Skyrim!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Skyrim!

Unread post by Nick »

I know I'm like four years late for the hype train with this game but after modding the hell outta it I got back into playing and reliving the fact that I am total Khajiit trash oops
seriously only like four of the dozens of characters I've made (that I still have or have made in the past) are not Khajiits

Anyone else still play? Fave NPCs? Races? Have a specific character that's your pixel child?
Share pictures of characters, funny stories, mods you like or can't live without... if anyone even still plays lmfao
Last edited by Nick on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Skyrim!

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I still play on occation, a modded out the wazoo version, some of the mods not all that lore friendly but meh ehe

my current obsession.

Ameridin my Voikhar vampire

Attachments
Ameridin.jpg
Ameridin.jpg (464.59 KiB) Viewed 31450 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Modded to hell and back is the best way to play honestly :P there's only so much that the vanilla game can give before it starts to go a bit stale tbh
And Ameridin looks awesome!

I have multiple characters but I've only bothered to take good profile screenshots of two of them lmao

The first is my Daedra-worshipping Orc, Urzua

and the second one I have a picture of is Adaliah, my half-Redguard, half-elf girl
(it's kinda hard to see in the picture but she does actually have moderately pointed ears lol)

Nefretiti

I did notice the ears :) your characters look neat, I have a nord-altmer character myself though Ameridin is the one I play the most, he's an altmer spellsword.

I'm kinda snowed in on SWTOR: Knights of the fallen empire right now though :) quite an interesting expansion.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Oh good, at least the ears are noticeable a bit :lol: I think out of all my characters I play, I'm on my Breton vampire the most, since I'm going through the painstaking process right now of writing her experiences journal-style as she goes through them and trying to muddle out details and such. I'm not sure if I want to mix it with a bit of actual scene writing in-between a few journal entries that can't be fully experienced unless written out entirely or just sticking purely to journal form... which I'm having trouble writing, because I tend to mix past and present tense together :?

I've been wanting to get into SWTOR for a long time now, but whenever I download it, it never likes to run for me :? It might be cause my desktop is so old, I haven't tried it on my laptop yet...

Nefretiti

I've played SWTOR on and off since it's release, I quite enjoy it, of the expansions so far Rise of the hutt cartel is my least favourite, Makeb is too much of an anthill for me, enemies everywhere. I loved Shadows of Revan and so far I quite enjoy Knights of the fallen empire.

might be the graphics, I had issues with it initially on my older machine but a computer savy friend of mine helped me fix it. corrupt driver or somesuch.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yeah, the graphics is what I was thinking but until I test it on my laptop I won't know for sure ><
Do the expansions cost money, or are they free as well along with the rest of the game?

(this is getting so off topic but it's my thread so w/e :lol:)

Nefretiti

looks like Rise of the hutt cartel + shadows of revan expansions $20 for both, and Knights of the fallen empire free for subscribers from what I can gather off the site info.

the free to play game is so restricted it's really annoying to play, you have to unlock artifact equipment (purples and such) access to cargo hold, hide headslot,customize appearance and all that jazz so in my oppinion its much easier albeit not really cheaper to get a subscription. the fees are about the same as WoW

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

augh that's a lot, though unexpected for expansions D:
and yea, I figured it had to be about as much to keep on par with other pay-to-play MMORPGs but being unemployed is a pain >~< maybe one day when I actually have money I'll be able to get fully into SWTOR and WoW again :lol:

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I tried playing Skyrim a couple of times.

But I have to admit, I can't handle the world.
It's so vastly big and there are no borders, keeping you were you belong with the level you have.
Time and time, I die just because I try to solve a quest that simply is to hard for my level.

Any tips on how to handle the vastness of the game?
Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

I really love Skyrim. I go back and play it constantly. I also play Elder Scrolls Online too off and on. I have my Skyrim decently modded. Modding the game is the reason why I find myself coming back constantly to replay it. My most recent and favorite character is my Khajiit Werewolf who's an Archer Assassin. Here's a few pictures of them in and out of werewolf mode.

[ FLIGHT RISING: @Moonith ]
See a hatchling you want? If it's available it'll be on the AH or in my Exalt / For Sale tab of my lair!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Bhando wrote:I tried playing Skyrim a couple of times.

It's so vastly big and there are no borders, keeping you were you belong with the level you have.
Time and time, I die just because I try to solve a quest that simply is to hard for my level.

Hmm... that's a bit of a hard thing to answer, honestly. I've gotten so used to just console commanding my health to be some outrageous number that I don't even really pay attention to what is strong or not :? I'd say maybe don't stray too far from the quests (both in Whiterun and other major cities) and use them as a guideline -- most things in Skyrim are designed to level along with you so they continue being a challenge even into late game but as long as you keep your armor and weapons strong you should be fine.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

And modding is the only reason I got back into it so I know that feeling, Ith :lol: Your Khajiit looks nice! And very fluffy in werewolf mode, though I probably wouldn't want to pet them while they're like that :P

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I did some modding way back when and made a MOD that changes or rather adds to the list of skin and face markings. I gave everyone a black and a white skin and lots more in between depending on the race. I still have it if anyone wants a copy. :mrgreen:

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I finally downloaded it for PC, but I don't have any mods. I do plan on downloading some simple ones to just improve textures/hairstyles/etc. Overall I'm happy with how my character turned out, even with the rather atrocious-looking hairstyles available. I don't think I did too bad, considering.

The graphics are so much better than the Xbox 360, I am quite impressed! And I finally have a PC that can run it without exploding, so I'm able to play it on Ultra High! Never thought that'd be possible! I've played it on the 360 but never beat it; I tried to transfer my save from my husband's console to mine, lost A TON of things I had crafted (since he had the DLC) and got set way back, and got so upset about it that I quit. That was probably at least a year ago, maybe more......

Divani is mainly focusing on archery, destruction and possibly one-handed unless I just really love dual-casting. Other than that, I have only a slight notion of how I'm going to play her: Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood, probably the College of Winterhold.....not sure that I'll join the Companions. And I'm seriously thinking of making her a vampire eventually. :D

Attachments
Divani Close-Up Riverwood.jpg
Divani Close-Up Riverwood.jpg (473 KiB) Viewed 31450 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Alex wrote:Modded to hell and back is the best way to play honestly

Personally I disagree. I use VERY little mods and they all just bug fixes ect and I've NO PROBLEM with the game, it's quality etc.

@ Rhyela -
Use these mods if you wish. They will make textures even better and fix some bugs Bethesda never seemed to take the time to fix.

UNOFFICIAL SKYRIM PATCH
UNOFFICIAL HIGH RESOLUTION PATCH
UNOFFICIAL HEARTHFIRE PATCH
UNOFFICIAL DAWNGUARD PATCH
UNOFFICIAL DRAGONBORN PATCH

I only use the above mods. :) At the least use the Skyrim & High Res patches.

Edit:
Since I am lazy I located the original two Skyrim threads HERE and HERE.
I have VERY recent SS's since I was forced to start over completely because of a hard drive failure with a W10 install. Lost all my game files. So I've a new toon on a four year old game. :lol: Let me know if y'all want me to bombard with new screen shots.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

zedxrgal

*forgot to reply to this*
Bhando wrote:I tried playing Skyrim a couple of times.

Sorry for the double post but I find this really odd. NPC's, dragons and creatures are generally the same level as you or one level higher than you when you encounter them. You can also adjust the difficulty level mid-fight, without modding, if you're getting beat down.
The game automatically starts you at adept level I believe.

So if you're on PC do as follows: esc > Settings > Gameplay > Difficulty

Adjust to the level you want. Remember you CAN change it mid-fight if you need. Also remember. Save early and often.

Another thing. Never underestimate the power of a well geared follower. Your first two chances are Faendal and Sven in Riverwood. I always choose Faendal because he teaches archery. Sven is useless as a follow TBH. After that you're granted Lydia in Whiterun when you become Thane. Lydia is probably one of the strongest starter followers in the game. Not sure if you had a "tank" follower running around with you. If not. Get one. :D

Any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

zedxrgal wrote:
@ Rhyela -
Use these mods if you wish. They will make textures even better and fix some bugs Bethesda never seemed to take the time to fix.

UNOFFICIAL SKYRIM PATCH
UNOFFICIAL HIGH RESOLUTION PATCH
UNOFFICIAL HEARTHFIRE PATCH
UNOFFICIAL DAWNGUARD PATCH
UNOFFICIAL DRAGONBORN PATCH

I only use the above mods. :) At the least use the Skyrim & High Res patches.

Edit:
Since I am lazy I located the original two Skyrim threads HERE and HERE.
I have VERY recent SS's since I was forced to start over completely because of a hard drive failure with a W10 install. Lost all my game files. So I've a new toon on a four year old game. :lol: Let me know if y'all want me to bombard with new screen shots.
Thank you! I also asked my brother for mods that he recommends since I don't want to change the vanilla experience too much. I asked for some hairstyles (nothing outrageous), texture improvements, etc. I don't want to change the core game or how it plays, since I like it very well as-is.

And heck yes, I want to see some screen shots! :D

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, my character's had some updates since I last posted..... I also changed her name to Thrana. :)

Attachments
Thrana Updated.jpg
Thrana Updated.jpg (281.86 KiB) Viewed 31450 times

zedxrgal

Wow. She looks lovely Rhyela.