Skyrim!

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Teigan »

Rawr, thanks for telling me. Your Khajiit really looks great in that facepaint.

Yay for Jenassa love! She definitely my favorite follower :D It's funny, I've contemplated marrying her too, but I don't want to "neuter" her. She's too badass to be a housewife.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rawr - Got it manually installed but need to play a bit more to make sure the achievements work. Thank you. So far though the blotchiness on the NPC'S remain even with the mod. :|

I will try and get some seat time in and post some screen shots.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

K, just let me know if you need anymore help with anything :D :mrgreen:

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Teigan wrote:Yay for Jenassa love! She definitely my favorite follower :D It's funny, I've contemplated marrying her too, but I don't want to "neuter" her. She's too badass to be a housewife.
Yeah, I can't see her opening up some quaint little shop selling knick-knacks and making sammiches for her spouse, even if it is the Dragonborn. Which is fine, because that's exactly the reason my orc lady ran away from her stronghold. She didn't want to be just one of many wives for some dude she didn't even know, being relegated to housewife duties. Maybe I'll find someone else for her to marry that doesn't mind being a homebody, then take Jenassa's awesomeness with me on adventures. :D /shrug I don't really have a male/female preference for Shiraz, it's just whoever ends up clicking with her. Or she'll stay single. I haven't figured it out. :lol:

I look forward to seeing your guys' screen shots of the new shininess! I'm really curious to see how much of a difference there is for the PC version. As would be expected, it's a huge jump in quality from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, but my regular Skyrim on PC already looks pretty good. I'm a little disappointed that character models don't look different, but I'll just hope that the next Elder Scrolls installment will improve on that. Assuming there is a next installment. :?

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal

Jenassa was an amazing follower but man she was squishy for me. :? She died fighting several vampires and I just didn't have the heart to console resurrect her. I also feel reloading an prior save is blasphemy.
I haven't decided my full story on my girl yet but she'll probably be a shadow warrior like before. I went with Nord again for some reason.
Like normal she looks just like me. :lol: Character creation takes FOREVER for me in games like this if I run a human. Good thing WoW has such limited creation options. :lol:

I completely restarted last night (again), well no biggie she was level two and had just gotten to Riverwood, because I really want to try and grab a screen shot of the dialog between the dragonborn, Ralof and Gerdur when you first get there. I'd swear it's was different then originally.

Screen shots to come.

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I haven't even downloaded the special edition yet. I'm snowed in on star trek online right now.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I cheat and make my followers essential. :lol: It's one of the few gameplay tweaks I make. Actually, it might be the only one. They can still be beat within an inch of their life and collapse, but they can't die. It's too stressful for me otherwise. It's one minor (IMO anyway) change that greatly improves my fun. :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I.....I may have a problem..... and yes, still runs fine :lol:
Image :mrgreen:

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Have been leveling ocella my kajit now and then she prefers karjo as companion

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

zedxrgal

I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what but I have not been able to play since Wednesday. For me the video on the game is so jacked up it actually is making me motion sick. I have mouse sensitivity all the way down in game and even set a profile on my Razer Naga to reduce the sensitivity and it still whips and judders. Done multiple video card adjustments. So it's definitely something in the core game, a glitch /bug that appears to be wrong.
The game is running off my NVIDIA card (GeForce GTX 960M) so I know it's not that. I adjusted it back to the integrated card for testing and it's still happens. Several others had mentioned this same issue and one person said capping their FPS at 80 seemed to fix it. I may try that next. It's so odd because this is the only game with this problem.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Screen shots from the past few plays, since I haven't really been on here in a little while.

Jenassa sure does know how to flatter me, lol.

A new set of armor for Thrana. Sadly, I have so many packs and satchels that it kinda covers up the armor, but it still looks very cool and vampire-ish IMO.

I'm normally not one for masks and such, but I really like how this one looks, especially with the vampire eyes.

Jenassa insulting a random dog. :( (I found out that there's a mod on Nexus that will remove those lines, which I might get since it makes me sad.)

I finally got the quest, "The Gift". For whatever reason the initial, regular vampirism didn't do anything to his features. But once I turned in the quest, I used AFT to make him a vampire lord, which gave him the glowing yellow eyes. Now we can be immortal together! :D

Sadly, I will miss his pretty eyes. But! I got used to it on my own character, so it's cool. :)

Attachments
Battle Lust.jpg
Battle Lust.jpg (497.95 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Ritual Boethiah Armor.jpg
Ritual Boethiah Armor.jpg (167.18 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Ritual Boethiah Mask.jpg
Ritual Boethiah Mask.jpg (137.82 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Stupid Dog.jpg
Stupid Dog.jpg (405.21 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Valdimar Vampire 1.jpg
Valdimar Vampire 1.jpg (497.04 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Valdimar Vampire 2.jpg
Valdimar Vampire 2.jpg (567.74 KiB) Viewed 13996 times

zedxrgal

I just realized I completely forgot to post these. The new dialog SS's with Gerdur

This is not in the original Skyrim.

And you can see how bad the video rendering is for me. :( Still haven't figured out how to cap the fps yet and see if that actually works. *shrug*

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's interesting about the conversation, zed. I wonder why they decided to add that in. I'm not complaning, mind you, I just find it curious that they added that bit of dialogue. I watched my husband start a new character and thought that part seemed different, but since it's been a while since I had a lowbie I wasn't entirely sure and didn't think much of it.

I finally got my smithing to 100 tonight, and had plenty of dragon bones to whip up some new gear. I finished up a smithing set first so I could get as much out of upgrading them as possible.

First things first, I had to decide which helmet I liked best..... (not much difference between 1 and 3, but they looked more different from behind)

Image Image Image Image

I ended up settling on the last one, as I instantly liked it when I equipped it.

The full set.....

:D Shiraz looks like a total boss now running around town. I am loving it!

And after upgrading my axe, it now does stupid damage. I had to quit since I should be in bed by now, so I haven't gotten to test the damage, but after all my enchanting my 2h damage went from about 120 on this weapon to over 400. This should prove interesting. :lol:

Attachments
Dragonbone Helmet 1.jpg
Dragonbone Helmet 1.jpg (43.04 KiB) Viewed 13997 times
Dragonbone Helmet 2.jpg
Dragonbone Helmet 2.jpg (42.29 KiB) Viewed 13997 times
Dragonbone Helmet 3.jpg
Dragonbone Helmet 3.jpg (38.95 KiB) Viewed 13997 times
Dragonbone Helmet 4.jpg
Dragonbone Helmet 4.jpg (41.73 KiB) Viewed 13997 times
Dragonbone Set 1.jpg
Dragonbone Set 1.jpg (317.6 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Dragonbone Set 2.jpg
Dragonbone Set 2.jpg (130.38 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Dragonbone Set 3.jpg
Dragonbone Set 3.jpg (195.72 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
OP Double Axe.jpg
OP Double Axe.jpg (109.63 KiB) Viewed 13996 times

zedxrgal

Rhyela wrote:That's interesting about the conversation, zed. I wonder why they decided to add that in. I'm not complaning, mind you, I just find it curious that they added that bit of dialogue.
What's funny is A LOT of NPC's have new tidbits of dialogue. So much so that it's near impossible to SS them all. :lol: Even Camilla Valerius has a new line when you come back with the Golden Claw. She notices you have the claw (not sure how since it would be in my pack? :lol: ) then says something along the lines that Lucan is going to be so excited and to give it to him right away. Frankly it's really cool to see the new little added dialogue. I've even notice guards seem to have added statements.

Shiraz looks amazing. Makes me almost want an orc.

And HUZZAH I fixed my game!!!!!! Like completely fixed it. I'm so ecstatic. Thank heavens for people with way more computer /gaming knowledge than me. I may actually start completely over (I'm a loser I know) because the first was so bad it was like a blur.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

zedxrgal wrote:And HUZZAH I fixed my game!!!!!! Like completely fixed it. I'm so ecstatic. Thank heavens for people with way more computer /gaming knowledge than me. I may actually start completely over (I'm a loser I know) because the first was so bad it was like a blur.
YAY!!! :D :hug: Just personal opinion, but if I were in your shoes, I would definitely start over. If anything soils my beginning/intro, I have to do it over. Even if it means watching or listening to an opening cinematic again and again and again. :lol:

And thank you! It means a lot to hear that because I really try to craft the best character I can. It's been fun playing as an orc, to be honest. They have some interesting lore and it's been fun to build off of that. I really liked the quest "Cursed Tribe", because Malacath himself said that my orc lady was stronger and more honorable than a male chieftan. That was a serious :headbang: moment for her. She may actually be my favorite character so far. As much as I loved my khajiit lady way back in the day, and my vampire lady Thrana, Shiraz just feels so much more epic somehow. Maybe it's the fact that she one-shots so many things and gets a bunch of animations that make me feel like a badd@$$. :P

zedxrgal

I quickly hopped on my laptop last night and deleted my saves to start over. Sadly since I got off work late again :| I didn't have time to launch it and such. Probably won't tonight or maybe till Thursday or Friday. Work ruins all my fun with their mandatory over time. :lol: Sadly I've not even had time to try and fish up the items for the ray mount in WoW.
I hopefully will have gorgeous ss to share soon.

Regarding mods. I was thinking of using the Purity mod but it's for regular Skyrim and supposedly the author may not be updating it anymore. Has anyone used this mod? Does it install with normally with NMM??

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Not sure zed, but it sounds amazing and I'm wondering why I've never heard of it!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I need help. So, instead of getting into new Skyrim, I dug out old Skyrim, which I had modded to death, and decided to fix it. I broke it cause I don't know what I'm doing and wanted everything. Well, I've just about got that working and got rid of a bunch of mods, except for one thing is still a huge problem. Somehow, god knows how, I've managed to make female skin textures and city mods incompatible. It doesn't seem to matter which skin texture or which city mod, either. It makes absolutely no sense. There is no earthly reason these should fight. But when I have both on I CTD almost every time I go thru a door. Even if they are the only two things active. If I turn one off, then the problem is solved. But I want both...I can't imagine playing without Dawn of Skyrim, and I certainly can't play without a female skin texture. Can anyone save me?
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Edit: Sorry Teigan, but I have no idea. I'm actually very new to mods myself and downloaded as few as I could. I tried to stay away from anything that changed scripts. I'm with you, I have no idea why those would be incompatible. Does it have anything to do with load order?

Another SS dump!

Some dude in Windhelm making a stupid face.

That Dragonbone Ebonplate (name might not be 100% accurate since I don't remember exactly) from behind. I like the vertebrae on the helmet and chestplate. :D

A good picture of EEO's version of Jenassa. I'm a little sad that it removed her face paint, but overall I think she looks so pretty.

She started randomly dancing with a mug in front of that tavern in the Grey Quarter of Windhelm.

Such a cool companion! I missed her almost immediately after I parted ways. I was doing the Imperial's side of the Civil War at this time, and wasn't sure how she'd feel about all that. Besides, I got to see Hadvar again which was pretty cool! It's a shame that the characters that are arguably the most interesting are the ones you CAN'T marry. :( And I read that if you marry followers, they become less chatty. I'm almost to the point that I want to marry Jenassa, but I don't want her to be less chatty. She's already not very talkative.

I was out in the wilderness gathering plants and killing things when I ran across this giant. I had already killed a couple elsewhere, so the battle-lust was already flowing. However, this guy would let me get close to him, standing right next to him in fact, but still wouldn't aggro. I realized that it looked like he was mourning his fallen mammoth friend. I just couldn't bring myself to kill him, and let him be. It made me super sad. :cry:

A couple of beautiful moon shots. I hate that my targeting thingy is right in the middle, but what can you do.

Just another shot of Shiraz because I love her.

I have met Sofie selling flowers before in Windhelm, and I usually buy them all even if I don't need them because I feel bad for her. However, I happened to stumble upon her late at night when I was just wandering around, and discovered that she sleeps on the cold, hard stone every night. My heart absolutely broke for her. I'm determined now to buy or build a house and adopt her. Such a sweet girl. :(

Attachments
Derp Face.jpg
Derp Face.jpg (480.43 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Dragonbone Set 4.jpg
Dragonbone Set 4.jpg (262.05 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Jenassa.jpg
Jenassa.jpg (274.75 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Jenassa 2.jpg
Jenassa 2.jpg (530.44 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Jenassa 3.jpg
Jenassa 3.jpg (329.6 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Sad Giant.jpg
Sad Giant.jpg (506.24 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Scenery 1.jpg
Scenery 1.jpg (262.52 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Scenery 3.jpg
Scenery 3.jpg (131.7 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Shiraz 5.jpg
Shiraz 5.jpg (353.04 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
Sofie.jpg
Sofie.jpg (328.49 KiB) Viewed 13996 times

zedxrgal

Teigs - I suspect it's a load order issue like Rhyela said or it could be the author hasn't updated their mod so they're no longer compatible. Most authors though usually seem to state compatibility issues.

Rhyela - Love the screenshots! Shiraz is so lovely for an orc. :lol: I will say. FOR ME, the kids became very annoying. I adopted the little girl in Whiterun and she appeared all the way at my homestead by Solitude. Maybe being in that huge well furnished house with Valdimar made her a snobby brat. I truly did not like her dialogue after adopting her. :oops: She would ask what I brought her every time I talked to her. If I didn't have anything she wasn't happy. If I had something that wasn't what she wanted she wasn't happy. So I reloaded an old save to just before adopting her. Yeah. Not for me. You'd think the kid wouldn't be that way after being taken off the streets.
Regarding marriage. I've never noticed any of my spouses being quieter after marriage. So I find that surprising. I even console coded several to turn them into mates. I was able to marry both Hadvar and Ralof. Lol It was very tricky and buggy but could be done. I don't think they could be sent to a house though or follow. *ponders* Someone should test this. I'd be super curious if you could send one of the to be a househusband. :lol:

I was able to answer my own question though about the Purity mod. The author stated the whole mod would have to be completely rebuilt to run with SSE and they have no intention of redoing the mod. I'm a sad girl.