Unread post by Rawr »

Image :D :mrgreen:

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Rhyela »

The only thing that concerns me is that I have several mods, and I read that SKSE will need to be updated, along with all the mods that use it. So will it break my current saves? Will I have to start over? I'm really nervous about this because I'd like to continue on my current characters. Furthermore, will the mod authors on Nexus even come back to work on updating or overhauling their mods? I know I have several where the authors have stated that they're done with the mod and supporting it and blah blah. I just have a lot of questions about what this is going to mean for my current saves.

Edit: It's starting to sound more and more like PC users may be better off waiting a few weeks or months to jump into the special edition. Unless it adds new content, which I don't believe it does, it's more or less a graphic overhaul, which our mods do very well. Yes, it's 64 bit and DX11, so it would run smoother, but I honestly haven't been bothered by its performance anyway. I swing my axe, things die, profit. :lol: My husband, on the other hand, would very much benefit from the special edition because he prefers console and won't play it on PC (he's crazy, I know!). He wants to begin anew the adventures of his deadly khajiit thief/assassin, Snookywookums. >.> :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Rhyela wrote:The only thing that concerns me is that I have several mods, and I read that SKSE will need to be updated, along with all the mods that use it. So will it break my current saves? Will I have to start over? I'm really nervous about this because I'd like to continue on my current characters. Furthermore, will the mod authors on Nexus even come back to work on updating or overhauling their mods? I know I have several where the authors have stated that they're done with the mod and supporting it and blah blah. I just have a lot of questions about what this is going to mean for my current saves.
Just touching on this again. This is only for PC but your original save files should still be there but it was said by Bethesda that they will not be in the same folder as this version of the game. You shouldn't have to start over but you may have to locate your old save files and transfer them to the new game folders in order to retrieve them.

I installed the pre-load on Steam last night (thanks Rawr :hug: ) and it looks exactly as Bethesda said it would ................. like it's a completely separate game.

I am going to start a fresh. Total nostalgic vanilla baby. When /if mods gets updated I'll load them but I wants me some Skyrim NAO!

I'll try and post screen shots of how the game files look tonight if people need them.

Reminder!! If you are playing on console you WILL have to start completely over. Your old saves will be wiped completely out.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

zedxrgal

So I launched the game. I suspect these are video card related issues but a lot didn't render right which you'll see. But first the main screen looks different.
There is now an "add ons" and "mods" options

Here it would appear you have to actually have an account with Bethesda for said mods. This doesn't bode well if that's the case.

There appears to be some sort of graphics issue on NPC's

But Alduin is so cute.

I am going to give it a day or two before playing again and see if NVIDIA releases a game ready driver to combat the NPC graphic issues and the extreme variances in brightness. Or if Bethesda releases an update.

But as for mods. Possibly S.O.L.
Sorry I couldn't play longer to test more.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-skyrim-speci ... -and-mods/ :D Nexus Mod Manager has an update for it :headbang: :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

2 of my favorite mods are up, Alternate Start - Live Another Life where you start in a random place after making you character (you also get armor/weapons depending on what you pick, nothing OP) and Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival, its got camping gear, new skills and items you can make, a reason to not be out in a snow storm, lots of stuff.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... mods/272/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... mods/671/? :mrgreen:

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

So, they didn't touch player or NPC textures, did they? *sigh* It...doesn't look much different, honestly. The lighting is better. Um. Well, at least it was free for PC.
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

not sure why but i feel my game is so much more gorgeous than the vanilla game was yes its the same npc textures but the rest i love it

Also doing a run with out mods for now will add when i have more achievements unlocked or i may add when i want more aggressive horses :D

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Well my mod works, tho not as dark as it was. I'll have to fix that when the kit comes out :D
Image :mrgreen:

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

What mod(s) are you using on that Khajiit, Rawr?
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Teigan wrote:What mod(s) are you using on that Khajiit, Rawr?
The only one I'm using is my Warpaints&Skins+ it adds all the warpaints to all the races, as you can see in the pic my khajiit has an elf warpaint(I think), it also adds so many colors to the warpaints and lips (so you can match), it also adds a bunch of skin colors, khajiit have like 4 default, now I have I think 10. The only thing is that some warpaints on beastraces don't center (not all just some) I think it has to do with how humanoid faces are mapped. :D If you want a copy let me know and Ill put it on the nexus. :mrgreen:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... ods/1180/? I put it up if anyone wants to check it out. Just download it, open it up, and drop the only file in there into your Data folder, easy pease. :lol: :mrgreen:

zedxrgal

OK so I downloaded the latest NVIDIA game ready driver (launched 10/27/16) and it didn't fix the buggy NPC video issue.
I have also noticed a lot of bugs. Sometimes video & audio don't sync up.
Alduin is so badass he fights from three feet ABOVE a building.
Plus several others.
I would post screenshots but I'm on my tablet.
All I know is my new toon is only level 2 and just made it to Riverwood.
What I have noticed also is the original Skyrim was pretty much plug and play so to speak. Adjust video quality to my laptop's capabilities and off we go.
This one, brightness has to be constantly tweaked, the "look sensitivity" borders on motion sickness inducing to a numb delayed reaction just one click to the right or left. And I'm 90% certain there's new dialog. I didn't get screenshots but it seemed like both Gefrdur and her brother Ralof had new things to say. I may reinstall the original Skyrim and see.
For now I'm waiting a few days before touching it again.
I would use the unofficial Skyrim mod but I want my achievements. I'll have to noodle out how to install that fix though.

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I MUST HELP!

Achievements Mods Enabler http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... mods/245/? manual install, dont use the NMM

1.Copy all the files from the download to Skyrim SE's root folder (where SkyrimSE.exe is, refer to this if confused). (the folder that holds the Data folder)
2.Read the notes. (you should always do this anyways)
3.Play (you may need to restart Steam for the mod to work) (I didnt have issues)

Any questions let me know :D :mrgreen:

zedxrgal

Awe thanks Rawr! :hug:

Sorry for the second post but ........... I just looked on the Skyrim wiki at both Gerdur Ralof's dialog and what I saw IS NOT on there. I'll for sure try and screen shot it tomorrow. I interrupted the dialog between her and Ralof and something came up about your telling her about the dragon and Ralof coboberating the story which he does of course.
I'll try and get screen shots tomorrow

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah, thats why I got the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... mods/266/? it fixes a bunch of that stuff. Can'r Skyrim without it :lol: :mrgreen:

zedxrgal

I may not make it on Skyrim today but definitely tomorrow. If I have questions I'll let you know. Are you running W10?

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Some screenshots from my long-butt play session today. :)

No one needs physics in Skyrim, because horses.

Some kind of samurai-styled armor from Immersive Armors, minus a fur collar I found and equipped today (pictured in the Jarl one above but not as visible).

I hired Jenassa a couple days ago or so, and am having a hard time parting with her. I can't help but feel that she's a very trusted comrade. She seems wise, plus she's a good fighter, and she sometimes comments about being the "shadow at your back". I guess I kinda see her as Shiraz's bodyguard now. Not that she really needs one, but I know that if there are other enemies besides the one I'm fighting, I can trust her to dispatch them for me without falling in combat like a loser. She cautions me about angering spirits in certain places, and I trust her judgment/instincts. She's an invaluable friend so I'm just basically RPing at this point that she's no longer a mercenary (though she started out as one), and that she's staying because we've formed a bond. It's deeper than friendship, more like..."shield-sisters" as the Companions might say? Hard to explain. The Ethereal Elf mod made her quite pretty, too. :) I've somewhat contemplated marriage, but I don't want to ruin her personality. Both she and Shiraz are fierce and independent ladies, so I don't know if I want to mess that up. That, and Shiraz is wanting to make her mark on the world in her own way. She fled from marriage so I can't see her diving into another one for a while. She wants battle and adventure. She hasn't even bought or built a home yet and she's almost level 40. I've never had a character this independent before. It's a nice but unfamiliar feeling. I always plant roots somewhere and get hitched (not that marriage is involved in this game anyway, but I always make elaborate RP stories in my head). But this girl is Dragonborn, Harbinger of the Companions, Thane, and working on helping out the Dawnguard and the Imperial Legion. She's too busy for romance and such nonsense when there are enemies to decapitate. :D

Okay, I'm babbling so time for bed! :)
Attachments
Castle Volkihar.jpg
Castle Volkihar.jpg (236.13 KiB) Viewed 2845 times
Jarl Shiraz.jpg
Jarl Shiraz.jpg (260.23 KiB) Viewed 2845 times
lolphysics.jpg
lolphysics.jpg (335.06 KiB) Viewed 2845 times
Samurai Armor.jpg
Samurai Armor.jpg (275.6 KiB) Viewed 2845 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.