Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Bluh double post sorreh ><

I dug myself a hole.
I made a Khajiit hunter/ranger type and had her all planned out, husband and everything but then I decided to nab Benor from Morthal on a whim, though in my game he's an imperial called Aureillius as vanilla Benor is kinda meh. now I'm so sorely tempted to marry him on K'azha, he's a pretty nice tank with good gear and a good weapon.

Attachments
Aureillius.jpg
Aureillius.jpg (622.62 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm not sure if Vampire works with Lykaios. I've never rolled a Vampire before so I've never had a chance to test it o_O

Siggy under construction!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Nef, I like it when things aren't planned out, myself. I always do that: plan on doing this or that, and then I randomly decide to change something up and end up liking it even more. I never planned on marrying Valdimar, like...ever. Totally wasn't my type. And then he was. :lol: But yeah, that Aurellius guy looks pretty nice. Go with your gut, girl!

Because I have to re-make characters 80 times before I'm happy, I re-made my new orc warrior lady. I didn't think I'd like 2h because the swings are slower than 1h, but what difference does that make when I get an execution cutscene in one swing? XD So yeah, kinda liking 2h right now. Granted, I'm level 3 beating on wolves and the bandits that barely pass as janitors, so not much of a challenge there. I also added a family name. I dug around on the UESP page and picked one from Oblivion that sounded nice. Or was it from Morrowind? I think it might have been Morrowind, actually. Anyway, her full name is now Shiraz gra-Bolak (RPing that Bolak Yal is the stronghold she comes from, and yes I made it up!)

Shiraz is quite young in my head story thingy. Basically, she's the chieftan's daughter and is approaching the age where she's eligible to be married off. She was slated to become the forgewife (2nd wife) of another chieftan, and she just couldn't see herself sitting at a forge for the rest of her life, as one of many wives. She's still very honorable and just, and isn't at all used to the ways of "outsiders". But, a life of adventure and doing what she wants is worth the possibility of being alone and never seeing her family again. She quickly joined the Companions to sort of fill a void that's missing now that she's left her stronghold. :) She'll be fine, though. She's a tough cookie.

I'm like, super-duper loving her new look. Part of me worries it's too monochromatic with grayish skin and eyes and white paint, but I just really love the gray eyes and I liked this skin tone the best. I'll deal. :lol:

This one is really dark, but I like how it turned out anyway. She's looking off in the distance towards Whiterun. :)

And yes, I will probably end up playing both characters simultaneously. It's fun to try a totally different combat type/armor type/personality. I've always been a sneak-thief, so this time I'm going to try to keep my hands out of everyone's pockets and do everything the "good" way. :P
Attachments
Shiraz Remade.jpg
Shiraz Remade.jpg (286.42 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Shiraz Profile.jpg
Shiraz Profile.jpg (164.21 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nefretiti

I like Shiraz :)
I never could click with orcs myself .. at least not one I made so far,for some reason my characters end up either altmer or khajiit for the most part.

I'll have to think on it some more but I have a feeling K'azha will end up marrying Aureillius :D

Right now I play Ameridin for the most part though the Dawnguard patrolls are starting to get on my nerves as he's a vampire and next to him I rescued the save file for Kalin from my older machne.
Kalin is a young khajiit with a sad past, he was kept as a toy kind of by a gang of bandits and when he had enough and clawed one of them badly they punished him by burning his face, irrevocably damaging his eyes, he can see light and dark as well as shapes but not much else, he's developed strategies to travel around on his own but in Markarth he stumbled across a kindhearted redheaded mercenary whom he hired, Vorstag soon realized what his new employer was trying to cover up and started helping Kalin in subtle ways, the two grew close and eventually married.
Kalin built them a house with Vorstag and his other friends help.

Attachments
Vorstag.jpg
Vorstag.jpg (471.82 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I actually like "ugly" races, sometimes more than traditionally pretty ones. To me, there's something appealing about your everyday nobody becoming something special. That and everyone makes sexy characters. I feel like I relate better to more average or even shunned races because I experience their struggles (trying to fit in/acclimate, for example) and it makes for an interesting story. Of course every guy (and some ladies) like an elf hottie with double Ds; it takes a special someone to see the beauty inside an uglier character and love them for their soul.

Okay, that went from zero to cheesy in 3.2 seconds. :lol:

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Alex wrote:There's also USLEEP, or the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch so you don't have to download and manage four different patches if you have all the DLC :) The separate Unofficial Patches are more for if you're missing certain DLCs, like how I was with Hearthfire for the longest time :P
Quick question. Downloaded this. Does this take the place of all the other unofficial patches so it's only running one or?
Nefretiti wrote:Wet and Cold - adds textures to armors and clothing, if it snows you'll eventually look like a walking snowman, if you're wet your clothes/armor drips and so on.

Who is this mod by??? Can you provide a link???? I found THIS one in search on Nexus mods.

And your guy's toons are gorgeous. Almost makes me want to make another one. :lol:
Last edited by zedxrgal on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

YAY finally have SS's of my own.

Barbus.

Serana. Her eyes glow.

Barbus & I in a cave. Mzulft I think it was called. Sorry so dark.

Chaurus. Things freak me out.

More to come. ;)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've been playing Thrana for over 70 hours and haven't spoken to the Graybeards yet. So on Shiraz, I went and did it almost first thing after leaving Whiterun. :P And I got a few screenshots along the way!

(This pose looks a little odd, but oh well.....)

Attachments
Sunlight.jpg
Sunlight.jpg (274.87 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Shiraz Finishing Move.jpg
Shiraz Finishing Move.jpg (229.64 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Panorama.jpg
Panorama.jpg (261.62 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Purty Sky.jpg
Purty Sky.jpg (313.76 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Nefretiti

That's the mod I was talking about Zed :)

I tend to lean more towards beast races myself given by the fact that I have like six khajiit and two argonians.
Ameridin and Arundil are exeptions more than the rule.
I do like orcs but the ones I've made so far have ended up not clicking probably because I've tried to "pretty" them up, next time I will go for things I wouldn't choose normally.
I'm toying with the idea of making a dunmer stormcloak, while I loathe the racism prevalent in their ranks I am thinking about having my elf work to change it from within.
I usually side with the Imperials or don't take a side at all in the civil war.

Hehe there's some delicious irony in beeing a khajiit werewolf :D

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I haven't played Skyrim in about over a year... but I definitely miss it and this thread is making the inch to play worse :P But right now I'm occupied with Ark: survival evolved so it'll have to wait.

Might as well share the screenshots I still have on this computer. Most were deleted sadly. I had a lot of fun with mods, and it really brought new life to the game. Some simply added new scenery or enhanced it, but others added entirely new areas, quests and characters. My "main" character was Freya, a Nord werewolf.

I had a ton more that I definitely regret deleting. Just pretty landscape shots, and some of her horse :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nefretiti

Your character is pretty Lupen :)

Shiraz made me want to give orcs another go, fortunately I had saved the file for the last orc I made, Erag. with some minor changes I'm beginning to like her :)

I've decided to play her against type, she's a mage, I imagine she left her stronghold at a fairly young age because her parents would not accept her wish to pursue the arcane arts, they wished her to marry a chieftan from a nearby stronghold but Erag unlike many of her kin finds she can't accept beeing one of several wives, that and her hope to find somewhere to learn more about magic made her run away and she has wandered since eventually finding her way to Skyrim and right into the imperial ambush near the border.

Ive said it before, I love this hairstyle.

Attachments
Erag.jpg
Erag.jpg (768.96 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Erag hair.jpg
Erag hair.jpg (808.02 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Is that the vanilla werewolf (never been one myself)? It looks pretty wicked. :D And I agree, your character is/was pretty!

And yay for your new orc, Nef! Whoo! That braid is awesome! I love animated hair. :) And I like her story, too. I know orcs are all about smithing and battle and stuff, so I can totally imagine the parents being like "um no" upon finding out their child wanted to go the completely opposite direction. :lol:

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Thank you both ^^ and I actually used a mod for my werewolf called Moonlight Tales. The mod overhauled everything from the sounds of the roars and howls to the model and skills. It was definitely one of my favorite mods, as it made your werewolf feel much more unique.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35470/

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

zedxrgal wrote:
Alex wrote:There's also USLEEP, or the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch so you don't have to download and manage four different patches if you have all the DLC :) The separate Unofficial Patches are more for if you're missing certain DLCs, like how I was with Hearthfire for the longest time :P
Quick question. Downloaded this. Does this take the place of all the other unofficial patches so it's only running one or?
I deleted the separate ones that I had before I got the legendary patch, so I'd say that the USLEEP patch covers everything that the separate ones do ^^

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Nefretiti

I like playing against type :D theres an orsimer mage at the college Urag Gro-Shub, he tends the library there, it's what made me think her story is plausible :)

the hairstyles use EDT physics so yes it's animated :) I downloaded the mod from nexusmods, it didn't really need a ton of support mods which is nice and the hair movement is decent, the braid can bounce around abit weirdly at times but it's usually not too bad. the clipping can be a tad annoying but the issues are tolerable (at least for me)

Here's the link if you want to check it out :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70363/?

Since my plans for K'azha were blown out of the water by Aureillius I might let this girl marry Greagor like I was planning on Kaz.

A question : Am I the only one who finds Lydia, your Whiterun housecarl annoying and passive aggressive as *Ahem* ?

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I ended up taking Lydia to Windstad Manor to be my steward since I felt bad that she was always sitting alone in Whiterun. But I haven't really used her enough to get a sense of her personality.

I worked on the Dark Brotherhood a lot on Thrana yesterday, so I gave my hubby a very nice new set of clothes that I.....acquired.....from a target. He looks so nice! I got some new gear for myself, too. I'll put up some pics later!

Nefretiti

Very nice :D I finished up Dark Brotherhood on Ameridin so now he struts around at home wearing the emperor's (new) clothes (har!) not that his husband is complaining :lol:

I tried out Lydia since I rarely have female followers , but her "I'm swooorn to carry your burdens" just got to me so I dismissed her.

one of many reasons why I like Argis :D

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

:shock: :mrgreen: There's one similar to that for Valdimar that I've seen online while I was looking at Skyrim art, but he's pretty much just holding a towel over the essentials so I didn't want to make the thread NSFW. :lol:

Incoming screenshot dump! Sorry!

I just can't help but love how this bloody mouth looks! Courtesy of Dynamic Vampire Appearance on nexusmods. I'm not currently using the bloodshot eyes or complexion, because it changes Thrana's overall look too much. I deliberately made her retain some angled features since I like that aspect of the elves, and just didn't want the eye bags and wrinkles. The complexion smooths out her features too much for me, and the blood-red eyes make whites around the irises, which looks weird on dunmer IMO. I would definitely keep those changes for a human race, but not for elves. However, the bloodied mouth is really cool!

A new helmet/hood combo I found. I'm not sure how I feel about it, though. Like, I think it looks kinda neat, but I'm not sure how it looks on Thrana. She's a vampire and an assassin and a thief, and I'm not sure if this works for her or not.

And the metal part of the helmet sticks out and looks pretty cool. :)

A full-body shot. The pieces are mix-and-match from Immersive Armors on nexusmods.

It's kinda dark so may be hard to see, but I liked how both Thrana's and Shadowmere's eyes are standing out in this picture.

Sweet horsey faces! <3
Attachments
Bloody Mouth 2.jpg
Bloody Mouth 2.jpg (249.58 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Bosmer Coif.jpg
Bosmer Coif.jpg (222.6 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Bosmer Coif Side View.jpg
Bosmer Coif Side View.jpg (244.72 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Full Outfit.jpg
Full Outfit.jpg (113.9 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Glowing Eyes 2.jpg
Glowing Eyes 2.jpg (164.78 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Horsies.jpg
Horsies.jpg (420.08 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I figured I'd post pictures of Dynamic Vampire Appearance and how it changes the character, so you can see it for yourselves.

Both complexion and eye features enabled:

Complexion only enabled (vanilla eyes):

Eyes only enabled (original complexion):

No features enabled (except for bloodied mouth which isn't shown here):
Attachments
DVA Thrana Complexion and Eyes.jpg
DVA Thrana Complexion and Eyes.jpg (205.18 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
DVA Thrana Complexion Only.jpg
DVA Thrana Complexion Only.jpg (176.59 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
DVA Thrana Eyes Only.jpg
DVA Thrana Eyes Only.jpg (187.62 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
DVA Thrana Original Look.jpg
DVA Thrana Original Look.jpg (173.31 KiB) Viewed 3908 times

Nefretiti

Neat mod :) I don't have any appearance changing mods for Ameridin since I love how he looks with vampire eyes.

I've been playing my Khajiit sisters as of late, Catja just married Farkas and I'm working on finishing the storyline on Katja. going back to Ameri soonish though, I need to get his ass up to high hrotgar and then I think he and his beloved will travel to Solisteim.