Free To Play Tame Everything MMO Riders of Icarus

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Free To Play Tame Everything MMO Riders of Icarus

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I just found this mmo thanks to TotalBiscuit. It's your basic cookie cutter asian mmo a lot like Final Fantasy only the twist is nearly everything is tameable as a mount you can fight with and name. I figured this might appeal to some hunters so I'm sharing my experience. It's been really fun so far despite some slightly clunky controls. So far my guy has a wolf and a....sigh unicorn the most unmanly of unmanly things that ever unmanned. Here are some pics. You can get the flaming bird if you go in to the open beta which is happening now during your first few quests. I started off with a rogue, but find priest is much more fun to me.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Free To Play Tame Everything MMO Riders of Icarus

Unread post by Ana »

What kind of mobs do you fight? Humanoids, animals, etc? And is it like ane othet mmorpg. .fight, kill, get exp?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tårnfalk wrote:What kind of mobs do you fight? Humanoids, animals, etc? And is it like ane othet mmorpg. .fight, kill, get exp?
Most of the enemies so far seem to be human/animal hybrids. There are rhinos much like those from the Kung Fu Panda movies and gnolls. There are also enemies that look like ewoks on steroids that kind of scare the crap out of me. :lol: There are some basic quests to kill wolves and boars for meat or protection. Whenever you kill anything you get exp,but the bulk of it comes from quests. It reminds me a lot of a FinalFantasy/Wow hybrid. They have two UI options "standard" which is basically wow where you select an enemy with a mouse and then can use 1,2,3, and so on for spells or just click them. Then they also have another type which you can chose if you wish before you begin the tutorial which is horrible to me, but that may be since I'm not used to it where your mouse buttons basically do all the attacking and you can't select a target. This lead to me endless frustration. It's fairly easy so far, but I haven't made it out of the area just past the tutorial yet.
Last edited by Bulletdance on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Are most of the quests kill stuff quests?

The reason why i ask this weird questions is well i try to avoid too violent games.. thats why we are not currently playing any mmorpg :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tårnfalk wrote:Are most of the quests kill stuff quests?

The reason why i ask this weird questions is well i try to avoid too violent games.. thats why we are not currently playing any mmorpg :D
It's mostly killing so you may not like it for that reason, but it's not very bloody or realistic. I've had quests to put out fires and tame animals, but the bulk of it is to kill things. You couldn't really get away without killing anything sadly.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ahh does not sound like something for me :D

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

This looks interesting. I think I'll try it. Cause I totally need another time sink XD
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'll look at TB's review on it. May try it from there.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

THEY KILL MY MEJESTIC FLAP FLAP!! :cry: :mrgreen:

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Stumbled on this game tonight after a friend told me about it. I'm really enjoying it so far actually! Seems very reminiscent of WoW or GW2 but I don't mind, most MMOs are these days, and it's free to play so I can't really complain.

I'm hoping they'll do some more tweaking in the future, like adding an option to scale the UI and fix some keybindings (the game does not detect my extra mouse buttons :( ).

I'm not very far yet, just got through the intro stuff and wandered around before taking a little break. The graphics are nicer than I was expecting for a F2P and I like the character customization (though again, I'm hoping they add some more options, like more hairstyles and such, there's so many that I love from the female models and then males get mostly boring ones).

I'm definitely going to be looking into it more and playing around on it though, it seems fun!

(PS here's a trailer for it, it definitely is what sparked my interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkqeoF992WI )
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

I'm a legendary founder so yea I know of it. I'm lvl 25 now. just farming dungeons for gear and gold now. My ingame name is Bigsword if you want to friend or group with me.

Attachments
ScreenShot 2016-07-02 (21-22-49).jpg
ScreenShot 2016-07-02 (21-22-49).jpg (588.08 KiB) Viewed 4485 times
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

ive put 45hours into this game but im cringing about being 1 lvl below the quest monster with red names and finding it difficult to kill them - even with being a wiz with heroic gear on.. like the level mechanics in this game makes no sense and the insane respawns + 2 steps away from the npc and resets dramaticly..

i know its fairly new but jesus its driving me insane XD
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

I stoped playing resently. I had hit the 30 famailiar limit and it being a game based on collecting beasts. I was expecting no limit or maybe a storage. I heard about the farm and I am not sure if that was the Storage I am hoping for. I heard there was an increase from 30 to 50 now. But its still a small limit compared to say Dragon's prophet. Which for me if I work my but off or put some effert into get them I kinda WANT to keep them. Atleast in Dragon's prophet you can make them stronger. Yes I am doing a comparing but even in its early days "back when the NA servers was up" It was still much better then. and when the out cry for more space happened they put in 2 pages for the stables.

I'm doing this comparison cause I am aware a lot of people who have left Dragon's prophet to this game expecting, while not the exact same, but atleast being about to collect a large amount of beasts. Whats even more of a push back was when I asked if there was any news on the increase or a storage. I got the answer on the increase (while while be it a rude way) I'm still in the dark on the farm.

I am only human and I make mistakes. sometimes I miss things even if its right infront of me. (I can't be the only 1 that has done that.) But seeing the rude answers when I asked about it just made me want to drop it and pick up Dragon's prophet again.

That is to say I loved the Riders of Icarus game. the only problem I have that's losing me is a limit on familiar collecting. DP has a limit but the amount of space they do give you will keep you busy. When I see a game based on beast collecting I'm expecting ether limitless or a huge amount of space. The players there don't help really.