, she'll likely join the college and perhaps the companions. not sure who to pick as a husband for her, Perhaps Gregor or maybe that nice blacksmith from Riften.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm not sure what I'm going to do on Shiraz. The marriage aspect of Skyrim isn't all that involved, so I wouldn't be missing out on a whole lot if I chose to stay single this time around. And marriage is the whole reason she ran away from home in the first place. Granted, it's because she didn't have a choice in the matter. However, if I end up stumbling across someone that appeals to my character, perhaps I'll go for it. For now, she's too busy enjoying her freedom, helping people, and finding glorious battle where she can. :D

I do know that there are certain ones that I have no interest in whatsoever, like the really old dudes or the ones that are jerks when you talk to them in-game. So, we'll see. For now I'm not sure whether she'd want someone as brawny and battle-loving as she, or someone that's more of a gentle homebody. I just don't know! So yeah, for now, her love is her battle axe. :P

I imagine that if it does happen, it'll be like Thrana. I was so stubborn about Valdimar and kept looking for someone else, but I couldn't help but keep coming back to him. It took a long time to finally settle down. I think I was around level 35 or so. One other thing I'm weird about is that I don't think I want to marry the same person on multiple characters. There are so many NPCs with different skills and personalities, that I'd like to try out a few. I tend to gravitate towards followers, but perhaps I'll break the mold this time since Shiraz can more or less handle herself. So far, I've married Ghorbash the Iron-Hand and Valdimar.

(I'd take Isran in a heartbeat, though. That voice melts the butter on my toast. Mmm.)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

My apologies for the double post. I've been thinking a bit about Thrana and her general character/personality. You know, I don't think I want to do the main quest line on her. I'm having a lot of fun just being the Listener, a Volkihar vampire lord, a thief, etc. I just can't see her as the Dragonborn. I can't see her recruiting people for some grand quest. She doesn't care about the civil war, either. At this point in the game, all she cares about is her new-found immortality and what it means as far as the Dark Brotherhood is concerned (an immortal Listener? - sounds awesome to me!). She cares about her husband too, of course. But yeah, that's her life. I've played her for going on 80 hours now and haven't touched the main storyline outside of killing the dragon in Whiterun, and part of me wishes I hadn't done even that. But back then, I didn't know how her personality would manifest itself. Also, she's been bargaining off parts of her soul to daedra left and right. I think it's awesome if she essentially tricks them by being immortal now. She gets something out of them (powerful artifacts, boons, etc.), but they don't get what they want from her. I am really enjoying that she's becoming this really powerful woman (a dark one, but still powerful), but in her own way.

Shiraz, on the other hand, will probably be more of the typical "hero" archetype. I'm joining the Companions, the Legion, the Dawnguard, seeking out my destiny as Dragonborn, all that good fluffy stuff. She and Thrana are basically complete opposites. I was intending to do all that on a nord since it just feels more "natural", but I like Shiraz so much that I may just forget about the nord guy/girl and make her my "good" character instead.

I've been doing some reading online, and it seems a lot of people out there have more fun making this specialized little character than following the main story and being this god-like person that saves the universe. I've read about people RPing as farmers, merchants, alchemists, caravaners, etc. I'm thinking I may try one as a redguard spellsword that just sells her/himself out as a mercenary. I dunno.

Sorry for the rambling! Here, have a pic of Shiraz cutting down some poor fool. Don't worry, it's just a flesh wound. :lol:

Attachments
Flesh Wound.jpg
Flesh Wound.jpg (168.13 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

Nefretiti

Hehe I know what you mean about the daedra, I think the one of funniest of those quests are the "Drinking contest" with Sam Guevenne.
Ameridin aquired the ebony blade recently though I'm iffy about charging it to full power.

I've been thinking about Ameridin and I don't know if I can really see him as married, I dunno. I may let him and Argis part on friendly terms.
I find the only marriable female altmer in the game abit of a bitch and Ameri isnt the Companions type as he's far too solitary.

I find Argis, Vorstag and Valdimar to be my favourite tank followers.
For mages, Marcurio is strong but kinda mouthy, I like Onmund but he can come off as timid. I never use J'zargo because of his attitude and I can't stand Brelyna.

Nefretiti

the half dragon race I downloaded, the wings and tail come from separate mods.
The only reason for the lack of clothes is to show the details on the skin.

Attachments
dragon race.jpg
dragon race.jpg (491.18 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
dragon race1.jpg
dragon race1.jpg (609.52 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
dragon race2.jpg
dragon race2.jpg (637.65 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

That does look pretty neat, actually. I personally am not a fan of created races, as I like the vanilla ones just fine. However, that doesn't mean that I don't think the ones you guys have posted look really nice! I might be a little more open to something simple like just a nord/orc hybrid character, since that could maybe feasibly happen. But entirely new races altogether aren't my thing.

I became a werewolf tonight on Shiraz. I do enjoy how it feels. Even though I take a decent amount of damage right now, I also give a lot. I just don't know if Shiraz would be into that. She's more of an honorable type, preferring a good weapon and strong arm over mindless bestial ferocity. I think. I do have a future character planned: a redguard spellsword who only takes quests if they promise gold up-front (rather than taking every dumb quest someone gives me), like basically a mercenary or bounty hunter. I think he or she would definitely be the type to be a werewolf. I have time to think about it, I suppose. But I have a feeling I'll look for a cure. I have to stay in-character, after all. :)

And because I can't get enough of this 2h fighting, here's another violent picture!

Heads...who needs 'em? (And yes I'm tired so I named the picture "woot" since I couldn't think of anything else. :lol:) Shiraz is amazing. I'm enjoying myself immensely. Thrana is awesome too, but I've been sniping people for 80 hours. Having a character where I can wade into a group of enemies and start chopping off heads is pure win.

Attachments
Woot.jpg
Woot.jpg (187.17 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

Nefretiti

I downloaded it mainly cause I was curious, I don't think I'll be playing as one.

I have Lykaios since I wanted a counterpoint to khajiit, I never play as myrian so I'll likely uninstall that one, I will however keep my daghi and Ohmes raht though as those are khajiit sub species and semi lore friendly.

I love Isran's voice too hehe but my personal favourite is actually Vilkas .. that accent .. mmmm :D
I'm still on the fence about Ameridin, I think if he and Argis go separate ways he'll be travelling either alone or with Serana.
If they divorce I think Argis may be travelling with Erag since she as a spellcaster could use a strong warrior to help her.

I think Erag was weak and sickly when she was younger which is another reason why her parents insisted on the marriage when that other chieftain wanted her as a wife, in essence she'd have been an unpaid servant to his other wives.
The last thing on her mind when she comes to Skyrim is marriage and she has little interest in any of the orcs she encounter but who knows what'll happen. Especially if she finds her perfect knight in gleaming steel.

Nefretiti

I uninstalled the half dragon race, felt way too forced. And while I love khajiits the characters I had just didn't feel right anymore so I retired them.
Instead I made a couple of characters using races I never really played before plus one that are mentioned in lore.

Klarissa, redguard,likely warhammer warrior.

Carina,Breton, probably a mix of magic and archery as I see her as a former forsworn.

A snow elf or Falmer, I know they're blind monstrosities in todays Skyrim but there are some that have remained uncorrupted as seen in a certain DLC questline so it's possible, unlikely but possible.

Attachments
Klarissa.jpg
Klarissa.jpg (664.4 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Carina.jpg
Carina.jpg (591.94 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Sianwen.jpg
Sianwen.jpg (613.26 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Oh my, all three of your ladies are beautiful! :)

I've been thinking of a couple characters I'd like to try (but don't want to get too spread out just yet): a redguard spellsword merc as mentioned before, and I think I'd like to try a nord mage. But the twist on her will be that she doesn't want to kill people, so I might try more of a support role and heal and bolster followers and let them fight for me. I think I'll make her very heavily built so she really could have been a warrior, but she isn't interested in fighting and killing. However, to try to gain her father's approval, she would probably join the Stormcloaks as he was an ex-soldier, and I think her mother will be deceased so she was pretty much raised by her father. She is torn between wanting to make him proud, but without killing (with the exception of beasts and undead and such), and wanting to study magic and herbs.

Nefretiti

Onmund would be happy to see another nord at the college if you do join there :)
I snooped around abit and actually found a half orc "race" someone had made.I couldn't really get a closer look since the site had some ... erm "interesting" adverts that made me close it pretty quick.

I'm glad you like them :) I think my favourite is the falmer lady, I think she'll be using battlestaffs with a touch of magic, she joined the companions,Klarissa likely will too, not sure about my breton yet as I'm thinking about letting her 'comfort' Argis after his marriage to Ameridin ended. not totally sure about that yet though.

I think of all my characters .. beside Ameridin my vision impaired khajiit and my snow elf are my absolute favourites.

I started another character on a whim, Ja'Khar is a khajiit and a veteran of the war, having grown tired of 'civilization' he's settled in a cave and is only wearing a loincloth rather than proper clothing.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yeah, your snow elf is super gorgeous. Very nice! And at least it's a race that has existed at some point. ;)

I visited Drushnikh Yal today, and was thisclose to taking on Ghorbash as a follower. I ended up leaving him behind because I already know that I like him, but I've married him before on another character and I'd like to try someone new. Besides, I feel it would maybe be a douche-move for him to leave to join the Legion, come back and have his brother kindly welcome him, only to go off and leave again. AND, he's another warrior type which I'm not really sure I'm in need of. Sooo, I dunno. For now, I still travel alone.

I did get my smithing up to 50 and am now able to make orcish armor and weapons. I must say, I really like how this set looks!

(With the masked helmet)

I bought a cute little painted horse today, only to get attacked by two cave bears have it die. Soooo, I bought another one. Hopefully this one lasts longer because the first one literally didn't even last a day. :cry:
Attachments
Orcish Armor.jpg
Orcish Armor.jpg (356.3 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Orcish Armor Masked Helmet.jpg
Orcish Armor Masked Helmet.jpg (227.12 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Shiraz's Horse.jpg
Shiraz's Horse.jpg (248.94 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

Nefretiti

For the most part I try to only go with races that are at least somewhat lore friendly and are plausible in that world, like the two khajiit breeds, or the uncorrupted falmer, the main exeption is the lykaios.
That was the best looking falmer mod I could find, my only gripe is the 'human' eyes but then again who knows what falmer truely looked like before they were corrupted, the only actual ingame examples are from the DLC questline and they are males.
I've tried making a "Falmer" before using the vanilla races but I could just never get it looking quite right, the closest one was an using an altmer base.

Personally for warrior followers I like Argis the bulwark and Vorstag, both are profficient with onehanded and sheild as well as decent archers. I can't really comment on any orc followers since I never remember to visit any strongholds.
I heard Aela is one of the best archers, Jenassa is supposedly good too. for mages I pretty much always use Onmund or Marcurio with Valdimar kind of in the middle of the two groups.
Another good warrior is Calder, but he's a pain in the tush to get as he's your Windhelm housecarl and that house is both abit more expensive than Honeyside in riften or Breezehome in Whiterun, as well as you having to complete a murder investigation questline that can bug out on you, and maybe I'm shallow but Vanilla Calder is kinda meh .. he reminds me of a neaderthal.

I may not be a big Dark Brotherhood fan but Cicero is soo funny.

Shiraz looks great :D I'm glad you're enjoying her :) that armor suits her really well too :D I love her story :)
Awe horsie :( me I downloaded a horse mod that reskins the vanilla horses and another that adds a number of stables all over the country, each with a different type of horse, and you can come across horses in the wild, rarely but it can happen.
I've cut down on fast travelling on my characters, using carriages and horses to travel instead unless I've in a hurry to log of. it's made the game alot more fun for me.

I've been using a simple mod for awhile now for my Khajiit characters, it's called Khajiit speak and it's a simple mod that changes your characters dialogue to sound like the way Khajiits in the game speak, it's really neat for immersion, the downside is that it changes "all" characters dialogue so you'll have to disable it when playing non khajiits.

Nefretiti

Some pix :D

Ameridin flanked by Legate Rikke at the summit called at High Hrothgar

Ameridin looking out over the mountains with his new toy of choice on his back, the Ebony blade, bestowed on him by Mephala.

A neat little detail I've seen before but never remember the exact location of, it's in the ice near Winterhold.

if you hate Delphine as much as I do theres a good and fairly simple mod I can recommend, this one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18465/? it allows you to spare a certain ally and still complete the related quest.

Edit : I almost forgot, Ameridin and Argis will remain together as the main reason Ameri wished a divoce was because he hates feeding on innocents and was worried he would harm the love of his life in his craze but now he's found a working substitute so that fear is somewhat alleviated.
Attachments
Ebony Blade.jpg
Ebony Blade.jpg (358.66 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Peace summit.jpg
Peace summit.jpg (379.64 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Mammoth.jpg
Mammoth.jpg (299.84 KiB) Viewed 4046 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I try to use fast traveling as little as possible, too. It's usually if I'm filled to the brim with junk and just want to get to a town ASAP to sell. Otherwise, I use horses and carriages. I feel like you'll miss so much if you just fast travel everywhere. That's one of the reasons I like followers - I can just load them up with stuff to carry and I can stay out in the world longer. It's rough at the beginning of the game. It's like I can only carry two apples, a dagger and some fur boots before being encumbered.

I read that Ghorbash is classified as an archer, but it appears that a patch fixed him to be specialized more in one-handed and blocking. With me being more of a DPS type, it may not be a bad idea to take a tank with me? But it might also be useful to have an archer that can pick off enemies at a safe distance. I will probably take along several people before deciding which one works best for me. I'd rather travel with whoever will be my husband (if it happens). But I'm not opposed to having a non-follower husband and traveling with a friend instead.

Regardless, I think it's about time I start bringing someone with me because I'm starting to run into more mages, and I know I'll have a hard time with dragons until later levels.

(Btw, I'm glad Ameri decided to stick with Argis. :))

Nefretiti

Ameri and Argis as a pairing was in part inspired by a nice fan fic I read awhile back featuring an altmer wizard and Argis.
What's interesting about Ameridin (in my mind) is that he's the softer more submissive one in their relationship, despite their official roles.
I am thinking about Erag and I think I might try for someone I haven't really tried with her eventually, perhaps Durak from the Dawnguard fortress but sadly he's not marriageble through normal means. I'll probably try out some different people to see if one click.

I'm still thinking about my dark elven stormcloak, it would be abit ironic if a member of the very people Ulfric is too lazy to help wants to join his cause.

Edit : Hm .. when my dunmer lady joined Ulfric I noticed he never commented on her race, said that as long as she fights for him with honor she's welcome among them .. his second Galmar did however .. questioning as to why an elf would want to fight for Skyrim, but then again with a brother like that @$$hole Rolff I'm not surprised.
It doesn't excuse him or his stormcloaks though, I just found it interesting.

Nefretiti

I just couldn't click with Syndal my argonian so I retired her, I made a replacement thieves guild member though.

Meet Etilea , imperial and I'm biased but I think she's pretty.

She may be marrying that charming blacksmith in Riften eventually,we'll see since I have someone else in mind for Marcurio.

Erag ended up marrying her housecarl Gregor since she was feeling abit lonely out of place as the only single lady in her circle of friends, she belived it was neccessary to keep him with her not really cause she loved him, at least not at the time *snerk* now she's beginning to fall for the gruff nord.
Attachments
Etilea.jpg
Etilea.jpg (545.86 KiB) Viewed 4046 times