Skyrim!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Rhyela »

:3. Thank you! I'm very happy with how she looks now. Vanilla elves look so old. I didn't want anything that would make her look too anime or whatever, and this is one my brother recommended. Love it!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

honestly GG me forgetting about this thread oops

She looks great, Rhye! and yea, I definitely didn't like how the elves looked without any texture mods to smooth their faces, it's what kept me from playing all the human races for the longest time :?

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, my character finally tied the knot! It wasn't planned at all, at least not initially. I took Valdimar along as a sort of, "Eh, why not?" kind of thing to see how followers were. I'd never used one before, and I'm not sure what drove me to take him instead of Lydia. I looked him over when I first told him to follow me, and noticed how he's all bald and kinda old-looking, and thought, "Meh, not my type." Well, I kept using him, and he kept being really invaluable in fights. I tried out a couple of other followers, Marcurio and Stenvar, to see if any others would be more my character's taste from a marriage standpoint. Marcurio was good with magic, but sucked in hand-to-hand fighting; plus, he was a little too mouthy for my character. Stenvar crumpled like a paper bag against some bandits, so he was out. In the end, I kept going back to Morthal to get Valdimar. And over time, in my head I started calling him "my bear", 1) because of some armor I gave him called Snow Bear Armor from the Immersive Armors mod, and 2) because he's such so dependable and protective of me. Dang it, I started getting fond of him. And then I started writing a story (like literally writing with pen and paper), and he made his way into it. That pretty much made it official. I had to marry him in-game. I've got a lot of story going on, and they haven't gotten married yet in my writing, but they will. :) Anyway, blah blah. Pic! Naturally, I had to get a nice dress. :)

And the face (eyes) she slowly fell in love with. :3 I know he's not "handsome" by the game's standards, but I came to adore him all the same.

(And I saw stuff like this online and thought maybe he wasn't so bad after all..... ;))

davidlucas on DA
Attachments
Thrana and Valdimar Marriage.jpg
Thrana and Valdimar Marriage.jpg (310.65 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Valdimar My Bear.jpg
Valdimar My Bear.jpg (290.25 KiB) Viewed 4401 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Okay, sorry for the double-post. It's late and this might ramble a bit.

So like, I married Vald and all and was happy, but deep down it slightly bothers me that he still calls me "Thane" while following. While milling around the house it's fine, he says "love" and "dear" and all that. But following me (which is like 95% of the time), it's "Thane this" and "Thane that". I dunno. I tried all sorts of things like removefac and blah blah, even tried a mod, and nothing could fix the dialogue.

I remembered reading in the console command list on a few sites where you can make any NPC in the game be a follower and marry you with a few simple commands. I also remembered there was ONE other guy in the game I was actually interested in, but who isn't a vanilla follower/spouse candidate. Well, I decided to try all these little tricks, and sure enough, it worked.

Ungrien's a dude you meet in Riften that works at the Black-Briar Meadery, and pretends to be all happy but if you have high enough Speech, you can make him tell you how he really feels. I remember feeling so bad for him and wanting to get him out of there, plus he's an elf like me, but nooooo, not eligible. Well, hah! I tappity-tapped some console magic on him, and made him a follower/marriage eligible/leveled up/good at 1h and block/etc. Next thing you know, badda-boom, we're in the Temple of Mara getting hitched (on a previous safe, obvi). I then sent him off to my home in Whiterun, then made him be a follower, then slapped some gear on him right quick, and now I have an elven husband with a handsome voice that doesn't say "thane" all the time.

I should not be allowed to use console stuff. I'm out of control...... So now I've gotten myself in the ugly situation of having two guys to choose from, and not being sure which one I want. The one I slowly grew fond of over time, or the one I got excited about right away but was initially let down because Bethesda is poop? Blargh! (Only thing I haven't checked is whether Lover's Comfort activates properly.....everything else is golden so far; but that's like such a minor thing if it means having a guy I really clicked with immediately, right? Womp! Also, I read that finishing the Thieves Guild questline can make him disappear, which would suck major nards if he just vanished on me someday......)

EDIT! Yep, Lover's Comfort works. Well, dagnabbit. Choice is getting harder and harder.

Attachments
Ungrien.jpg
Ungrien.jpg (238.02 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Ungrien No Hood.jpg
Ungrien No Hood.jpg (202.84 KiB) Viewed 4401 times

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I got married ............................. twice ......... I think then reloaded old saves cause meh. :lol: Actually I probably used the exact console codes you used I suspect to marry Eric the Slayer. :lol: Since he was supposed to be able to marry but for some reason the game glitches and doesn't give you the ability.
Actually the above is truth but at the same time a fib. My old character married EVERYONE who you could force into it. *snerk* She married every follower just too see what lines they'd spill out and even characters not meant to be like Adrianne Avenicci. I can say that Lucan Valerius (Riverwood Trader). Creepy. Like seriously creepy as a husband.
But Erik. Man. Always had my heart that one.

Start over character hasn't married and probably never will. She has completed the Thieves Guild quest line though. Want me to make her marry your guy and see if he disappears? Or does he have to be with you when you start?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Nah, it's okay. It was either on the wiki or unofficial Elder Scrolls page where I saw on his NPC page that there seems to be a chance of him randomly disappearing and being replaced by Romlyn Dreth upon completion of the Thieves Guild quest. They say it doesn't appear to be scripted, so it's completely random I guess. I don't think him being a follower or not has anything to do with it.

I haven't been able to play in a few days due to working a buttload of hours, but when I do, I plan on reloading a previous save and just taking him out as a follower before marrying, just to make sure he fights okay and that everything's working properly. That, and I still haven't decided between the two of them yet. :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one that does this, however..... :D

zedxrgal

Ah well if it's random it may never happen with me then. For me it would be a tough decision too. How do these pixel characters worm their way into our hearts so easily? I would probably go with boy one though. My first ever spouse (before I learned console coding :o ) was Derkeethus. He was so sweet and kind. Very "loving" words etc. I would not hesitate to take him as a spouse again or Erik.

Funny cause under the wiki Valdimar shows as a sorcerer and proficient with heavy armor. Funny I never noticed him casting spells when defending Windstad Manor. Holy crap! I need to check on him. I think he died! Oh man. I'll be ticked if he died.

I too haven't done pretty much any gaming in WEEKS because of work and then I got the flu a week ago.

Stay tuned on my Valdimar. :?

Edit: Whew. He's fine!
Proof of life!
Him's hiding in the shrubs

Shadowmere has this look on his face like "I can still see you!"

Scenic views from Windstad Manor:

I feel so much better now.

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Hehe I kind of like Valdimar myself, I had so much trouble deciding who my vampire Ameridin should marry .. or even if he should at all but in the end he found love in Argis the Bulwark.
Argis along with Onmund from the college and Marcurio are my favourite followers so now Ameri lives in Windsad manor along with his spouse Argis and Steward.
The Voikhar vampires seem far less sensitive than the 'other' ones and I kinda think the eyes are neat .. maybe I'm a weirdo :lol:

Some pictures of Ameri.

Granted the armor isn't particularly lore friendly but I adore how it looks.

I almost always use either Argis,Onmund or Marcurio in my playthroughs, I have cosmetic mods installed for Marc and Onmund.I quite like Argis the way he looks in the basegame.

"my" Onmund (mod by CrimsonFairy)

"My" Marcurio (mod by Kerwin1988)

Argis .. hubba hubba :D

Attachments
Ameridin.jpg
Ameridin.jpg (518.36 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Ameridin again.jpg
Ameridin again.jpg (508.44 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal

Windstad Manor is w/out a doubt my favorite Hearthfire home. Marcurio is the steward up there and Valdimar just kind of hangs out. lol
My girl is a werewolf. I tried being a vampire but really didn't like it. Serana is still her follower though.

All this talk makes me wanna play. teeheehee

Edit: Almost forgot. You have some VERY handsome boys Nef. :P

Nefretiti

Thank you :D though I can really only take credit for Ameridin :D

I love your characters .. everyone here has some wonderful characters too

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, I stuck with Valdimar. He just suits my character so much better as far as my little backstory for both of them is concerned. And he looks really awesome in the Snow Bear armor. And he's a way better fighter. (By the way, I think with one of the official patches, they fixed it so that he's proficient in light armor instead of heavy. He makes up for it with Stoneskin.) Ungrien just wasn't a very good fighter, either. He kept getting wailed on. Valdimar, on the other hand, is practically a tank and he does stupid amounts of damage. I don't know what it is about him, but half the time he's killed whatever thing that attacks me before I even notice what's going on. I hear his battle cries from behind me, turn around, and there's the corpse of a random thing laying there. Ooookay..... :lol: As far as hearing "my Thane" while traveling around, eh. I'll deal. It's a minor annoyance but he's worth it.

And Nef, your modded dudes look about 30x better than the actual ones, lol. I had heard a lot about Onmund's jaw, but didn't join the College 'til just yesterday. He looks alright from the front, but from the side.....yeesh. Poor guy. :lol: Vanilla Marcurio isn't too bad, but his mouth seems like it's too close to his nose or something so he's always got this bulldog face going on. At least that's how it looks to me. I dunno. Vald is kinda old, but I love his eyes and he's just so darned useful in combat. Ah, my Bear..... :P Only thing I'm seriously on the fence about is whether or not I want to become a Vampire Lord, and use AFT to make Valdimar one too. 1) Not sure that I want to change either of our faces, and 2) I don't know if it will satisfy the quest "The Gift". Argh!

My Windstad Manor is really tiny right now. I started adding the main hall last night, but ran out of logs. It was 2 a.m. so I figured I could pick up on it some other time. Darned work, making me wake up before noon and junk. :lol: And what is with the darned game scattering all my placed items everywhere? Geez, I want to add a couple of personal touches with an urn or statue of Dibella, and when I come back home, it looks like a bomb went off inside. :(

zedxrgal

Rhyela - Yeah houses are like "Uh no. That looks like crap there, I don't like it." and then it tosses it to the floor like a five year old while you're gone. :lol: I've noticed that sometimes my built houses seem to leave things where I've placed them however. Not often but on occasion. The other almost comical part is that When I place things my stewards or housecarls say something along the lines of my dropping something then hand it back to me.

Speaking of marriage. On my very first toon I married Angrenor Once-Honored. He does call you "love" etc. I married him way back then because I felt SO BAD for him.

I REALLY want to play but sadly worked kicked my butt today so I am too wore out to sit at my laptop tonight

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

My brother suggested that I drop the item, leave the house, let it auto-save, then come back inside before placing the item. I guess it saves the inside and all the parts within as an "inside cell" the first time you drop something, so if you drop and place it before leaving and letting it load it, it'll just keep tossing it back where you don't want it. Or something. It made more sense when he explained it. All I know is I drop everything on the floor, leave, come back in and place it where I want, and it seems to stick better.

I downloaded three mods tonight: AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks), something about better-looking vampires, and Horses for Followers. I'm not a vampire yet, but it's there in case I decide to go that route. The horse mod is probably not as good as Convenient Horses, but I didn't want anything overly complicated and fancy. I just want Valdimar to have his own horse. And I downloaded AFT for various quality-of-life improvements.

The horse one is a bit testy on my file. I think it's because I already have Frost, I should have downloaded it a long time ago. It wouldn't let me buy a horse for Valdimar no matter what I did, but it would let me buy one for myself. I messed with it for a while, and all I could do was just buy my own one and let him have Frost. He was determined to keep him for himself, so whatever. :lol: He rides him now, it works, I'm happy.

Amazing Follower Tweaks is very very in-depth and I have barely touched most of the features, but I did set up his standard gear (no crappy Hunting Bow and sucky iron armor, yay!), house gear, aaaand looked at his stats? I think that's all I've done. Oh and enjoyed the very unpolished "give me some sugar" animation. What is really nice about this mod that I'm enjoying the most is that the follower becomes much more animated. He actually does things while I'm idle now, instead of standing there like a robot. Peep the pics, yo!

He chills like a boss:

Presumably smiths some things:

Gets his grind on:

Follows me into the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary and chills some more:

Sweeps dem floors:

And sports a loincloth like nobody's business (ahem):

And he really, really likes Frost. So um, whatever I guess. I'll keep Non-Unique Horse #287.

And here's mah lady with some shiny gold earrings and a circlet, which until a day or two ago I didn't realize I could wear under my hood!:
Attachments
Chillin'.jpg
Chillin'.jpg (302.91 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Valdismith.jpg
Valdismith.jpg (323.07 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Getting His Grind On.jpg
Getting His Grind On.jpg (346.82 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Valdimar DB.jpg
Valdimar DB.jpg (254.65 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Burly Cinderella.jpg
Burly Cinderella.jpg (207.99 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Basic Valdimar.jpg
Basic Valdimar.jpg (326.23 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Horses!.jpg
Horses!.jpg (400.71 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Jewelry!.jpg
Jewelry!.jpg (131.7 KiB) Viewed 4401 times

Nefretiti

Your lady is lovely Rhy :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a Valdimar fan :D

I've been dipping into skyrim now and then playing my Vokhiar vampire Ameridin mostly. he's a dark brotherhood member, may do thieves guild later on, haven't decided yet.

Ameri and Shadowmere on the road.

and a great looking armor I've fallen in love with beside the "Cleric armor" Ameridan wears.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39 ... 9983&pUp=1

Attachments
Ameri and Shadowmere.jpg
Ameri and Shadowmere.jpg (628.58 KiB) Viewed 4401 times

zedxrgal

Dang. Seeing all your guys' screen shots almost makes me want to mod.

Almost. :lol:

I probably don't know what I'm missing but I am not sure I want to push my poor laptop graphically any more than I have too. Poor thing sounds like she's gonna explode.

Nefretiti

Started a new character, an Argonian named Syndal.
She's probably going to be a part of the thieves guild eventually. she managed to scrape enough together to get Lakeview Manor and build herself a small home there.

just stole Frost, i love how he looks with armor on. the armor was originally from a separate mod giving all horses different armorings, Shadowmere and Frost got unique sets but now the armorings are included in the convenient horses mod.

Syb's current follower and possibly future husband.

Attachments
Syndal.jpg
Syndal.jpg (643.05 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Frost.jpg
Frost.jpg (832.45 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Marc.jpg
Marc.jpg (452.77 KiB) Viewed 4401 times

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Awesome pictures in this thread. Holy smokes!

Random question.. But have any of you guys had trouble with your followers lately? o_O
With mine, when I get on my mount they turn and start walking off to... who knows! Prob to their spawn point where I had found them. I have to rush over and talk to them to get them to follow again.
I've had this happen with two different followers and I'm not sure what's going on D:

Siggy under construction!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I haven't had that issue, but I did have a weird one tonight. Valdimar started flying around in the air. I think it had something to do with the fact that we had been swimming, because as he was zipping around up there, he was doing the swimming animation. It was really weird! Oh, and he's stopped making the homecooked meals for me. :( I never remember to use them, but the dialogue was nice.

Attachments
Superman.jpg
Superman.jpg (92.1 KiB) Viewed 4401 times

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

o____o O-oh my. Maybe he's really the Dragonborn.

Siggy under construction!

Nefretiti

Thats really odd O.o but then again while Skyrim is a wonderful game the technical side of it leaves abit to be desired, the engine is kinda wonky.

I have a dilemma .. I made two characters intent for the same role >< now I can't decide which one I like better .. I haven't really worked out a background for either yet exept that Arundil is the cousin of my voikhar vampire Ameridin.

Arundil is an altmer like Ameridin

Harald is a nord

On an unrelated note, my half nord half altmer girl Idris with her future husband.

Edit : found this hairmod with physics which doesn't require like 100 different support mods, just HDT physics.
it has this long braid I decided to use for Idris and boy do I love it.

Attachments
Arundil.jpg
Arundil.jpg (433.79 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Harald.jpg
Harald.jpg (683.59 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Idris and Onmund.jpg
Idris and Onmund.jpg (560.74 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Idris and Onmund.jpg
Idris and Onmund.jpg (560.74 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
Idris hair.jpg
Idris hair.jpg (289.02 KiB) Viewed 4401 times