Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Nefretiti »

So I dipped back into this, not sure yet which character I will be playing, possibly my handsome vampire or perhaps his cousin who has been sent to Skyrim to find him.
Or perhaps my Oblivion turned Skyrim character.

Pretty view from Winstad Manor with one of my mods in the background.

Attachments
wiew.jpg
wiew.jpg (605.5 KiB) Viewed 22733 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Ameridin and his now vampire husband on the road from Markarth after welcoming another to the Vokihar family.

Attachments
20171204120629_1.jpg
20171204120629_1.jpg (390.47 KiB) Viewed 22733 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

My husband wants me to try this game.. but isnt it filled with magic and violence? I think the screenies are pretty though. Hubby says that I can get mods to take out the things I dont like..

I just want to play a ranger/person who use bows not magic. And pref an elven race if there is such a thing

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

If you're a ranger, you can sneak around and kill things from afar and not have to worry about any of the violence. There are some elven races like the Altmer (High Elf), Bosmer (Wood Elf), and Dunmer (Dark Elf). Out of the box, they're all pretty ugly. But there are some awesome mods to make yourself look really good. Long as you get it for the PC, that is.

Siggy under construction!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm not sure how you could play the game and avoid magic and violence, honestly. You would need to mod it very heavily to make spells and Shouts not be spells and Shouts. Somehow. I don't know if those mods exist. And violence is unavoidable and will be against humanoids, which I know you have trouble with. Perhaps you could mod them to look like something else, but again, I don't know if those mods exist. It's possible, if the mods exist, that you could mod the game into something that wouldn't be Skyrim anymore, in order to remove those elements.

Skyrim is an amazing, classic game. But, given your sensitivities, I'm not sure I'd recommend it for you.

The other thing that occurs to me is perhaps there is a mod to make all the mobs not-aggressive. You'd have to use the alternate start mod as well, to avoid the violence in the starting sequence. If a "peaceful world" mod exists, then the game could be something you could work with. You could just explore. You'll have trouble getting gold for a horse, a home, etc. You wouldn't be able to do the quests. But, you could sort of visit, and enjoy the scenery. And you can mod in free horses and houses and pretty armor. It's possible to turn into a sandbox dress up/housing game. And if you can make the mobs all peaceful and don't do quests, maybe that would work for you.

However, modding to that extent is gonna be a lot of work. I won't kid you about that. You'll have to learn how to make all the mods get along and load properly and it isn't easy. There's plenty of youtube tutorials, though. If you want something to take up a chunk of time, modding Skyrim would do it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thanks both! What language is the mods coded in? I can code a bit myself depending on which language it is. .. I am best at c++ and SQL

Hubby talking an awful lot about the game but our sensitivity (conscience ) is not at the same lvl heh.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim is where I got all my mods. Some times, they'll have different language support. If you get the Nexus Mod manager to apply the mods, it'll pretty much stick everything in the game for you. It's pretty simple!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

thanks for the link :D I will see if hubby successfully persuade me to play this.. not sure yet :P

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Are there any mods to Skyrim which turns all humans into beasts,?

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Turn them into beasts how? Like, make them all dogs? Or the beast races, like Khajiit? (I mostly ask out of curiosity, because I'm not 100% certain if there are mods that do that, though it sounds familiar.)

If you're looking for mods of any sort, I absolutely suggest looking through Brodual's videos -- they go over many different mods, catered to all different types of players.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I ve searched and yet to find a mod who does what I want.. I dont like killing humanoids so I kinda only want to kill animals like bears, scorpions, lions etc...I dont think there is a mod like that.. I havent seen one yet.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I mean, you can run around the game only killing animals if you want. It's a pretty game to just explore and dork around in. You might get jumped by bandits every once in a while though. Can always just run away from them. I just dont think you'll get very far in the story without killing any humanoids.
Still! There are some mods which allow you to start the game differently than the scripted stuff, and just kinda be a hermit in the woods. :D Thats always a fun thing to do. Just kinda run around and explore the scenery.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah, a lot of the game focuses on killing humanoids in some manner -- bandits, vampires, draugr, etc. I think that changing all of the NPCs into animals could potentially break something quest-wise :?

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Bowno wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:29 pm I mean, you can run around the game only killing animals if you want. It's a pretty game to just explore and dork around in. You might get jumped by bandits every once in a while though. Can always just run away from them. I just dont think you'll get very far in the story without killing any humanoids.
Still! There are some mods which allow you to start the game differently than the scripted stuff, and just kinda be a hermit in the woods. :D Thats always a fun thing to do. Just kinda run around and explore the scenery.
Bit too expensive a game if I can not follow the story. .I got lots of exploration games but I had hope to find a game without any violence or magic with a good story and quests .mm seems impossible lol

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Hate to go off topic, but might I suggest looking into Wolf Quest when it comes out? They're making a new Wolf Quest, which is looking AMAZING. I think the early access is some time within the next weekish. No humans to worry about there. Just Elk, Bears, Cougars, Foxes, Coyotes, etc! You're a wolf yourself instead of a human.. But that might be right up your alley.

The Long Dark is also a pretty good game. No other living people. No undead people either. Just already dead people that you can scavenge from their corpses and some Wolves/Bears to look out for. It's more about survival in a snowy world where everyone else is just.. gone!

I know I've seen Skyrim in Gamestop pretty cheap, but I dont remember if those were PC versions or not :l I do remember paying A LOT for mine when it first came out. X_X;

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I tried the long dark as hubby likes it. . Not for me heh. Tried the old WolfQuest in Alpha and did not like it. I need to find a solo game wit quests and storylinies which I don't find boring. .which is hard :P I want something like lotr /guildwars 2 but as solo and without humanoids, having to have a deity to follow and without magic. .
Pretty sure the game dont exsist yet which is why i had hoped that I could turn the humanoids in Skyrim into different types of animals :)

bauuubass

Unread post by bauuubass »

I've been thinking so hard if I should start playing it. My brother was hooked on Skyrim for a looong time and I'd decided I kinda wanted to find my own thing so I got into DA series, Divinity Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, Shadowrun and so on, and now that I've run out of RPGs to play maybe I should give Skyrim a go. My main source of doubt comes from the fear that the story will not be interesting enough, since I'm used to story heavy RPGs.